85 Reviews for Tropical Focus Photography

We were so happy with everything that Bob did with us on our wedding. The pictures looked great and he was willing to travel all over the island to take different location pictures for us. We had some rain and he was totally prepared for it, brought us an umbrella and even those pictures looked great. I would absolutely recommend him for any and all events you might have.

Profile Picture Janet, 12/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bob was amazing! He took some of the best photos I have ever seen! He is very professional and has great suggestions for photos. Our wedding was captured perfectly!!! You MUST hire Bob! He will
go above and beyond!!
Deena and Larry Hendrix!!

Profile Picture User4214117, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I thought Bob did a very good job. Easy to work with and was able to fit my needs. He works within every budget too, just ask! I would reccomend him for weddings and events!

Profile Picture Julianna, 5/5/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Pictures came out stunning I don't believe there was one bad picture out of 966 pictures !!! Can't wait to use you again !!!

Profile Picture User3476494, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

We had a great experience with Bob, he's professionalism and personality made us feel calm and comfortable in such a hectic day filled with emotions. We will most definitely contract Bob for further events.

Profile Picture Beatrice, 12/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bob was great - professional, kind, and the pictures turned out fantastic! We will be using him in the future for some family portraits.

Profile Picture User3755085, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Did a great job. Can't wait to have photos.

Profile Picture Leeann, 11/30/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Bob did an amazing job shooting our sunset beach wedding! And he was so much fun to work with!

Profile Picture Deanna, 11/23/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Bob was awesome! We planned our wedding in 1.5 months ... So we put a lot of faith that our photographer would be able to take control and get the best pics possible ... and Bob did. He took some great group shots at the church and even drove back to the Tradewinds Resort on St. Pete Beach to get the beautiful sunset shots on the gulf! We will have amazing photos of our wedding to last a lifetime.

Profile Picture Julia, 12/8/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bob Schlesinger was exactly what we were looking for in a photographer for our wedding. We were on a tight budget and he accommodated our needs on our special day. Planning a destination wedding, its hard to know who and what to expect. We not only got great pictures but a person with a wonderful personality who is eager to please the bride and groom!
We were extremely happy with how everything went before, during and after the wedding. Bob is very responsive whenever I had a question or concern, he was very flexible and always had a positive attitude. We would definitely recommend Tropical Focus to anyone looking to capture important memories.

Profile Picture User3012830, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I got married on March 6th in St. John. We researched photographers and decided to go with Bob at Tropical Focus. Boy are we glad we did. He was so helpful right from the beginning. He made our wedding day so special with the beautiful pictures he took. Everyone who has viewed them say they are the most gorgeous pictures they have ever seen. I would highly recommend Bob to anyone needing photopraphy services in St. John. THANKS BOB!

Tracy and Mike Fettig

Profile Picture Tracy, 3/6/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

i found Bob to be very professional and savvy in his field. The only things I think that could have been improved were 2 things:

1. amount of pictures/images for the price (75 JPG's for price we paid I didn't find to be in line)
2. ability to give unedited images taken for price already paid for services.

Profile Picture Jack, 11/11/11, 1 Review
3.1

nice guy, easy to deal with and professional

Profile Picture Pat, 9/2/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bob and his wife were amazing from start to finish! They were accommodating from the very beginning and made the process extremely smooth. They worked so well with our guests that we even invited them to sit and eat for a while at the reception. There may be other vendors with more frills, but don't be fooled. Bob produces an excellent product for a fraction of the costs of the typical photographer in the Virgin Islands. Oh, and he took the ferry ride over from St. John to St. Thomas just to capture our ceremony. Both he and his wife are class acts. When we go back for our 1-year anniversary, we'll definitely look them up. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Latoya, 8/13/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

My finance and I are just finally starting to get back into the groove of the real world after 10 amazing days in St John for our wedding and honeymoon. After reading other great reviews, I e-mailed Bob to check for availability and additional information - from our first e-mail exchanges through to the wedding day, Bob was very quick to respond with helpful insights and clear expectations.
Bob also provided a few recommendations for both music and floral arrangements and both vendors turned out to be as helpful and ultimately as professional as Bob. Throughout the planning process, Bob (and his wife Karin who calmed some of my mom's 'week before the wedding' nerves) was extremely responsive through both e-mail and phone.
During the day of the wedding, Bob came to both of the family villas for pre-pictures, as well as the church, then took us to Hawksnest beach and overlook shots and finally stayed for the reception venue. His professionalism and easy-going nature took over and guided my fiance and I (and family and friends) into beautiful shots that we all can't stop looking at!
Overall, a terrific service by a seasoned vet - great personality, very helpful and again just wonderful pictures.
I would highly recommend Tropical Focus to anyone in the USVI for wedding or family pictures. Thanks again:)

Meredith and Geoff

Profile Picture Meredith, 8/12/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I would highly recommend Tropical Focus Photography to anyone needing this service in the Virgin Islands. Bob was fantastic! He went out of his way to make sure everything went smoothly for us on our wedding day, going so far as to pick us up at our hotel and shuttle us to Cinnamon Bay for our ceremony. When my groom forgot the wedding rings in the car, Bob walked back with him to get them (quite a hike on a hot day in August!) His recommendations for the officiant (Captain Phil) and the florist (Passion Flowers) were spot on. We could not have been more pleased. And the bottom line is our pictures are beautiful!!!

