Tradewinds Island Resorts Reviews

101 | Saint Petersburg, FL

101 Reviews for Tradewinds Island Resorts

David · Married on 09/18/2014

I planned my wedding all the way from Spain and I researched and compared all resorts along the gulf coast for the perfect place. My wedding was an informal intimate one on the beach with 35 guests. My wife and I wanted that picturesque beach wedding with white chairs, roses, a pergola and the sunset in the background and the Tradewinds more than delivered. I was a little nervous about planning a wedding from the other side of the Atlantic but when I called and spoke with the amazing Julie Manes I knew I was in good hands. I was able to tell immediately that I was speaking with a professional by the way she answered my questions without hesitation and even explained some things that I hadn't even thought of. For seven months along with their collaborators at Exquisite Events, Julie managed our invoicing, dinner plans, payments, and pretty much anything we needed she never took longer than 24 hours to get us a response. I essentially planned the entire wedding from my computer thanks to Julie's knowledge and hard work. The day of the wedding we were lucky enough to have great weather. From our room we were able to see the wedding preparations which started early in the morning. When the time finally arrived Julie came and personally drove my wife and her parents in a little golf cart to our wedding spot on the beach where I was waiting for them. After the wedding we had a cockatil hour in which Art was our bartender and he was delightful. When we went inside for the reception it was Lilly who coordinated everything. Lilly was so sweet and charming along with Aziz they made sure we had everything we needed. At the end of the night my family was so impressed with every aspect of the wedding. I wish I could take credit for it but in all honesty it was the great team at Exquisite Events, Julie's expertise, Art's charm, and Lilly and Aziz's attentiveness which made everything run so smoothly. Thank you! - David and Sara from Spain

Sent on 10/01/2014

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

David, Thank you! It was our pleasure....

Danielle · Married on 08/09/2014

The TradeWinds is an absolutely beautiful location to have a wedding! Our ceremony was on the deck overlooking the water and reception in a gorgeously decorated Pavilion. Everything was perfect and all of the staff is helpful and kind! They catered to all of our large family and wedding party needs from start to finish. Their Wedding Coordinator is wonderful, Julie Manes, we cant thank you enough! Because of her our wedding was perfect! We will be back soon to visit for sure!
    ~The Hendrick Family

Sent on 08/18/2014

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

Thank you Danielle! You were wonderful!

Tradewinds Resort was the perfect place for our beach wedding. They truly made our day perfect and Julie was amazing!

Sent on 07/01/2014
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 04/27/2014

I just got married at the Tradewinds a couple weeks ago and it was perfect. The staff did a great job, the food was amazing and Julie was with me every step of the way. Julie did a great job of answering all my questions and reassuring me with all of my concerns and made sure everything was handled like she promised. Thank you!! All of my family commented on what a great venue we chose. They have something at the resort for every age. My family came from all over and they were all able to stay for a long weekend and make it a fun family vacation. I could not have asked for a better venue and venue staff. Dominique from Exquisite Events, provided by the Tradewinds, was my day of coordinator and she was fabulous. She had safety pins when my bustle broke, club soda when someone stepped on my dress and it left a mark and she made sure all my guest were where they were suppose to be so that I could enjoy my day. Thank you to all those who made it wonderful. I will definitely recommend you.

Sent on 05/22/2014

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

It was our pleasure..thanks Sarah!
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 03/23/2014

We got married in March at the TradeWinds Island Grand Resort. It couldn't have turned out better. The beach was such a beautiful backdrop for our ceremony. Our reception was held inside. The food is absolutely amazing! We had filet mignon, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and ceasar salad. Everyone of our guests ate their entire plate.

Leading up to the wedding we worked with Julie-the wedding coordinator. She is absolutely fantastic. She is flexible and will get you want you want to make your wedding day perfect. She responds quickly to emails, too!

All the decorations were set up for us the day of thanks to the day-of-coordinator that the TradeWinds provided.

If you're looking for a place to have a beautiful beach wedding, amazing food, and an incredible coordinator, look no further! TradeWinds is the place for you!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Thank you Natalie!! It was my pleasure

Todd & Connie · Married on 03/09/2014

The best customer service around!! Julie you are the best!!

Sent on 03/22/2014

thank you!

They are the best resort in the area. They are always on the spot to take care of all of your needs.

