Turf Valley Resort Reviews

Turf Valley Resort 6
Turf Valley Resort 7
  • F

Felicia · Married on 12/29/2012

I had my wedding at Turf Valley on 12-29-12. It was amazing! The food was nice and hot and everything was served promptly. The people catered to every need and was on point the entire time. They did not complain and everyone was so polite even though I had hype guest.The drinks were nice and strong. I highly recommended Turf Valley because they will make sure they try their best to cater to your wants. I could not of had my wedding at another place. The food was delicious and you get more for your money compared to other places. Everyone did a wonderful job especially Latisha.

Sent on 01/08/2013
  • User2078334 · 2+ years ago

Loves this venue! My friends and family were from our of town, so were able to stay there. We also did our ceremony at the gazebo, and our pictures outside, end of October - so beautiful! The staff were super friendly, we had great feedback about the bartenders, our maitra d took all of our presents and other keepsake items to our hotel room after, and we even returned to the room with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting. Best day of my life.

Sent on 01/28/2013

Turf Valley was the perfect place for our wedding. I cannot even begin to praise the staff for their constant responsiveness to my never ending questions and concerns. The food was amazing and I am still hearing about it from guests months after the wedding. The staff set everything up exactly the way I had envisioned it. Everything went smoothly for our wedding and I had nothing to worry about on that special day thanks to everyone at Turf Valley!

Sent on 11/24/2012

Loved this location. Their staff was very helpful and helped me and my family all the way. Thank you

Sent on 06/20/2013

Elminia · Married on 05/19/2012

My daughter's wedding was Nov. 23rd. '13 I finally have a chance to really right my review how wonderful Turf Valley and especially Jaime were for us. We couldn't have been more happier. Jaime was there for us whenever we needed her. She was down to earth and made us feel so confortable. The food was awsome. All our guests commented on how you could cut through the filet like butter. Our guests were pleased that they could stay overnight and not have to drive. The rooms were a great value and clean.
    I wish I could talk to each of you reading this review, but please believe me when I say you can't go wrong here its a great value and Jaime is wonderful and she's there for you before, during and after the event. That's want we like, not like some vendors who are so nice up front to get your business then once your event is over you don't hear from them again.
    This place is a gem and Jaime is AWESOME!

Sent on 01/18/2014

Jeanette · Married on 04/28/2012

I cannot say enough good things about Turf Valley. They made everything so easy.

We worked with Carol leading up to the event and she was WONDERFUL. We had an initial meeting with her, multiple emails, phone calls, and a final meeting/walk through. She was incredibly responsive and no matter how many questions I asked always got right back to me and was very accommodating with all of my requests. At their tasting event she made sure to come up to us (actually sat down at our table with us!) to see if we had any questions or concerns and ask how our planning was coming along. At the final meeting, every detail was taken care of. They even have lockers for each event so you can store items before the big day and know they are safe.

Our day of maitre d was Paul and he was just great. Any minor request I had he took care of before I even had time to think about it and did so with a smile on his face. He helped coordinate everyone's entrances, fluffed my dress before I walked down the aisle, and repeatedly asked me and my husband if we needed anything, including drinks at dinner. :) At the end of the night all items were accounted for. Having him there completely put us at ease. Our day went off without a hitch.

The food, the food! I could write a book about the food. It was SO GOOD. It's been 3 months since the wedding and people are STILL talking about the food when we see them. The appetizers especially - raspberry/brie cigars, mini meatballs, and crab dip - were incredible. Probably the best crab dip I have ever eaten. There was a separate set up of appetizers and drinks for the bridal party in our side room so we could relax before the reception without being bombarded by guests. In the cocktail area, the appetizers are set up as a display AND passed by waiters, preventing the annoying need to search out a server. For dinner we had the filet and shrimp imperial, and the chef was more than happy to prepare adjusted dishes for guests with allergies. We also specifically requested which sides we wanted based on the tasting event and were accommodated with no problem. The sorbet course was also good - it was lemon and even my husband, who normally avoids anything lemon flavored, ate it and enjoyed it. Everything was fresh, hot, and cooked perfectly (not easy with filet for 100 people!).

The guests rooms and check in were great as well. Due to renovations, the room my parents originally wanted (hospitality suite) ended up unavailable, so TV upgraded them to the biggest room available and comped the charge. The rooms themselves are nicely upgraded and HUGE for the price.

Another note - even with other weddings happening at the same time as ours, I never felt that the attention to our event suffered or that we were interfering/running into other events. There were at least 2 other weddings the day of ours and aside from periodically seeing others in passing, mainly in the lobby, it felt like ours was the only event that day.

I am so happy we chose Turf Valley for our ceremony and reception. They are great at what they do!

Sent on 07/28/2012
  • I

irene · Married on 04/07/2012

YOU gotta work with Mary, the wedding caterer! She is awesome and very responsive and flexibly! I live on a different continent so i was very worried that I won't get quality service. But Mary worked with me for everything!! The food was delish! The photos came out soo beautiful!! THANK YOU MARY!!!

