Tradewinds Island Resorts Reviews

101 | Saint Petersburg, FL

101 Reviews for Tradewinds Island Resorts

Christine · Married on 05/20/2012

Tradewinds was a great place to have our wedding. We have a lot of family that live out of state and were looking for a venue that would allow our guests to create their own family vacation in conjunction with celebrating our marriage. The Tradewinds offered everything from children activities, romantic dinners to late night fun, everyone enjoyed themselves! The staff were so courteous and attentive to all of the guests needs. Although there were multiple events going on the weekend and day of my wedding, I still felt as if I was the main event. My only recommendation to Tradewinds is investing into either purchasing a steamer or collaborating with a good dry cleaning/alterations/bridal shop for brides who may need to have their dress steamed.

Sent on 05/29/2012

Jennifer · Married on 02/25/2012

I cannot say enough nice things about Tradewinds. They went above and beyond to make our wedding day a day to remember. We had a location change the day of the wedding due to weather and they were responsive and pulled everything together perfectly. The food was excellent and every member of the staff was so kind and helpful. Amazing experience!

Sent on 03/20/2012

Christy · Married on 10/09/2010

We were treated like royalty the minute we drove up. Free valet parking, free champagne and strawberries in our room, we got free drinks everywhere….everywhere we walked they just asked us what they could do for us. The staff was invaluable at the reception when my DOC was getting nervous about setting everything up in time. Renee was my contact and was always very responsive, understanding and helpful. We came for a tasting many months before our wedding date. We were so nervous about the food because we didn't really have a great experience and ended up changing the entire menu. It was AMAZING! Every filet mignon was cooked wonderfully. The food was outstanding. I was so happy we chose them.

My only little complaints would be about the rooms. Most all of them come with 2 double beds and you can't get a king size almost ever. Our honeymoon suite didn't even have a king size bed. Also we had quite a few drunk wedding crashers because our reception was outside next to the pool. We had some crashers come steal cupcakes. It would be nice if they had some extra security next to the adult pool.

Sent on 10/26/2010

Katie · Married on 07/09/2010

TradeWinds was absolutely amazing! Besides being huge and gorgeous I was never once bored or having to look for something to do. We had my wedding and a huge family reunion the same weekend and Tradewinds was extremely accomodating and a perfect venue for both events. I would absolutely recommend this resort to anyone looking for a venue for any type of event and I will definately be going back here for future vacations!

Sent on 07/19/2010
  • Ellen

Ellen · Married on 02/20/2009

The TradeWinds Island Resort far exceeded my expectations for the wedding!!! We had the classy wedding of our dreams on a budget! Our friends and family still can't stop commenting on how this was the best wedding they've ever been too. Renee was so professional and very accomodating to any need we had. You can tell that they are known for thier events...everything was flawless. Being this was a destination wedding, it was important to us to pick a location where our friends and family would feel like they were on "vacation" and not just at a wedding. The TradeWinds has something for everyone. Tons of restaurants and beach bars! They provide cabana's on the beach, an adult only heated pool, paddleboat rides, beach volleyball and much more! We stayed there for five days leading up to the wedding and the staff treated us like royalty. They offer many locations for ceremony and reception. They also have many different options on the menu for you to choose. The food and service was outstanding. They truely made our day so special and we were able to "let go" of all the details and enjoy our day!

Sent on 03/14/2009

Teresa · Married on 12/28/2017

We had our cocktail hour and reception at the TradeWinds last month and it was absolutely amazing! We were so pleased with how everything turned out. The cocktail hour was outside on the lawn with a view of the beach and the sunset, which was perfect. Maria in particular was incredibly helpful and patient with my countless questions in the months preceding the wedding and I can't thank her enough. Our guests raved at the food afterwards, many commenting that it was the best meal they have had at a wedding. We were even able to meet with the head chef Matthew O. beforehand and had a private consultation with him where he listened to our requests. Everyone from the wait staff, valets, and the assigned day of coordinator were so great to work with. I would definitely recommend them for your upcoming wedding.

Sent on 01/21/2018

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

Thank you Teresa for the great review! It was a pleasure working with you on your Special Day! :)

Molly · Married on 03/07/2015

Julie and Maria and their staff at the Trade Winds Island Grand made our day the more special than I could have dreamed of. They provided Lisa of Exquisite Events to coordinate the event. I planned a wedding for 45 people from San Diego and everything went flawlessly! The food was delicious, the decor was fantastic, and the staff professional, timely, and friendly! Everyone kept telling us that of all the beach weddings they had been to, ours was the best! They provided a list of vendors that all turned out to be a huge success. My only complaint is that they make you financially responsible for any hotel rooms in your block that don't sell (if the hotel doesn't sell out). I was reassured all year long that they would sell out, but when they didn't, we were almost stuck with $3,000 in unused hotel rooms. They required our guests to honor the 2 night minimum, many of which didn't want to pay that much. We ended up giving away some rooms to some of our local guests. Julie did work with me, though, and arranged it so that we didn't have to pay for any attrition. Would like to have not had that issue, but at least Julie helped lessen the blow. All in all, a beautiful venue and one I would highly recommend!

