Tuxego Reviews

183 | Latham, NY

183 Reviews for Tuxego

• User3412066 · 2+ years ago

4.2

Tuxes came out great all of the guys looked fantastic.

Sent on 12/29/2013

Tuxego's reply:

Thank you for using our services and taking the time to review us here.
    I am delighted you felt that the tuxes came out great and all of the guys looked fantastic because that is the end result of our efforts. It is why my staff goes through a very thorough second fitting because this is where we make the difference. It would be easy like other places to send people out the door never the wiser that they didn't have a good fit. Our policy is to make every effort and take time to insure our clients know their fit is perfect.
    Your complete satisfaction of our entire service is that which we strive most and why I would value your direct feedback on what we could have done more to have earned 5 stars in every category. Please feel free to email me at Anthony@tuxego.com.
    Best Wishes to you both and thank you again.

Beth · Married on 06/11/2011

4.2

It was wonderful working with Anthony. The meeting to choose the attire was fun and friendly and the time worked well for us. He even let our son get measured twice because he went through a growth spurt. Dropping off the tuxes was easy too. Anthony went out of the way to make it easy for us. Thank you for all your help!

Sent on 06/24/2011

Tuxego's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words and endorsement. We give it our all to please our clients. It is our goal of providing the best customer service. Part of our great service is to conduct a second fitting that permits us to asses for any adjustments and alterations that may be necessary so that we can be confident we have made our clients look their best and our clients have the opportunity to approve of the look, fit and feel. thank you again and we look forward to serving you, your family and friends for many future events.

3.5

Very Professional! Would recommend for anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 12/24/2013

Tuxego's reply:

Thank you for taking the time during this holiday season to give such flattering review. I pleased you found us very professional and I would value any feedback where we could have been more responsive, flexible and provided more in service in quality. The opinions of our clients matter to us and how we always look to earn tour highest recommendation.
    Best wishes,
    Anthony

Kristen · Married on 07/21/2012

3.8
      3.5
      3.0

Tony was great and worked with us any problems had small issue with shoes day of wedding and they delivered them in a short notice. The tuxs looked great and were comfortable.

Sent on 08/04/2012

Tuxego's reply:

Kristen, thank you for your kind words both in this review and when you dropped off the tuxes, it was much appreciated. We certainly wish that you were totally pleased with our service and that your and Matt's rating reflected your nice comments As you know the purpose of a second fitting, which many places don't bother doing, is so that we can make adjustments and alterations, so that we can insure everyone has the most appropriate fit. As for the shoes, it is a rare occurence, but still possible that at the second fitting they were fine and then gave way expectedly. Still I'm glad Matt called and that you were pleased with our immediate response in resolving it. We do hope the remainder of your wedding was everything you imagined. Best Wishes to you both.

2.4
      1.0

My husband and his groomsmen looked very handsome on our wedding day however I did not enjoy working with this vendor. I found the owner very rude (never to us but around us and often to others). On more than one occasion I heard him talking ill of another customer or of one of his employees. It made me very uncomfortable. I heard him swear in reference to a female employee and said to me that he wished she would quit.

Additionally we had ivory shirts for the men and they were all different brands and therefore slightly different shades of ivory. We requested a red vest for our little ring berrer and received black by mistake. The button on my husbands jacket began to fall off early in the evening so he had to take his jacket off.

There was some positive to renting here however. There was a mistake and we did not get our pocket squares and the owner made them on the spot. I thought that really was above and beyond. He cut and sewed up a vest into 3 pocket squares. I really appreciated this and it shows that although he isnt always kind with his words he does really care about his business and customers.

I would not recommend this shop but if you can overlook the owners strong personality its a fair price and if a mistake happens i believe they will try and fix it for you.

