Tru Blu Productions, LLC Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Sean B. Married on 08/27/2022

Amazing dj for wedding

We had a great time with this DJ, he was recommended by the venue. Deon ended up being both very personable and professional taking into consideration our ideas but making sure to recommended what he thought was best. Despite having a wide age range (25-65) we had people dancing until 11PM.
  • Kaylee
    Kaylee B. Married on 07/31/2022

Incredible DJ

If you're looking for a DJ for your wedding, I highly recommend Tru Blu Productions! Deon was incredible! He made sure all of our favorite songs were played. Along with that, his music selection was awesome. He even was able to take song suggestions from guests which people were very excited about. He was great at communicating with us and answered all of our questions before and during the event. Not only was a great DJ, but he was also a great MC. He got people up and dancing and made transitions into speeches, first dances, cake cutting, etc go very smoothly. Thanks to Deon our wedding was amazing!
    Rob N. Married on 07/29/2022

Deon was amazing.

I wish I could put into words how amazing Deon was. I have been trying to write this review for a couple days and I’m struggling to convey how appreciative we are for all he did. Simply put he was beyond amazing. He basically orchestrated the whole event. My wife forgot the ring which delayed the start. Deon helped calm us both down. During the reception, he played all the ‘special’ songs and seemed to integrate the music flawlessly. He would read the crowd and adjust music when dancing died off. He happily played any requested songs. In the end, without him our day would not have been anywhere as special as it turned out.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Taylor
    Taylor B. Married on 06/25/2022

Incredible DJ

Deon saved the day! After our original DJ canceled days before, Deon stepped up to the plate & absolutely delivered! His energy is infectious, so many guests raved about him. Our wedding wouldn’t have been the same without him!
    Victoria A. Married on 06/11/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Fantastic DJ for a wedding!

Deon was amazing!
    I am not great at picking out music and he made it so easy for us. The music was perfect for our wedding even with such a wide age range of people. He was able to adjust the music to keep everyone on the dance floor and having a good time! His transitions, being able to set up for the ceremony and reception were all seamless. He was able to adjust the timeline on the fly as well. He is also a great MC and kept everyone laughing at the right times!
    Thank you for such a great wedding Deon!
    Ashly Married on 02/12/2022

Rivera Wedding

Deon - Did an exceptional job playing all the music we loved, entertained and also caught some rawl GoPro videos of the wedding. He really made my daughter and Son in laws wedding a memerable one. I highly recommend you hire him, you will not be disappointed.
  • AT
    Aalia T. Married on 09/30/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

We Had a Blast All Night Long!!!!

Deon of TruBlu Productions DJ'd our firm retreat in Tahoe this spring. Let me tell you - this guy knows how to make it a party! From the very first song to the very very last, Deon had us singing and dancing like crazy! We have a range of younger to older coworkers - and I never imagined I would see some of these folks get up and groove, but Deon played music that resonated with everyone and kept the mood flowing all night! I had an unforgettable time, and Deon was professional, kind, and a gentleman. I plan to hire him for all future events! Thanks so much Deon!!
    Sean W. Married on 08/15/2021

Wardour wedding DJ review

Deon was so good and created such a fun atmosphere for everybody. He had the dance floor goin for hours!! Definitely would recommend to everyone.
    Alison C. Married on 07/09/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best service & experience!

I could not be more thankful for the service and experience Tru Blu provided not only during our wedding day, but the process leading up to it - it was truly outstanding. They did not just provide music and emcee services (which were both fantastic!)…they really took ownership of ensuring our day was special and fit exactly what we envisioned. Like many other weddings, ours had to be postponed due to Covid. Deon (the owner and DJ/emcee of our wedding) stuck with us throughout, and serviced our wedding a year later than planned. He helped put our minds at ease about the day, and made the process super fun. He was incredibly organized and made submitting our song preferences a breeze and fun. He is a great listener, and took our vision and ran with it. Once the wedding day finally arrived, Deon and Tru Blu nailed it. He hit all the marks, adapted to any changes that were required, asking our input when necessary, and his timing and energy were tremendous. Really, after waiting 2 years for our wedding, and to be helped like we felt Deon helped us make this an amazing day, I couldn't be more appreciative. Go with Deon and Tru Blu!
  • Matt
    Matt S. Married on 07/09/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Incredible, Go with Tru Blu!!

