Tropical Destination Management Reviews

Tropical Destination Management 5
Tropical Destination Management 6
Tropical Destination Management 7

Marie · Married on 10/10/2014

Teresa from Tropical Destination Management was a godsend for our wedding! We absolutely feel compelled to write this review to share what a great experience we had for our wedding in Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands. Choosing her as our wedding coordinator was definitely the best decision of all of the decisions we had to make for our wedding. From our first inquiry email to the night before the wedding and afterwards Teresa always promptly responded. We appreciated that all the expenses of each item we wanted for the ceremony and reception were itemized in our correspondence/eventually in the contract as well so we had a good control of our budget. Teresa coordinated everything for our wedding & rehearsal dinner other than the catering and venue which was done by Grace Bay Club and photography that we contracted directly with Brilliant Studios. Since she was in charge of all but 2 contracts it alleviated a lot of stress from us during the planning process and the day of the wedding. There were some last minute decisions that had to be made and she always discussed them with us, made recommendations (which we always took!) and executed them flawlessly. She helped us with putting together welcome bags and procured some fun local goods; plantains, Bambarra Rum etc. and delivered them to our guests at their hotels. One guest was in a completely separate hotel far away and she even went out of her way, literally, to have it delivered there. In the beginning we had our reservations about being able to plan our destination wedding and have it run smoothly and it went great since we were in Teresa's capable hands. She is a professional and really takes care of her clients 200%. If you are looking for a wedding planner that is top notch, will work hard for you and will look out for your best interests, contact Teresa Brunner. We are so happy we did!

Sent on 11/12/2014

Angela · Married on 07/26/2014

My husband and I recently got married in July and we booked Teresa with Tropical Destination Management. Unfortunately our vacation didn't start out well due to lost luggage, villa, etc. However, when Teresa met us at our villa for the first time to sign all our papers; I felt instant relief!!!! She was very professional, asked us what we envisioned and then took it all and made everything fall into place. The day of the wedding she was early, communicated with all the vendors and photographer which allowed us to prepare for our day and not worry about laying everything out. The pastor that married us was absolutely wonderful! My flower bouquets and boutonnieres were fresh and beautiful. I was a bit weary of signing contracts and sending deposits overseas but in the end I was very happy with their services and I definitely would recommend them.

Sent on 08/07/2014

Annie · Married on 06/17/2014

Trying to plan a wedding can be hectic. Trying to plan a wedding from another country in a country that you have never visited is extremely HECTIC! Fortunately, I chose Teresa at Tropical Destination Mgt. Company who helped alleviate so many of my concerns. If I emailed her, she was quick to respond. If I had a question regarding something that she wasn't even handling, she was still quick to respond. I can't imagine having pulled this off without her help.

Sent on 07/14/2014
  • User4220273 · 2+ years ago

Teresa and her team at Tropical DMC were fantastic to deal with, they took care of absolutely everything and provided us and our guests with an unforgettable experience.

Sent on 07/02/2014

My wife and I were married on March 1, 2014 at Royal West Indies Resort. Teresa was incredibly helpful to us in the months leading up to our wedding day. She was a sounding board for us and made herself available to us many times to answer questions for us and help us through difficult decisions. Once we reached the island, she was instrumental in keeping our wedding organized (we had 40 guests at various hotels across the island) and making sure that my bride and I stayed calm and relaxed. We had a weather scare the day of our ceremony and Teresa sprang into action. She had a backup location secured in the event there was rain and made sure that the bride wasn't overwhelmed with worry on her special day. Thankfully, the weather was perfect by the time the ceremony started. Teresa came through for us big time and our wedding ceremony and reception looked incredible and were exactly the way we had in mind. We cannot recommend her services highly enough and we'll definitely be calling her should we decide to renew our vows on the island in a few years.

