Tuxedo Junction Reviews

81 | Niagara Falls, NY

81 Reviews for Tuxedo Junction

Amanda · Married on 08/20/2011

3.0

I was very disappointed with our tuxedo rental. I found out a few weeks after my wedding (my husband didn't want to stress me out-smart man) that there had been a few speed bumps in getting my groom and groomsmen outfitted for our August wedding. One of the the groomsmen had no shoes when he picked up his tux, one had a tux which didn't fit him and my groom had blood on his shirt when he got it! I guess you get what you pay for, and in the end everything worked out but I would not recommend tuxedo junction, the stress my husband went through the morning of our wedding was not worth it.

Sent on 10/24/2011

2.8
      2.0

As it turns out, there aren't enough characters for all I'd like to say on this. Basically, at least two of the associates at this location are incompetent. We had the first fitting for 5 guys set at 3PM on a Sunday, and the associate thought it was smart to take a walk-in of 7-8 guys who had no idea what they wanted 15 minutes before our appointment, so we weren't seen until just before 5PM. Good thinking.

Also, the associate we dealt with did not record our date(s) properly. Despite being told several times that it was Thurs. 7/10 with Tues. 7/8, she recorded Sat. 7/10 (which doesn't exist until 2021) w\ Thurs. 7/8 for pickup. I corrected this in person, and on the phone and was assured it was fixed. It was not. They called my now-husband at the end of June to "confirm" things, they still had the wrong info down - and they were supposed to contact me, not him, because he cannot take calls during work. I called back and the associate said they may need to adjust the final fitting/pickup date and that she would call be before the end of their day to let me know if so. She did not honor this commitment of hers, so I called up, got someone else, who confirmed our original date.

She then calls back two days later and ultimately changes it 2x more which was a major inconvenience for us and our poor groomsmen who had to keep making last minute plan-changes. In addition to those things, they had the wrong tie marked down for my husband (which we got resolved), and they measured his neck too tight and didn't allow for enough time for adjustments, so he was uncomfortable all through the evening.

It was really just a pain to work with them. I feel like we would have had a better experience working with Men's Warehouse, or at least a more professional one. We definitely would have gotten more personalized service at a mom-n-pop place. The cost was reasonable (the tuxedos themselves were just fine, good shape, all that stuff). I would go elsewhere.

Sent on 07/14/2014

3.5

The Southgate Plaza location in West Seneca was an absolute nightmare. We had a woman who would not listen to my wants/needs whatsoever! She literally TOLD ME what I was going to where at my wedding (Ivory vest, ivory tie and white shirt? For real?). I was outraged, but the price was right.

So I transferred everything over to the Walden Galleria location and it went much, much smoother. From their end, everything was top notch.

BUT, because of the chaos at Southgate, the woman I originally dealt with never listened to me about where I needed my groomsmen to pick up their suits. SO, I had two out-of-town friends go to Tux Junction locations in their area, only to be told that they had to get to the Southgate location in West Seneca. I explicitly requested this not to be the case when I first set everything up with the woman at Southgate.

Tuxedo Junction is a fine option. The price is right. But avoid the Southgate location at all costs.

Sent on 10/15/2014

Autumn · Married on 10/16/2009

2.0

Our problems with Tuxedo Junction began at the Ross Park Mall store in which the salesman was a nightmare. He tried to tell me what color vest and tie my husband WOULD wear and would not entertain the idea that the groom does not have to wear a white vest and tie. Next he started telling my husband not to let me boss him around and took us outside the store into the mall to have us "calm" down and think about things.

For some reason we still decided to rent the tuxes there, I believe it was because we wanted brown tuxes and not every rental store offered those. We told the salesman not to put anything down for the vest & tie colors of anyone, but that we had a couple colors in mind. We opened the account and my husband paid for his accessories.

