25 Reviews for True Tastes Event Catering

Gluten Free (3)
Cocktail Reception (1)
Family Style (1)
25 True Tastes Event Catering Reviews

Words cannot describe the wonder of Chef Jeff! I went to multiple tastings before going to him, and I was blown away that not only was his food leaps and bounds better than everyone else, but he was way less expensive too. I was sure there had to be some catch, but he really is as good as he seems! Countless people came up to me at the reception to rave about their dinner and my own meal was one of the best I've had all year. Jeff really does exceptional work, and I would hire him again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Brigid, 9/9/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Chef Jeff was amazing to work with! He is very passionate about his food which shows in the different flavors and spices he presented to us. All his food happened to be gluten free as well (except for the bread basket) which was a huge plus for our gluten free guests. I also appreciated that he was at our reception site early in the morning setting up even though our reception wasn't until 6pm. His staff was also very efficient and polite. He was also upfront about every expense at our tasting, so there was no hidden fees we were surprised with later. It was my first time hiring a caterer and True Taste definitely exceeded my expectations.

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/3/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Gluten Free, American, Italian

Our venue had a selection of five caterers we could use. After trying two out, we were on to our third with Chef Jeff at True Tastes. There's a certain energy that Chef Jeff had that was contagious. Here's a person who just loves what he does and he does it well.
After trying out a bunch of different offerings, we decided on the carving station, champagne chicken, a southwestern salad, mashed potatoes and veggies. We knew that typically this combination didn't make a lot of sense, there was no theme except the theme that this was all just delicious food. Wow.
Of course, it's hard not to be wary. A chicken breast cooked for two is going to be a lot different than a lot of chicken cooked for over a 100 people. But it wasn't. The chicken was superb at the event. It avoided any problems and came out a champion. People were asking for recipes for that and the southwestern salad.
We'll just have to have an excuse like an anniversary party so we can have them cater for us again.

Profile Picture Dave, 10/22/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, American, Italian, Southwestern

As everyone else has said, Chef Jeff did an AMAZING job. He is truly passionate about his food, and it shows. Every single bite was delicious, and no one had anything bad to say about the food whatsoever. His southwest caesar salad was a hit, and he dealt with me being picky and changing my mind more than once. On top of that, he remembered (without any prompting!) that I don't love any sort of sauce on my steak (even when it is as delicious as his was), so he made sure to send up a plate with it on the side just for me. He is a really special caterer, and I recommend him to EVERYONE! He is well worth the money (honestly, he could charge MUCH more and still be worth the money!), and he will speak to you like an old friend the whole time.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 8/27/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Plated, Vegetarian, American, Southwestern

Chef Jeff did an amazing job! We had a plated meal for about 200 people and everyone was served in a timely manner. Many people raved about how great the food was and the best part was how affordable it all was! Besides dinner, Chef Jeff provided appetizers (included) and pizzas for a late night snack (affordable add-on). Every time I called Chef Jeff he was available to discuss our day. We couldn't have been happier - great food, great price, great service!

Profile Picture Kayla , 7/16/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Italian, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Vegetarian

My wife and I are so impressed with Chef Jeff and his talented team at True Tastes. From the moment we met him, he spoke to us as if we were old friends. We went in to taste his options for catering our wedding. We found ourselves satisfied, but torn between his many amazing choices. We immediately booked him for our wedding! During the reception, his team was swift and polite. We hardly noticed as they served and cleared tables quickly and quietly through out the meal. Our guests were raving about they food. They were especially pleased with the orange dreamsicle cake he made for everyone. My only regret is my wife and I were so busy with family that we barely had time to enjoy the wonderful meal they prepared. Chef Jeff is a true professional and we felt very comfortable leaving the catering in his hands. Go and visit him at Anita’s Café, inside the Landmark Center. You can sample some of his food there and meet the genius for yourself!

