Tuxedo by Giovanni Reviews

35 | Yonkers, NY

35 Reviews for Tuxedo by Giovanni

Christopher · Married on 07/20/2017

I highly recommend Giovanni without any reservation. You made my guys look super elegant on my wedding day. Thanks for making my tie. My wife was enamored by the Tuxedos you designed. Thanks for making my wedding day super special.

Chris and Samari
    July 20, 2017

Victor · Married on 09/24/2016

I used Tuxedo by Giovanni for the 3 tuxedos that I needed for my wedding. I had read reviews of Giovanni's business on Yelp decided to go there because of all of the positive reviews. I must tell you that he did not disappoint. Tuxedo by Giovanni is as good as it gets! I made appointments for myself (the groom), my best-man, and my ring-bearer/junior groomsman. Giovanni patiently measured us all and fitted us with perfectly fitting black tuxedos. My tuxedo was actually a tuxedo personally designed and made by Giovanni himself. It had a sleek-looking, European style-fit. I received many compliments on how the tuxedo looked on me. My groomsmen's tuxedos also looked perfect on them. I brought Giovanni swatches of the bride's dress and of the bridesmaids' dresses, and he matched our bow-ties perfectly to them. I couldn't have been more satisfied and happy with the tuxedos I rented from Giovanni and the customer service and professionalism was top-notch. I would definitely recommend Tuxedo by Giovanni to anyone needing tuxedos.

Dana · Married on 09/16/2016

The tuexdos looked really nice. He is really good at alterations and making the tuxedos perfect for your size. He spends a lot of time with you but he just wants to make sure the tuxedos are perfect.

Alyssa · Married on 06/04/2016

Carmela was great to work with. She worked with me to create the look I wanted for our groomsmen and helped my groom look the way he wanted for the big day. She was able to show my dad what fit would look best on him and made him look great for the day as well. The tuxes were ready two days before the wedding and she showed me everything when we went to pick them up. She even hand made the handkerchiefs for the groomsmen when the vendor sent a different color fabric then the one we decided on. She is the best and I am so happy we were able to work with her!!!!!

• Vivian M.

Vivian · Married on 11/08/2014

My husband never looked better!!!!! They did such a great job making my husband and his groomsmen feeling comfortable that for our (second) wedding, in Brazil, my husband and 2 of his groomsmen are going back to get their tuxedos with them. I was a little afraid my dad wouldn't be able to get his tux with Giovanni because he flew from Brazil a week before the weeding. But just like they had promised, my dad and my father-in-law had the same type of tux and we had no problem at all getting a tux for my dad. They even helped me to hide from my husband the cufflinks I had chosen for him.
    Great job, great people. Thanks for the big help on our big day

I've used tuxedo by Giovanni in the past for my special occasions, however this time I was to someone else's black tie wedding. Well, let me tell you they really outdid themselves once again. I did have to make an appointment for the fitting which I usually don't like to do but it turns out there is a reason for it. The fitting process took about 45 minutes to an hour, in which time they were able to determine what the right tux for me is and get my measurements to the tee. Final result.... Well, the tux fit amazingly, the material of the tux felt great which made me comfortable and did not make me feel like I'm trapped in monkey suit for the duration of the event... I felt and looked GREAT. To top it all off several people that I barely knew told me that I was the best dressed guy at the place, mind you there were well over 300 guests at the wedding.
    If you need a tux, don't think twice, call this place. You won't get a better fit or service anywhere else.

John · Married on 10/18/2012

What a Great Place !!! They Absoluetly Kiil It !!! Don't waste Your time going to other places....They can do it ALL...The two sisters there are Amazing...I was going to a Black Tie Dinner with The President and Mitt Romney and they had me suited up and out the door in 30 minutes... Can't wait to go back and have them make me some suits....

cindy · Married on 05/27/2012

We got married on May 27, 2012 and rented all of our tuxes from Tuxedo by Giovanni. My girls dresses were a wild berry color and Giovanni ordered custom ties and handkerchiefs to match. You will only receive professional and friendly service from everyone here. They all will give you their opinion on what looks best. Giovanni also matched by bridal gown color to my husband's vest and tie. We would definitely use them again for tuxes.

Samira · Married on 04/14/2012

My husband and I are so happy we took the time to walk into this family owned business. They truly gave us so much attention and time in making sure that my hubby and his groomsmen looked great for our wedding in Puerto Rico! They consulted, gave us their opinions and suggestions while leaving it all up to us to decide and it was very helpful. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone getting married nearby or destination. They will truly save you the headache of looking for the "perfect suit." They really know what they are doing and we are so glad and grateful for all of their help, flexibility and attention to detail!