The next day I took my brother to the Cranberry store to get fitted. The same salesman was working the day shift at that store and he made a smart comment about me picking colors for the groom. I then found out that he entered vest & tie colors for the groomsmen and they were not what I wanted. Our file would not be transferred from the Pittsburgh store to the Cranberry store for days so I could not change. I was supposed to be called when the file came, but I was not. I went in weeks later with the ring bearer--after receiving post cards weekly that he needed to come in--only to be told that he shouldn't come in until a month before the wedding. Annoying.

Thankfully our file was there, the saleswoman had to hand copy the information onto another sheet because our file wasn't in the computer yet, to change the vest & tie colors. I also picked the groom's colors that day and chose black tuxes for the dads and grandpas.

Things appeared to be going smoothly until the tux pick up night two days before the wedding. My mom accidently called me while picking up my dads, brothers, and grandpas tuxes. It turns out that they had black jackets with brown pants written down on the form--and ordered them that way. I was astounded at the stupidity of that. Luckily they were able to get black pants in, but my family had to make a second trip down.

My husband's vest had something wrong with it's construction and no matter how many times we adjusted it, it was crooked the entire day. I was extremely disappointed by this and that no one noticed the problem when he tried it on (apparently I should have gone with him to the fitting).

The tuxes looked very nice, the men were all very handsome, but I was not at all pleased with the service we received and the rudeness and incompetance of the staff. I would never use their services again and I have highly recommended that my engaged friends go elsewhere.

Sent on 12/18/2009

Rebecca · Married on 12/04/2016

2.5

I would not trust Tuxedo Junction and wish I never booked them for my wedding. Every time I walk in there they ask me for more money. It all started at a wedding show where the gentleman selling their services promised a free suit or tux for my soon-to-be husband if the rest of our party rented suits as well. No one bothered to tell me that there was a minimum number of groomsmen. I spoke to a salesman by the name of Chris who overrode this issue, he was great. We got all the men measured except for my future stepson. They told us to wait because he's growing, although, every time I talked to them, the date changed as to when to measure him. We came in today to do that and they asked for more money. The last time we were there, we asked to pay for EVERYTHING. After being given my receipt, I was told we were all set and JUST needed to measure my stepson in November. Imagine my surprise, that now that I'm tapped out of money, they want over $100! I was told all we needed to do is measure! Of course, Chris, doesn't work at that location anymore. Now, I have to deal with the manager who doesn't know me or my situation and argue with him about more money. I had plenty of money to deal with these suits initially but now, it's just not possible. Why don't they have their stuff together?!

Sent on 11/13/2016

3.0

I was very disappointed with my service throughout the whole wedding process. First, they didn't have a suit that I liked, had only black/white suspenders, had to buy my own ties, and had issues with getting tuxes or tuxes not fitting. They actually took 2 shirts and sewed them together so one of my groomsmen had a seam across his stomach. I also felt like every time I went in the store the employees didn't seem to know what they were doing and gave inaccurate info.

Sent on 09/04/2014

Christen · Married on 05/07/2008

3.0

We were very disappointed with Tuxedo Junction. They messed up our order numerous times. In the end, it all worked out though so I guess we can't complain that much!

Sent on 04/21/2009

1.8
      3.0

We used the store in New Hartford, NY. Although they have more flexibility with colors, we were pretty disappointed with the inconvenience we were placed in. Having a large bridal party of 8 guys, a groom and two fathers, majority of the measurements were wrong. It was very difficult for everyone as they traveled 30 min or more to the store three days in a row when we had preparation events leading to our wedding. When I called to try to work it out, I was basically told there was nothing tuxedo junction could do for us. Also, the girl who did our measurements was very difficult to understand and we needed to repeat ourselves several times. It was a bigger headache than ever anticipated and am so glad we won't be needing these services again

Sent on 07/04/2016

1.8
      1.0

We were treated very badly from the start. Every appointment we had with them was filled with rude sales clerks who did not care what we wanted and would not be up front about any of the costs. They even refused to answer our questions. They lost the best man's pants and the father of the brides shoes! The grooms pants were a size too large and the button on the jacket popped off 10 minutes before the ceremony! When we contacted the company the dismissed our concerns and said there was nothing they could do to help us. Being the only place to rent from around here they seemed not to care what they did to us or our wedding as we had no other choice but to rent from them.

