TRU Beauty Reviews

10 | Vienna, VA

10 Reviews for TRU Beauty

• Jhet and Arnel

Racquel · Married on 05/15/2010

Thank you Thania for making me so beautiful on my wedding day! My experience with you was something I will treasure. You were easy to work with. You know exactly how I envisioned my look. You listened and did more than what I wanted. You were on time and made accomodations to my future in-laws who were not on the schedule. I really appreciate everything you did, from beginning to end. I would really recommend you to every bride! More power to you!

Sent on 08/26/2010

Reaghan · Married on 04/24/2010

Thania at Tru Beauty was so amazing to work with! It's really hard to find someone that does both hair and make-up -- so I really lucked out when I found her because she does both so well! She offers great recommendations and takes all your opinions and concerns into account. I had three bridemaids and she gave each one of them a different/unique style that reflected their personalities! Thania's quality of service and professionalism really exceeded my expectations! Thank you, Thania!!

Sent on 05/12/2010

Jean · Married on 04/24/2010

Thania did an amazing job on my hair and makeup! I had a makeup and hairstyle tiral with her. She was also able to recommend what she thought would look best after giving her a sample of what I wanted...and she couldn't have been more correct!!! :)

She also styled my bridesmaids' hair. She's very quick and efficient. Our guests couldn't stop complimenting me and my bridal party! She's definitely worth the money.

Sent on 05/14/2010

Doan · Married on 04/17/2010

Thania is amazing! She made me beautiful and feel like a true princess on my wedding day. Not only me but she did the makeup and hair for my four bridesmaids as well. She is a true professional and great to work with! P.S. She is great with florals as well! Ask her for more details!

Sent on 07/29/2010

L · Married on 10/03/2009

Thania is an amazing make-up artist and hair stylist. She is a perfectionist and made sure that the make-up and hair style fit my and my bridemaids' personalities and features. My bridesmaids and I were concerned about the heavy feel and look of make-up, but Thania reassured us that the airbrush option will not feel heavy and cake-like. She was absolutely right! I highly recommend going with airbrushing because the make-up feels very light, looks completely natural, and lasts for the entire day! My day started at 5:00am and ended at 12:00am and the make-up stayed on the entire time without fading. In addition to the amazing job with our make-up, Thania made sure that our hair up-dos would last the entire day and would be versatile for our different dresses. Thania was able to create a beautiful hair up-do for me that worked both for the morning ceremony when I had to wear a Vietnamese head dress, and for the evening in my bridal gown. I received so many compliments for my hair up-do! My bridesmaid had short hair, and Thania was able to create an up-do that worked for each of them. My bridesmaids and I have never felt so beautiful and elegant!

Additionally, Thania did an awesome job with my eye lash extensions! I received so many compliments on how natural my eye lash extensions looked. My eye lash extension lasted through my honeymoon that was a month later, and I still continued receiving compliments! Thania's quality of service has really exceeded my expectations!

Because of Thania's awesome job, our wedding pictures are beautiful! I am so happy that I chose Thania's make-up and hair style services!! I highly recommend Thania for your make-up and hair style needs!

Sent on 03/06/2010

Lily · Married on 09/26/2009

Thania at TrueBeauty was such a wonderful makeup artist and did an amazing job on my bridesmaids and I. She listens really well and will take all your opinions and concerns into consideration. If possible, I suggest going with the airbrush option, the added cost is well worth it; the make up feels super light and stays on all day and all night. You will not have to deal with the caky feeling and make up forming lines on your face after you smile too much. I had 6 bridemaids and she gave each of them a different hair style and carefully took all of their features/imperfections into consideration and made each one of them totally beautiful. The girls and I had such a great and fun time just getting ready. Three weeks after the wedding, they are still telling me how great Thania was! Additionally, she also does an awesome job on the eye lash extensions. If you are Asian with short lashes, I definitely recommend you getting them (the long dramatic ones for the wedding). Get them a couple days prior to the wedding, just in case you don't have time to put on makeup prior to the rehearsal dinner (like me); but thanks to the extensions I still got a lot of complements! Thania's quality of service has really exceeded my expectations! Thanks Thania!

Sent on 10/19/2009

Daniella · Married on 05/24/2009

Thania is amazing. During our trial I was very impressed with not only her professionalism but also with the fact that she is a dedicated perfectionist. She worked with me until we were both happy with my look. My hair on my wedding day was so fabulous- I felt so put together and elegant. That plus the fact that Thania fit me in (at almost the last minute) for eyelash extensions ...which meant that not only did not need false eyelashes on my wedding day, my face looked "finished" without a scrap of makeup from the rehearsal dinner all the way through the honeymoon!

Sent on 08/31/2009

Sareh · Married on 01/17/2009

Thania did a wonderful job with my hair at my wedding! She was professional and a joy to work with! I couldn't of been happier with her!

Sent on 08/11/2009

Anne · Married on 10/18/2008

Thania was wonderful. She's professional and really good at her job. It was hard finding someone who could provide hair & makeup services, and someone who's affordable. I felt amazing with my hair and make up done, and my pictures turned out amazing because of her. My bridesmaids were also very pleased. I never once felt rushed, even during our trial run. Overall, I highly recommend Thania.

Sent on 08/11/2009

Emily · Married on 01/02/2010

Thania was great to work with! She did hair and make up for me and three of my bridesmaids. She was able to give them all something a bit different and unique, which I was really pleased with. The trial with her was great, and I was lucky she was still available as I booked her a bit last minute. On the day of, she was a breeze to work with and really put me at ease the entire time I was there that I left stress free to get changed and go to the church!

She does airbrush make up which I was hesitant to do because it cost more, but after she convinced me to try it at the trial, I was sold. I don't wear much make up and don't like wearing it a lot, but with airbrush it feels like you're not wearing any! It's definitely worth the extra cost. I'd recommend her to anyone looking for hair and make up services. She works a lot with Asian hair too, which was a major bonus for me.

Sent on 01/12/2010