90 Reviews for Traditions by Anna ~ Bridal Boutique

Bridesmaids (1)
Shoes (1)
Undergarments (1)
90 Traditions by Anna ~ Bridal Boutique Reviews

Everyone at Traditions by Anna was absolutely amazing! Martha was my consultant and she was the absolute best. I had been to several dress stores prior to Traditions and Martha was the first consultant to actually listen to what I was looking for. She also made be feel comfortable going out of my comfort zone and that is how I found my beautiful Matthew Christopher gown! Cali, was also outstanding with ever subsequent visit. I had a very tight schedule to work with and she was able to schedule my fittings around my limited time. I cannot say enough about this wonderful store and the fantastic staff!

Profile Picture Dana, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Callie was absolutely wonderful!! After Kaylee left, Callie stepped in and took over as my consultant and did a terrific job!!
Maria was very patient and wonderful to work with !!

Such a gem of a shop!! Only wish you were closer....as I live in Roanoke! : )

Profile Picture Sue, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Traditions by Anna was great - I worked with Cali often, and she was wonderful. They took great care of me and made sure my dress fit perfectly and that it was clean and beautiful for my wedding and my bridal portraits. They have a great selection and make finding your dress so much fun!!

Profile Picture Avery, 8/26/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Appts. Only, Cleaning, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Jewelry, Veils, Bride

I got my wedding dress at Traditions, and it was such a great experience! From the moment we walked in for our appointment, they were very helpful with their selections and had dresses within my price range. I found my dress there, and just fell in love! They celebrate when you say "Yes to the Dress" :) with a little champagne, and it just makes the moment very special. It was a very pleasurable experience to work with them through alternations, pressing, etc. up until the day I picked up my dress before the wedding.
I highly recommend looking for your wedding dress at Traditions by Anna.

Profile Picture Jamie, 7/15/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Sample Gowns, Appts. Only, Cleaning, Preservation, Bride

Traditions by Anna was the absolute best! Initially I was struggling between two dresses and had a melt down. Martha totally calmed me down and told me to sleep on it and come back tomorrow and try both on again. I did and when I put my dress on for a second time it was perfect and I knew it was the one. They were also there to help envision the changes I wanted made (I had straps put on) and Maria is seriously the best seamstress ever. From start to finish I can’t believe how amazing the experience was. I found the dress of my dreams and felt no pressure during or throughout the process. Would definitely recommend - Martha is amazing! So ask for an appointment with her!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/24/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The staff at Traditions by Anna is so helpful and nice. The way they run it you are only one of a few girls there at a time so you have their attention and I never felt rushed. The selection there is smaller than some places, but even though this was the last store we visited I found some really unique dresses there with design elements I hadn't seen anywhere else. Of the dresses in my initial 7 top considerations, there were 3 from this boutique that I kept thinking back to because they had unique looks. My salesgirl, Kaylee, never overpowered our opinions but helped my mom and I think through the highlights of each dress (highlighted my slim areas, accentuated my bust, was a better match for my beach wedding, etc). She helped us chose my gown which was sooo right for me in every way! The shop makes everything seamless by having a tailor they consult with who did my alterations, stuffing the gown with supports so its wrinkle-free and crisp for the day of, and the they have a cleaning service they consult with who is doing the cleaning and preservation of my dress currently. At this time in your life when you already have enough decisions to make and vendors to chose, these seamless services were so helpful and they all did good work.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/13/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Appts. Only, Cleaning, Preservation, Trunk Shows, Bride, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns

I couldn't have asked for a better situation for choosing my bridal gown. Martha and the entire team at Traditions by Anna were superb, friendly, and engaged in my wedding gown process. They were VERY flexible with my situation and made me feel like a queen. The dress was gorgeous and alterations were done well. Very friendly, very professional.

Profile Picture Julia, 5/5/17, 16 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Appts. Only, Trunk Shows

Everything about my experience at Anna’s was fantastic. Martha helped every step of the way and it was always a pleasure to go into the boutique. They made what could’ve been a stressful decision easy, fun, and beautiful.