Sent on 04/12/2015

Please contact me directly about your concerns. Nancy 1-800-724-1800

Steve · Married on 07/11/2015

1.5

every single male in the wedding had an error with their tux. Whether it was shoe sizes or even the colors were wrong. Worst part is the stores computer systems don't communicate so they have to call each store to find out what someone ordered. Also their online wedding planner is junk. On our wedding day it still said no one was fitted. I had to call and confirm that everyone was fitted. Wasn't impressed with them at all. Tux's should be the least of your worries but they definitely added some unneeded stress

Sent on 07/20/2015

1.0

Never never go to this vendor at the walden galleria. Only some of the staff are professional but the problems we have encountered was just to much unneeded stress required for the bride and groom. When we went in the beginning of Aug- by fiancee pick out his tux to purchase. He got fitted and was told that the suit would be available in 1 week. We paid the deposit.

We live about 1 hour away from the mall. So we went back 2 weeks later to get suits for the father in laws and thought we would be able to pick up the grooms tux. At that point the staff said that only the vest came in and was available. the Pant and jacket was coming in shortly.

Now 2 weeks before the wedding we just went back to pick up all the suits and poof somehow the tux my fiancee had picked was never available. So basically 2 weeks before our wedding we are suppose to run around for a tux.

There was no apologies, or any attempt to rectify the situation.
    Basically, was told sorry not available. They did not even said that they would return the deposit. So basically we paid for something we would never going to get.

NEVER NEVER go here unless you are looking for some unwanted stress!!
    rather paid more money and have better service less stress.

Sent on 09/12/2014

Tuxedo Junction's reply:

I would love to talk with you about your wedding. Please call me directly at 1-800-724-1800, Rich, Customer Service Manager

0.5

We used Tuxedo Junction at Galleria Mall, Cheektowaga NY and were not happy with the service at all. I will say the tuxedos looked great, but that is the only good thing we have to say. They did take any measurements of my 15 year old nephew. We complained repeatedly. Two weeks before the wedding, my sister called & tried them new measurements. Then when he went to pick up tux, it did fit & they had to keep it for alterations. Went to pick up a 2nd time & it still wasn't right. Finally the 3rd time was the charm. Also, they did make a mistake on the grooms order with the shoes, however we were able to rectify that. Needless to say, we would never recommend them.

Sent on 07/16/2014

Kimberly · Married on 10/03/2015

1.4
      2.0

Like others have said, do NOT go with Tuxedo Junction. They practically messed something up on every single guys tux. They had several times where they had no idea who the groom even was! My husbands vest was too big and had black stains all over it. My FIL shoes were tight and ripped. The tuxedo coats were not measured properly (some people's were really short in the arms). And at the end of the night, my husband lost a button on his coat, which he took off maybe 3 times and it was sitting on a chair. The quality was extremely poor, especially considering they were very expensive Perry Ellis tuxedos.
    I'm very dissatisfied with their service and the quality of their goods. I do NOT recommend choosing tuxedo junction for your wedding, unless you want nothing but headaches.

Sent on 10/04/2015

1.2
      0.0

Tuxedo Junction ruined my wedding photos. I was originally warned about using Tuxedo Junction when I was planning my wedding and I wish I would have listened.
    The problems started from day one when me and my husband went into the store to pick out which fTuxedo we wanted. The staff member who worked with us knew one of our bridesmaid and felt a little too comfortable with us, so comfortable that she mailed a letter to our house asking for an invite to our wedding! My husband and I don't even know the individual and that was horribly unprofessional.
    Then when we went to pick the Tuxedos on the Thursday before our wedding none of the tuxedos fit. My husband has too tight of pants and they were too long and too big of a jacket, one groomsman has too big pants and too tight of a jacket, one groomsman had too tight of a jacket, one groomsman had too tight pants and too big of jacket. So the bridal party went back on friday like they were told to pick up the "new" pieces and they were all wrong again.
    I don't have a single nice picture of my bridal party or the grooms because none of the tuxedos fit. the worst one is that my husband's pants were too short and in pictures of us walking out of the church can't be printed full length because his leg and showing and his pants are bunching.
    I will never recommend tuxedo junction to a single person.

