29 Reviews for Tuscan Gardens Wedding and Event Venue

4.3

The owner of this venue, Nayla Garcia, is absolutely amazing to work with! Throughout the entire planning process, she has been so understanding and extremely helpful! And the venue is absolutely perfect for our beach theme wedding!

Profile Picture Danielle, 7/17/16, 2 Reviews
0.5

My son and daughter in law had their wedding here yesterday, May 21, 2016. I wish I could post the pictures of the nastiness that we saw. This place is beyond disgusting. I'm so glad that we brought our own food and coolers as it was catered by a family member. The kitchen doesn't look like it has ever been cleaned & there was a dead roach right by the door. The refrigerator smelled like rotted meat, and all the Nayla had to say about it was that they don't use that refrigerator. The toilets were backed up. The dust on the bar was so thick that it had to have been there for a month. There was not an employee present on the property at all while we were present. The owner showed up for 5 minutes and stuck a paper on the kitchen door and got cleaning stuff out for us and left. I'm not cleaning up a place that wasn't even clean when we got there. Not to mention how run down the whole property is. It just looks neglected. If you are considering this venue, don't. It is not worth the money.

Profile Picture Sarah, 3/10/16, 1 Review
1.5

We rented this venue for my sons wedding reception as it was close to the location where we had the ceremony. The agreement was made with management that we could use the kitchen to store and heat food that we planned to serve to our guests. Thank God we did a walk through the week before because we found several problems. The walk in cooler was not working and the range was not working at the time of our walk through. After several rather intense discussions between my wife and the manager we were assured that the cooler and range would be working before the ceremony. We went to the venue the day before the reception to set up and there was a repairman working on the walk in cooler. The gas range still would not light because the propane was turned off. The manager told us that she could not turn on the propane until 2:00 for some reason so we took her word on it. When 80 guests arrived for the reception the following evening all was well until we tried to use the stove. The gas was still turned off. Thank goodness the food was still warm from being prepared earlier that day and we did not have to serve cold food.About an hour into the reception is when the nightmare started. All three toilets overflowed and we had dirty water on the floor in both restrooms. I believe this building is on a septic system and I suspect the tanks needed to be pumped out. It took about an hour to reach the manager and tell her what was happening. We rented the venue from 7:00 until 11:00 that night. By 9:00 most of the guests had already left because there was no where to go to the restroom. A plumber did show up but by that time it was too late. We had to cut the reception short a couple hours. In trying to negotiate a refund through the manager all we got was empty promises and alot of run around. I finally had to go online and figure out who the actual owner of the place was and contact him to get a portion of our money refunded. They gave a $140 refund on a $1200 bill. RIDICULOUS!!

Profile Picture John, 10/3/15, 1 Review
0.2

If you are looking for an inexpensive venue THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO GO!!! We booked this venue back in January and they have had 9 months to prepare for our wedding. We knew that a lot of work needed to be done with this venue but we were assured that all of our concerns would be addressed. It has been a nightmare working with this place and these ladies. Here are just a few things we have had to deal with in the last couple of days: We had to ask them to freshen up the landscaping because it looked like it hadn't been dealt with in quite some time. We showed up on Friday night for rehearsal to the lovely smell of manure from the fresh mulch they had JUST laid. They barely touched any of the landscaping and hardly anything in the ceremony area. They couldn't find anyone to come finish the landscaping the morning of my wedding (yesterday) so they ladies that were doing our cooking had to get out and do landscaping beforehand. (Yummy huh?) When we booked the venue we told them we would have 125 guests. This means you should have 125 chairs for the ceremony and 125 chairs for the reception right? Well they had more chairs for the outside and not enough for the inside so they tried to short change us outside in order to have enough chairs for the reception. Then on top of that we had to set up our own chairs for the ceremony when they venue should have done it. We asked for a certain amount of tables for the reception and had to wait for three tables. Then we can move to the bridal suite: part of the ceiling is falling in a few places, the toilet is broke and the flusher is held together by a twist tie so we had to flush by sticking our hands in the back of the toilet all day. I asked for blinds or curtains to be hung so no one could see in there and that wasn't done so they thumb tacked a couple sheets up. Now the reception has started and we had to ask them to come out of the kitchen to take the lids

Profile Picture User5432634, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place was so nice and worth the drive out in the country.
my Guests were treated to some of the best food I have ever had.
The brides "Cabin" is stocked with everything you would need in case of emergency.
We brought in our own adult beverages and they served the food and served the cake after we cut it. !!! Love, Love, Love, this place!!!