Sent on 03/31/2015

TradeWinds was a fantastic venue! The setting for the ceremony on the beach and reception on the South Lawn were exactly what we wanted for our perfect day! We also had our rehearsal dinner at Pirate Cove and the fire pit and tiki laterns were a great addition. Everything was customizable, and Julie Manes was wonderful through the entire planning process. She kept us up to date on everything and worked with us on the menu, bar selection, ceremony features, etc. I would recommend the TradeWinds to anyone looking to get married in the St. Pete area.

Sent on 12/11/2013

Thank you!

Magali · Married on 09/21/2013

The Rivera/McDaniel wedding was a complete amazing exceptional experience. Family, Friends and guests were so impressed with everything from the location to the service staff and the food "Phenomenal." A large part of those attending plan to make Tradewinds Island Resorts a permanent vacation spot. Ms. Julie Maness was wonderful. From beginning to end she let me and my family feel we were a priority and all would be well taken care of. She delivered. I can not express how grateful we are to Julie, Ms Ashley, The wonderful Chefs and the staff. Thank you thank you for making my little girls dream wedding a reality. Oh I almost forgot, the gentleman in charge of the Flying Bridge restaurant, he was so nice and attentive we had to recommend to all to dine there. Thank you Julie- I will never forget how awesome everything was.

Sent on 10/02/2013

Julie · Married on 06/07/2013

Awesome! Food and service were top notch, we couldn't have asked for anything more. Even a tropical storm couldn't put a damper on our festivities

Sent on 06/24/2013

Krista · Married on 03/23/2013

The property was beautiful as always! The staff was terriffic and Julie Manes was wonderful! She really made everything extra special for us. The banquet servers were terrific. Had one minor hiccup but nothing that ruined the night :-)

Sent on 03/30/2013

Andrew · Married on 01/12/2013

Where to start, I am the Father of the Bride, our 3rd daughter to be married, so I do have some experience . Every aspect of the wedding planning , the hotels services and the event met the highest level of standards and service that we could have asked for and the value we could have expected. We used virtually all of the services of the hotel, the valets, the restaurants, the hair salon, the beach and resort facilities, the wedding planning facilities and many, many individual members of the staff in different capacities. All of the staff performed exceptionally well. The wedding planning was extensive and handled exceptionally well, more details than could have possibility been imagined were carried out flawlessly. Even the doormen handled the “Mission Critical” assignments, transporting my wife’s gown and my daughter’s bridal gown perfectly! Julie Manes, our amazing wedding sales manager, was accessible by phone, email and in person before the event, right up to the event and the day of. She handled all of the large and small details that were necessary to provide such a flawless ceremony, cocktail reception and dinner. The food and service were exceptional. All of the hors d’oeuvres and service during the reception and dinner were exactly as we had asked for, hoped for and expected. Our dinners came our warm and prepared as asked for, some of the best banquet food we have ever eaten. The preparation team had to set up the wedding Pavilion in a very short period of time and turned it into exactly the "Vision" my daughter and wife had pictured. The entire facilitating of my daughter’s wedding weekend was above and beyond our expectations. I wholeheartedly recommend the Tradewinds.

Sent on 01/30/2013

Jessica · Married on 06/05/2012

We had a small ceremony on the back at Tradewinds and it was beautiful but a little pricey. We had to pay $300 for renting 15 chairs for the beach. They say that it includes a back up of indoor space but for a small party $300 was kinda pricey for beach. Still was a beautiful location would not trade it.

Sent on 07/02/2012
  • Kacie

Kacie Buchanan · Married on 06/29/2019

Beautiful Destination Beach Wedding

Starting out our wedding planning we knew we would have to have a destination wedding with both families living in different states, and being in the middle of a move out to Washington State. Let me say how lucky were we to have found the Tradewinds! My husband and I love the beach so FL was our plan from the beginning, and with St Pete being close to the Tampa airport it was very easy for guests to book flights and arrive with ease.
    Throughout the planning process we dealt with Maria, who is an absolute gem! She was beyond accommodating, was very prompt answering emails and calls, and was always there with back up plans and suggestions when we hit some bumps in the road.
    The resort itself is beautiful, with a fantastic and spacious beach, multiple (delicious) restaurants and bars on property, pools, and endless other activities. If you happen to decide to venture outside of the resort it is located on a great strip that includes countless other activities, restaurants, and bars.
    We decided to have our ceremony on the South Beach, with a cocktail hour in the courtyard ( which was moved earlier in the day to a covered portico because of potential rain) and our reception in their large “Pavilion” which is an enclosed air conditioned tent. We LOVED all of the different sites, and our guests did as well! They were spotless, comfortable, and looked great in pictures!
    We also loved that our guests (120 of them!) could chose to book through the resort, or someplace nearby!
    Overall we absolutely loved the TW resorts, they were beautiful, the staff were helpful and kind, and our guests all had an amazing time! I would confidently recommend them to anyone planning a long distance wedding!

