Triangle Catering Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

1 User photo

Triangle Catering 1

Katie · Married on 04/04/2009

Jeff & his team at Triangle were wonderful to work with. They were very flexible in setting up a tasting to fit into our busy schedule & were flexible in providing meals for a couple guests with special dietary needs. Jeff met with me multiple times throughout the planning process to go over set up, etc. The food was fabulous & his team of servers were great during our reception! Jeff was helpful in organizing the rentals and suggesting a florist (Fleurtation Florist, Also great!).

Sent on 04/11/2009

Terri · Married on 09/20/2008

I have a creative background and Jeff and Michelle - who are also event planners - were very supportive in allowing us (me and my daughter, the bride) to take the lead in determining what we wanted for our 135 guest reception. They made suggestions along the way and everything they did supported our vision. Their team went out of their way to help us execute the reception setup and decorations. When it came to teardown and cleanup, everything was packed and loaded - caterer and us - in less than an hour.

The food they prepared (mashed potato bar, fruit & cheese bar, vegetables, beef carving station and wings) was excellent - it was fun and delicious and the presentation was perfect, as was the waitstaff and service.

Jeff and Michelle were great to work with, easy to get ahold of, responsive and very accommodating. One or both of them were with us during the entire setup, party and cleanup process. They're connected in the field and were able to call in favors to get things taken care of (ie, the right shade of purple gel lights to suit mom).

The party was everything we hoped it would be. I can't say enough good things about how Triangle Catering made it happen for us.

Sent on 10/15/2008

Jennifer · Married on 09/20/2008

Triangle Catering did a fantastic job with the catering and event rentals for my wedding. There is such a variety of food to choose from. We did appetizers and a buffet style dinner with salad, chicken marsala, and steak, with mashed potatoes and vegetables. The food was great! The setup of everything including tables and chairs with all the linens went perfectly with my vision. I was so excited when I got to see everything put together. They did a wonderful job meeting all of my needs and making sure that my wedding day was perfect.

Sent on 01/07/2009

Andrea · Married on 09/13/2008

The food was wonderful! We chose to have a buffet with shrimp scampi and steak plus a mashed potato martini bar. Not only was the buffet food wonderful but the mashed potato bar was such a hit! People were so excited and loved the toppings! Jeff did a wonderful job and was extremely helpful. Thank you Triangle Catering for an A++ job!

Sent on 10/14/2008

Holly · event on 12/07/2013

Robin and her team at Triangle Catering provided exceptional service for our Christmas party. From the first phone call to the actual event, the service was impeccable. HIGHLY recommend this catering company!!

Sent on 01/08/2014

Michael · event on 07/24/2013

Triangle Catering was a great service. They were able to meet all of our company's need on a timely basis. I would recommend to any company needing a private catering event.

Sent on 08/05/2013

Dottie · Married on 07/20/2013

Triangle Catering and its staff provided excellent service for our daughter's wedding. There were approximately 350 guests who attended the reception. Many of the guests have been quick to comment that the wedding was beautiful and that the food was delicious. Guests were served their meals quickly and professionally. We were very happy with the services of Triangle Catering!

Sent on 08/06/2013

Maggie · Married on 08/19/2012

The venue we used gave us a short list of caterers we could select from to use in their space. I met with three different caterers and Michelle at Triangle Catering was by far my favorite. The other two caterers simply handed us the list of options and mentioned lobster ravioli (even when I mentioned I hate seafood). Michelle asked my husband and I several questions about ourselves and showed us lots of pictures of amazing food she had made for other weddings. I loved her fun and sassy personality and just had to work with her. I am so thankful I picked Triangle Catering! Every guest just gushed about the food. Like the title says, our DJ even said it was amazing food. Michelle created the perfect dining experience. If you give her the freedom to be creative she will surprise and delight you!

Sent on 09/07/2012

Erin · Married on 07/17/2010

Jeff and his staff did a fantastic job of catering the reception. The food was delicious from the appetizers to the wonderful meal. The presentation was beautiful. Jeff catered to the bride and groom's needs but kept the event moving smoothly. I would highly recommend Triangle Catering to anyone looking for a catering service for their special event.

Sent on 08/06/2010

Sheila · event on 07/26/2012

The food was fantastic and displayed beautifully. Many people went back for seconds. And, the drink selection was great, too. The flambé dessert was heavenly! It was exactly what we had hoped for when we envisioned our event.