Profile Picture Kayla, 5/10/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Officiant

This place was everything we were looking for. It was small, quiet and quaint. The guests were very impressed by the simple elegance this place had offered, and we couldn't be happier. Jenell, the lady who owns this place, was very kind, patient and very professional. She helped us remember things we would have forgotten and she helped us keep everything right on track for our special day. Also, the priced packages are pretty resonable and are very helpful because they include so many ammenities. It was a little shaky at first, because my family and I do not live near the venue so we had a lot of phone calls and emails between us. She responded pretty fast and was always there to answer our questions. All in all, our wedding was a great success filled with many great memories that we will always remember and we feel like this place was what helped make it happen.

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/9/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They provided the venue with linens and served our guest and did a wonderful job. The setting was intimate and the guest said it was very comfortable, they were glad that it wasn't stuffy feeling. We provided the rustic centerpieces and the venue did a wonderful job of setting it all up. We provided the bar-b-que and they transferred to their serving dishes and did a great job of waiting on people. They provided tea & coffee and the guest were able to byob with their choice of drink which was perfect as well as economical (the charges for security due to alcohol werevery reasonable). Our wedding was held at our church just down the road but they have a lovely garden area that is perfect for outdoor weddings with a cabin for the bride to get ready in.

Profile Picture Christin, 1/13/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My now husband and I spent a lot of time looking for a venue that was just right. When we visited this place we fell in love with it! The lady who owns it, Jenelle, is absolutely amazing! She is the sweetest lady, always fast to answer emails/texts, worked with us on sooo many things!! She is amazing and made our experience one we will never forget! :D The value was wonderful! We are very careful about how we spend our money and we were very happy with the price for all the things we got! It is totally worth it. :) Jenelle is great; she will work with you with just about anything! Throughout the entire process we would add stuff to the package or take out stuff, she was cool with whatever we decided to do. We ended up deciding to just have our reception there, and have our ceremony at our church (more traditional and we had a Christian ceremony), Jenelle was perfectly happy with our choice! I even had a very special request which she let us do and she totally made our dreams come true!

The place was absolutely lovely! Everyone loved it! :) the food was awesome, the service was great! :) The did a marvelous job decorating everything. (I provided some of my own extras, flower arrangements and extra linens etc).
Our package included a wedding planner, we chose to use Sherry Coleman. I must say that she is an amazing lady, brilliant, sweet, knows what shes doing and just a great asset to have help plan your wedding! We adore her, and she worked with us throughout the process and really helped make our day perfect!!! I would totally reccomend that you ask Jenelle about Sherry Coleman. (even if your package doesnt include a wedding planner; she is very fair with pricing!!!! :D )
We can't wait to go back and visit with everyone at Tuscan!
Thank you Jenelle and to all who helped make our day amazing, perfect and unforgettable!! Francisco & Lauren Cardenas

Profile Picture Lauren, 11/12/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

Janelle and her staff were very helpful with all areas of the wedding. Everything was beautiful, and exceeded expectations. They were very reasonably price especially comparing them to other venues we had looked at. I would recommend Tuscan Gardens to anyone who was looking for somewhere for a wedding or other function. I can not thank them enough for all they did.

Profile Picture Maria, 11/13/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would like to thank the staff at Tuscan Gardens for hosting my wedding. They all did a very good job and made my day carefree. I also hired their wedding coordinator Sherry Coleman and she saved my day!!! All my guests commented on what a great time they had and how everything was so organized. I had looked around at various other venues but I am glad I chose Tuscan Gardens. It was affordable, and I ended up getting more for my money then the other places. Thanks again to Jenelle, Jana, and Sherry. Jenelle, I will recommend your place to everyone I know.

Profile Picture Yamiles , 11/6/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Dear jenelle and staff Adam and I just want to say thank you to everyone that helped make our spcial day so awesome and unforgettable . Every little detail was perfect from the setup to the food as well as the entertainment and cake . I couldn't have asked for better service from anyone . I received so many compliments on how everything was setup and looked great . If I ever have another special event I know where I'm going to go . Again thank you everyone who was their to help with our special day .

