True Confections Reviews

38 | Berkeley, CA

38 Reviews for True Confections

Sarah · Married on 10/22/2016

Judy gave us a great price and the cake turned out both beautiful AND delicious! We spent 350 dollars on cake for 60 people.

Sent on 11/02/2016

Erica · Married on 03/27/2015

Judy was great to work with and our wedding cake both looked and tasted wonderful!

Sent on 05/07/2015

Judy was wonderful to work with! I initially gave into WIC pressure and thought I would go with a higher profile bakery, but after several attempts to get them to call me back and I gave up and went back to Judy. She was responsive and helpful and the cake was beautiful and delicious. Unfortunately the only bite I got of it was during the cake cutting because my guests snatched it up immediately! So I'm looking forward to getting our anniversary cake because I get that one all to myself. :)

I would definitely recommend Judy and True Confections.

Sent on 09/23/2014

Karen · Married on 08/23/2014

Judy was a pleasure to work with. Our wedding cake was perfect, exactly how we wanted it and it looked just like the picture that we sent Judy earlier on. We got the lemon cake and it was the best lemon cake and cake! period!- that we've ever had. Judy was open to our ideas and made us a fig jam for one of the layers. It was perfect and absolutely delicious!! Thank you so much Judy for the beautiful and yummy memorable cake! :)

Sent on 08/29/2014

Tuyet · Married on 11/09/2013

Wonderful experience overall! The cake was delicious and gorgeous!

Sent on 12/27/2013

anabel · Married on 11/01/2013

I can't believe that I didn't write this before. Although I was married 2 years ago, everyone STILL talks about the amazing cake that Judy did for our wedding. It was beautiful and exactly what I wanted, and it was absolutely to die for. We had 120 people at our wedding and I felt that what I paid was well worth it. Judy came and set the cake up exactly has we had talked about it. I couldn't be happier. I am calling her today to see if she is free to be able to make my husband an amazing to-die-for cake for his giant blow out birthday bash.

Sent on 03/15/2017

Tatiana · Married on 10/26/2013

Judy was great to work with especially since my husband and I had no clue what we wanted for our cake! She had lots of photos of her work and presented many options during our cake tasting. We wanted something unique but simple and she was able to deliver that. She helped us design a hexagon topsy turvy cake, if you can imagine what that looked like. It ended up looking very cool and we were pleased. We had no problems in the actual delivery of the cake and we got lots of good feedback from our guests on the taste of the cake.

Sent on 12/24/2013

Mariya · Married on 10/05/2013

Our wedding cake was delicious and beautiful. Judy was attentive towards our needs, both financial and artistic, and made our day special. We would recommend True Confections without a doubt and plan on working with them again.

Meagan · Married on 09/21/2013

Judy at True Confections was a pleasure to work with! Our wedding cake was so beautiful! The fresh flowers used to decorate it were just gorgeous and the flavors of the cake were incredibly tasty. The cake definitely exceeded our expectations. I would definitely use Judy again for any future events!

Sent on 12/18/2013

Joy · Married on 09/21/2013

Just was amazing.... so professional and willing to hear out our different idea for our cakes. The cakes were delicious! They were the best that we tasted when we were searching for a bakery and the price was the best.... which was just icing on the cake... LOL. I would use her again and again. Thank you so much Judy!

Sent on 01/22/2014

Angelica · Married on 08/10/2013

Working with Judy was great and we loved the cupcakes!!!

Sent on 01/06/2014

Corinne · Married on 08/03/2013

Judy Chadwick of True Confections provided us with top notch service and was very easy to work with in the creation of our amazing wedding cake. After interviewing numerous other cake vendors Judy was the only one to provide an on-the-spot price estimate with alternative options to fit our budget. Judy had no trouble listening to our design ideas. She sketched out exactly what we wanted whereas the other bakers were focused on their own ideas and shied away from providing simple thumbnail sketches. Judy's professional demeanor and efficient way of conducting business parallels with her culinary skills. Judy has a varied list of delectable flavors that satisfy any taste palate. The cakes are light, moist, and very flavorful. Our experience with Judy was wonderful and we will use her for all future special occasions.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Jamie · Married on 07/28/2013

Judy was the perfect choice for our wedding cake. She made a cake tasting appointment with me and my husband right away. The day of the wedding Judy delivered the cake and set it up with our centerpiece. She did a wonderful job. We wanted something simple but classy and she delivered! As far as the flavors of the cake....AMAZING! Everyone enjoyed what they received whether it was the berries and cream, chocolate decadence or the valencia. Judy is very professional and never made us feel pressured to hurry up and make a decision during our appointment.

Sent on 01/04/2014

Mia · Married on 06/29/2013

Judy made our wedding cake and did an absolutely fantastic job! We had a three tiered cake with fondant, ribbon and flowers. We also had an extra sheet cake as well. Each layer had a different flavor and they all tasted amazing! We received so many compliments on the cake and it also looked beautiful. Judy was able to take our two different ideas and make it come together - very elegantly too. We took home a few slices of the leftover cake and froze it to save for later - it still tasted amazing. We would highly recommend working with Judy! She was very flexible and is definitely an expert!

• User3739919 · event on 03/31/2013

Excellent service! Judy is an artist. She made an amazing cake and the guests really enjoyed the taste. Her prices were very fair and the service was excellent. Definitely recommend her!