Sent on 07/20/2019

Kacie,
    Thank you for such a great review! It was such a pleasure working with you, Anthony, and your families on your Special Day!!! :)

Lauren · Married on 05/05/2018

I recently had my destination wedding & honeymoon here! Everything & everyone were beyond amazing! Julie made it so easy planning a wedding from half way across the country! Our wedding package came with wedding coordinating services from Exquisite Events, Casey was great!!! Once we got there everyone felt at home (only better!) Bob was great by the pool, checking on us to make sure we were enjoying ourselves! I could not have asked for anything more perfect! Food & drinks were great everywhere within the Island Grand and down at the Outpost! My guests loved the resort & were very impressed! My family had a blast and so did we! We will be back soon!!! If you are in search of a wedding venue or a great vacation, LOOK NO FURTHER!

Sent on 05/15/2018

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

Thanks Lauren! It was our pleasure!

The facility, staff, and wedding coordinator were fantastic! We had a wonderful experience overall. Beware of overpriced alcohol for events and many hidden "service fees" on EVERYTHING.

Sent on 02/04/2016

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

I am sorry you felt there were "hidden" costs. That is one of my pet peeves for that not to happen. Please let me know what happened and email me at jmanes@twresort.com. I would really appreciate your explanation on this so it doesn't happen again!

Christopher · Married on 10/18/2015

Where do I start?

Julie Manes team and tradewinds were absolutely wonderful planning our wedding with over 150 guests coming from NY. It was the wedding we dreamed of when putting it all together. She is wonderful to deal with and tradewinds was just beautiful. what a great venue. We made a weekend spectacular out of our wedding with memories that will last a lifetime. Julie truly became a friend through this process. IThank you isnt enough but thank you from the bottom of my heart Julie!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Peter · Married on 07/25/2015

Our wedding at the Tradewinds Island Grand was perfect - my wife is hindu, and we live in NYC, so there were all kinds of moving parts and complications, but everything came together smoothly thanks to Julie and her team. We also hired wedding coordinators separately (although following Julie's recommendation) and they were able to work with the Tradewinds staff to get everything arranged for us. The setting is beautiful, the staff was all friendly and helpful, and all our guests had a great time. The Tradewinds even happened to have an Indian cook on staff, and the food was top notch!

Thanks for everything, Julie!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

Thanks Peter it was our pleasure!

Kim · Married on 02/28/2015

One stop shopping. Had rehearsal on the patio of area of their excellent Palm court restaurant . Ceremony next day. Initially planned 3 distinct parts of resort for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Had to go to back up plan because of weather . They handled it beautifully. Our 150+ guests raved about the wedding. The food was terrific , large portions . Best part of all was the amazing staff from the bellman and valets, to servers , and even housekeeping . Accommodations were terrific. Handled our children and elderly handicapped family members with great care.

Sent on 03/10/2015

Meaghan · Married on 08/01/2014

Everyone at the Tradwinds was professional and helpful from day 1, starting from the top all the way to the bottom. Julie Manes is wonderful and made sure everything was perfect for our special day. I would recommend the Tradewinds to anyone looking to have a dream wedding. The location, staff and food were all excellent. Our guests have been to many weddings and said that if was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Thank you to Julie and all staff.

Sent on 08/15/2014

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

Thanks Meg!! You and Marc were a delight to work with!! Hope to see you again soon.