If I could hire Tru Blu a thousand times again for my wedding, I would. My experience with Tru Blu, from start to finish, was simply amazing. I can assure you they will make your wedding that much better and easier. Let me give you specifics to prove my point. I was exposed to Deon (the owner) in 2019 at a step-brother's wedding in Tahoe. He rocked it! I reached out to him about my own wedding in 2020. He was engaging, friendly, and high-energy from the start. Though my wedding was in Napa, he was willing to make the trip. I had to postpone my wedding due to Covid, and Deon didn't skip a beat. He stuck by us through it, and played our wedding in July 2021. It was just what we wanted: great music, special moments, just right. He emceed the wedding and his introductions, timing and energy were superb. The months and months leading up to the wedding, Deon would check in, keep a pulse on our planning, work with our other vendors (wedding coordinator, specifically), and make himself open and available for questions. AND: he is tremendously organized. He sent us a spreadsheet where we could input the songs we wanted, the genres, the general "vibe" we were going for during each section of the wedding. We could easily add songs for special parts of the wedding (ex. mother-son dance) and also send them to Deon via Spotify. He accepted many ways to receive music, and also payment - which was great. On the day of wedding, he rose to the occasion. He kept us in the loop when needed, integrated with the venue and vendors to elevate the wedding. He was quick to adapt (like changing mother-son dance song length on the fly due to an unforeseen circumstance). When our guests were making requests, Deon asked us, "Is it OK if I take requests from your guests or do you want me to continue with all your songs?" I appreciated that - I told him to take requests and the guests loved it. If you haven't noticed, Deon is just great and you will NOT regret hiring him for your wedding. We honestly felt pricing was great and we got what we paid for. He didn't just play music, he truly made the event special for us. And this is coming from someone (like myself) who is a perfectionist and sweats the small details. Thank you again, Deon and Tru Blu.
    Diana E. Married on 06/12/2021

Awesome!

Deon is FANTASTIC! We felt as if we already knew him. He play our list of song and added some new ones by knowing the crowd and keeping them going. We couldn't ask for a better DJ! Period! Thanks TRU BLU PRODUCTIONS for making our wedding dream come TRU!!
  • Teresa
    Teresa D. Married on 05/24/2021

11/10 would recommend

I was a little worried that hiring a DJ for a super informal wedding reception was a little extravagant, but hiring Deon was easily one of the best decisions I made about the wedding. He's so professional, flexible and easy to communicate with (even when you change your mind 3+ times and need multiple contract updates). He was, hands-down, the easiest vendor I worked with, and made the whole reception run smoothly. He is extremely detail oriented and friendly, and is an awesome MC as well. 10/10 would 1000% recommend Tru Blu Productions for your wedding!
  • Kathy
    Kathy P. Married on 05/01/2021

Fabulous awesome amazing

Deon was a great Dj and I would recommend his bussiness even with covid and restrictions our wedding day at the The Ridge in tahoe was so great with his dj service I will definitely use him again for special events..
    Staci Married on 08/01/2020

A pleasure to work with

Deon was amazing. He helped to make our wedding so special. He helped my vision a reality. Highly recommend!
    Damian S. Married on 04/17/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great and personal experience.

I would absolutely go through Deon again. he helped us keep everything moving seamlessly and was always open t our ideas and combining it to make a truly awesome wedding. I'll never forget it for all the right reasons, thank you Deon!!
  • Frances
    Frances C. Married on 02/29/2020

DJ Deon Rocks!