Rebecca · Married on 11/05/2011

Using Tuxedo by Giovanni was the best decision we could have possibly made for our tuxedo needs. My husband has never worn a tuxedo before, and hates formal wear, so we were at a complete loss going to a store that didn't have tuxedos in the actual store. Tuxedo by Giovanni provided us with exceptional service and allowed us to try on different styles to see what would look best, and what the groom would feel most comfortable in. The service was phenomenal - I could not have dreamed of a better customer service experience - the people who work at Tuxedo by Giovanni are fully committed to their business and are extremely knowledgeable of the products they carry. I recommend Tuxedo by Giovanni to anyone who needs a tuxedo for a formal event!

When we came to Giovanni just a couple of weeks before our wedding, we were so stressed and discouraged after our experiences at Jos A Bank, Mens Wearhouse, and a couple of local tux shops. Let me just start with the fact that you cannot even compare the level of service, quality, and knowledge base of Giovanni with the other tux shops we visited. Giovanni was extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and patient. The level of detail and the time he spent with us just to make sure everything was perfect was unbelievable. He really cared about how my husband felt and looked on our wedding day. I honestly don't know how to thank him for making the tux selection process so easy and seamless. My husband looked amazing on our wedding day and we owe it all to Giovanni!!

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/09/2011

Giovanni's is a wonderful place to get your tux! Giovanni met with my husband and I to discuss details of the wedding and colors of the dresses for the bridal party. He matched my husband's vest to my dress and picked out the tux for the best man with with my husband and I. He made it a wonderful experience for us and the men in the party. Very helpful and professional!! A+

Tanya · Married on 08/06/2011

I got married on August 6, 2011 and used Tuxedo by Giovanni. They were amazing. Very professional and just know their craft. My girl's dresses were coral and Giovanni suggested a rich chocolate tux which is unusual to see. It went perfect and complimented the coral colored dresses. They also went over and beyond to match my husband's tux with my dress which was diamond white. You guys did a great job ! We got a lot of compliments on our attire. Thanks for making our special day beautiful!

Tanya & Gary

Michael · Married on 07/03/2011

Initially my intentions were to buy a custom tailored tuxedo, however within the last month of preparations, I found that most of the money I would have spent on buying that tux dwindled to different vendors and time along with money was now a factor. I already knew of the great service Giovanni's provides (1 wedding anniversary, 5 proms) and had every intention of running over to their shop, but never the less took a ride to a tux place outside Cross County shopping center first as it was on the way. This first tux shop had a nice set up and a decent selection however I felt almost forced to rent a tux that I did not want to wear. There was a party already being fitted but it seemed that all 4 attendants gave precedence to this party of 3, and my wife and I sat waiting for 45 minutes. Once finally fitted, they tried pushing a very nice classic tux for more than double of what I paid at Giovanni's. I felt very frustrated and glad my wife talked me into now going to Giovanni's.

Once there I felt like I was at a relative (that I like!)'s house. They greeted me with smiles and actually remembered me even though my last prom was about 10 years ago. I requested a sleek shawl-collared tux which they had and was completely fitted within 15 minutes. I was not forced into a certain look, they had me try on different vests and ties which accented the tux I wanted, even sewing on a sash of my wife's wedding dress into a pocket square.

All said and done I was more than delighted with the service/product I received from Giovanni's. If you are looking for a great tux at a more than affordable price with service that will make you feel like family, Tuxedo by Giovanni is your place.

Chris · Married on 12/29/2010

I was desperate! My usual clothier had a family emergency and the blizzard kept me from getting started earlier than the day of the event. I called frantically around to the "big name" operation -- Men's Warehouse and at each of three locations was told (almost laughingly) that they could not fill my request in a single day. Then I came across Tuxedo by Giovanni on the Web. I called and they told me to come right in.

Many smaller clothiers are going out of business because they cannot meet the price point set by bulk competitors. So, I was unsure what to expect at Tuxedo by Giovanni. Walking into that shop was an immediate revelation -- almost like walking into a magic shop when you're a kid. The selection was amazingly broad, almost vast, for what seemed such a little space. In addition, the time and care taken with my fitting resulted in the absolutely best looking and fitting tuxedo I have ever worn in my life.

Will I be doing back? Without a doubt!

Hats off to Tuxedos by Giovanni, a business that will thrive even in these tough times on their expert ability and personal service.

Anna · Married on 10/03/2010

My wedding party came from all over the US and Europe. I thought it was going to be impossible to get tux's on time that fit perfect, well I was wrong, at Giovani's my groom's men were given personalized attention, and were fitted beautifully, even though it was two days before the wedding!!My husband looked amazing :) The tuxedos were clean and pressed and perfect !! Thank you Giovanni's!!
    Anna & Luk
    October 3, 2010

Samantha · Married on 09/25/2010

Amazing!!!!! Such a great selection. A pleasure to work with. Everyone's tux's came in on time and fit perfectly. They all looked great!!!!! Completely worth it!!!!