Sent on 06/30/2014

Adriana · Married on 08/03/2013

When deciding on a wedding planner, The Gansevoort Turks & Caicos highly recommended Teresa, from Tropical DMC. They spoke so highly of Teresa and ranted and raved about her attention to detail and impeccable execution skills. The Gansevoort arranged a call with Teresa and after 10min of speaking to hear, I knew she would be perfect! Throughout the entire process Teresa completely understood my vision and worked her magic with the execution. Not only was Teresa extremely patient (I must of changed my mind 10 times on decor!), she was meticulous, thorough, extremely creative, very attentive to detail and so easy to work with. We were beyond impressed with all the vendor recommendations. Brilliant Photography took amazing photos and truly captured our genuine emotions and special moments. Every custom made detail was crafted with exceptional skill (the signs on the beach, the mirrored table tops, the centerpieces and bouquets).
    Teresa only provided solutions, never challenges that could not be resolved. After living through multiple weddings as a bridesmaid, I realized how much goes wrong the day of the wedding. However the most important thing is how the issues are resolved. Our best man said it best "You can tell the level of professionalism in which Teresa operates by the nature of how she tackles issues". Teresa loves what she does and it is obvious in the end product. Phil & I are forever grateful to Tropical DMC and everyone who played a special role in giving us our fairytale wedding!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Teresa of Tropical Destination Management was our wedding planner for our Turks & Caicos wedding. There are too many positive things to say about Teresa to put into one review, but we'll try! The most important thing to say is that Teresa made our wedding sooooo easy to plan, and the actual wedding day and the events leading up to it were the best, most awesome and fun times, and we couldn't have done it without Teresa.From the moment we started working with Teresa, we knew we had made the right decision. After our initial phone consultation Teresa took off running with organizing all the vendors, decorations, and other planning. Teresa was very sensitive and respectful of our cost consciousness and had creative and sensible ideas about how to keep costs down without sacrificing our vision or fun. Teresa was also very responsive and understanding. She was also very flexible - adding and subtracting items, adjusting the plan or the schedule, and planning two pre-wedding trips - a sunset cruise and 4-hour snorkel - with only about a month to go. Without ever having been to Turks & Caicos or meeting any of our vendors, we knew even before we travelled there that everything would be great because Teresa is the best. And we weren't let down. Teresa is not only so professional and fantastic at what she does, but she's also such a nice, fun, and caring person. The actual wedding was perfect and ran so smoothly! Teresa was so great at organizing everyone without being pushy; she just has such a relaxed yet professional way about her. All of the vendors were awesome and all organized by Teresa. She also met with us in the days following the wedding, and we had the best reminiscing session - that's the kind of personal touch you get with Teresa. In sum, for us, it was the best time ever, but we heard that sentiment from so many guests as well, which is such a testimony to Teresa. We really really could not have put on such a fun wedding weekend without her.

Sent on 07/05/2013

Moira · Married on 06/01/2014

Our wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to Teresa and Tropical Destination Management. We appreciate the flexibility, professionalism and willingness to accommodate our wishes. It was definitely a dream come true for us and a day that we'll always remember!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Tropical Destination Management's reply:

Thank you Kevin and Moira - it was our pleasure to ensure your wedding was everything you imagined it! We at Tropical DMC wish you a lifetime of happiness!
  • User5319460 · 2+ years ago

Theresa Brunner was very responsive and our special evening with all three of my sons and their wives renewing their vows was wonderful. the officiant was so warm and funny. my children enjoyed it so much. I would highly recommend Theresa and her crew.

Sent on 08/05/2015

Christina · Married on 05/31/2016

Teresa Brunner our wedding coordinator was great! My husband and I decided we wanted to have a low stress, low cost wedding. So, we decided to elope! We had never been to Turks and Caicos but heard amazing things. Since we were planning everything from a far, it was very nerve racking since we didn't know what we were getting. Teresa was very flexible and arranged everything for our "Just us" wedding. On the big day, I didn't have to worry about a thing. My bouquet was missing pink flowers that I had requested. Teresa didn't even hesitate when she said she would bring it to the florist and get it fixed quickly! She came back quickly & with my bouquet now perfect! I would highly recommend her & her team =)

Sent on 06/14/2016

Stacey · Married on 05/24/2014

3.5

On the day of the wedding Teresa shined! Everything came together perfectly, she was on top of the ball, and my wedding was amazing because of her! However, it was a little difficult communicating with her over the months while actually planning. It would take a few days to hear back from her and the responses were usually short. The services she provided were also rather pricey. But if you're planning a destination wedding (especially in Turks and Caicos) you can't expect the speediness or the low prices in the United States. Overall, Teresa and her team were more than awesome when it really counted.

Sent on 06/09/2014

2.6
      1.5
      2.5
      3.0

Our wedding was beautiful however there are a few things that could've been done differently (most were minor to us but we believe still worth mentioning). Everything was done by email which is great however it would've been nice to get at least one phone call. We believe as a wedding planner it's important to get to know the couple, their likes and dislikes and also to ask questions that the couple doesn't know to ask, like are you doing your own vows, do you like parasols or the lace on the signing table (we didn't). Assumptions were made. We found she lacked some of that personal touch and the guidance and even the wedding party commented. When we first met it was a very quick meeting, she was in and out, it felt like she was in a hurry. She had a hard time processing our credit card which was frustrating, the machine was either broken or not working properly. Got the feeling she didn't want us to pay by credit card however for us it was for tracking purposes. If it was a bigger wedding we believe it would've been different, just the impression we got. We would still recommend her just do some research on what questions to ask.

Sent on 05/03/2016