For our leap-year wedding, we choose DJ Deon from Tru Blu Productions, and we couldn't be happier with our decision. He was awesome throughout the wedding and the wedding planning process. Deon made wedding planning easy, with creating a song chart where we were able to plug in our song choices and designing a timeline for us. Deon took the time to connect with the rest of our vendors to make sure our wedding would run smoothly. We had so many compliments on our music and how great our DJ was throughout the night. DJ Deon kept our wedding rockin' all night. We would highly recommend him to anyone planning a Tahoe wedding or any special event. Thank you Deon!!
  • Robin
    Sammi Married on 09/28/2019

Fabulous DJ

Great DJ with terrific service and professionalism. We had a great time and appreciated all Deon did to help make a our wedding and reception a smashing success!
  • DEBRA
    Debra B. Married on 09/21/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Jay Jetsin did an amazing job.

Jay played are requests and by using our list had an idea of the music we liked and had everone dancing all night long. We had our wedding at our house. When we talked to our neighbors they told us how great the music was and that they were dancing in the street and on their decks. Jay was very profession from his first contact with us to the end of the wedding. Would definitely recommend Jay to family and friends.
  • Brandon
    Brandon W. Married on 09/21/2019

Beyond Expectations

Deon went above and beyond in making sure our wedding was perfect. From the initial booking, to the week leading up to and of course the actual event - can't say enough positive things about how great he was. Deon always took the time to listen to our requests while more importantly, helping guide us through the process. His music catalog and knowledge is ridiculously impressive, and most important - he can READ the crowd. Cant imagine a better DJ and worth every single penny!
    Jessica Married on 09/08/2019

Amazing Experience!

Deon was our DJ at our wedding at The Ridge in Tahoe and he did a phenomenal job! Aside from the special songs I pretty much gave him the green light to do what he thought was best and his song selection was incredible! He definitely can read the crowd and knew exactly what to play and when. Couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Everyone at the wedding had an incredible time and nothing but positive things to say especially regarding the dancing
    Briana W. Married on 08/26/2019

Neon Deon was amazing!

Deon was so great to work with! He’s excellent at what he does and you can tell he takes pride in his work! He made sure our wedding was coordinated and worked very well with our eclectic taste in music, mixing it and making sure everything ran smoothly! From our walks down the aisle to our toasts, to the dancing! Everything was perfect!
    Amber M. Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing DJ

Deon was amazing and we highly recommend him! He is professional, personal, and fun! He is easy to work with and is willing to personalize everything. If you are looking to have a party on the dance floor, then Deon is your guy!
  • Debbie
    Debbie Married on 06/22/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A true professional & an expert at entertainment

I'm a huge worrier, especially in all things related to my wedding. With the wedding in gear, we somehow lost a grasp on time between genuinely celebrating with family and taking pictures, etc.

To reel everything in, Deon did an excellent job keeping the flow of events going - organically, I might add. He was truly proactive and gracious when it came to the little musical quirks we wanted to add to our wedding.

This was the first big celebration I've ever had to plan and Deon was very helpful in guiding me through the "wedding" process. His professionalism and his invaluable sense of the "party flow" really helped unravel one of the best experiences I've ever had.
    Rachelle F. Married on 11/03/2018

Best DJ Ever!

Deon recently DJed for us and he did an amazing job! He chose the perfect music to keep my guests dancing, positive, and lively the whole night. He is exceptionally talented, but also incredibly humble, friendly, and a joy to work with. Best DJ experience I have ever had! Highly recommended!
    Robert J. Married on 10/20/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Tru Blu made sure everyone was dancing non-stop!

Deon DJ'd our wedding and absolutely killed it! He kept everybody dancing, and dancing hard, the whole reception. He was great to work with and tailored the music to our preferences perfectly! I've been to too many weddings where the DJ had 1) crappy equipment, 2) unprofessional behavior, and 3) terrible music choices. Deon has none of those! His sound system is great, he was extremely professional before, during, and after the reception, and his music choices were totally spot on. I take music seriously and was probably the main thing I was worrying about for the reception, but Deon knows how to make people dance and with great music at that! All my friends and family commented on how great Deon was after the reception.
    Anyways, I can't recommend him enough for weddings if you want people to dance the whole time! Thanks so much, Deon, for helping make our wedding the best day of our life!
    RJ and Annie