Sent on 09/30/2012

Heather · Married on 05/27/2017

1.0

Our experience with Tuxego was AWFUL. When we met with Anthony for our consultation we thought he was a funny guy, but that quickly turned into him being obnoxious when times got tough. Anthony,  the owner,  measured my husband for his tux and when it came in the only part that fit was the shoes and vest. He then thought it would be appropriate to joke saying "what was I drunk when I measured you?".  This was Wednesday, and we were getting married Saturday so this definitely was not funny. They had to reorder his tux and it didn't come in until Thursday and still had to be altered to fit him as it was too short on the pants and sleeves. Another groomsmans tux came in without the vest, another tux had a big oil stain on the jacket, and all but one of the men had to have their tux altered because it did not fit. Needless to say I was incredibly stressed out with all of this and the owner was less than helpful. He was talking nasty about other customers who had just left while we were there,  and was cursing like it was no big deal. Their prices are higher than men's warehouse so I was hoping for better service and got the complete opposite. Even after all these alterations on the day of the wedding my father had to keep tucking his sleeve in because the stitching had come undone and another groomsman had the buttons of his jacket hanging by a thread because they had moved them to make the jacket fit. Stay away from Tuxego!

Sent on 06/16/2017

Tuxego's reply:

I feel I should address each allegation. The vast majority of my clients appreciate my candor n that they’re getting sincere advice so I see no reason to alter my approach here. Heather is correct, I’m a funny n obnoxious guy, but one that delivers. The changes Heather is referring, are all part of the 2nd fitting process that are clearly outlined in the consultation, on the planner n email. The 2nd fitting is conducted week of the wedding, stressful time for many brides. You'll notice other reviews note appreciation for our attention to detail. Give Heather the benefit that she may have been contending w/other concerns. She may have forgotten details from the consultation. Heather instructed at his initial fitting that she wanted a tight fit. Knowing a 2nd fitting was forthcoming I resolved to appease her. I made the comments to alleviate the tension the poor kid had w/his company. Justin’s tux was here the next day. We fine-tuned it on the spot. He took it w/him. Mrs. L returned w/Mr. Ls’ tux alleging an oil stain. Neither I or my staff could see. Nonetheless I brought it in back, feigned working on it and returned to the front where she said, “I don’t know what you did but it is gone.” I replied I’m not sure but it’s gone. It was disingenuous, but once in a while you need to appease people. If I can cop to that, am I anything but real? Sorry Mr. L had trouble w/his sleeve, wish he noticed at the 2nd fitting or the times he put it on at home. We moved a button for comfort n maintained a fitted look. We could’ve easily gone up a size, but determined this was best. Adam n Steven emailed measurements. When they arrived we made alterations to provide the best fit. There were 8 gentlemen in the party. Of the 6 we measured, the very large gentleman required an alteration n of course Justin’s changes. Erik’s vest was backordered from Tuesday to a Thursday. I think I’ve addressed all of your concerns Heather. If not feel free to call if you have any further questions

Karen · Married on 05/14/2011

1.6
      3.0

My husband had the worst experience with them. The initial meeting was wonderful and we felt confident in our choice. As soon as the tuxedo's came in, it went down hill. The wait to try on the tux's was about 45 to 60 minutes. Even though the guys went in 2 months early to get measured two of the tux's didn't fit and it was 2 days before the wedding. They were able to get the tux's in on time but the still did not fit great. The tux's all smelled like moth balls and were wrinkly. The day of the wedding some of the groomsmen had their buttons fall off. My husband talked to the guys about all of the problems but they did not seem to care. We are very disappointed by our experience. It as the only negative part to our whole wedding planning.

Sent on 06/01/2011

Tuxego's reply:

I'm glad the couple feels their wedding was a success. I wouldn’t want to diminish all the many wonderful reviews I've received with a long and detailed response. Rather, I have prepared answers that addresses each and every misrepresentation and false allegations that are completely incongruent with the rest of my delighted client's reviews. If you want to receive this full disclosure then email anthony@tuxego.com and put in the subject line “Please send your perspective of Karen's 1.6 weddingwire review.” I wish couple years of marriage and happiness.

Jill · Married on 10/13/2012

1.2
      1.5
      0.5

Had to argue with the sales associate to get what I wanted. On the day of the wedding two of the suits were the wrong size. The owner did very little to make it right.

Sent on 04/18/2013