Tulip Bridal Reviews

48 Reviews for Tulip Bridal

Tulip Bridal 1
Tulip Bridal 2

Mrs · Married on 09/28/2012

I ordered the most beautiful veil, and it came in 2-3 days. I love it and it was very affordable. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/10/2012

Tricia · Married on 08/18/2012

just wanted to say thank you so much for my beautiful bolero.
    I haven't seen one anywhere as beautiful as this in Brisbane, Australia and I will feel like a princess wearing it on my wedding day.It arrived earlier than I expected.
    It is as soft as advertised and looks better than the picture could do it justice.
    Once again thank you so much. I love it and will treasure it forever.

Sent on 07/28/2012

Karen · Married on 05/12/2012

I ordered a short sleeved lace bolero on Wednesday and received it on Friday. I was nervous about ordering online, but I ordered the size based on the measurements they provide on the site. It fits perfectly and is more beautiful than the pictures. Great coverage option for those who don't want to go the strapless route. I wasn't sure what I was going to do after my tailor told me she didn't have time to add sleeves to my dress. Thank you so much!

Sent on 04/28/2012

Sherry · Married on 12/11/2011

I ordered a lace bolero jacket for the ceremony. The jacket was beautiful and exactly what was needed. I priced out a similar jacket at a bridal boutique and a national bridal chain store but the cost was over 50% more than Tulip Bridal. I received the jacket really quickly even though it was shipped from HI and the customer service was excellent.

Sent on 03/29/2012
  • Rosalia

Rosalia · Married on 10/30/2011

Thank you so much for the warm cute and classy faux fur bolero. If it wasn't for this bolero, i would be freezing in my outdoor wedding shots in the snow in October! Thank you. It looked beautiful with my crystal accented satin wedding gown. Loved it!

Sent on 02/03/2012

Jenn · Married on 04/23/2011

The shrug arrived as described and is beautiful! I wore it during the reception of my wedding, and received many, many compliments. I ordered a size small and the shawl fit perfectly. Thank you for a beautiful item!

Sent on 04/29/2011

Shirley · Married on 01/29/2011

I was worried that it wouldn't get to me by my wedding, as I ordered it only 7 days before, but Tulip Bridal sales person reassured me I'd get it in plenty of time, and I did! it was so beautiful and completed my wedding dress, I would recommened to anyone!

Sent on 02/08/2011

Lily · Married on 12/04/2010

I LOVED the fur stole and received so many compliments. It was perfect and was an amazing value. Thank you so much!

Sent on 12/09/2010

Amy · Married on 11/27/2010

Love my bolero. Beautiful and good quality. It completed my wedding look and I loved it.

Sent on 12/06/2010
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 05/11/2013

I ordered my beautiful lace bolero on Tulip Bridal (the only US-based online vendor I could find that had a keyhole lace bolero) and it arrived really quick! Unfortunately, my dress came a week later and I found out the bolero didn't quite match in color (and I decided it was too big anyway). I was technically outside the exchange policy, but the support agents that helped me were super accommodating and made an exception. I sent back my first bolero and got the replacement soon after. It's the perfect color and size now! Thank you! I can't wait to wear it!

Sent on 04/19/2012

Nicole · Married on 06/10/2017

I ordered a bolero from Tulip Bridal to "complete" the look of my strapless dress. It was the perfect addition -- classsy and beautiful. I'm so thankful that I found Tulip Bridal and ordered my bolero within days of my wedding. Fast shipping and very responsive. I highly recommend and would not hesitate to do business with Tulip Bridal again.

Sent on 06/23/2017

Fortunately, my lace bodice was perfect! I do wish they did a have larger variety of sizes. I chose an ivory color to give coverup and a little change to my mothers wedding dress that I am wearing. I was a little nervous about it possibly not looking how I wanted it to and the return policy is a little nerve wrecking...But it came in perfectly and on time.