Sent on 10/17/2014
  • User4199565 · 2+ years ago

1.2
      2.5

Trouble, trouble, trouble. It was a disaster. I am a groomsmen for this wedding, and I called in my measurements twice! I drove 2 1/2 hours to pick up my attire which they said was finished and well, guess what, they didn't have my measurements, so they obviously didn't have my attire ready. I was and still am very very disappointed with this company, so even though the price may be cheaper than other tux shops in your area, don't go there. There lack of professionalism and their terrible services made for a very stressful situation for myself and all in the wedding.

Sent on 06/24/2014

Kayla · Married on 09/13/2014

0.5

I will never, ever use Tuxedo Junction for any purpose. We went to the store in Cranberry Township, PA.

First of all, we were told the suits were in for our wedding so myself, my husband (then fiancé) and his groomsmen went to try them on.

The vests and pants were champagne in color and were supposed to be exactly the same color and to also match the jacket. Half of the vests were the wrong color and were shades different from the pants.

And the girls working were so mad that I refused to take them that way! They tried to tell me that it was just looking that way under their poor lighting. No, half of them matched and half of them were totally the wrong color. It had nothing to do with the lighting!

And their measurements were horrible. My husband wears a 33-34 inch pant. They ordered him a 39! And his jacket was so ridiculously big that I laughed when they made him try it on. For my father in law, who usually wears a size medium shirt, they ordered a 2x. Are you kidding me? And when he asked why it was huge, they said because he has long arms it had to be that baggy. Once again, no.

Also, they complained about me to my own mother after she showed them that my dad's vest was the wrong color too.

The girls working also complained and whined when I asked them to steam the suits, saying that "they will wrinkle again immediately as soon as you put them back in the bag." Oh, I'm sorry for asking you to do your job.

Lastly, when our best man went to the store during regular hours to return the suits, there was a sign on the door that said "gone - be right back!" And he had to wait 30 minutes for someone to come back. Are you kidding me? Worst experience.

Sent on 09/24/2014

Tuxedo Junction's reply:

I am disappointed in ourselves for not giving you the correct service. Please feel free to contact me directly so we can make it right. Rich, Customer Service Manager 1-800-724-1800

Breanna · Married on 11/28/2015

1.0

Tuxedo junction is by far the worst place ever! As a bride you want things to go smooth which wasn't the case. They told my one ring bearer to go to burlington and buy a tux it would be cheaper then proceeded to tell my brother they aren't kid friendly. My other ring bearer had to go in 4 times before they could get the measurements correct for which we were told his tux would be free rental for the inconvenience the day of final fitting his shoes didn't fit and a snag in his pants and the District manager advised us the rental wouldn't be free and we were basically lieing that no one ever told us that. My groom went for his final fitting in which they hemmed one pant leg too short and jacket was a size too small. They were very unfriendly especially the manager. I asked for a corporate number I was told they don't have one. Overall experience was terrible I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to go to these people!

Sent on 11/23/2015

Nicole · Married on 09/26/2015

1.0

Do not go to tuxedo junction!!! We chose them because they are a popular name for weddings but biggest mistake ever. First they charged us for things we weren't told we would be charged for and were forced to pay because we had to obviously get the items. The measurements for one of our groomsmen was so off he wears a medium and they ordered a 3x!! And his shirt was wrong so many times that the store was forced to deliver the shirt to his home THE DAY OF! The groom had a hole in his crotch the entire night. The pants weren't even stitched!! The brides father had a hole in his pocket, and pants were hemmed very badley. THEN we rush to the store because we have a paper stating to be there by 6 and they have closed at 4. It was the worst experience we have had. If you want good service and your items right, go elsewhere.

