Trillium Ceremonies (Melissa Smith, Ph.D.) Reviews

45 | Denver, CO

45 Reviews for Trillium Ceremonies (Melissa Smith, Ph.D.)

1 User photo

Trillium Ceremonies (Melissa Smith, Ph.D.) 1
  • Bryan

Bryan Kelley · Married on 03/17/2019

Mr & Mrs Kelley

Melissa was simply great. From initial contact to the day of our wedding she was so informative and professional. Having a beautiful secular wedding was a must, Melissa made it perfection. Our wedding was out of town on a holiday, she had no problem with that and was on time and made it eveything we wanted. Would recommend her sevices to any couple wanting an amazing ceremony and officiant! Thanks again!

Sent on 04/14/2019

Ashleigh · Married on 09/29/2018

Best. Officiant. Ever!

Melissa and Trillium Ceremonies were more than we could have ever hoped for in an officiant. It is very clear that she does this not for profit, but simply out of her belief in true love and the beauty of marriage. When I spoke with Melissa on the phone, I had already scheduled two appointments to meet with other officiants. As soon as I hung up the phone, I immediately cancelled the appointments as we knew that Melissa was everything we wanted. Throughout the process of writing the ceremony, Melissa was extremely helpful and responsive. She wrote a beautiful, simple ceremony that was exactly what we were looking for, including lots of ideas and suggestions. On the day of our wedding, Melissa delivered the ceremony so beautifully and personally that a couple of guests asked why she didn't stay for the reception, assuming that she was a close family friend. Trust me, you will get more than your money's worth if you chose to work with her. Thank you, Melissa!!!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 07/07/2018

Melissa's officiant service was incredibly professional, supportive, warm, kind and wonderful! She provides lots of ready-made options along with being open to what you would like to add to the ceremony. I received compliments from all my guests on how amazing the ceremony was and several of my guests would love to use her. I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Greg · Married on 05/12/2018

Melissa was a great officiant at our wedding. From setting up the plans over the phone and via email to the day of the actual wedding she was very professional and courteous to our expectations. We made some last minute changes and her response to that was wonderful. She had many different ideas that helped us make our wedding unique and perfect. We would highly recommend Melissa!

Sent on 05/19/2018
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 11/04/2017

Finding my officiant had to be one of the hardest parts of the wedding! Either everyone was wayyy too expensive or they just didn't seem like they would be a good fit after talking with them. After looking for what seemed like forever, I came across Melissa with Trillium Ceremonies. I went onto her website and from the first moment, I felt good about this one. Her ceremony style is catered wholly to your specific wants and needs at a reasonable price. We started working on the ceremony together around August, starting with one section of the ceremony at a time. Melissa would offer suggestions and ideas based upon our personalities and we went back and forth until a section was finalized exactly how I wanted it. She was wonderful to work with and responded quickly with changes to get the ceremony done in a timely fashion. Everyone loved the final piece and there was not a dry eye in the crowd. It was truly incredible. She even printed out our vows for us and mailed in our marriage certificate too! Thank you so much for helping our wedding ceremony feel like a breeze!!

Sent on 11/12/2017
    Trillium Ceremonies (Melissa Smith, Ph.D.) 2

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2017

Melissa was absolutely amazing!!! Always quick to respond and willing to work every single detail of the ceremony until we felt it was perfect!! She arrived early to the venue and had wonderful energy and enthusiasm during the ceremony! Would DEFINITELY recomend her!! She also left the sweetest card for us after she was done. We didn't even realise till we got home and started opening gifts and found her card with a personal note. Absolutely the best! Yes Yes! A hundred times YES! Thanks Melissa!!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Kimberly · Married on 11/26/2016

Melissa exceeded all of our expectations in an officiant. We approached her with a very general outline of our vision for the ceremony and she was able to take our vague ideas and create a perfect ceremony. Melissa could read exactly our desire for a balance between traditional ceremony elements while remaining secular. Because of Melissa's experience and vision, we had exactly the ceremony we desired...and could not have come up with on our own! Not only were we beyond satisfied, but we also received many compliments from guests regarding the beauty of the ceremony. (And she didn't freak out when we forgot our marriage license and had to send a friend to fetch it!) She comes highly recommended!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Amy · Married on 09/17/2016