Sent on 12/07/2012
  • Laurel Joy

Laurel · Married on 10/06/2012

3.5

I bought a beautiful alencon lace off-the-shoulder bolero to wear over my sweetheart ballgown, through Tulip Bridal's etsy store. They were very fast to reply to my questions about shipping, and when I finally ordered my bolero a month before the wedding, it showed up with plenty of time to spare. I was somewhat disappointed when deciding which size to order, as I saw that the bust size options for large to extra large skipped straight from 37.5" to 40.5". Being right between the two measurements, I ordered the extra large, knowing that I could have it taken in some if needed. The bust and waist ended up fitting properly, but it the fabric was oddly baggy at the ribcage. I had a bridesmaid who is good at sewing put in a few darts a couple days before the wedding, and it turned out much nicer. Other than that, I wished the sleeves had fit snuggly against my arms rather than how loose they were, and any time I lifted my arms up (say, to put around my husbands neck for our first kiss), the off-the-shoulder became over-the-shoulder, and I had to tug everything back down again afterward. Overall, though, it went with my dress beautifully and helped create the see through lace effect I had envisioned. Looks fantastic in photos, and I am pleased even though it was not perfect. I received many compliments on it, and most people didn't even realize it was separate from the dress.
    On a side note, they also offer a gorgeous faux fur wrap that I think would be breathtaking for a winter wedding. My lace bolero was the perfect addition for our outdoor, fall ceremony.

Sent on 10/24/2012

I ordered a lace bolero in Small. I am 5feet, 130 pounds and it fit perfectly! It added the finishing touch to my wedding gown and matched the color exactly!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Angela · Married on 11/20/2015

3.2
      3.0

I ordered a wedding bolero from this vendor almost a week ago and it hasn't shipped yet, I have tried to contact them multiple times and through multiple channels about my tight time schedule and have gotten exactly zero responses.
    **Quick update: after posting this review the vendor did contact me and we worked out the issues.**

Sent on 11/16/2015

0.5

Beware fo their very strict (I think unreasonable) return policy. I ordered a veil from Tulip Bridal and the veil was received in a timely fashion and was as described. I didn't open the package for almost a week because I wanted to try it on when a friend was visiting to get her opinion on how it would go with my dress. The veil was as shown on the site and mostly well-made, and I thought a good value compared to other similar shops. However, I realized when I looked at the receipt that I had already passed the 3 day window to request a return. (3 DAYS!) I emailed Tulip Bridal and they gave me an RMA even though I was askign to return after the 3 day window. They gave me an RMA, which was good, although the instructions (which I got the following day) said "Please also mail the item out within 2 business days of receiving this email, using either USPS first class mail or priority mail. Otherwise your package will be rejected." This was a Friday before a holiday weekend so I couldn't get to the post office before 5 pm on a weekday until 4 business days later. Keep in mind, this is still only a couple of weeks after I originally received the veil. (Most companies give you 30 days to return.) I was shocked to receive the package again last week rejected by Tulip Bridal and returned by the post office. I contacted Tulip and confirmed that they had rejected the package because it was sent 4 business days after they sent the RMA instead of 2 business days. I cannot believe that having the package in hand, returned only a few weeks after I first placed the order, they hand wrote return to sender and rejected the return. I could understand if I was trying to return something months after receiving it but this was a matter of TWO DAYS and still not even 30 days after I first placed the order, and they had the package safely in hand!! Unreasonable. And it's a shame because I would have written them a good review based on the initial order and product.

Sent on 02/12/2014

Tulip Bridal's reply:

Buyer contacted us for the return 10 days after she received the original order. We made an exception to accept her return but we specifically asked her to follow our store policy next time and she agreed. But she still ignored our store policy and sent out the return 8 business days after she received the RMA number and return instruction. That's why we rejected her return.

Laura · Married on 10/10/2010

1.6
      3.0

Do not buy from this company! It will just give you more stress than you need when planning your wedding. The bolero I ordered from them was incorrect and is now stuck in Utah somewhere. Thank goodness my credit card company refunded me for the shipping to HAWAII but since they only use pay pal they never refunded me my money.