Sent on 09/27/2015

Tuxedo Junction's reply:

I would love to talk with you personally. Could you please contact me at nancymac@tuxedojunction.com or 1-800-724-1800? Nancy MacDonald

Kelly · Married on 05/21/2016

0.8
      0.5

We went to Tuxedo Junction because it matched the colors for the bridesmaids. When we first got there for the initial sizing, the person us was unsure how to measure, added stuff up wrong, and that started the downward trend of our experience. I do give them that they are courteous and called me, twice (as no notes were written down after the first time I spoke to them), and went over everything. They were flexible with the fact that my father couldn't go to the initial fitting as he was 2 hours away from the store and couldn't get the day off work, they said he could come in as early as possible the day before the wedding and things should be ok. When the men went to pick up their tuxes, everything just went to hell. The grooms tuxedo was extremely poorly fitting, they had to get him a new jacket and adjust his pants as they were way too tight. The other guys tuxes fit better, but still had some issues that needed addressing. Then they got to the payment portion.... They tried charging every one of the men that got a tux between $10 and $20 more, depending on the guy. The groom was charged $10 extra because they stated he never paid for a pocket square. He didn't have his receipt on him, but I looked and confirmed that he did, in fact, pay for it. Two of the groomsmen were charged $17 dollars because the guy who did the original transaction screwed up on tax. The best man got charged $20 because the guy who did the original transaction screwed up on that somehow as well, but they weren't clear on what was messed up. They wouldn't budge on the price change, even though everyone (except the groom) had their original receipts. When the guys tried to discuss with the staff that it's not their fault the other person screwed up, so they shouldn't be penalized; They were basically told to pay or leave without their tuxes. I absolutely would not recommend this company, they are extremely unprofessional and rude.

Sent on 05/24/2016

0.8

Part 1-

We used Tuxedo Junction for our wedding and our best friend’s wedding. We had a ton of issues each time. For our wedding, the employee measured my husband, all our groomsman, and fathers. When the suits came in, NONE OF THE CLOTHES FIT any of the guys. Most of the shirts, jackets, and pants were too small. Not only were they too small but the earliest most of the guys could pick them up was the day before the rehearsal which meant they had to come back the following day to pick up their new clothes (the same day as the rehearsal) and they had to come late morning or early afternoon. This was incredibly inconvenient, especially for my husband and me when we are scrambling around taking things to the venue, hosting any guests, and finishing last minute details. Luckily, the manager at the Eastern Hills Mall Store was very helpful and friendly in getting us what we needed for our wedding but it was still unneeded stress and a pain to drive back and forth 2-3 times (within the few days before the wedding) for a suit that should have fit the first time!

Sent on 07/02/2015

1.0

Out of six suits we had four that had problems. In the end they refused to make anything right for us and blamed us for the problems. We had suits that were too tight, pants too tight, shirts too big, sleeves too short, wrinkles in pants and jackets, pants that were ripped and had someones matted hair in them that led us to believe that some of the suits may not have been cleaned prior to our rentals. The grooms father's suit was so tight that he opted to decline his and wear his own suit. When you are one day from your wedding the last thing you need to do is take time out of your busy schedule to run an suit back and wait for it to be fixed. I will NEVER recommend this place to anyone! I say RUN away fast!

Sent on 06/02/2016

Kristi · Married on 10/24/2015

0.5

We chose Tuxedo Junction because they have the same colors at Davids Bridal, where the bridesmaid dresses came from. Our wedding party also came from 5 states, so we thought a big company would be easy. Boy, were we wrong!! Tuxedo Junction got many pieces of our order wrong, and were extremely rude throughout the process. Here is a list of the issues: 2 groomsmen missing a vest & tie, 1 groomsman's shoe lace was literally cut in half & would not lace up, the best man's shirt had a huge stain right on the front, 3 groomsmen were sent to the wrong location to pick up their replacement pieces, and everyone was charged for shoes, regardless of whether they elected to rent shoes. This caused for major headaches for my husband and the men the day before the wedding. We called the local Tuxedo Junction the following Monday, 10/26, to verify that all items had been returned. A worker named Jessica informed us that all articles were in fact returned, and that we were all set. However, the ring bearer and one groomsman are now being told that their tuxedos were never returned, and that they are financially responsible!

