True Photography Reviews

True Photography 7
  • Kate

Kate Kelly · Getting married on 02/15/2020

Photography

Aaron is extremely helpful and knows his work. We are lucky to work with him and his team!

Sent on 09/05/2019
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 09/20/2019

Highly Recommend!

True Photography provides the whole package! Their photographers are so timely, professional and experienced. Aaron, who owns the company is very polished, and cares about what you are looking for. They also provide videographers, whom many have probably worked with the photographer you are going to have. Jennifer, our photographer was great. She kept us on schedule the entire evening and I can’t wait to see what she captured! She also did our engagement shoot and did a fabulous job! She made us feel very comfortable and ourselves.

Sent on 10/08/2019

True Photography's reply:

You both are a great couple and it was a pleasure being part of such a big moment in your life :) I appreciate you telling the world your experience. Thank you. I hope we will photograph you and your friends and families for many years to come!
  • Ashley

Ashley Siwinski · Married on 08/05/2019

Personable and really work with you

I booked true photography purely on my cousins recommendation as I was completely overwhelmed at that point by the whole daunting process of planning the perfect wedding. I’m so happy I did. Everyone was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Leah touched base with me several times in the process to touch bases and answer any questions I had. I have tons of great photos to remember our amazing day.

Sent on 10/08/2019
    True Photography 8
    True Photography 9
    True Photography 10
    True Photography 11
    True Photography 12
    True Photography 13

True Photography's reply:

We appreciate you very much and are so happy that you had a great experience! Let's keep it going and photograph you and your family and friends for many years to come. We would love to capture all the amazing memories in you life!
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 07/19/2019

True Photography, True Talent

Cannot recommend this company enough. They are partnered with our venue and heavily recommended, so it was an easy choice. We already knew our photos would be awesome, but when we received our highlights (over 100 photos) within a week after our wedding we were stoked with the fast turnaround. The photos are absolutely gorgeous, we can't wait to see the rest. Not only is the end result wonderful, but they're just awesome people to work with. The owner was super kind and helpful in answering all of my questions before I booked. They have a payment system that allows you to split up your payments, which I found to be very convenient with so many other wedding costs. Our two photographers on our wedding day were Berlynn and Elaine. Berlynn was with me the whole day and she just has the BEST energy, super easy to get along with, she's funny, she listened to me when I told her any random little shots I wanted, and she's super talented to boot. My husband and his dudes had Elaine and he said she was super chill, fun, and made them all feel comfortable during their photos. She also got some amazing detail shots of our wedding before everyone arrived that I appreciate so much. Incredible job, we are super satisfied clients.

Sent on 08/07/2019
    True Photography 18
  • Jasmin

Jasmin Adibi · Married on 07/13/2019

True Photography Review

Our photographer Jennifer was amazing to work with. We received our photos earlier than anticipated and they were all stunning! Highly recommend True Photography.

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 07/11/2019

Stunning photos and exceptional service!

Voytek and Jennifer are two incredible photographers and we could not be happier that we selected True Photography to capture our special day! Not only is their work brilliant, but they are an absolute pleasure to work with (before, during and after the event), and the whole process was a breeze! We selected True Photography because of their very positive reviews, but also because their work had such a natural and relaxed feel to it as opposed to some of the other vendors we looked at. Every single wedding gallery has a unique personality to it and you feel like you can get to know each couple and relive the experience through their photos.

Our wedding photos are simply stunning! We could not believe the quality, quantity and variety of photos we got back. They were able to capture all of the “big” moments throughout the day, but also so many little ones that we either didn’t remember or weren’t there to see. We always feel so awkward when it comes to being photographed, but they made us feel completely comfortable and actually excited with all of their tips and creative placements.

We could not be happier to have had True Photography there to capture our wedding day, and feel so lucky that we can treasure those memories for a lifetime (and beyond)!

Sent on 09/14/2019
    True Photography 25
    True Photography 26
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 06/28/2019

I highly recommend! They are the best!

We were lucky to have Amber as our photographer, she was amazing and so helpful with everything. She kept everything on schedule and helped me when I needed her. She was fun and we really enjoyed her creativity. I don’t think our photos would have ever came out so well without her. I hired them because I wanted the art and creativity and that’s exactly what I got. We were absolutely amazed by our photos and love them so so much. I highly recommend hiring them as your photographer they are sooo great at what they do!

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Jay

Jay Johansen · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing wedding photography

True Photography provided us outstanding service throughout our entire wedding experience starting with an amazing engagement photo shoot and continuing through our wedding day and reception. They delivered an amazing experience that exceeded our expectations in every way. Our photographer, Dustin, make the whole process fun and easy for us. Also, it was very easy to download and/or order prints of all of the spectacular images they captured for us. Truly outstanding service and results from start to finish.

