Turf Valley Resort Reviews

Turf Valley Resort 4
Turf Valley Resort 5
Turf Valley Resort 6
Turf Valley Resort 7

Great site! used the Waterford Ballroom to give us more of an exclusive feel. Great staff, great venue.

Sent on 02/21/2013

Stephanie · Married on 12/29/2007

Turf Valley was excellent - from start to finish! The coordinator was always so responsive and they moved mountains to ensure that everyone's wants/desires for the reception were met - including adding additional courses to their menus and getting us the wine that we wanted. They were fantastic!

Sent on 01/15/2008

Christina · Married on 09/29/2007

I just had my wedding at Turf Valley a few months ago and it was AMAZING. Everything I wanted and how I wanted it decorated they did it and then some. Everyone catered to my every need as well as my guests. There wasn't a time I was missing anything. Also on top of that the food was amazing. We had it served buffet style (just because I like having more food options for my guests, they can get as much as they want and it stays warm) and it was awesome. From the carver asking you how you wanted your steak cooked to the crab cakes. Also with the reception I was given a cake. I was able to go to the cake vendor and design the cake exactly how I wanted and was able to try all the types of cake and the cake was FABULOUS as well. All in all this place is great, although you pay more than some other vendors, you get what you pay for and them some. Overall if you want a wedding meant for the books go to Turf Valley

Sent on 01/25/2008

Stephanie · Married on 08/04/2007

Our reception at Turf Valley was more beautiful than I ever could have imagined and the entire planning experiance was smooth and stress free. We made our own arrangements for centerpieces, so we didn't have a florist to drop things off, and they worked with us to get everything set up just the way we wanted it! Our guests are still raving about the food and the atmosphere. I would recommend Turf Valley to anyone who was considering it for their wedding.

Sent on 03/06/2008

Jamie · Married on 05/30/2004

Wonderful food - so many compliments on the food - the service was exceptional. Great place to work with. Beautiful setup - ceremony was outside, and the reception was in the Waterford ballroom. All and all was a great place.

Sent on 07/05/2008

Amanda · Married on 08/18/2018

I had my wedding 8.18.18. My first experience was their Wedding Extravaganza, they hold an event for multiple wedding vendors and its a great opportunity to see the venue work with a large volume of guests. At the event their food was the best I've had, we knew then that we wanted to book. We worked with Jaime in the sales department, she helped us from day one with what to do, timing of things, etc. She was very respectful of my decisions and would even offer more ideas. Then for the day of, Chris was our Matri D. He was very nice, helpful and polite when working with me and my family. The day went on without a hitch despite some rain. They exclusively use Debi's Cake Studio for wedding cakes, I was hesitant at first but their cakes are truly the best I've had. Overall everyone at Turf Valley was amazing to work with.

Sent on 08/24/2018

Turf Valley was the perfect place for us to have our wedding. Carol was amazing to work with. She is very professional, thorough in her responses, and always available for questions or concerns. We had our wedding in the gardens and it was beautiful overlooking the golf course. We had our reception in the Waterford, which we liked because of how private it is compared to the other ballrooms. The food was delicious, service exceptional, and we (bride and groom and bridal party) were treated like royalty by the staff. I also liked the Waterford area for it's little bridal suite just off the cocktail hour area. We stayed on site for both the night before the wedding and the night after, which made getting ready a breeze. They were so accommodating and really easy to work with. I highly recommend TVR to other couples!

Sent on 10/22/2017

We reserved a block of 10 rooms for a wedding down the road at Waverly Mansion. They were very easy to deal with, and we booked the rooms almost a year ahead. We're lucky that we filled all the rooms! The 1 bedroom/suites were nice and big, it was perfect for those of us getting ready for the wedding! We enjoyed the breakfasts/buffet, and the kids liked the pool.

Sent on 12/09/2016

stephanie · Married on 05/14/2016

COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!
    Turf Valley was WONDERFUL from beginning to end. Our pre-planning cooridnator, Carol, was fantastic. She responded quickly to emails and took meetings to answer stupid questions and made you feel like she really knew what was going on for your day. On the day, there was not one single issue with anything. And if there was, I didn't know about it. The place was beautiful. Even though it rained in the ceremony space, they moved it inside without a hitch and it was absolutely beautiful. I could not recommend them more!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Rick · Married on 05/25/2014

The staff at Turf Valley was very professsional and responsive. i had ten requests on the morning of the wedding, including having my fiance ride up to the site on a golf cart, and the coordinator handled them all. The staff provided many extras, such as sending out bottled water and appetizers to the outdoor site. The hotel room arrangments were very good for our out-of-town guests. The food was excellent.

Sent on 05/27/2014

Turf valley was a beautiful place to have our ceremony and reception. The ceremony was supposed to be outside but due to the weather we had to move it inside and the staff still made it very pretty. The only issue I had was that I ordered personalized cake bags for the cake to be packaged in for guests to take home and they forgot to do that. Small detail compared to how awesome everythjng else way. Our guests raved about the food.