Photo
Profile Picture Julia, 5/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Our experience at Traditions by Anna was absolutely wonderful. Martha was so helpful and patient with us. She truly made choosing my daughter's wedding dress an experience I will treasure forever. Thank you!!!!

Profile Picture Linda, 11/26/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Exceptional service and amazing gowns! This store is recommended for ladies who are looking for a high-end, up-scale store with designer gowns. This is for a bride-to-be without a budget. Wonderful location, great parking. Usually can only try on gowns with an appointment.

Profile Picture User7453177, 1+ year ago, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Appts. Only, Bride, Bridal Gowns

TBA was great and dedicated to my happiness from moment one. They have an amazing selection! Martha helped me to find the perfect dress. Anna made sure everything ran smoothly throughout the entire process. Maria and Callie were super helpful and accommodating throughout the alterations process to ensure a perfect fit and worked with my difficult schedule. I was so happy with my purchase and felt great as a result on my wedding day!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/29/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Appts. Only, Trunk Shows, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Veils
2.9

I had a not so great experience at this bridal salon. I made an appointment and was told that there were not very many dresses within my budget (one short wall under 3000). My MOH and I were looking through the (very small) selection of both dresses in and out of my budget and found a few dresses that were okay, but nothing caught my eye (Not the salon's fault). They only had one size of each dress, and all of which were very small. I am about a size 16 or 18 in a wedding dress. Some of the dresses were sample size and I couldnt even fit them over my head. My consultant did not even try to pull any dresses for me that I may like or if they did have any larger dresses-that would fit. The only time she asked me what I was looking for was at the start of the appointment where she wrote down on a piece of paper what I was looking for. When I tried the dresses on, she did not ask me how I felt. She merely assisted in attempting to strap me in to a dress. I was completely on my own at this shop. Honestly, I felt as if I did not belong there because I didn't fit into their small gowns. As a new bride, I don't know what I'm looking for and I needed guidance. Also, my consultant constantly stepped on the dresses and tried to force them to the point I could hear some stitches rip. When I told her I wanted her to zip, unzip, etc because I was worried I would harm the dress, she simply replied "Oh you can't harm these things". I was very surprised that she didn't treat these dresses tenderly. Overall I had a poor experience here and I would not recommend this shop.

Profile Picture Amy, 10/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Traditions by Anna is a beautiful store with great service! Martha is fantastic and went above and beyond to help me in a situations! She is awesome to work with and I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Brittainy, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)
2.8

Martha at Traditions sold me my gown, and she was perfect and a joy to work with. When it came to alterations though, I ran into some trouble. Maria, who does the alterations, is also perfect. However, the staff coordinating the alterations left so much to be desired. I was told I was not allowed to have alterations appointments on weekends, despite living nearly 3 hours from the shop and working a very intense job that does not allow time off. When I came to my second fitting, I overheard the staff readily made accommodations for another bride to have a Saturday fitting, and such an inconsistency in service was quite irritating. At that same fitting, the associate made negative comments to another bride about my dress while I was in it, remarking that "that train is certainly the craziest we've ever sold." I could not believe the lack of professionalism. Finally, at my third fitting, I had to wait over an hour for my appointment despite being timely myself, and a bride with an appointment behind mine was pulled in first. When I asked why, they told me just to wait a few more minutes rather than offering an explanation or consolation. Apparently the delay was due to a massive mistake made with another bride's dress. Thankfully I was completely satisfied with my gown, but very dissatisfied with the service.

Profile Picture Alexandria, 10/8/16, 12 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Traditions by Anna is the first place and only place I looked and bought my wedding dress. I was able to book my appointment and get in on a Saturday morning which was perfect. The staff was super welcoming and Martha worked with me on picking out dresses to try on. She got me in dresses I never would have imagined myself in. She made it such a fun and seamless process. After about 10 or so dresses, I found the one. Everyone clapped and said congrats and we even got champagne after. What I love about Traditions, besides everything, is that they hold on to the dress in store once it arrives and will hold it there until your wedding day. It is so nice to not have to worry about taking it home and risk getting it ruined.