Plus, the whole crew was very attentive but not invasive, plus happy/friendly.

You did an exceptional job cleaning up - leaving nothing behind and even helping with non-food clean up.

You raise the bar with that sort of service! It was worth the price.

And, of course, our catering manager was a pleasure to work with!

The utensils were a little challenging (recycled material in an attempt to go somewhat green), but if that was our only 'issue', that's a complete success in our books!!!

Sent on 08/01/2012

Gladys · Married on 06/12/2010

The food was great!

Sent on 08/06/2010

Rebecca · Married on 04/28/2007

3.0

Jeff was very helpful and even helped coordinate the meeting with our event rental company after hours because my now husband could not get off work before they closed. The food was excellent. The presentation was beautiful and the staff was extremly helpful. We recieved tons of compliments on the food and staff. They were a bit pricey but well worth! I would do it again and highly reccommend them.

Sent on 01/02/2008
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 08/24/2018

3.5

Triangle Catering was the only thing about booking The Cotton Room that was painless. The menus were very flexible, the staff was professional, and the presentation was everything you'd expect. I was worried because the first tasting event we went to didn't seem all that impressive, but the second event was better and had a lot of the foods we wanted to try. It would have been better to have a personal tasting like so many other companies do, but the price is steep. I wish we would have had the chance to talk to someone about our selections and questions though, we weren't even given a catering contact, so we felt like we were really winging it with our choices. One of our selections ended up being wrong on the day-of (mac-n-cheese was not the one we had at the tasting event), but I'm not sure if it was Triangle Catering or The Cotton Room (owned by the same company) at fault because I never got to see any correspondence between them.

For bartending, you do get a personal tasting and it was a blast. Nicole took us through the whole process of wine selections, as well as cocktails and beer too. She had a ton of information and suggestions, and the bartenders we worked with (during our tasting and the actual wedding) were great. We heard all night long that the drinks were strong (almost too strong for some of our guests!!) and delicious. Great job!

Sent on 10/07/2018
    Triangle Catering 2

3.0

I chose Triangle Catering because they clearly care about the quality of food and how it's presented. They did an excellent job with our "station style" food set up for our guests. They got things moving very smoothly and it didn't seem like people had to wait very long to get food. Also, the bride and groom were served first, we didn't even have to get out of our seats, they brought the food to us! I was so excited actually got to eat the food we paid for, as many of my married friends had warned me that they didn't get the opportunity to eat at their weddings. Our guests raved about the food and mini desserts they prepared. My only reason for 4.5 and not a 5/5 for quality of service was that many of the guests had said the servers were clearing their drinks that were still relatively full and food they were hoping to come back and finish. I give them a 3/5 for responsiveness as it can be difficult at times to get in touch with your sales rep or Michelle. Expect an email response about 2-3 days after you send it. I realize they are busy and other events besides mine but I would have preferred they were a little more available to me at least the week of the wedding to help ease my mind. They do have a fabulous sales/event coordinator who does everything she can to track these people down and send emails to them to contact you. They're professionalism is fantastic and they are lovely people to work with, 5/5. I definitely feel like I got my money's worth and so glad to here feedback from guests about how good the food was. I would also have to say they are very flexible and accommodating. I was hoping to do my own centerpieces but didn't feel like my ideas were creative enough. Michelle took some of my inspiration for centerpieces and put together amazing decor. Our venue looked fantastic and she added so many personal touches. I was so impressed with her creativity and how quickly she was able to put together these amazing ideas. Overall great company to work with!

Sent on 09/03/2013

iris · Married on 07/19/2008

I really enjoyed the food it all was really good quality great service

Sent on 07/26/2008

Dana · Married on 10/23/2015

When we booked The Cotton Room, Triangle Catering was our only food and beverage option as they own the venue. That being said, we were not disappointed by our food options. We attended multiple open houses to narrow down our menu. However, we ended up paying for a tasting anyway. We chose options we likely hadn't considered before and our guests raved about how delicious the food was!! We had 110 people so it wasn't a huge wedding but the presentation of the food, and the taste was very good.

Sent on 11/25/2015

Melanie · Married on 06/28/2008

Triangle Catering does a wonderful job. The food presentation is lovely and our guest enjoyed the food. They were also very accommodating to change. Seven days before our second daughter’s wedding (they also catered our oldest daughter’s wedding), the air conditioner in our churches reception hall failed and could not be replaced in time for the reception. We were fortunate that another venue was available. I immediately called Triangle Catering and they reassured me that they would take care of everything. We met with them and they reworked the table and station set-up, changed linen sizes and colors, and canceled table and chair orders. They even arranged to open up the reception hall for the band to deliver their equipment.