Jamie · Married on 10/18/2013

TradeWinds Island Grand is an amazing venue in every way! Julie made us feel comfortable right away. Every email/call was responded to timely. I couldn't decide on 2 options, asked her, she suggested the cheaper so I appreciated her guidance and felt she had my best interest in mind it wasn't all business. Our guests loved TW it was a true vacation for non-Floridians. Games/activities at pool for kids and bar crawls/spa for adults! I do NOT recommend the nail salon!! Kids enjoyed the slide almost as much as our drunk guests! Julie called me morning of the wedding and told me to call if I need anything, then she text me few hours later to check on me. She's so sweet and more help than the planner I hired! Cocktail hour was on Breck Deck everyone said how nice it was watching the sunset before heading into Pavillion tent for reception. Jen handled the reception and many told me she was so nice, helpful and worked her butt off- thanks, Jen!! The food was delish (filet, sea bass, and chkn marsala)! Got compliments from the few vegetarians so that dish must have been good, too. We had many with food allergies and they assured me all was good! TW has Beef O Brady's so when reception ended we moved down the hall- nice to continue party without going offsite. Bellhops took gifts/supplies to room so we didn't have to. If honeymoon suite isn't booked they may upgrade you! I have to say it's worth the money to have a wedding at a resort where you don't have to worry about travel/guests needing rental cars, you can pop into your room at anytime. Everything we needed was right there it was so convenient and made a stressful event much more relaxing for everyone. Our guests continue to talk about the beautiful sunsets and the great accommodations at TW. Thank you Julie, thank you Jen, and thank you TradeWinds, for all your hard work which made for an unforgettable week and a wedding we always dreamed of. We are already looking forward to a staycation for our anniversary.

Sent on 02/26/2014

Lori · Married on 05/11/2013

The Tradewinds did an absolutely wonderful job!! Our ceremony was on the "breck deck," which is a gorgeous location to have a wedding. It also has the advantage of having the beach in the background without everyone having to walk in sand. All of the staff at the resort is incredibly friendly including our wedding planner Julie, the bar tenders at our event, and all the staff in the restaurants. The food is fantastic and we got raving feedback from all our guest.

Sent on 06/07/2013

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

Thank you Lori! You were a wonderful Bride :)

Daneen · Married on 10/08/2016

We celebrated our son's recent marriage with a fabulous party weekend a the Tradewinds Resort. The resort offers a wide variety of venues restaurants, bars, inside and outside overlooking the beautiful beach setting. The Breck Deck South was just perfect for our Sunset Cocktails, Buffet Dinner and Dancing. The general staff was excellent from the moment we arrived on Friday--friendly, welcoming and attentive. But most of all we give kudos to Julie Manes who coordinated accommodations, gift bags, menus etc. etc. Our wish was her command and she responded to all of our requests cheerfully and competently. She was an absolute delight to work with. Our chef, servers, with Jennifer at the helm at the event had everything running smoothly and our guests were complementary about the food and drink. Our
    Farewell Breakfast at Bermudas Restaurant was great. Luann our server made sure we were all well taken care of and the food was delicious and everyone especially enjoyed those omelets! We highly recommend this venue not only for weddings but also for special family events which include children/grandchildren as there are so many activities and amenities for the little ones. Thank You All for making our celebration so special!

was delicious and everyone loved the omelets

Sent on 10/19/2016

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

Dareen it was a pleasure working with you and Jim! Keep in touch.

Jennifer · Married on 04/06/2013

We married at the Trade Winds on April 6th 2013 . We first decided on this venue because after visiting almost all the beach resorts on st pete beach this was the best as far as the quality of the hotel & the value. Julie made it super easy. We were married on the beach & had our reception in the main ballroom. They were great about setting everything up & we were able to use the ballroom the night before to get all of our things together (place cards, candy buffet) They were very accommodating to anything we needed. We had our rehearsal dinner there as well outside around the fire pit & it was BEAUTIFUL & private. It got a little chilly at night and they even gave my little nieces Trade Winds sweatshirts. So sweet!! The food was great, the staff was very friendly. We lost the flower girl basket & last minute they made one for me. I will say the size of the resort is very large which can make things a little difficult. We lost several things after my wedding including cameras, my wedding shoes, my sand ceremony kit and no one seemed to find them. I would recommend still having an extra helper besides Julie she is too busy. The resort DOES have a lot of weddings, but I never felt I was just another bride. We went over on the time (having too much fun) about an hour & they never said anything. Id recommend this venue to my friends.

Sent on 05/14/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/30/2010

The Tradewinds Island Grande was a perfect place to have our wedding. It is a sprawling space that has several different areas for you to have your ceremony. They have space to have the ceremony inside or outside. They also have a lot of space for receptions, and the spaces vary in size to accommodate your wedding guests.
    Tradewinds caters the event as well and they have several different packages that you can choose from that range in price. Everything was absolutely delish!!

For our wedding, we had our ceremony out on the Breck Deck. We had about 150 guests and the space was wonderful. We wanted to have the ceremony outside but not on the sand because the wedding was more formal. The space had beautiful tile flooring and it looked out on the water and sunset!!
    For the cocktail hour we were in the Portico which is an elegant space right in front of the pavilion. It was set up with appetizers and cocktails. The guests could chat with each other and had great high cocktail tables to use.
    The reception was inside the pavilion which is a beautiful space! It really comes alive with your vision!
    You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 11/16/2010