Sent on 10/16/2010

Tulip Bridal's reply:

Buyer ordered a black lace bolero so we sent the correct one to her (black lace bolero). After buyer received the bolero, she contacted us saying that she actually needed a different color for the lace bolero (ivory). Buyer claimed that she sent the black lace bolero back to us but we never received it back. Later on buyer told us that the black lace bolero was lost somewhere due to the mistake FedEx made and she got money back from FedEx. In this case, we couldn't refund her anything since we never received the item back.
  • User6194969 · 2+ years ago

1.4
      0.0

*1/28/16 Update: First of all, the vendor response makes it sound like I was being unreasonable. These are from their emails to me: "Our hosting company had a maintaince during the weekend and since then all of our incoming messages got delayed. I guess the outcoming message got affected too. We will contact our website hosting company to see what is going on." "We just sent the RMA number to you a little earlier. Sorry there is some delay with our message system yesterday and we just got the chance to view the messages that were sent over the weekends." YOU APOLOGIZED for YOUR message system being delayed due to YOUR hosting company. Why make it sound like its my fault here on Wedding Wire??? Unprofessional! Honestly, I am satisfied with the product I decided to keep, but conducting a return with an online vendor shouldn't have to be so difficult.

Original Review: Knowing that they have a strict return policy, I fully read and placed an order. The order came in super quickly (on a Saturday) and I was pleased with their product. However, I needed to return one of the two boleros so I contacted them 12 hours within receiving the order, via "Contact Us" on their website. This was a little past Sunday midnight and I knew they don't work on the weekends so I went back to the website on Monday afternoon, logged in to see if anything happened. There wasn't anything under my account so I placed a specific "Request" for the RMA number. Today is Tuesday, the third day within receiving my order (their deadline) and I haven't gotten any response despite calling their office twice today and leaving a message. I just sent them an email through Wedding Wire since they seem to read customer reviews here. If they deny my request for return because they didn't "receive any contact from me", I will be very upset. I even took videos of my iPad screen sending them the emails/messages, including proof of time. This is so frustrating! Business that lack communication are very unprofe

Sent on 01/12/2016

Kristin · Married on 10/03/2014

1.0

I paid over $100 for a lace bolero jacket from Tulip Bridal and paid $10 shipping plus insurance. It was marked as "delivered" by the post office, but was never received or signed for and Tulip Bridal's response was that it wasn't there problem. Now I am out $120 and still have no lace bolero jacket, even though I tried to play it safe and order from what looked like a nice business.

I should have ordered one from ebay where there is better customer service and better pricing.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Tulip Bridal's reply:

The insurance claim was filed after buyer contacted us saying that the package was lost. USPS declined the insurance claim and verified that the package was safely delivered with signature to her aunt's address that she provided with the order. Sorry we can not take the responsibility if the package is safely delivered. Buyer also filed the claim with paypal but paypal decided the case in favor of us.

0.8
      0.5

I really hope that, if nothing else, this review will serve to stir their conscience and move them to treat other customers with more respect in the future.

Long story short, I was never able to reach anyone on the phone, every time I called it went to an answering machine, I requested they just give me a quick call and all I ever received were terse, non-apologetic emails.

Back and forth it went, in the meantime my event is getting closer and closer, I don't even know if the items are going to fit and they have a really strict return policy that I am not even sure I can comply with at this point given the date and the fact that my items have not even been shipped let alone received.

So, at my wits end and frustrated, and several unanswered phone calls later I called them out on their terrible service, of course via email as there is no other way to get in touch with them (for the record I used no profanity in my email just the truth and my frustration at being strung along by them).
    I would like to point out that a 5 minute phone call would have resolved the issue quickly and entirely; a very simple, "sorry we don't have this", "oh that's too bad send me this instead" or "no worries cancel that one but send me the one you have", and that's it, done!