I just went in for my look and see appointment. I was able to try it on before alterations, which was great because it had been so long since I had seen my dress! I will be scheduling an alteration appointment in July and will definitely have their seamstress alter it. They have been so wonderful about everything else, why would I take it to someone else? (which is another great thing - they don't pressure you to have them alter it. If you want someone else to do it, you can.)

I would recommend Traditions by Anna to any future bride to be. One more great thing - for me at least - is their new locations is walking distance from my house. Can we say, winning. I think so.

Profile Picture ashleigh, 9/9/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Appts. Only, Bridal Gowns, Bride

I had the most amazing experience with Traditions by Anna. This was the first store I went to and I ended up buying the first dress I tried on! It was the perfect one. Long story short, I ended up moving to MD from NC and had to find someone else for alterations. One lady went bankrupt and had started taking in my dress, and the second person I took it to completely botched the alterations! I emailed Martha in tears about how my beautiful Romona Keveza dress now looked like something cheap I bought from China. Martha was so accommodating and got me in touch with Cali and Maria. Let me tell you, Maria is truly a miracle worker. She turned my botched dress into one that fit me like a glove. She saved my life! Cali is also great to work with! She won't let you leave until you're completely satisfied with the end result. From buying my dress to getting it altered, they are amazing!!!! Even though I moved, I would definitely buy my dress there again (I probably would just travel and have used them for alterations from the start though if I could go back in time) !!!

Profile Picture Angel, 8/20/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Gowns, Undergarments, Appts. Only, Trunk Shows

Positives: The boutique is really cute and because it's relatively small, it's a more personal and relaxing experience. I worked with Susan recently to get my gown. I had a comparatively low budget for the store, and I was able to find my gown on sample sale. Their dresses are just beautiful, and Susan was very sweet and helpful during the process. I am so excited to be getting my dream dress at an affordable price point!! I will write another review after I've had the dress altered.

Negatives: I gave this store a 4 in flexibility because they won't allow pictures, even for sample dresses, which I think is kind of silly. It may be a designer thing, and not a store thing, but either way it was off-putting and made it unnecessarily difficult with out-of-town family. Given the ease of finding dresses on the internet, regardless of knowing the exact design, I believe this is an outdated practice that does little for the designer and only makes it a lose-lose situation for the store and the client. To be honest - the only reason I really came back was that they were the only store with my dream dress. Another note to consider is that you have pay up front for their sample dresses - they won't do a payment plan. That being said, Susan did everything within her power to help me out and I am a happy customer. :)

Profile Picture User4773904, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Buying my (amazing!) wedding dress from Tditions By Anna was one of the best decisions that was made for our wedding. They were incredible helpful, professional, and the alterations made by Cali were perfection! Thank you!

Profile Picture Hannah, 6/11/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a wonderful experience at Traditions by Anna. Upon arrival, I was warmly greeted by Martha, who was helping me find the perfect wedding dress. I felt like I received great customer service and attention, and it really felt like my consultant was there to make my vision come true. At first I had kind of a stricter idea of what style dress I wanted, but Martha took the time to not only give me exactly what I was looking for, but also open me up to other styles that I originally wouldn't have thought would have looked good on me or that I would have liked. I was absolutely in love with every gown I tried on, all of which were beautiful and excellent quality. I ended up finding my dream dress, and couldn't have asked for a better experience! I felt very welcomed and comfortable, and would highly recommend this boutique. Thank you again Martha for helping make my dream come true!!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 5/28/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Great staff, great service, and great tailor! They made the experience of trying on gowns glamorous (Thanks Martha)! And going through the fittings process was painless. I was an out-of-state bride, and they worked with me to arrange fitting times outside of their normal fitting hours - without their flexibility (especially their incredible seamstress Maria) it would have been so stressful, but Traditions is truly a great bridal salon to work with!