• DL79

Dani · Married on 07/09/2010

Josephine and Giovanni are truly masters at their profession! From the moment we entered the shop, we knew this was the place to dress my then future husband and his "boys". They showed us such personal attention and truly wanted to make sure every detail was taken care of. Since my dress was closer to a champagne color, they worked tirelessly to make sure my husband had exactly the tie he wanted to match my dress. We had been to a few other shops before discovering Giovanni's and the difference is beyond noticeable. The other shops seemed to careless about what our personal preferences were and only tried to sell us what they picked out or what other people wanted. We decided a long time ago that the groomsmen were going to be wearing Converse sneakers. It was so disheartening to hear salespeople tell us we were making a mistake and we would regret going with a "trend". What they didn't understand or care to understand was that we were not following a trend, this is what we truly wanted and would do whether others had done it before or not. Giovanni's is so different and made us feel comfortable from the beginning.
    They also worked with my grandpa and went out of their way to make sure his tux was perfect for him! It was so nice and much appreciated. They truly are the best choice and we cannot recommend them enough!! The guys looked great and we can't wait to send in pictures!

Nicole · Married on 04/17/2010

Tuxedo By Giovanni brought a whole new meaning to “Customer Satisfaction”. Giovanni and Josephine were beyond professional when it came time for us to choose a vendor for our wedding tuxedos. From the moment I walked into the shop I was warmly welcomed and assured that I had one less detail to worry about for the wedding. With the craziness that comes along with planning such a huge milestone in a couples lives, Tuxedo By Giovanni literally took over and went above and beyond on delivering the best attire for my groomsmen.
    The staff is so knowledgeable of their craft. Josephine made sure that we had the perfect tuxedos to match the material and colors of our bridesmaids, to ensure that our pictures would turn out flawless and that no one would clash. On the day of our tuxedo pick- up Giovanni tells me I have a bit of a surprise, our bridesmaids dress colors were a bit tough to match, so he actually ordered the exact same color and material from the dress maker and custom made our ties and vests for the groomsmen.
    They made a world of a difference in our wedding. The mere fact that they cared enough to go the extra step leaves a warm place always in my heart for Tuxedo By Giovanni.
    Details that would have never occurred to me were taken care of by the staff. It was such a joy and a pleasure working with Tuxedo by Giovanni. These guys are ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC at what they do!!!
    Thanks, The Camacho’s

Elena · Married on 04/16/2010

An amazing bridal experience for our destination wedding. Tuxedo by Giovanni is the best tuxedo rental store in the Westchester, and tri-state area. Josephine offered us exceptional customer service, and was accomodating for a groomsmen who lived international where our wedding took place. She got us the right sizes, and fits for the entire wedding party to insure proper fitting, and included extra garments at no additional cost for our flexibility. The experience was a relief, a pressure off our shoulders knowing that what we wanted was being fulfilled. Josephine even matched a rare color of our brides maid dresses searching through several companies until she found the exact match for the groomsmen, and ring bearers ties. Once again, thank you tuxedo giovanni for exceptional customer service, and attention to detail for our destination wedding.

Julie · Married on 09/18/2009

Tuxedo by Giovanni were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! We couldn't have had a better experience with the tuxedos! They were helpful, they paid attention to detail, they knew us by name, they were so sweet and we couldn't have asked for more! I would recommend them over and over again! Also the burnt orange we used for vests and ties was so Great!! They did such an awesome job and it needs to be known. They made this part the easiest part of planning our wedding!

Emad · Married on 06/12/2009

The service, quality and price at Giovanni's were exceptional. My wedding was in NY this past June, but I am living in London and had no idea where to find a tux. I found Giovanni on the internet, gave my measurements over the phone, and booked a late-notice fitting 2 days before the wedding. There was no need for alterations, as the tux was just what I was looking for, and a perfect fit. Very friendly, professional service, and I would recommend to anyone looking for rentals in the area.

Vincent · Married on 03/22/2009

Giovanni is a real class act. We had many out-of-town groomsman who wavered multiple times between renting their tuxes from Giovanni or a shop near them. Giovanni was patient with their seemingly endless questions, and always willing to work with us to ensure that our tuxes would be uniform no matter where they were gotten. Thankfully, in the end, they all rented from Giovanni, because they looked great! Giovanni put together an awesome look for our wedding party!

lenore · Married on 02/21/2009

josephine was very attentive and helped everything run smoothly

Rosanna · Married on 09/27/2008

Tuxedo by Giovanni is by far the best in Westchester!! From the moment my husband and I walked in Giovanni and his staff were pleased to assist us in choosing the best quality and most comfortable tuxedos for our wedding. With so many different colors, styles, patterns and shoes to choose from Giovanni gave us the most honest and helpful advise in choosing our tuxedos. Thanks to Giovanni outstanding knowledge everyone looked sharp and handsome. We couldn't have asked for more. I highly recommend Tuxedo by Giovanni for any of your next upcoming events.