Sent on 06/20/2019

Emily Due · Married on 05/25/2019

Loved them!

We looooove all of the photos from our big day and Aaron was amazing to work with! His energy is so great to be around and he took amazing photos and had so many great ideas! Would have paid double for how amazing the photos turned out!

Sent on 06/08/2019
  • Janice

Janice Due · Married on 05/25/2019

Stunning photos!

True Photography did a spectacular job for my daughter's wedding. Aaron and Ciara were great with the wedding party and guests. The photos exceeded our expectations, from beautiful traditional poses to the best photos that captured the personalities of my daughter and son-in-law. My husband and I are so very pleased with True Photography, they were wonderful to work with and we will treasure the beautiful photos!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Tara

Tara Seyffert · Married on 05/24/2019

Our Photos Capture the True Magic of Our Day

I loved working with Maddie! We haven't even received all our pictures back yet, but I'm IN LOVE with the highlights she sent and I am still in awe that we have more coming. She made us feel so comfortable, and she helped everyone (parents, grandparents, wedding party, etc.) feel at ease but show our fun personalities in the shots. She used the stunning lighting for beautifully artistic shots, and she found overlooked photo opportunity spots that make our pictures feel unique. She was efficient in getting all the family portraits taken! I could gush on and on and I still would have great things to say. Maddie was so accommodating and captured the beauty of every element, and captured all our people's personalities. Working with Aaron was also incredibly easy, and I didn't feel like just another customer - I felt important and valued, as if our wedding was the only thing they were there to do - even though I know the True Photography team works on weddings day in and day out. All the shots are amazing, from every photographer!

Sent on 06/21/2019
  • DANIELLE

DANIELLE · Married on 05/11/2019

Best Photographer in SD

True Photography was phenomenal!! Voytek was our lead and he exceeded our expectations! From the beginning the True Photography team was so professional and quick to answer any questions/ concerns I had. I was a little concerned in the beginning being assigned to a photographer not knowing who it would be but Aaron (the owner) assured me that all of their photographers were professional and had the same style. And Aaron was totally right! I was so impressed with Voytek and his style, eye for detail, giving us direction and he knew how to work the angles in every shot to make sure it was perfect. I was blown away from our engagement photos to our wedding photos. When people look at our photos their jaws just drop on how beautiful, creative, romantic, and perfect they were. Photos to me were the most important aspect of our wedding as they are forever and True Photography captured every moment. I can’t thank Voytek, Ciara and the team for all of their hard work and amazing skills. You will not regret booking with them!

Sent on 07/12/2019
    True Photography 27
  • Official Mrs.K

Emily · Married on 05/04/2019

Phenomenal!

When I started planning my wedding I knew that my photographer was going to be my most important vendor. True Photography was hands down the best decision I could have made. I was matched with Voytek and Linda and could not be more thrilled with them. Looking at their portfolios online I knew I would be pleased but I was blown away by their personalities, their skill, and the end result of our photos. We received so many compliments from guests and family members about Voytek on the day of the wedding and our photos are STUNNING. I cannot wait to use them again for future family photo shoots.

Thank you Voytek and Linda!!!

Sent on 07/26/2019
    True Photography 28
    True Photography 29
    True Photography 30

True Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your nice review. I am happy you are pleased. You both look terrific. Congrats again!!!
  • kourtney

kourtney · Married on 03/01/2019

Ciara and Avalon are amazing

I hired Ciara for my wedding day and she has delivered exactly what i wanted! Ciara was very professional from the consultation through the big day. She asked great questions to get a feel for the aesthetic I wanted for our wedding photos. She has a great eye and really captured the modern feel i was looking for in my wedding photos. Her eye for details really made the details of my venue pop in the photos.
    Avalon-our second shooter- was so much fun and did a great job of keeping the energy of our guest and wedding party high and capturing that energy in the photos.
    Both ladies were so creative in staging our photos and they had great energy and demeanor despite the hectic nature of our wedding day. They make the perfect duo! I would hire them again in a heartbeat!!

Sent on 03/31/2019
    True Photography 31
    True Photography 32
    True Photography 33
    True Photography 34
  • Sarah

Sarah Frances · Married on 12/08/2018

The best photography team in san diego!