Profile Picture Kate, 6/3/16, 13 Reviews
Category: Catering

Chef Jeff was amazing. He was upbeat, friendly, and great to work with. One thing I appreciated, as a budget to moderate spending bride, is the way he encouraged me to keep it simple yet elegant. The food was delicious, and his staff were professional. He has a great working relationship with Vadnais Heights Commons, my venue, and coordinated well with the staff there. He was very accommodating at getting the tables set the night before so as not to hinder decoration on the morning of the wedding. I recommend the chicken stuffed with pasta- so good!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 3/12/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Southwestern, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres

We had noticed at a number of other weddings we had attended that the food was forgettable and nothing special. So when we were looking into caterers for our wedding we wanted something special and memorable. We definitely found what we were looking for with Chef Jeff. His energy and enthusiasm for food and the art of cooking was something that my wife and I were drawn to. The food for our wedding is something that we think back on often and continue to get comments on from our guests. Chef Jeff and the True Tastes staff were absolutely amazing!

Profile Picture Juian, 2/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

What more can you ask for in a caterer? Upbeat, Positive, great food, and all at a great price. Chef Jeff is the way to go. We went to our first tasting in the early stages of wedding planning. Once we realized that Chef Jeff blew all of the other catering companies away we wanted to go back and finalize our menu. Chef Jeff gladly had us back for another tasting of the food that we decided to go with. I highly reccomend True taste and Chef Jeff for all of your catering needs.

Profile Picture Bill , 10/18/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

We have yet to have our wedding yet, but I cannot wait to use Chef Jeff. He was so amazing during our tasting, we just fell in love. You can tell that he loves to cook and put a smile on everyone's face. Cooking is his passion, and he does it with love! To top it off, he doesn't charge an arm and a leg. He is reasonable and his food is outstanding!

Profile Picture Jillian, 9/26/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

TrueTaste and Chef Jeff were great. We picked them as we got married at the Landmark and they are the only caterer with access to the onsite kitchen. Once you meet Chef Jeff you will have a hard time choosing anyone else. The food was excellent and much more affordable than some of the other options out there. Chef Jeff even through in free cheese and crackers for our cocktail hour and when we asked about late night snacks he arranged to pick up Red Savoy's Pizza from down the street which everyone loved!!

Profile Picture User4508207, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, American

Chef Jeff prepares truly amazing food and his price is unbeatable! Everyone raved about how great dinner was and we specifically had people comment on how moist the chicken was and how the carved roast beef was some of the best they had ever had! Chef Jeff was great about laying out the cost of everything and was easy to work with. The only negatives I have are that he isn't always the easiest to get in touch with, by email (which he only responded to once, when we had emailed him several times) and by phone (we had a few times where he told us he would call us back and never did). The other negative was with the catering staff, not actually Chef Jeff. We had rented a cake board from our baker and when the catering staff cut the cake, they took the cake board and pillars separating the tiers with them. After following up with Chef Jeff, we were able to get the pillars back (and return them to the baker) but Chef Jeff insisted that we were given the cake board back on the night of the wedding with the extra cake on it (there should have been 80+ pieces of cake left over) but NO ONE took home any extra cake, or the cake board. Chef Jeff said he would investigate and get back to me, and he never did. Not very professional in my opinion. I will say that throughout the entire process he was overall, great to deal with. He also hosted our rehearsal dinner in his cafe, since we were getting married at the Landmark Center, and everything was perfect. His dreamsicle cake is to die for!

Profile Picture User5317864, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, American, Italian, Southwestern

Words can't adequately express how amazing our experience with True Tastes/Chef Jeff was! From our first tasting, to the details in between, to the personal touch he gave our special day, our experience with Chef Jeff was perfection. Not only did he provide us with FANTASTIC food, but he was so much fun to work with and made the whole process FUN. I never imagined my husband and I would receive so many compliments on our food at our wedding, but our guests have been bragging about it ever since! I would recommend True Tastes to any bride and groom looking for a down to earth caterer with scrumptious food! Chef Jeff is the BEST!

Profile Picture Chelsey, 9/6/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, American, Italian, Gluten Free, Vegetarian

Simply put, If you're not using Chef Jeff, you're doing it wrong. People are still talking about the food at our wedding. And the orange dreamsicle cake was such a big hit that there are stories going around about it, and people are comparing how many pieces they ate. This was one of the greatest decisions we made, and it was such a good value. We were a little hesitant about doing buffet-style, but at all the weddings we've been to, that's what has always been the best. This was no exception, and there was nothing lost by having a buffet.
As a side note, Chef Jeff is the only one who has access to an onsite kitchen at the Landmark Center. He will also sing as he carves the meat. The man is always in a good mood, and all of our guests loved him. We're now looking for a reason to use him for catering again. He's that good.