Sent on 10/31/2013

We had our ceremony and reception at Turf Valley because most of our guests were coming from out of town and could not have been more pleased with our decision even though it was not our first choice. We originally wanted to have our wedding on a family owned farm in the area because we wanted it to be our place for the day and not feel like we were sharing our wedding venue with other couples. However, because of our jobs, we needed to have a summer wedding so the potential for hot, humid, or rainy weather combined with the added cost and stress that would come from planning an outdoor wedding had us considering other options. It was actually a DJ that we met while attending the bridal showcase at Turf Valley, and eventually booked, that suggested we have our reception in the Waterford Ballroom because it was in a separate wing of the hotel from the other ballrooms and a setting that would still allow us to add some personal touches to make it feel more like ours.

Chris, our maître d, was incredibly professional and the entire staff was very helpful throughout the planning process as well as on our wedding day. Even though my expectation for the food was not very high because of past experiences at other weddings we were both genuinely impressed with everything and heard several compliments from our guests as well.

Sent on 12/28/2013

Shaneen · Married on 06/15/2013

I recently had my rehearsal dinner (Alexandra's), ceremony (Garden) and reception (Waterford) at Turf Valley. Words cannot express how grateful I am to this staff for their professionalism and willingness to do whatever it took to make my special day a success. Jaime Petit and her staff are absolute gems and she made this ten month process a breeze for me. There was so much for me to focus on as a bride throughout this process but I never once had to worry about whether Turf Valley would take care of their end. They far exceeded my expectations, especially on the day of when everything else seemed to go wrong. If anyone is experiencing any hesitation in selecting TV for their wedding/event, take the plunge. You will be happy you did!

Sent on 07/11/2013
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 08/25/2012

My ceremony and reception was at Turf Valley, on August 25th. They did an outstanding job!!! My guests as well as hubby and I really enjoyed ourselves. Our ceremony was supposed to be outside at the gazebo, but the weather did not want to cooperate, the staff at Turf quickly converted another ballroom into a spectacular ceremony site.

I did not get to partake in the cocktail hour, however, I hear it was amazing and the food was fantastic and plentiful. Our plated dinner was also outstanding and the open bar!! They were able to make special accomodations for my father and uncle who wanted to eat Spaghetti and meatballs!

The hotel at turf also served as the host hotel for my guests (75% of the guest list traveled) and gave a great discount on the hotel rooms. Also, our wedding night stay was included and to our surprise when we went to the room after the reception, there was a plate of sweet treats and champagne.

Thank you Turf, for making our wedding a night to remember.

Sent on 09/15/2012

Samantha · Married on 03/31/2012

Turf valley was amazing through every step of the wedding! The people who helped us Carol, Chris and Jen were fantastic! The value was fantastic the package was great! They helped make my wedding amazing!

Sent on 04/18/2012

Lindsay · Married on 04/24/2010

Turf Valley was a great location for our wedding and ceremony. The layout is nice, the golf greens were well manicured and a nice backdrop, the outside area was great for pictures under the willow trees or by the fountain. We chose the Waterford room which was beautiful. All of the windows and the fountain in the backdrop really added something to the ceremony. With the Waterford location we were able to perform the ceremony in the room, exit to the large outside room for cocktail hour and re-enter the room for the reception while keeping separate from other events going on. They did a great job at transforming the room. The ceremony looked elegant and beautiful then for the reception the room totally turned around and looked like a completely different location but just as beautiful. Jenny B our director was helpful, kind, and understanding. She helped out with any concerns and really made the process a lot easier. Our Maitre D Chris was fantastic as well. He really made the night easier and was soooo helpful. He was way more helpful then I realized the Maitre D would be. The packages Turf Valley offers are really nice. The filet and shrimp imperial dish was great. Overall I had a great experience with Turf Valley and recommend it to brides looking to venture to a new an beautiful location.

Sent on 06/12/2010

RACHAEL · Married on 03/14/2009

Awesome! I was treated like a Queen. There staff was wonderful to everyone's every need, they honor you every request, the guests raved about the food (I didnt have time). I made my own center pieces so Turf Valley had to set them up and they did a wonderful job. Also, I was very happy with the fact of the "stations" for food, for my wedding I did not want the typical everyone sit and eat at one time and then no more food. I had food for the first 3 hours and then dessert including choclate fondue provided by them at the end. Any question email me nurse_Rach03@yahoo.com.

Sent on 07/08/2009

Katie · Married on 09/22/2018

My husband and I are so glad we chose turf valley as our venue for the reception. From the moment we first met with our coordinator, Jaime, we knew it was going to be a great fit! Jaime was so responsive, helpful and great to work with through the whole planning process. She was always an email away no matter how trivial or annoying our questions were. Jaime offered so much helpful advice from her experience and how things best work at the venue. The day of the wedding, Chris was our Maitre d and he made everything flow so smoothly. I knew we were in good hands when he called me a few days before the wedding just to introduce himself and make sure I had his cell phone number just in case. It was great having a venue that had so much on site. Our guests raves about the crab cakes, prime rib, and the top shelf bar - they were shocked at the vast availability of drinks to choose from. Having an outdoor area attached to the ballroom was nice for people that wanted to talk a little more or just be in the fresh air. I would 100% recommend Turf Valley to all of my friends.