Instead of apologizing for the delay, and shipping what I ordered and the replacement item I chose as fast as possible to atone for the delay they caused. This store cancelled my order (a week before the event) and have blocked me from their site.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Tulip Bridal's reply:

Customer left out the reason why we cancelled the order: She demanded us to upgrade the shipping to express mail for free and she said she will not comply with our return policy since the item she purchased is out of stock. If we don't fulfill her demands, she will leave negative reviews everywhere for us. We sincerely apologize for the item that is out of stock and we contacted the customer on the second business day after she placed the order. We asked customer what we should do with her order but customer didn't instruct us to ship the bolero that is in stock or ever asked us to call her. Instead, she asked for several alternative options, one after another. We answered and waited for her instruction to ship the alternative option, which was finally decided 3 days later. Since she ordered multiple items to try on and will return the ones that don't work, we asked her to see if she is aware of our return policy (no returns after event date). She got very mad and told us that she won't comply with our store policy and she demanded us to pay for the upgraded shipping, although her event is over a week away and the regular shipping can still arrive in time and allow her to try on the boleros. This leaves us no choice but to cancel the order and refund her right away.

Veronica · Married on 10/12/2014

0.4
      2.5
      0.0

This company is the epitome of an inability to be flexible. I am writing this review as my event has not even occurred, but they will not accept my return of an unworn, unperfumed and still tagged lace bolero, that i just received Friday night, because in there policy they must receive garment before event and within three days. Understood. But when they just sent me the RMA number (that I must include for return) late Saturday night 3 hours before the post office closes and during the time of the wedding rehearsal. Beware of this company, they do not care to keep your business only to make a buck no matter what the situation or circumstance may be. Do they hold themselves to any standard of professionalism? No. I will never order from them again and I strongly suggest you seek a different company for you bridal needs. Unless, you want extra stress and grief added to your special occasion. No doubt they will try to respond and try to say where I went wrong... all I can say is run.

Sent on 10/12/2014

Tulip Bridal's reply:

Normally we don't accept returns after the event date, as stated in our store policy. When this customer explained that she didn't have enough time to return the bolero, we replied to her right away saying that she can return the bolero after her event (she's the bridesmaid) when she can find time to go to the post office, as long as she can make sure that the bolero is in original condition with all tags on. What we couldn't understand is that she replied to us with a very angry email and left such feedback for us. We have all the emails as proof. We sent email to her and asked if there is any misunderstanding. No response from her since then.

0.0

This company tried to steal my money. I recently purchased a bolero jacket from them and when I tried to return it ( jacket was low quality and didn't fit well), they were unresponsive to my calls and emails. I followed their strict return policy (beware!), but when I still hadn't received a refund almost two weeks later I tried to contact them, with no response. Finally, when I threatened to report them to the Better Business Bureau, they answered my email and agreed to refund me the money.

Sent on 06/18/2015

Tulip Bridal's reply:

We replied to customer's request for return promptly. That's where she got the RMA number and return instruction. But customer chose the slowest shipping method that we don't recommend and it took over 10 days for the package to arrive. While the package was still on the way, customer kept sending messages to us for the refund and threatened us, even after we explained that we haven't received the package back yet. We issued the refund right after we received her package back.

Mary · Married on 03/02/2013

0.0

This company only lets you return items within 3 days after the delivery is made which is completely unrealistic for anyone who is planning a wedding. There is no way I could have tried on the item with my dress since I did not have the dress in my possession. My dress was at the store for alterations. I can provide you with the receipts from the store, David's Bridal, who did my alterations.

I am very dissatisfied with the customer support. They have been unresponsive and unhelpful. Due to circumstances beyond my control, since I didn't have my dress, I was not able to try on the new item with my dress.They have added unnecessary stress and cost to an already stressful and expensive time. I do not understand this at all and how a company can treat customers like this.

Sent on 02/26/2013

Tulip Bridal's reply:

customer contacted us to request the return 6 weeks after the initial order was delivered. We are very sorry that you are not happy with our return policy but it's just been too long since you received the order.