Profile Picture John, 9/27/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Chef Jeff is awesome. We received countless compliments from our guests on how good the food was. Extremely professional and friendly staff. Very reasonably priced especially for the quality and service provided. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Jer, 9/19/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Chef Jeff sees food as an art, and works very hard to deliver the best quality at the best value. He was great to work with and helped us create a fantastic menu. We got rave reviews from guests on our buffet of roast beef au jus, champagne chicken, pasta, and more. Would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 8/30/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We had Chef Jeff cater our rehearsal dinner at Anita's Cafe, which is located in the Landmark Center. The food was absolutely AMAZING! We had chicken and beef fajitas, southwestern caesar salad, chips and guacamole, and ice cream and bananas foster. It was so delicious, everyone was going up for seconds and even thirds! Chef Jeff supplied water and soda drinks, and we brought our own wine and beer. We dropped off the liquor and the Groom's cake ahead of time, which was great! Honestly, this was one of the best decisions I made!

Profile Picture User3159454, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

My only disappointment is that I did not write these guys a RAVE review sooner. I knew True Tastes was our #1 choice from the beginning of wedding planning. My husband and I love to eat at their cafe (Anitas) in the Landmark Center during the nice warm weather months and heard they did large event catering. A friend of ours is a corporate event planner and had excellent things to say about their food, professionalism, and value. We were beyond pleased with Chef Jeff and the team of people he works with, and they made us feel as though our wedding was as important to them as it was to us. Guests loved our food, and we thoroughly enjoyed taking a to-go box back our hotel room once the evening was over. We had a seemless evening, and could not be happier with our choice to use True Tastes Event Catering.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 9/14/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Chef Jeff is AMAZING!! He worked perfectly with the size of our wedding (280 people), budget and allergies. He made great recommendations and we had so many compliments on our food - which is rare for wedding food! I would recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture User2489483, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

LOVED the food Chef Jeff catered at our wedding! Loved how open and flexible he was to our schedule and even on our last minute changes/ideas. The food was absolutely delicious and everyone raved about it at the reception. Especially the southwest caesar salad :) Am definitely going to be visiting the landmark center to have lunch made by Chef Jeff! :-)

Profile Picture Sopeab, 10/27/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food was amazing. We had prime rib and chicken and received positive feedback from everyone. Would strongly recommend.

Profile Picture Jackie, 8/4/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Chef Jeff and staff were terrific! His prices can't be beat and the food he serves is AMAZING! Our guests were telling us all night how good the food was and how they've never had wedding food this good before. What's even better is that Chef Jeff listens to you! He doesn't do a set menu of things to pick from-you tell him what you want to eat! Also, the waitstaff that help serve the food are very polite and courteous. You can tell that Chef Jeff is passionate about food-we would absolutely do business with him again!

Profile Picture User979837, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Chef Jeff was great to work with! He created a menu to match what we wanted. He was very professional and helpful. The food was excellent - we got a number of compliments on it!

Profile Picture Roselyn, 8/20/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Awesome food, Chef Jeff worked with us to create a great menu. Everyone was raving about how good the food was and the service was wonderful and prompt. Chef Jeff wasn't at our reception but another gentlemen stepped in and handled the evening without issue.

Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Stephanie , 5/22/10, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering

You can NOT go wrong if you decide to have Chef Jeff cater your special day! When I first met with Jeff he said he understands that "normal" people get married and that is why he does not charge you an arm and a leg for his service! He was a great guy to work with and very flexible! His prices were out of this world!
I had so many people come up to me and tell me the food at my wedding was the best food they have ever had at a wedding or banquet. Everything was just perfect! Give Jeff a call... you won't regret it!!
I had approx. 300 people at my wedding and ended up paying right under $8,000.00! But, there are many different options as well! I had a buffet with 2 diff. kinds of meat!

Profile Picture Deanna, 12/13/08, 5 Reviews