Sent on 05/01/2012

Dana · Married on 11/20/2011

Outstanding!!We had our wedding at the Turf Valley Resort and could not have received better service!! It exceeded our expectations! I worked with Mary Wilson who is a Catering Sales Manager and she was excellent!! Genuinely nice, very patient, and was always responsive to my questions. The food was delicious and the maitre d' was ever so helpful and kept everything organized. Thank you so much to Mary Wilson and the Turf Valley staff for making our wedding so successful, special, and memorable!

Sent on 12/13/2011

Jessica · Married on 09/17/2011

They made it SOOOOO easy! Everyone was so helpful and the wedding was everything I wanted! Jenny B is so nice to work with on the planning side!

Sent on 10/13/2011

Mindy · Married on 07/24/2011

I cannot say enough fabulous things about Turf Valley! I had the pleasure of working with Carol. She helped go over all the wedding details. She was very flexible with providing us extra meeting times, tastings, and multiple opportunities to tour the venue. Additionally, she was very quick when responding to emails and phone calls. When the weekend came, all of the details were laid out and the transition to the day of coordinators went very smoothly. We worked with Marquis and Latisha throughout the weekend. They were both very professional and made sure my guests and I had everything taken care of. We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, and brunch all at Turf Valley during the wedding weekend. Additionally, we had many guests stay at the hotel. Everyone loved their spacious rooms and enjoyed the use of the pool and other hotel amenities. Additionally, the hospitality suite where I stayed with my bridesmaids the night before the wedding and then with my groom the night of was wonderful! So spacious- great to get ready for the big day! I truly can go on and on about how wonderful Turf Valley is! I would strongly recommend Turf Valley to anyone interested in a very special and beautiful wedding!

Sent on 08/09/2011

Catherine · Married on 04/09/2011

I recently had my wedding reception at Turf Valley & was so happy with it. Not only was Carol (our sales manager) amazing throughout the planning process but our maitre d' was great during the reception. I was so happy with how the reception looked plus the food was amazing! Our guests kept raving about the hor dourves & dinner. Everything actually went so perfectly that there's nothing negative I have to say about Turf Valley. I would 100% recommend it to any couple looking for a reception venue. I would also 100% recommend paying extra for the Waterford Ballroom. It was worth it!

Sent on 05/06/2011

Kelly · Married on 10/23/2010

Truly the most beautiful place to have our wedding! The people there were absolutely wonderful! They definitely went out of their way to make sure our wedding and reception were perfect! The food was AMAZING!! I still have people talking to me about it! They were perfect!!

Sent on 11/24/2010

jesssica · Married on 08/21/2010

For a bride that works more than a 40 hour work week, it is hard to find vendors that will work with you after hours or through email. I was able to work with the Turf Valley team on both, emailing during the week and meetings on sat/sunday. They were amazingly helpful and very responsive. They also had a variety of options so even on a small budget you can have the reception your family and friends will talk about long after it is over.

Sent on 09/08/2010

Jessica · Married on 07/10/2010

Turf Valley was a wonderful place to work with for my wedding. My mother and I worked with Jenny Betlejewski who was extremely helpful and always tried to accomodate all the requests we had whenever she could. From the day we signed the contract to the wedding day, I always felt that Jenny was looking out for me and that Turf Valley wanted my husband and I to have a wonderful wedding.

The day of my wedding Mother Nature decided to make it rain for the first time in forever, although the rain had stopped an hour or two before the wedding it still wasn't plausible to have the wedding out at the gazebo like I had been planning on for a year and a half. We had already made arrangements with Jenny before that if we had bad weather that we would move into another ballroom that wasn't being used rather than turning over the Waterford room where the reception was going to be. We ended up not making the decision to move inside until the last minute, but Turf Valley didn't hesitate they moved quickly and had the room set up in time for the guests and the ceremony. The only thing that we wish they would have done was change the reader board in the lobby quicker so that guests weren't confused as to where they were going for the ceremony. Otherwise, it was amazing how fast they moved everything and got things set up for us.

Everything went extremely well the whole day despite not being able to have the ceremony outside, which obviously they couldn't do anything about. The reception in the Waterford room was wonderful. The bartender was great. The food was wonderful. And Debi's Cake Studio (the bakery that makes the cake that is included in the reception price) made an awesome cake that was absolutely delicious. Any problems we encountered during the planning process, Turf Valley was quick to correct and apologize. They were happy to answer all of our questions no matter what it was and the staff seemed to genuinely want to make your day perfect. I am very happy with the decision to have my wedding at Turf Valley, it was a great experience.

Sent on 08/12/2010

Lea · Married on 06/05/2010

Turf Valley is absolutely sensational! Carol answered all of my many questions in a timely fashion, which ensured that my wedding day was planned to perfection. All of the staff at Turf Valley did everything that they could to go above and beyond. Not once did I have to worry if something was being taken care of. There were other weddings that day, but I felt like the only bride. To top it all off the food is really exceptional for the cost, even the cake was amazing!