Sent on 02/10/2014

We just got married at TradeWinds on New Years Eve. Were from Indianapolis, so planning from a far had the potential to be difficult. However, every experience with Julie and the TradeWinds staff couldnt have been more positive. We had our welcome dinner, ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all the TradeWinds. Everything was just as we expected and more. I would highly recommend the TradeWinds as a wedding venue. Our guests are still raving about their experience! :)

Sent on 01/15/2014

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

Thank you ...it was my pleasure!

Sharan · Married on 12/15/2013

Julie Manes worked with me and my budget and I had a fabulous wedding! Any thing I need or asked was done no problem. The staff at the TradeWinds is the happiest, most accommodating staff I have ever seen. I loved every aspect of the process & the food was amazing. 5 star all the way. The ceremony on the beach and outdoor cocktail reception was beautiful and flawless. My friends have told me that the food at my wedding was the best they have ever had. If you have a dream of a beach wedding, call Julie at the TradeWinds and she will make your dream come true on any budget. Thank you Julie, my husband and I are very proud of our wedding and will be spending our anniversary every year with you guys. I hope Shelley is at the lobby bar-she kept me sane and hydrated during our whole wedding weekend!-Sharan Richardson

Sent on 01/21/2014

Alyssa · Married on 10/26/2013

Lots of different options to choose from.. From the ceremony to the reception I chose a beach ceremony at sunset and reception in the pavilion it was beautiful!! The good was awesome!!!!!!!!

Sent on 11/09/2013

Thank you Alyssa!

We were very happy with the service the tradewinds provided! The food was excellent the Pavillion was very clean and looked great all decorated for the reception! The beach was beautiful and we lucked out with the best weather for a wedding on the beach!!

Sent on 11/15/2013

Barbara · Married on 10/26/2013

Everything was perfect except for the reservations department for our reserved block. We had multiple people comment to us that they had to stay at a different hotel because they were told that there were no rooms available yet when I checked with Julie Manes there would be rooms available. My sense is that you lost patronage due to your reservations department.

Sent on 11/22/2013

Carrianne & Dana · Married on 10/19/2013

Julie M and all the Staff at TradeWinds Island Resort were wonderful during the wedding planning process. From the first day we met Julie, she was very welcoming, showed us all the venue options and listened to all our questions; if she did not have the answer, she would found it and got back with us! Once we signed the contract, she helped us every step of the way. She took the time to get to know us and helped make recommendations she though we would like; from food options to venue set up she was spot on. They were very accommodating with EVERY special request we had. Our big day turned out to be EXACTLY the way we dreamed of, if not better and we owe it all to Julie and her staff. The food from the cocktail hour to the dinner tasted perfect and we got nothing but complements from our guests about it! The partnership between the banquet staff and our vendors was great as well! We loved our experience we had with Julie and all the Staff at TradeWinds Island Resort!

Sent on 11/17/2013

Tradewinds Island Resorts's reply:

WOW...thank you Carrianne...I miss you guys!!

Julie · Married on 08/17/2013

Our daughter just got married at the Tradewinds Island Grand and it was such an amazing experience . It is a beautiful resort but what sold us on having our daughters reception there was Julie. She was the most attentive and caring wedding coordinator . Other coordinators from different venues didn't come close . From day 1 she was quick to respond, answer any questions, give suggestions, calm nerves and was available 24/7. I can't thank her enough for all she did for us.!
    The food was delicious ! The chef, wait staff bartenders were superb. Everyone from the front desk to concierge to bell hops were awesome! Talk to Julie and have your wedding at the Tradewinds!!

Sent on 08/19/2013

kathy · Married on 08/10/2013

My Son got married on the beach, on August 10, 2013 everything was wonderful. From Julie Manes, to Tanya Williams to all the women from the coordinating team got us and our party of 155 people organized,moved from the beach to cocktails, to reception to the end. It could not have been any better, except as the MOG i had to kick out 3 young ladies during the reception who where crashing the party. Not the fault of Trade Winds. The one thing that I would have like to see improve is the "hotel checkin process" Bridal parties should have priority over any other check in, but that would be the only thing. It Was a blast!!! Well worth the cost . Thanks again , Julie, Tanya, Ashley and Hassaain(rest. manger).. Kathy from Cleveland,

Sent on 08/18/2013

Marybrooke · Married on 06/16/2013

I worked with Julie at Tradewinds, she was awesome in helping me plan my destination wedding. She was available to answer questions through email and phone. She gave my all the recommendations for cake, rehearsal, and Officiant. Everything went so smooth from start to finish. Thank you Julie for making my dream come true!