Profile Picture Lisa, 5/22/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Appts. Only, Cleaning, Preservation, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Veils, Bride
4.2

I found Traditions after my sister and several relatives bought their dresses there. I sat through many sessions and felt sure it was the place to go when I chose my dress. My shopping experience went very well and Allison was fantastic. We actually found my dress and veil in one visit! Everything was AMAZING until alterations. Just a disclaimer, they say that their alterations gal is not an employee but a separate company. My dress arrived and was a bit large, so they said they measured it and then took it up-they took it up 5" too much! and didn't ever try to zip it with my bra on, so 2 days before my BRIDAL PORTRAITS I had to go back to Raleigh with my dress I'd picked up the day before and they not only had to let it out, but add a panel just to make it fit, then it was too big again. Finally they got the sizing right in the top, but the alterations gal lost my belt and forgot my bra. Finally it came down to hemming it. I showed her where I wanted the length (I'm 6'3, so length is something I'm really finnicky about) and it looked correct until, I tried it on and she cut off TOO MUCH! Needless to say, I picked my dress up and brought it home to a local seamstress who fixed all of the mistakes this seamstress made (best decision ever). On a positive note, Traditions was extremely kind and helpful in rectifying the mistakes and reimbursing us back for the alterations (which were extremely expensive (approximatley 3x more than my local seamstress would've charged,and they charged me for the extra fabric and work caused by the seamstress' mistakes) and I can't thank them enough. Overall, would I recommend buying a dress from Traditions? ABSOLUTELY! I had a great experience and am thankful for their A+ customer service. Would I recommend their seamstress? Absolutely NOT! Please, take your dress elsewhere. You'll save time, strife, and lots of money.

Profile Picture User5548495, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Wonderful place to look for your wedding dress! I cannot say enough about how fantastic my experience has been at TBA! My fiance and I got engaged and immediately decided that we wanted a very short engagement so I knew I needed to find my dress right away. And we were planning on leaving town within a few days for the upcoming holiday break. TBA was very understanding and got me in right away. After trying on several with Martha, I found "the one" and knew I didn't need to look anywhere else. We were able to stay on track with our plans of a just over 4 month engagement AND I will get to wear the dress of my dreams! I get to return this week to start the fittings and alterations and am so excited! They have made everything so special for me and are by far the easiest vendor to work with thus far!

Profile Picture Allison, 4/9/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Appts. Only, Bride, Bridal Gowns, Veils

This is the only place you need to go to get a wedding dress. From the first appointment, they made me feel like a princess. The seamstresses are really talented as well. Everyone is so friendly and truly made me feel special. I would go there again if I had to do it again!

Profile Picture Anna, 4/2/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Shoes, Veils, Bride, Appts. Only, Cleaning, Preservation, Sample Sales, Trunk Shows

I had a great experience at Traditions by Anna from the initial appointment to the final fitting. I worked with Martha who was wonderful in helping me find my beautiful Romona Keveza gown. I then worked with Allison to set up alterations. She was very quick to reply and answer any questions. My one advice would be to agree to an alterations price and try not to exceed that. We were very surprised with how much that ended up being. Also, make sure you are very clear on what you want altered. Their seamstress does not speak very good English.

Profile Picture Ashley, 1/9/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Gowns, Appts. Only, Trunk Shows

When you work in the wedding industry while you're planning your own wedding, you run the risk of getting jaded by everything wedding-related - which is what happened to me - until Allison at TBA helped me find my dream dress!

I think Allison could tell that I wasn't really 'into' the whole dress finding thing - so instead of selling me a dress - she helped me find one. It was truly like having an unbiased friend with me as I picked out my dress. Never once did I feel pressured for a sale, or disregarded because of budget. Although I tried on quite a few gorgeous, unique gowns, I couldn't have been more in love with the dress that I chose!

Perhaps what I loved most about working with Traditions was that they invited you in to try YOUR dress on once it arrived in the store - I'm not sure if this is unique to TBA, but I know it's not a common practice. Having the chance to actually get in the dress once it arrives - outside of alterations - was very reassuring and exciting to me!

Shopping for a wedding dress can be stressful - but Traditions and Allison made it a piece of cake! I would highly recommend TBA to anyone looking for a gorgeous dress and a stress-free experience. Thanks y'all!

Profile Picture Kate, 12/5/15, 4 Reviews