Tuscan Gardens Wedding and Event Venue Reviews

29 Reviews for Tuscan Gardens Wedding and Event Venue

John · Married on 10/03/2015

1.4
      1.5

We rented this venue for my sons wedding reception as it was close to the location where we had the ceremony. The agreement was made with management that we could use the kitchen to store and heat food that we planned to serve to our guests. Thank God we did a walk through the week before because we found several problems. The walk in cooler was not working and the range was not working at the time of our walk through. After several rather intense discussions between my wife and the manager we were assured that the cooler and range would be working before the ceremony. We went to the venue the day before the reception to set up and there was a repairman working on the walk in cooler. The gas range still would not light because the propane was turned off. The manager told us that she could not turn on the propane until 2:00 for some reason so we took her word on it. When 80 guests arrived for the reception the following evening all was well until we tried to use the stove. The gas was still turned off. Thank goodness the food was still warm from being prepared earlier that day and we did not have to serve cold food.About an hour into the reception is when the nightmare started. All three toilets overflowed and we had dirty water on the floor in both restrooms. I believe this building is on a septic system and I suspect the tanks needed to be pumped out. It took about an hour to reach the manager and tell her what was happening. We rented the venue from 7:00 until 11:00 that night. By 9:00 most of the guests had already left because there was no where to go to the restroom. A plumber did show up but by that time it was too late. We had to cut the reception short a couple hours. In trying to negotiate a refund through the manager all we got was empty promises and alot of run around. I finally had to go online and figure out who the actual owner of the place was and contact him to get a portion of our money refunded. They gave a $140 refund on a $1200 bill. RIDICULOUS!!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Sarah · Married on 03/10/2016

0.4
      0.5

My son and daughter in law had their wedding here yesterday, May 21, 2016. I wish I could post the pictures of the nastiness that we saw. This place is beyond disgusting. I'm so glad that we brought our own food and coolers as it was catered by a family member. The kitchen doesn't look like it has ever been cleaned & there was a dead roach right by the door. The refrigerator smelled like rotted meat, and all the Nayla had to say about it was that they don't use that refrigerator. The toilets were backed up. The dust on the bar was so thick that it had to have been there for a month. There was not an employee present on the property at all while we were present. The owner showed up for 5 minutes and stuck a paper on the kitchen door and got cleaning stuff out for us and left. I'm not cleaning up a place that wasn't even clean when we got there. Not to mention how run down the whole property is. It just looks neglected. If you are considering this venue, don't. It is not worth the money.

Sent on 05/22/2016

0.2
      1.0
      0.0

If you are looking for an inexpensive venue THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO GO!!! We booked this venue back in January and they have had 9 months to prepare for our wedding. We knew that a lot of work needed to be done with this venue but we were assured that all of our concerns would be addressed. It has been a nightmare working with this place and these ladies. Here are just a few things we have had to deal with in the last couple of days: We had to ask them to freshen up the landscaping because it looked like it hadn't been dealt with in quite some time. We showed up on Friday night for rehearsal to the lovely smell of manure from the fresh mulch they had JUST laid. They barely touched any of the landscaping and hardly anything in the ceremony area. They couldn't find anyone to come finish the landscaping the morning of my wedding (yesterday) so they ladies that were doing our cooking had to get out and do landscaping beforehand. (Yummy huh?) When we booked the venue we told them we would have 125 guests. This means you should have 125 chairs for the ceremony and 125 chairs for the reception right? Well they had more chairs for the outside and not enough for the inside so they tried to short change us outside in order to have enough chairs for the reception. Then on top of that we had to set up our own chairs for the ceremony when they venue should have done it. We asked for a certain amount of tables for the reception and had to wait for three tables. Then we can move to the bridal suite: part of the ceiling is falling in a few places, the toilet is broke and the flusher is held together by a twist tie so we had to flush by sticking our hands in the back of the toilet all day. I asked for blinds or curtains to be hung so no one could see in there and that wasn't done so they thumb tacked a couple sheets up. Now the reception has started and we had to ask them to come out of the kitchen to take the lids

Sent on 09/13/2015

Mindy · Married on 07/26/2008

0.2
      1.0
      0.0

When we arrived at the place it was dirty. There were things left behind from the previous wedding. There were wasp nests in the bridal room that we had to deal with before I could enter. The one employee that was required to be there was very rude to my guest. The bridal room ac was turned on at 12 noon, when I arrived at 4p.m. the room was very warm. We were told that we had to be out of the place & everything cleaned up 30 mins after my event ended. I was then accused of breaking things & leaving the place a mess. My mother & the groom's mother started cleaning way before the wedding was even over. My deposit was not refunded due to false accusations. That is money that I desperately needed back.

Sent on 07/31/2008

Tuscan Gardens Wedding and Event Venue's reply:

I have met with my entire staff and especially those present at your event and am certain that the facility was clean and ready for you. I have also met with the maintenance and cleanup team who tell me the floors were clean upon your arrival but were left very dirty after your party had vacated the facility; actually I saw this for myself on the following Monday. The Facilities Closing Manager was onsite for the entire event but there was never any mention of any of these problems to her upon the parties' arrival. She did have to deal with underaged drinking and animal control which were never addressed by your Security Officer. We did everything we could to accomodate your needs, but unfortunately, due the damage done to our facility including a broken mirror on the antique dresser in our Bride's quarters(repairs total $750), we are unable to return your $500 deposit.