This has to be the BEST photography team in San Diego!!! Where do I even begin?!? My husband and I are from the Bay Area and were planning a destination coastal wedding in San Diego in December 2018. We started planning 1 year out from our wedding date. After looking over several reviews from other photography firms, we ended up reaching out to True Photography based upon their amazing reviews AND their awesome gallery on their website. We heard back from the owner, Aaron Feldman within an hour and he spoke with us for at least 40 minutes getting to know us and explaining his services to us!! Who does that on first contact??? He put us right at ease and was so incredible to work with. My husband is in the photography industry and had several questions which Aaron answered easily and fully. We ended up even adding one of True's suggested videographers, Dustin Sheffield (another review to follow for his amazing talent!!) to our team at a later date!!! Our photographer was Jennifer Hathaway and once she was assigned to us, she immediately reached out to get to know us! Same for Dustin! We had the A Team for sure!! They all worked so well together!! We cannot even begin to describe how INCREDIBLE the shots (and video) came out!!! And TIMELY!! WOWWWWW!!! Jennifer did such an AMAZING job capturing every possible moment and then some that we could ever have dreamt of! She was so professional, friendly, put us all at ease, sweet, and extremely focused. She is so talented and not only did she capture the shots that we had wanted, she took us to a whole other dimension of creativity!! I cannot say enough great things about Jennifer and True Photography!!! This is THE team for your dream wedding and any other special event you want to have memorialized with fabulous and timeless photographs. We will forever be grateful to Jennifer and Dustin for capturing one of the most MAGICAL days of our lives!!! Cheers to you, Aaron, Jennifer, and Dustin (and the entire True Photography team) for the incredible dreams you made come TRUE!!!

Sent on 12/31/2018
    True Photography 35
    True Photography 36
    True Photography 37

Stacey Reisman · Married on 12/01/2018

Absolutely Incredible!!!!!

WOW!! The pictures could not be any more gorgeous. From the beginning, Aaron, was easy to work with. He was so personable and helped us find the right package for what we were looking for. He helped us set up our engagement shoot with Voytek S. Voytek S is a creative genius and made the entire shoot so easy and fun. We received so many compliments on our engagement photos and couldn't wait until the wedding. Well guess what, the wedding photos did not disappoint. The pictures are INSANE and completely exceeded any expectations we may have had. Voytek S. was our lead photographer and Ryan James as our 2nd photographer and he was equally amazing. What a team! We also used Dustin S. (lead ) and Jim (second) for videography through True Photography. Was just saw our 50 second teaser video and are dying to see more. I can not recommend this team enough. Trust them and let them do their thing-they know exactly what they are doing. We could not be happier with this incredible crew!

Sent on 12/15/2018
    True Photography 38
    True Photography 39
    True Photography 40
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 10/05/2018

Dustin was Amazing!

Dustin was our photographer and he was absolutely amazing! We just received our photos a few days ago and we are so happy! He was so funny and light-hearted. He worked well with our videographer also. We can't express how pleased we are with our pictures. We definitely recommend True Photography! 😊😊

Sent on 11/15/2018

Ania · Married on 08/11/2018

I have been an event director and wedding planner for 15 years. When my time came this year to wed, I was extremely particular with the type of photography I was seeking and needed to work with shooters that I could rely on explicitly. I was looking for some unique, stylized shots for the bridal photos but candid shots of everyone for the remainder of the evening. True delivered exactly what I wanted.

They truly trump any other photography studio in San Diego. I have used them prior for multiple clients' weddings with nothing but rave reviews. They were no different for my nuptials.

True is extremely profession, responsive, well-trained and excellent in their craft. Voytek + Dominique were our shooters for the day; we couldn't have asked for a better team! They were so easy-going, kind, PATIENT... and most of the time, I had no idea they were even shooting. They're literally like photo ninjas! From their first hour to their last hour (10 hours later), their demeanor didn't change with smiles on their faces and happy to-be-there attitude.

Thank you True for being so awesome!

Sent on 08/23/2018
    True Photography 41
    True Photography 42
    True Photography 43
    True Photography 44

Jared · Married on 08/04/2018

Voytek and Dominique were amazing photographers. Their photos speak for themselves about the quality and skill of Voytek and Dominique. We are thrilled with how our highlight photos turned out. Voytek's prior experience with our venue was helpful in ensuring we got great shots that took advantage of the lighting at different times of day. Both men were a pleasure to work with and we got so many compliments from our guests about how much fun they were. True Photography as an enterprise is very professional and they adhere to their stated timelines. We are so happy that we were able to book True Photography!!!!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Michael · Married on 07/08/2018

While the most expensive of our options for photography you certainly get what you pay for and we are beyond thrilled at the service and the quality of photos we received for our wedding. This is one area not to get cheap on and we are so glad we chose True Photography. We love our wedding photos and the time the two photographers took in capturing our special day.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Kim · Married on 06/09/2018

Leah F. and Paul D. were our photographers and we are THRILLED with their work! They were a pleasure to work with. Leah is very organized and talked me through the photo plan a couple weeks before our wedding day. Then, on the day of, she executed an artistic vision and it shows in her finished products! The photos are absolutely stunning. We are so glad we chose True Photography!!!