Sent on 01/23/2009

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2007

4.2
      3.0

When my chosen caterer went out of business only a month before our wedding, Triangle Catering was our only option. We quickly worked out a plan of action, however on our wedding day, the person who was in charge didn't know what to do. A lot of things got out of order, and at the end of the night they took my decorations! The food was good, but the price was high. I wish I had more time to plan with them, I probably wouldn't have spent so much making my own decorations because they had their own (my previous caterer did not).

Sent on 02/11/2008

Kelly · Married on 10/25/2008

3.6
      3.5

The food was excellent and beautifully arranged at our reception. They were helpful in assisting us to choose filling foods so that we could purchase less, to work within our budget. They were a little slow to respond and the invoice was wrong several times, but it was changed without problem. We felt a bit like we were a burden at times because we weren't spending as much money as they would have liked (or as their clients usually do). Overall though, considering the price of wedding food, it was a great value for the quality of food!

Sent on 12/09/2008

2.6
      2.5

We were blown away by Triangle Catering at the Cotton Room open house and decided to spend almost double our budget to go with them. Everything was great during planning then came our wedding day… if I didn’t know any better, I could have sworn a different catering company showed up. We had a custom dinner and dessert menu that we planned with them. While the food on the buffet was good and we had no major issues, we had several issues with hors d'oeuvres and dessert. Their “Pork Puppies” are meant to be their specialty and they were amazing at the open house. They are supposed to be at least two bites big but ours were definitely one bite and we didn’t get any barbecue sauce. They were dry and disappointing. My guests are now asking me what happened with those since we talked them up so much beforehand. Two of our wedding guests (another engaged couple) came with us to the open house and they were very shocked with the difference.
    Logistics: When my husband and I emailed Michelle and our sales girl with our issues and to let them explain the day after we got back from our honeymoon, we heard no response. Two weeks, three emails, and a phone call later, I finally heard from Michelle. We scheduled a phone call for the next day. She was 15 minutes late calling me and when I asked about my issues, I never once heard an apology, heard many excuses, and then she cut me off and offered to refund some money. I was shocked that they took no responsibility for their poor performance. However, after speaking with several people including other vendor friends of mine, I heard that several other brides have had similar experiences. We also had another engaged couple come with us to the open house and they were very shocked with the difference in the level of quality and service. Overall, I wish we had gone with a different caterer.

Sent on 11/24/2012
  • elm8130

Erin · Married on 10/10/2009

2.2
      2.0
      2.0

This company severly lacks in the communication department. If you email or call expect a week of waiting time for a response. The day of the wedding several things were wrong, things not set up at the right time nor the right place. I spent a good amount of time chasing down the day of coordinator that you pay an arm and a leg for. They even took away peoples wedding cake before they even got to take a bite. I would strongly suggest avoiding this company and going with another caterer. The owner will try to get you to use her new "venue" that she just built, however there are much more affordable places out there.

Sent on 10/28/2009

R · Married on 07/06/2013

0.0

RUN to ROCKY TOP!!! This company seriously lacks in communication and overall business practices. After my planner contact them with the final court, they sent a bill that was double the original amount, and said that they needed almost 40 servers when other caters stated they would only need 20. Days before my wedding, they contacted the rental company I had a contract with and demanded that they add things like, hotboxes, serving trays, bread baskets, etc, totaling almost $700.00 at my expense. What catering company doesn't have the basic tools to work with?! When we questioned them about this they went silent, even though my contact with them said that these items were included. Then, with just four days before my wedding, I received an e-mail from the Owner stating that she was not going to cater my wedding and where should she send my refund. I later found out that the owner cancelled because she was going on vacation and didn't want to be bothered! Thankfully we found another catering company, who came in and saved the day.

Sent on 07/20/2013

Triangle Catering's reply:

We sincerely regret that we were forced to cancel our contract with you for such an important day. Whenever we are faced with such difficult decision, we are careful to consider all factors. Unfortunately, there was no way for us to justify moving forward with securing food and staffing for a wedding that had not been paid for as clearly stated and agreed upon in our contract. We are happy to see that our recommendations to other local caterers worked out well for you, and that the end result was a beautiful wedding that you will remember and celebrate for many years to come.