Sent on 10/06/2018

Turf Valley Resort's reply:

Hi, Katie -
    Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with Turf Valley Resort! It means the world to us that your special day was all that you hoped for. We hope to see you again soon!
    ~Jaime, Chris & Team
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 09/22/2018

Best Day Ever

Overall, Turf Valley is an incredible venue. Throughout the wedding planning process, we worked with Carol. She was amazing..she answered every question I had quickly and clearly. We had the ceremony in the garden and the weather was perfect. They have a back up plan if you have bad weather. I highly suggest hiring a wedding planner, Turf Valley only comes with a day of coordinator. The food was great, we did the buffet option. It is definitely an expensive venue, but the quality of service and venue match the price. Our reception was in the Waterford Ballroom, which is the only ballroom that is separated from the others. It was the best day ever and I'm so happy we chose Turf Valley!

Sent on 10/30/2018
    Turf Valley Resort 8
    Turf Valley Resort 9

Katie · Married on 04/27/2018

We had a beautiful wedding at Turf Valley and grateful for all of their help with the wedding process. Our wedding coordinator was Jaime - she was fantastic to work with and answered all of our questions, no matter how crazy or last second they were!
    Our wedding day was truly incredible. We were married in the Garden, a beautiful blooming area in the middle of spring, and then went to the Cameo room for the reception. Our maitre'd, Latisha, was fantastic and made sure the event ran smoothly. The food was excellent - multiple guests complimented me on our choices, especially our cake from Debi's Cake Studios! Thank you for helping our dream wedding become reality!!

Sent on 05/23/2018

Maryann · Married on 05/06/2017

Worked with Jamie and she did a great job. Our matre'D was CHRIS and he was the BOMB!! Had an outdoor ceremoney that caused high stress at the last minute but he came thru like a champ! And did the utmost even after the wedding in assembling left over planters, items left behind and numerous other things! He SAVED THE DAY FOR US! All of our guests have thanked us for such a great wedding and loved the venue!

Sent on 06/06/2017
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 03/25/2017

We got married 4 months ago and people are still talking about how delicious the food was, especially the crabcakes. We had fewer RSVPs than expected, so we wound up upgrading the food and bar to meet our food and beverage minimum. My favorite brand of whiskey (Bushmill's) was not included in the bar package, but TV was cool enough to add a bottle just for me. Jaime was very responsive. My husband and I live in California, so we often sent emails after hours and Jaime always responded to my emails first thing in the morning. The day of the wedding, everything went very smoothly. TV's staff worked with all of my vendors. My husband and I had nothing to worry about. Our maitre d' was very good about bringing dinner and cake out to me and my husband. The cake was included in the wedding package and it was very tasty. I'll have to write a separate review for Debi's Cake Studio, but it was nice to not have to worry about cake. After the reception, some of us hung out at the bar and the staff there was very good as well. A few friends asked me to order for them and the bar staff helped me carry drinks. When we got back to the hotel room, the staff had left a bottle of champagne and some chocolate for us. Great touch.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Melissa · Married on 06/06/2015

I am so glad we decided to have our wedding at Turf Valley! It really is a beautiful location (we had ours in the Waterford Ballroom which costs a little more but is well worth it) and the food was excellent. The staff there definitely know what they are doing when it comes to weddings. Jenny B, one of the catering directors, worked with us to make sure it was our dream wedding and was always available to answer any questions we had. Heather from the catering office was also great to work with if for some reason Jenny was not in the office. Our maitre D' for the night was Paul, and he was amazing! He made sure we were 100% satisfied that our wedding went smoothly. I would highly recommend Turf Valley, and the number one reason is for the staff they have there!

Sent on 07/01/2015

Donnalouise · Married on 10/26/2013

The Turf Valley team were so helpful and truly interested in us and our guests' comfort. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are the best!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Heather · Married on 07/13/2013

I couldn't say enough good things about Turf Valley. Jamie who was our sales coordinator did such a great job with making sure everything was in tip top shape months before the wedding. The cocktail hour and food were fabulous and the bartender even noticed me and my groom were drinking moscato all night and gave us the bottle to take to our room! I thought it was such a sweet gesture.

Our Matre D Chris was beyond wonderful. He was always checking in to make sure everything was going great. He made sure the AC was on early in the day so the room was not blazing hot for my guests. ( a tip I heard from another bride)

The ceremony site was amazing. They did a bunch of upgrades months before our wedding and it was just beautiful.

I would recommend Turf Valley to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 08/12/2013