Sent on 07/24/2013

Jessica · Married on 04/27/2013

We had the best experience here. Alana Owens, the wedding coordinator, was superb... always responsive and helpful, she really made everything turn out fabulous! A lot of our guests were from out of town and stayed at the resort and everyone had a great time and commented on what a nice resort it is. We will definitely be going back for our first anniversary!

Sent on 05/21/2013

Suzy · Married on 04/06/2013

The TradeWinds was a perfect setting for my daughter's beach wedding! The wedding coordinator, Julie Manes, is one of the most friendliest, down to earth people I have ever met. No problem seemed to be too big nor small to her. She worked with us the whole year in planning and when it came to our big weekend she went above and beyond in helping us. In fact, the whole TradeWinds staff are wonderful. It is a family run resort and the human touch is there. From the friendly car attendants, the concierge, the pullman, the day and night managers, (Tom the night manager was so very helpful and friendly when we were putting our table favors out),the serving staff, ect. I would highly recommend the TradeWinds to provide not only a beautiful setting for a wedding, but a friendly, helpful place that you can have utmost confidence in.~Suzy Cochrane (M.O.B)

Sent on 04/10/2013

Amy · Married on 02/23/2013

We had out wedding at The Tradewinds Island Grand Resort! We absolutely loved it! We has our rehearsal dinner at the Bermudas restaurant on site, it was great! We had our ceremony and reception there they did a great job all of our guest loved the location.. everyone had a great time!

Julie is their coordinator! She was fabulous! I felt completely comfortable with her! She made everything so easy! : )

Sent on 06/11/2013

My son was recently married at the Tradewinds Island Resorts. We were very pleased with the planning, the ceremony, and the wedding reception. The only issue we had was some rain, but Julie Manes, the wedding coordinator, quickly got us set up in a very nice indoor area. Julie was very helpful and professional when planning the wedding. Her easy-going manner quickly put us at ease. Equally helpful was Tanya Williams, the manager of Bermudas restaurant where we held the reception. Tanya was very helpful in planning the wedding dinner by communicating quickly through calls and emails. The food and service at Bermudas was excellent. The rain let up and we were able to take pictures outside, and the beach made a wonderful background to our pictures. I highly recommend the Tradewinds Island Resorts!

Sent on 02/19/2013

We just had a wedding reception this weekend in "the Pavillon" at the Tradewinds. The setting was beautiful, the staff was helpful, Jule Manes, the event coordinator, made everything one of the easiest events i have ever been involved in. There was not one thing i would have changed and i want to thank The Tradewinds for making this such a great wedding!

Sent on 01/21/2013

Jody · Married on 01/12/2013

Julie Manes, as our wedding coordinator, and the rest of the staff at The Tradewinds were incredible. Their attention to detail was very evident during the entire evening. The ambiance, food and timing of the event was perfect. During the year of planning, and the many meetings we had with Julie, gave us a comfort level that this would be a night to remember for my daughter, her husband and all our family and guests. All our expectations were met and exceeded. I recommend the Tradewinds wholeheartedly.

Sent on 12/11/2013

Thank you Jody!!!

Geneva · Married on 11/03/2012

Our wedding at the Tradewinds exceeded everything I had ever imagined. It is a truly beautful spot with an amazing staff. The food, service, and atmosphere are fantastic. They really are wedding experts.

Sent on 11/09/2012

Joy · Married on 10/27/2012

WOW!!!!!! WHAT A GREAT BIG THANK YOU TO THE TRADEWINDS AND STAFF! WE HAD THE BEST TIME, THE BEST ACCOMMODATIONS! EVERYTHING WAS WAY PAST MY EXPECTATIONS! MY DAUGHTERS WEDDING WAS FANTASTIC!
    From the beginning of all the preparations, to the very end of having to leave (which I did not!) Julie and all of the staff at the Tradewinds were so accommodating, gracious, delightful, helpful and pleasant! I have planned many parties, etc. but this one could not have gone more smoothly. The organization, help, information and expertise of your staff was truly helpful and efficient! From the moment I arrived on Wednesday to the time I left on Monday, I could not have been more relaxed about all of the set up and chaos that I know was going on, but yet I was not involved because you and your staff are so well trained!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING THIS SUCH A MEMORABLE AND WELCOMING EXPERIENCE! Tradewinds is the best Wedding Venue imaginable!

Sent on 01/30/2013

Trista · Married on 10/06/2012

The staff at the trsdewinds did a wonderful job. Sally was right on time with everything exactly as needed. We loved everything they did. Thank you so much trsdewinds!!!

Sent on 10/11/2012