Sent on 06/21/2018

JAJIE · Married on 05/26/2018

UH-MAZE-ZING!!! One of many words to describe True Photography!! From the service, to the payment affordability, to the finished product!! WOW!!! If I could give them 100 stars, I would!!! There is not 1 negative thing to say about this company! I booked with them over a year before my wedding date. They custom made me a payment plan to accommodate my paydays and was more than willing to rearrange dates if need be. To be able to see the smiles on my children’s faces captured, or the tears welling in my husbands eyes as I walk down the aisle, It was worth EVERY penny!! They captured every small detail of my wedding day! I am so so so excited to say I experienced the amazing service of this company! Would I recommend True Photography a million times over!! Leah and Amber caught every shot I requested! I didn’t feel rushed, or hurried. Thank you ladies! My wedding day was perfect and I Thank True Photography for capturing every moment of it!! Aaron, you have an AMAZING business and an AMAZING staff! I can’t wait to hire your company again for any upcoming events so host! My plan is to launch my event planning business soon, Jajie Marque’ Events, and I will definitely recommend True Photography to all my clients!! Thank you, thank you, thank youuuuu!!!!

Sent on 06/03/2018
    True Photography 52
    True Photography 53
    True Photography 54

Chelsea · Married on 05/20/2018

True Photography is amazing! They kept in contact with me constantly up until our wedding day and even after to let us know when they would get our pictures to us. Our lead photographer Berlynn reached out to us about 2 months before the wedding day to get to know us a little better since we could not meet in person and then she contacted us again a few weeks before the wedding day to make sure everything was good to go. I emailed her a few times throughout and she got back to me almost immediately which put me at ease. I am 10 days post wedding and am looking forward to see the images they took for us, they said it would be roughly 26 which I think is great! The only thing I was slightly dissatisfied with was family pictures after the ceremony- I had to be in charge of making sure I got the pictures I wanted. That sounds silly but I was hoping that someone else would do this for me so that I didn't have to worry about it, but I'm sure that we got the ones we wanted.

Ryan was our second photographer and although I didn't get to work with him much, my husband said he was fantastic and had great character.

I would definitely recommend for everyone to use them!

Sent on 05/30/2018

HI Chelsea,
    We are thrilled that you are happy with your experience :) Congratulations to you. Have made note of the family pictures. We are always looking to be the very best for our clients and will definitely make sure that we give very clear direction to keep everyone moving. Thanks again.

Kaitlin · Married on 04/28/2018

Our time with True Photography was great right from the beginning when we received a call from Aaron within about 2 minutes of submitting our information on their website. He took the time to discuss their entire process with us, walk us through our options, and go over their typical timelines. We felt great about the company based on that initial conversation, and decided that we wanted to book with them. A few weeks later, we received an email from our photographer, Maddie, and set up our engagement photo session. Maddie was an absolute dream to work with! I usually feel pretty awkward taking photos - especially for an hour straight - but Maddie really put us at ease and made us both feel so comfortable the whole time. Best of all, I think it really shows in our photos! We are so happy with how they turned out, and have already hung a few up on our walls.

About eight months later, Maddie and a second shooter, Ryan, were able to capture some absolutely perfect photos at our wedding! Once again, the whole time we spent shooting felt relaxed, and was generally a really good time! They were both so much fun to be around, and I know the whole wedding party really enjoyed working with them. We did our wedding party and first look photos before the ceremony, so that we would have more time to celebrate with our guests once the wedding got started. Maddie made a point to come grab us just after dinner in order to capture a few more shots in the evening light, and I’m so glad she did! Those photos were so beautiful and are among some of our favorites (although it really is hard to pick)! Our wedding venue, the Cosmopolitan Hotel and Restaurant, offered a lot of cool and interesting places to take pictures, many of which I never would have noticed on my own. Maddie and Ryan did an incredible job setting up some truly unique photos that we will treasure forever!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Katie · Married on 04/28/2018

EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS! True Photography is truly one-of-a-kind! Having formerly been in the wedding planning industry, I believe your photographer and band are two of the most important vendors you select for your wedding day! I did thorough research before selecting True Photography and based on their reviews and the evident quality of their work, we felt confident in our selection! From start to finish, they exuded nothing but a "true" passion for what they do! Aaron and team, from the start helped us with the details and made the process very stress-free! We got lucky and were fortunate to have two of their lead shooters at our wedding and boy did they not disappoint! Billy and Voytek, excelled at being talented, professional, timely and their personalities made it fun to spend the day with them! We are so incredibly grateful we chose True as our photographer as our wedding photos will live on forever in our hearts and our home! A sincere thank you for everything and your stunning work!

Sent on 07/14/2018