Customer service rep Rich E. was incredibly rude to my mother multiple times during one phone call, and was cited saying "once they walk down the aisle in the correct attire, we do not care", when defending his terrible customer service. He will be getting a call tomorrow, as will his boss, Joe C.

After 1 of the groomsman (my brother) was missing his vest & tie, and was sent to the wrong location to pick up the replacements, he was furious. A group of young gentlemen walked into the store while he was exiting. He asked if they had paid any money yet, and when they responded that they had not, he kindly told them they should leave and head to Men's Wearhouse... And they did. I suggest that everyone on this site take my brother's advice, and avoid Tuxedo Junction! More appropriately, Tuxedo JUNKtion. Save yourself the frustration & rude treatment.

Sent on 11/16/2015

2.5

First let me say that I had NO problems with the employees who were very pleasant and did their jobs just fine. It's the business that I have a problem with.
    This is my second experience with this vendor. The first was even worse.
    Both times their shirt fit me like a tent and had to be reordered in a smaller size. The size that the employee measured for me was the same size that I always wear but apparently Tuxedo Junction's sizes run much larger for some reason.
    I could get the same size shirt anywhere and have it fit EXCEPT Tuxedo Junction.
    The first time, they billed me and my daughter for the same suit and billed more than quoted for the usher's suits. My daughter had to fight for the refunds after her honeymoon.
    This time they gave me a suit with worn out pants that look like they came from a thrift store. In fact, you would probably get less worn pants from the thrift store. The pants are so thin and threadbare in the seat that I am taking an extra pair of pants to the wedding just in case. They "pressed" the suit but when I tried it on at home, it looked like it had been packed in a suitcase for a month. When I put my foot in the pants, I nearly tore out the "hem" in the pant leg which could not have been more that 2 stitches.
    They have you come in for the final fitting 2 days before the wedding and after 5 pm so that if there is a problem you will need to come back the day before the wedding after 5 pm, which is usually when the rehearsal is. So you have to be in 2 places at one time and hope the suit fits this time or it's too late to get it right for the wedding.
    Nothing like adding more stress to an already stressful time in your life.

My third daughter picked Men's Warehouse for the tuxedos and, so far, I would highly recommend them instead. THEY are letting me pick up the tux 5 days in advance and everything is included.. even cuff links.
    Two experiences with Tuxedo Junction and both BAD.
    I will not do business there again.

Sent on 06/07/2013

0.4
      0.5

The worst experience ever. All they care about is the money. First problem was the button fell off the coat when I put it on. Ok not bad pulled out the needle and thread a sewed it back on. Second problem The pants broke on the side where you can adjust the waist. This could not be fixed. So I had to wear a pair of suit pants with the Tuxedo that I rented. Thank goodness the tux was black and I had a black suit. Called the store and told them about it. It was to late to do anything that day everything had started. Returned the Tuxedo the next day. Ask if we could get a little compensation back because of the pants. I was not looking to get the whole tuxedo for free, but just for the pants. I was told that the only compensation that I would get is that I would not have to pay for damages. I was shock at the decision. I was told that everything was ok when it left the store. I had the pants on for maybe 20 minutes. It not like I had them on all day. They didn't care, it was a complete blow off. I would not take my business back there ever. This is the store in McCandless. Nobody should use this place. Quality of the clothes is a joke. Please think twice about using this place for a wedding, prom or any occasion. They do not stand behind their product, and really don't care as long as they get their money.

Sent on 05/29/2016

amber · Married on 02/12/2010

0.4
      1.0

they were horrible had me in tears the entire week of wedding including the day of when tuxedos colors were still wrong and the tuxedos didnt fit half of my bridal party never never use them again.

Sent on 03/04/2010