We are so glad we found Melissa. She was so professional, friendly, and made the whole process go smoothly. The ceremony was short and sweet exactly how we wanted it! Planning a destination wedding is stressful, but having vendors like Melissa really takes the stress off. I would highly recommend Melissa for anyone in the area who is looking for officiant. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/29/2016

Kathleen · Married on 04/30/2016

Melissa was absolutely wonderful! The best part is that we had planned the ceremony with Melissa a few months ahead and we knew exactly what the flow and wording would be like, there were no surprises, which was exactly what we wanted. She guided us gently into what she thought would work best but also took feedback from us and made the perfect ceremony for us.

After the ceremony we received so many comments and compliments about our ceremony and how sweet it was. We also got a lot of feedback that people liked that it wasnt the same old canned ceremony that they had been to many times over but still remained fairly traditional.

We couldn't have asked for more from Melissa and would recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant in Asheville!

Thank you for a wonderful ceremony!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Kathy · Married on 10/31/2015

Melisssa - Jon and I wanted to thank you for officiating our ceremony. Everything went smoothly and meaningful. We thank you for your help and hard work to make a beautiful and very personal ceremony for us. We especially thank you for your patience and for waiting around after the ceremony! -- Kathy & Jon

Sent on 11/16/2015

Angie · Married on 09/26/2015

Words can not describe how wonderful Melissa made our ceremony. It was everything we could have wanted. She took the time to really listen to our needs and create something truely unique and special for us. We would absolutely recommend her!

Sent on 09/30/2015

Meghan · Married on 08/15/2015

Melissa was fantastic. From the very beginning she was thoughtful, personable, professional, and highly organized. She has thought through and prepared for all the details of the ceremony, including the small things that one wouldn't normally consider. Her ceremony is lovely, and we were able to personalize it easily with Melissa's help. She offered considerate suggestions and made sure that we knew how everything would go. There are a lot of things up in the air during wedding planning, but once Melissa had agreed to perform our ceremony, I knew that was one thing I wouldn't have to worry about.

Sent on 09/07/2015

Michela · Married on 07/17/2015

Melissa was so awesome. She always got back to me right away. She was very patient waiting for my responses and she made our ceremony very special. She even provided a witness for us since we wanted a private wedding.

Sent on 01/14/2016

Robert · Married on 06/20/2015

I'm so glad I picked Dr. Smith to be our wedding officiant. She was very flexible and responsive when drafting our ceremony, giving us great advice for elements we weren't sure about during the planning stages. She was easily heard by all the guests even without a microphone despite the outdoor venue, and articulated every word brilliantly and clearly. She was very professional while maintaining a cheerful demeanor, celebrating with us during the recessional, and she flawlessly accommodated a rather tricky time sequence for the recessional and the soundtrack associated with it. Overall, a fantastic choice for an officiant.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Jesi · Married on 05/30/2015

Melissa was such a pleasure to work with. She gave us so many options so and was so accommodating in helping us find the ceremony best suited for our personal beliefs. I couldn't have asked for more, she was very quick with getting back to us whenever we had questions, as we are from Florida and didn't know too much about the city and county requirements. I would absolutely recommend her to friends and family and am so grateful I found the perfect officiant for my big day.

Sent on 06/09/2015

We consider ourselves so lucky to have found Melissa! We were looking for an officiant who would help us create a wedding ceremony unique to us and Melissa more than delivered. She was available and responded promptly in all our communications (we live out of town from where we married in Asheville, NC). She listened to all our rambling thoughts and offered organized, open-minded and nonjudgemental options for us to consider. It was clear, her only agenda was to help us make our ceremony exactly what we wanted. In just a few weeks, we had created a ceremony script that we loved. She was professional but personal with her delivery of the ceremony. She made the logistics easy (license, payment) and showed patient flexibility as our ceremony started late, plus she even wrangled our 2 dogs during pictures after the ceremony :o)
    Our highest recommendation!