Profile Picture renee, 8/7/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Bob did a great job with photographing our wedding on St. John! We had hired him for the ceremony (on Hawksnest beach) and only an hour of the reception (Asolare)but he stayed on right through the end (at no additional charge!!). Bob was also able to quickly adapt to our non-traditional approach, since we did not want to spend time posing for photos but rather enjoying time with our guests. He was able to capture some really great moments with family and friends, that we will never forget. Bob was a super nice guy to work with and we would certainly recommend him!

Profile Picture Tina, 8/6/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bob was the photographer for our wedding at Hawksnest Beach and the reception at Villa Kalorama on 7/4/11. He did a great job and we would without any hesitation, recommend Tropical Focus as photographers for any event. He was prompt, easy to communicate with, up front about the services he would provide, knowledgeable of the settings and the other people involved in our wedding, and very thorough about making sure our needs were met. In particular, we liked his creativeness and willingness to take shots not ordinarily seen in wedding photos such as shots at overlooks, on the rocks at beaches, at a waterfall, and in local ruins. The overall effect is that now we have great quality and unique photographic memories of our special day.

Profile Picture Quinn, 7/4/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It was a pleasure working with Bob and his wife. Bob also took our engagements photos which were absolutely beautiful! On our wedding day Bob and his wife took lovely pictures and was helpful along the way with whatever we needed or asked for. I am glad that I choose Tropical Focus as my photographer. Highly recommended to anyone that needs a photographer in the Vitgin Islands. 5 stars

Profile Picture Sharissa, 6/25/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bob & Karen made our day sooo special! I could not have imagined having anyone else do the entire photography process. It has been such a pleasure & I highly recommend them! From the planning to the finishing process - they are the BEST!

Profile Picture Amy, 6/17/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Bob and his wife at Tropical Focus were really great at making our wedding day a little less stressful. They asked in advance what color and styles Neil and I were wearing and what kind of personality we wanted our pictures to show. We told them romantic and fun which they totally captured in each and every picture. Also I have to say that I have a really hard time feeling comfortable in front of the camera but Bob made it work. I love how they give you an activity so that you'll look natural and you'll get some amazing shots. Activities such as "hold hands, walk down the beach and every few steps look back at the sand"this was made it look like we were taking a romantic stroll down the beach. They had my husband give me a piggy back down the beach, this was really cute. The ultimate picture was when they had Neil dip me on the beach at sunset.......people have used words like EPIC to describe this picture......needless to say this was our 8X10. Bob made it difficult to pick which pictures I wanted because they were all GREAT!

Thanks again Bob for making our memories last forever!

Profile Picture Christi, 6/17/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bob did a wonderful job for us during our wedding in June. He was able to put a package to gether that met our needs and was very responsive after the shoot. Thanks Bob! We will definately use Tropical Focus again!

Profile Picture Gene, 6/10/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bob was absolutely fantastic! We had some rain, he had some umbrellas, not to mention his sunshine guarantee (30 min free anytime during our stay when the sun comes out!). Bob had a bunch of great suggestions and was also excited to hear all of our ideas. We planned our own wedding and Bob was a tremendous help. He gave us all kinds of input on times and locations, this was very helpful. Bob showed up early, stayed late and was a real pleasure to work with, not to mention our photos look wonderful. Bob is a true professional in every sense of the word and I would highly recommend him. His communication was excellent, answering all of our emails and calls in a very timely fashion. He had our photos (618 pics for an hour session) posted online in less than 24 hours! Bob Schlesinger and Tropical Focus Photography are the best you can get.

Profile Picture Brian, 6/8/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bob is AWESOME! He has a talent for finding the perfect shot and capturing it on camera. If you are looking for a photographer for your special event, I would encourage you to seek Bob's services. I think you will be as pleased with the final results as we are! We look forward to coming back to St. John's and hope to see Bob again. Thanks Bob for all you did to make our wedding memorable!

John and Cheryl

Profile Picture John, 5/26/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

If you're looking for a photographer for your wedding or special event, search no further than Bob Schlesigner and Tropical Focus Photography. From start to finish, Bob made it so easy for my husband and me. We were planning an elopement, and right upon first contact, Bob began making suggestions for venues, possible times of day, and styles of photography we might like. He was extremely responsive by email and phone and was patient with our many, many questions. And that was just before…during our wedding he was fantastic as well. Bob understood what we wanted and captured it perfectly, giving us a wonderful array of formal and casual shots. He came early, stayed late and never once looked at a watch. He even did a few extra shots at two overlooks when we knew we were over time. I asked for beautiful sunsets, and while Bob couldn't provide the actual sunset, he photographed the one we got with stunning clarity. There were several shots where the light was so well depicted that it took my breath away.

As a person, Bob is a pleasure to work with. He's personable and approachable, and while you are clearly dealing with a professional, you also feel like you are working with a friend. Bob and his wife Karin (who does the photo finishing) make a phenomenal team. Karin, like Bob, is super-helpful and responsive. She answered all of our questions about photo finishing, to the point where we now know more about the process than we ever expected. Karin was full of suggestions about places to go on St. John, from restaurants to markets to private chefs on the island! That sort of ‘going beyond’ is what makes Tropical Focus special… because they volunteer so much of themselves, they become more than just your photographers.

My husband and I are in the process of choosing our favorite photos as I write (a tough task), and have no doubt that the finished product will be wonderful. I will probably add an update onto this review once they are done, but for now, one last thank you to Bob and Karin. You were a big part of our magical, once-in-a-lifetime evening, and you will stay a part of it every time we look back on our beautiful photos.

Profile Picture Stacey, 5/25/11, 1 Review