Sent on 12/17/2013

All I can say about this cake vendor is that they are WONDERFUL!!!! Not only did we get a great price on our cake on such short notice, but the cake was EXCELLENT and beautiful! Every one just loved it, and the butter cream frosting on it was to die for!

They are super professional as well. My husband and I had a destination wedding in San Francisco, and they delivered the cake to our reception location the morning of the wedding, and we didn't have any issues at all. They used real roses which made the cake look even more gorgeous.

My husband and I ended up taking the left over cake with us to Napa Valley for our mini-honeymoon and ate it every night for dessert. I would recommend True Confections to any one who is looking for great value, great service, prompt communications, and best of all a beautiful and great tasting wedding cake!

Sent on 07/08/2012

Margaret · Married on 10/08/2011

Judy, owner of True confections was very helpful an patient when it came time to discuss cake options for our wedding. We met 3 times overall to discuss cake decorations, colors, patterns etc. Judt took the time to listen to our ideas and offer her advise/suggestions as well. The price for the three tier cake was very reasonable and within our budget, and we didn't have to compromise the taste. Everything turned out great and the guests loved it. Judy delivered the cake to the restaurant which was all the way in San Mateo without any problems and coordinated everything that needed to be done on her own, so I didn't have to worry about the details with the restaurant.

Sent on 11/19/2011

Sarah · Married on 10/01/2011

Judy was a joy to work with for our wedding. The cake was made, transported, and set up with no problems and was delicious. Our only regret was not ordering a larger cake so we'd have some to take home with us!

Sent on 01/03/2012

Heidi · Married on 09/25/2011

It has been 2 months since our wedding. Every time I look at the pictures of my wedding cake, I feel it was a right decision to hire Judy. The cake was as beautiful as I imagined, and tasted great as well. We got a lot compliments on the cake. Our guests like the flavor. I particularly emphasized I don't want the cake too sweet and Judy listened to me, she added less sugar.

Overall, I'll recommend True Confections to my friends who are getting married.

Sent on 11/28/2011

Nina · Married on 09/04/2011

Judy was so easy to work with. I just gave her ideas and she created a beautiful cake. Not only did the cake look great but it tasted great too! At the tasting every piece of cake tasted delicious. I don't usually like red velvet and I thought her red velvet was the best I'd ever tried. Judy also did a water color painting of what the cake would look like for us to keep and frame. The cake was delivered on time and I had no worries working with Judy.

Sent on 10/05/2011

Ash · Married on 08/13/2011

Judy was absolutely lovely, and made the most lovely cake. She took the time to review my concerns about my vegan, gluten-sensitive family members. The result was a delicious chocolate cake, with scrumptious raspberries, and beautiful flowers spiraling up the sides.

She also whipped up some vegan cupcakes for my co-workers--a sort of apology to them for my pre-wedding frenzy. This was done under short notice, so I was very appreciative that Judy was able to do this!

I have to relate that I could easily have had a YouTube moment with Judy's cake. As my new husband was delicately placing the piece in my mouth in front our guests, I bit down on his finger...hard. I was so blissed out on the afterglow of the ceremony that I didn't really register that he was saying, "Ouch" -- I just bit harder, thinking I was biting through the center of the cake since the outside was so fluffy. A particularly loud yelp brought be to my senses! Luckily, no severed finger. Just a bruise on his nail! ...And a good laugh from the witnesses!

Sent on 02/09/2012

Danielle · Married on 06/18/2011

Thank you Judy! I only needed to do one tasting at one place for my wedding cake and this was it. The tasting went perfectly and Judy was able to plan out an absolutely beautiful cake for my wedding day. I had an idea of what the final cake would look and taste like after this initial consultation but when I showed up at my reception and took one look at this cake I was floored. It was the most beautiful cake I had ever laid my eyes on and it was huge! She did a four tiered classic round wedding cake with a white fondant outside that had white chocolate ribbons around each tier and then one large flowing ribbon that dropped down the sides from the top. She also added pearl stenciling around each tier to give it a little pizzazz. And then when we cut it open a vibrant red velvet cake was exposed. Oh my god... beautiful. We took our first bites and it was the best tasting cake ever! Everyone at the wedding raved about the cake and at the end of the night when I went to get the leftovers the was nothing left, our guests enjoyed the cake so much that there was not a single bite left! Not only was this an amazing cake experience but on top of all of that the price was incredibly reasonable and Judy was nice enough to offer us a one year anniversary "top tier" freshly made by her lovely hands.

Sent on 12/14/2011

Danielle · Married on 04/30/2011

Judy was a true pleasure to work with. We were able to have 2 flavors of cake and both were delicious. Actually, the cake was even better on the day of the wedding than it was during the tasting. The cake looked beautiful without being gaudy. Also, she was able to accommodate our delivery time.

Sent on 04/13/2012

Lisa · Married on 10/08/2010

Our cake was wonderful, we were able to give Judy a picture and she created the cake we wanted.

Sent on 11/16/2010

J · Married on 07/10/2010

Incredible work. Highly creative - gorgeous cake, to say the least - and 100% in accordance with what I requested (she listened to my needs very well and then executed perfectly). Cake was also served perfectly well in 100 degree weather, which is NO SMALL FEAT for a wedding cake maker. She definitely exceeded my expectations, and I highly recommend her.

Sent on 11/15/2010