Profile Picture Christal, 7/10/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

James and I decided to have our wedding at Tuscan Gardens after searching for a Venue that would give us the best quality service. Jenelle was and is the most gracious lady to work with and this was my second experience with her. My daughter held her magical day at this Venue 2 years earlier and who knew I would be coming back to have my Magical day here as well. The service, talent, flexibility, food, decor and all the little touches they added to make this day one to always remember was absolutely remarkable. The staff made sure thye had every little detail to my satisfication, nothing was done without my approval and any suggestions I made were taken into consideration. Our wedding will always be special thanks to Tuscan Garden's unique way of creating wedding day magic in the air, I felt like a princess enjoying her Prince and celebrating our special day!

Profile Picture Cynthia, 3/27/10, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake

My husband and I were married in October 2009. We too, are an interracial couple. The entire staff including the owner made us feel so welcome. Each of them had open ears and were willing to meet our request in order to make our day special. The prices were great and the decorations and facility were absolutely gorgeous. The owner as well as her staff did not in any way ever make us feel uncomfortable. I WOULD RECOMMEND Tuscan Gardens to anyone looking to have a beautiful wedding and/reception in a cozy environment!

Profile Picture Randilyn, 10/24/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my reception at best friends tuscan gardens this past saturday. I can honestly say that they made my wedding day wonderful! The quality of the food and service was exceptional! I got great feedback on the fruit and vegetable display. Everyone is so helpful and they listen to what you have to say, and try their hardest to make this day all you dreamed of. My cake was so beautiful and tasted wonderful. Melissa listened to what I said and made the cake exactly what I envisioned. Jennifer the wedding planner was so helpful on the day of, and is worth every penny. Jenelle and Janna are always available to answer questions or discuss the event with you. After this saturday i am sure that Best Friends Tuscan Gardens will have some future business!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/13/09, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, DJ, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

My sister had her wedding at Tuscan gardens, and I being the maid of honor, got to see a lot of the inside hassles of planning a wedding. My sister, and I both were thoroughly pleased with Tuscan Gardens and their rediness to serve us. The wedding was absolutely beautiful, and at half the cost of some of the other venues. I believe we actually got more in our package then if we would have went with a more expensive venue. The wedding ceremony was outside, and the scenery was absolutely beautiful. The reception was gorgeous as well. All of the staff was very caring towards our needs. I would trust Tuscan Gardens with my big day, and I will be letting others know as well.

Profile Picture kristi, 3/21/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our 2009 Valentine's day wedding at this facility. Both the ceremony and the reception was held there. We also chose to have it catered by the facility as well. EVERYONE that attended said that it was the most romantic wedding they had ever been to. The staff was phenominal! The wedding coordinator referred by the facility Jennifer Matchett was the most organized, professional, accomidating, creative, and understanding person I have ever met. Jenelle (the owner) was very understanding and flexible. She let me create the wedding that I wanted, without any pressure. The food was wonderful with a beautiful presentation. The facility was well cared for, and even in the winter the garden looked beautiful. The bridal room was so pretty and clean, and the bathrooms were spotless. I would refer everyone to this venue. All my expectations that were probably one of the highest of all they brides that have been serviced had been met and more.

Profile Picture desiree, 2/14/09, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
4.7

I had my wedding at Tuscan Gardens on September 27, 2008. First of all, I must say that the value for this reception hall is amazing. After numerous visits to reception sites in the cypress area my mother and I stumbled across this place. It looked so gorgeous from the outside that I just knew it would be out of my budget. To my pleasant surprise it was well under my budget and included more things than most other venues.

Jenelle was very nice to work with throughout the process. I was immediately impressed with the venue and outdoor ceremony site. I knew I wanted an outdoor ceremony and the gardens were just gorgeous! The reception area was perfect! We had around 150 people at our wedding and everyone was very comfortable and there was plenty of room for a dance floor. The food was delicious! I don't think anyone left hungry that night!

The only thing that I would do differently is hire a wedding consultant for the rehearsal and day of. Jenelle and her team are excellant at preparing the food and making the grounds look beautiful but it would have been nice to have someone making sure all of my little details were done properly. My biggest complaint from the whole night was the bar service. We served wine, beer and maragritas at the reception. We gave the bartenders instructions to pour all beer out of the can and into a clear cup that we purchased and provided. Because this wasn't done I now have beer cans in alot of my wedding pictures....which looking back is not a huge deal, just kind of an annoyance!