Sent on 08/02/2010
  • cara.malfi

Cara · Married on 05/01/2010

After 18 months of planning, our day was PERFECT. Carol Sirchio was such a pleasure to work with. As you can see from the photos on my profile, the Waterford Room looked fabulous. The food was EXCELLENT and the service was impeccable. We had approximately 80 out of town guests who came in for the weekend as well. Our guests had a blast and loved the amenities the resort had to offer. I would definitely recommend Turf Valley a place to consider, to engaged couples that are planning.

Sent on 09/01/2010

Christen · Married on 03/27/2010

Turf Valley was an amazing venue. THe backdrop for my pictures were just beautiful. I HIGHLy recommend Turf Valley. Cake and Catering Included!

Sent on 01/27/2011

Lacy · Married on 02/17/2010

Turf Valley is amazing.My wedding went off without a hitch!!! They took care of everything and made us feel so relaxed on our wedding day! We knew they had taken care of anything and that is the best feeling a bride can have on her wedding day. This venue is the best!!!!!

Sent on 04/12/2010

Judy · Married on 09/26/2009

We had our reception @ TVR on 9/26/2009 and we could not have asked for a better venue. Carol S. coordinated with the TVR staff exactly how we had planned for the Terrace room. The food was outstanding and almost a month later our guests are still talking about the fabulous crab cakes! Yummy! The bridal suite was large and comfortable and a great benefit and place to collapse after a funfilled wedding day and reception. Latisha the maitre d was not only personable and fun she took care of us and gave us class AAAA service. She took care of all our needs and made sure the staff was on que with the food and drinks and cake. She organized and coordinated the day with the DJ and it was flawless! Thank you! A day for us to remember always!

Sent on 10/19/2009

Dee · Married on 05/24/2009

Turf Valley staff provided a beautiful and eligant setting for Debb's wedding. Compared to other vendors in the area Turf Valley also provided the most value for our dollar. We chose their Emerald package and was not disappointed in any way. Their package included the room, meal, champagne toast for all guests, the wedding cake (delicious), cutting and serving the cake and a room for the night for the bride & groom. In addition, based on availability, the bride and groom will get a free night at Turf Valley for their 1st anniversary. Put it all together and you receive the most bang for your buck!

The setting was perfect, the food exceptional and the staff did everything in their power to making our event a huge success. It was the wedding Debb always dreamed of and for that I am extemely grateful. I can recommend strongly.

Sent on 06/03/2009

Barbara · Married on 05/23/2009

We had a wonderful experience at Turf Valley for our May wedding. Everything was perfect. Our guests said the salmon was the best they have ever had; all of the food was reportedly excellent! The staff gave us a fully stocked suite so the bridal party could eat and relax before entering the reception area and we really appreciated that touch. You can have your wedding reception there without any worries.

Sent on 06/09/2009

Victoria · Married on 05/16/2009

EXCELLANT EXCELLANT EXCELLANT! The whole wedding ceremony at the gazebo and the reception in the Wedgewood Ballroom was absolutely perfect. Everyone told Tom and I how lovely everything was. The service was impeccable, the food was displayed beautifully and tasted delicious. (I missed the cocktail hour due to photos but everyone said it was exceptional.) The staff was very helpful and attentive. Some guests have seafood allergies and some are vegetarian, the staff promptly got them something delicious to eat. Also, I have gotten at least five wonderful comments about the cheesecake that was served for dessert. And the room accommodations were top notch! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WONDERFUL MEMORIES!
    Vicky and Tom

Sent on 07/16/2009

Stacey · Married on 10/04/2008

Jenny B. was our consultant. She led us through each step of the process and was very knowledgeable. The staff during the reception was great. They were very attentive to our guests. The guests raved about the food as well!

Our Maitre D was Chris and he was running his butt off all night long making sure everything went smoothly. Jenny B. was our sales consultant and she was always available whenever I had questions. She made me feel less stressed about things, which is always good when you are planning!

Sent on 12/16/2008

Kelly · Married on 09/27/2008

We can't say enough good things about TV, they were exceptional from the start. Our coordinator went above and beyond for us and accommodated us in every way. Phone calls and emails were always returned within a few hours and when it came down to the week before the entire sales office was very helpful and pleasant. On the day of the wedding it was raining on and off all day. Both our coordinator and the event manager for the evening did everything possible to allow us maximal time to make the decision to move the wedding inside. Unfortunately we did have to have the ceremony inside but the Waterford room had an amazing view of the golf course and fountain so we still felt like we were outdoors. Everyone had an amazing time and everyone we've spoken with has raved about the food, bar and the service that was provided.

Sent on 10/13/2008

Great site! used the Waterford Ballroom to give us more of an exclusive feel. Great staff, great venue.

Sent on 02/21/2013