Sent on 03/26/2015

Sean · Married on 02/21/2015

We hired Melissa to preside over our wedding after hearing great things. She really came through! We wanted a lot of input in how the ceremony was going to be conducted and the content within. She was very receptive to all our ideas and incredibly helpful filling in the blanks, giving it a natural flow and order. She was very pleasant to work with and surpassed all of our expectations. The big day went perfectly, and the preparation and professionalism of Melissa was evident through out. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for something personal, special, and memorable. Couldn't ask for a better experience. 5 star service.

Sent on 03/12/2015

Catherine · Married on 12/29/2014

Dr. Melissa Smith was wonderful to work with, she helped my husband and I develop a cohesive secular ceremony that was beautiful and meaningful to us. She took elements that we requested (readings, a handfasting ceremony) and suggested other elements that were in line with our style and beliefs. Her execution of the ceremony was flawless, she had a professional yet caring tone and was completely prepared. I cannot imagine a better officiant for our wedding and feel so grateful that Melissa was able to be a part of our wedding ceremony.

Sent on 01/07/2015

Melissa did a fabulous job with our wedding ceremony. She helped us with ideas and sent us a sample ceremony to get us started. She helped us out with research when we were trying to figure out what readings, poems, and elements we wanted to use. She also sent several rough drafts for approval before presenting us with a final copy of the ceremony. Communication was made exclusively by email, and she responded right away to all my messages. We finally got to meet her the day of our wedding, and we arrived late. I felt terrible that she had to wait for us, but she was incredibly reassuring and patient. I had a fear that any officiant we chose would end up looking/sounding mechanical, but that wasn't the case with Melissa at all. In fact, she was quite the opposite. Everyone who attended was impressed with her and thought the ceremony was gorgeous. If you are looking for a great officiant for your wedding, look no further.

Sent on 12/07/2014

Sabrina · Married on 09/20/2014

Melissa was so amazing! She helped us tailor our whole ceremony to fit our personalities perfectly! She was so easy to communicate with and always responded so quickly! We were so lucky to find her!! She truly made our ceremony unique and perfect!

Sent on 12/07/2014

Leah · Married on 08/17/2014

We had the best experience with Melissa. She was extremely helpful in assisting us shape exactly the kind of wedding ceremony we wanted. She is prompt, responsive, kind, and just the kind of person you want to trust with this type of responsibility. It was a joy to work with her and we will always be glad that we chose her to officiate our ceremony!

Sent on 08/21/2014

roberta · Married on 08/16/2014

We are so glad that we chose Melissa to officiate at our wedding. From our first meeting she put us at ease, asking us questions to learn who we were, offered us suggestions for our ceremony and was always available to answer all our questions.The ceremony was absolutely wonderful. Melissa was professional, charming, really personalized our ceremony and engaged with our guests after the ceremony. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 09/22/2014

I had no idea were to start with the wedding ceremony, but Melissa was able to construct the perfect ceremony based on our phone conversation. The ceremony was beautiful and exactly what I wanted. I have no complaints and highly recommend Trillium Ceremonies!

Sent on 08/23/2014

Arnette · Married on 08/02/2014

Such a great person to work with and since I was from out of town she really helped me with a lot. A pleasure to work with, truly made our day very special.

Sent on 08/27/2014
  • Jae

Jeannette · Married on 06/01/2014

I searched for a while for an officiant for my wedding until I came across Melissa. I knew from the moment we met her that she would be the perfect person to marry us. Melissa got to know us and what kind of ceremony we wanted before putting together a unique ceremony. She gave us ideas for things we could do in the ceremony and we ended up having an anniversary box with wine and love letters to open in a year. She also listened to our ideas for readings and helped guide us in how to word a memorial section to my father. She did a perfect job at the wedding and we are so glad she was a part of it. I highly recommend Melissa to any bride and groom!

Sent on 06/19/2014