Other than that the ceremony and reception were wonderful! Tuscan Gardens is absolutely beautiful and I would recommend this venue to any bride on a budget. Tuscan Gardens was everything I dreamed of for my special day!

(Photos of my wedding can be seen on their website...the navy blue and white wedding)

Profile Picture Meagan, 9/27/08, 1 Review
0.2

When we arrived at the place it was dirty. There were things left behind from the previous wedding. There were wasp nests in the bridal room that we had to deal with before I could enter. The one employee that was required to be there was very rude to my guest. The bridal room ac was turned on at 12 noon, when I arrived at 4p.m. the room was very warm. We were told that we had to be out of the place & everything cleaned up 30 mins after my event ended. I was then accused of breaking things & leaving the place a mess. My mother & the groom's mother started cleaning way before the wedding was even over. My deposit was not refunded due to false accusations. That is money that I desperately needed back.

Profile Picture Mindy, 7/26/08, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was great! They best thing about this place was that we had to do very little ourselves and the staff and vendors did everything to make our wedding and reception awesome! We hired the DJ and wedding planner (who also did our awesome cakes) that Jenelle, the owner recommended. I honestly could not be happier with how everything turned out. The food was delicious, the space was great, and we even had the rehearsal dinner there the night before.

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/19/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We really feel like we found a hidden jewel with Best Friends Garden. Jenelle was great to work with, and the cost just can't be compared to similar venues in Houston. The food was great, especially the mashed potato martini bar - everyone was raving about it! I really felt like attention was paid to every little detail, and plenty of people said the same thing. My wedding day was beautiful, and thanks to Jennifer (the planner), I didn't have to worry about anything that day. I highly recommend this place!

Profile Picture Laura, 7/12/08, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I ordered the platinum package and that was the best money i ever spent in my life. Every dream came true that night. Jenelle and her staff was amazing and very accommodating.They went out of there way to make my day special. The food was spectacular. The bride's room is unbelievably gorgeous. The scenery in the garden is absolutely perfect for all our wedding pictures. I would highly recommend this establishment to everyone for any special occasion.

Profile Picture Joanna, 6/7/08, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Photography, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Mrs Jenelle & her staff are the best ever. Its like working with people you have known forever. The facility is very cozy and comfortable. The bridal suite is set up for everything you need. Brush your teeth, curl hair, make up and even ladies room. The bride dont have to leave the room til its time. I purchased the Platinium Package so I revieved everything and the pricing is great for all that she provides for you. Hospitality is outstanding. Beautiful place for a spring/summer wedding especially for pictures. Ours came out perfect. The DJ...Bobby Ray is the greatest ever and we have become good friends with him and his wife. He does great DJing and has an awesome voice. The man can sing. Bridgette was on schedule to the minute with no mess ups. Her advice was greatly appreciated on alot of things I had forgotten about.
So Best Friends Gardens, Jenelle and her staff are very highly recommened for all your wedding needs. My hats off to them. Mother of the Bride

Profile Picture Michele, 5/10/08, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Best Friends catered our high school graduation reception for over 1500 people. Our event was held at our graduation location, and it was not a problem for them in bringing in the food and setting up there. It was beautiful and the food was good. They are easy to work with and provide great food and presentation.

Profile Picture M, 5/3/08, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Beautiful facility. We used for rehearsal dinner. Very flexible and helpful.

Profile Picture Cindy, 1/4/08, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Best Friends Tuscan Gardens definitely provided more than enough service for my wedding. They go beyond just a typical catering service. They helped us plan our wedding reception and gave us several ideas on how to decorate and what food to serve. All of their staff is very nice and willing to help make your day special. Jenelle is an amazing person to work with to get any event done and is always willing to answers any questions you have or any special requests you might want. I had to change my wedding date and they helped me find an available date that fit me best. If it wasn't for Best Friends Tuscan Gardens my wedding reception would not have been so spectacular and elegant. Several of my family members complimented her service and her location. Her reception hall is very nice and it really accommodates large groups very well. I've been to several of her other events not just weddings and they have always done a great job. I highly recommend Best Friends Tuscan Gardens.

Profile Picture Shar-nel, 10/27/07, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake