Tracy French ~ Destination Wedding Specialist Reviews

67 | Cancun, MX

67 Reviews for Tracy French ~ Destination Wedding Specialist

Kristin · Married on 07/12/2013

Tracy and the TFC team are wonderful. From day one, she helps you come up with a timeline and makes the overwhelming seem less daunting. Tracy makes you feel comfortable and gives you honest advice and opinions, which is what every bride and groom look for! My wedding was truly a dream and it would not have been possible without Tracy and her team. Every detail was exactly how I had dreamed it up to be and I was not stressed one bit on my wedding day because I had nothing to worry about. Tracy did all the worrying for me and made sure everything was how it should be! The extra expense is definitely worth it!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Tracy French ~ Destination Wedding Specialist's reply:

Thank you Kristin for your sweet review of my wedding planning services for your destination wedding!

Ariele · Married on 06/29/2013

My name is Ariele and I recently was married at the Dominion Country Club in San Antonio, TX in June of 2013. Tracy French, with The French Connection, was our coordinator and I cannot even begin to express how wonderful she is.

To begin, I do not have any family here in San Antonio, and was enrolled full-time in my last semester of graduate school, doing an internship, while also volunteering in the 9 months leading up to our wedding. Needless to say, planning a wedding wasn't something that was going to be easy (if at all possible) for me to do alone.

Finding a wedding coordinator wasn't something I had imagined ever wanting or needing, but I recognized that doing it alone would be more than I could handle. So, I did some research for wedding coordinators in the area and came across Tracy's name. I read numerous reviews and found that she was very highly regarded among vendors and clients alike. I also contacted some friends who had recently used other wedding coordinators in the area and found that they would not recommend any of the ones they had used. Although I would have loved to use a wedding coordinator that someone I knew personally recommended to me, that was not an option. After meeting with Tracy, I knew she had the energy and expertise I was looking for in a wedding coordinator--we booked her for our wedding on the day of our consultation with her.

In general, Tracy was very professional, organized, intuitive, and all around pleasant to work with. In the weeks leading up to wedding I did very little and let Tracy takeover--she always provided me with the need-to-know info, and didn't bombard me with trivial details, which made the process stress-free and enjoyable. By the day of our wedding, I was so confident in Tracy's abilities that I didn't care or stress about not being able to get cell phone reception from our hotel room! Anyway, our wedding itself was flawless (if there was a hitch, we never knew it). Big thanks to Tracy!

Sent on 08/12/2013

Tracy French ~ Destination Wedding Specialist's reply:

Thank you so much Ariele!!!! Your wedding was truly lovely.

Annlyn · Married on 04/06/2013

Working with Tracy and her team was wonderful. There were a ton of meetings and lots of information that sometimes felt overwhelming but in the end, because of all the hard work, our wedding day was perfect. Every little detail had been thought of and executed professionally.

Sent on 07/31/2013

Tracy French ~ Destination Wedding Specialist's reply:

Thank you so much Annlyn! It was a pleasure working with you and your mom to make your day come to fruition.

Marylou · Married on 03/05/2016

Tracy and her staff provided excellent professional service in helping us with invitations for my daughter's upcoming wedding. She was so helpful with suggestions and ideas which made the process seamless. I am so greatful I was able to work with the French Connection and look forward to again in the future.

Sent on 03/27/2015

Tracy French ~ Destination Wedding Specialist's reply:

Thank you Marylou for your kind review of our Invitation services. It was a pleasure working with you too.

I ordered my wedding invitations from the French Connection. My invitations were probably what I have spent the most time on during wedding planning. I couldn't find what I wanted after spending hours and hours browsing online and going into stationer shops. I found the invitation I wanted and worked with Tracy on it. It originally was sold on a much thicker paper stock than I needed or wanted. Tracy helped me find the perfect one. I've now sent my cards out and am getting my RSVPs returned along with many compliments on my invitations...they set the tone for the rest of the wedding!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Tracy French ~ Destination Wedding Specialist's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you Chris and I am thrilled that we were able to help you find the perfect invites for your wedding!

Richard · Married on 09/05/2015

Tracy and her crew willingly took on our destination wedding in Fredericksburg Texas for our Hill Country-meets-South-Beach themed weekend. What she couldn't find locally, she imported from San Antonio and the crowning achievement came day of the weekend when we didn't have to worry about anything, it was all handled seamlessly.

Sent on 06/19/2017

Tracy French ~ Destination Wedding Specialist's reply:

Thank you Richard for you very nice review! We had a great time working with you and Greg on your wedding in Texas!!

Claire · Married on 06/13/2015

Tracy was wonderful! At the beginning of our ceremony it began to rain. Tracy stayed calm, cool, and collected and saved the day! The ceremony was moved inside quickly and was BEAUTIFUL.

Sent on 07/17/2015

Tracy French ~ Destination Wedding Specialist's reply:

ahhh that was a day! We were happy to be apart of it. Thank you Claire!

Mackenzie · Married on 06/21/2014

My husband and I both have very busy schedules which made wedding planning a little more than hectic at times. We teamed up with TFC only a few months before the wedding and had very little done. Tracy and her team helped get everything in order & put my mind at ease. From the invitations, programs, flowers, wedding day timeline, rehearsal, etc... the French Connection Events did it all! On the wedding day, I didn't have to think about a thing, I was able to just enjoy the moment. They are there every step of the process if you need them, a great group to work with! I just wish we would have teamed up with them sooner!!! I would definitely recommend The French Connection Events for any bride. Tracy, Amber and Katie were amazing.

Sent on 01/28/2016

Tracy French ~ Destination Wedding Specialist's reply:

Thank you so much Mackenzie!

Delayna · Married on 11/10/2007

I had my hair and make up done through The French Connection. She did an amazing job with my make up. It can be a little pricey, but it was worth it. The quality of the make-up and her ability to know which colors match up with your hair and skin tone are the reasons I would recommend them as a vendor.

Sent on 10/04/2008

Tracy French ~ Destination Wedding Specialist's reply:

Thank you!! I am thrilled that our Hair/Makeup services worked out for you.

Robyn · Married on 05/06/2016

I found Tracy French online - her proposal seemed fair and inclusive so I chose her as my planner. Overall, Tracy was a tremendous contributor to the success of our special day. I believe in both praise and food for thought for other brides choosing a planner, so I'm providing a bit of both:
    1) Tracy is very well connected in the San Antonio wedding community. She has relationships with preferred vendors, whom in a few cases gave me preferred pricing. I will ALWAYS be grateful to Tracy for finding my photographer, videographer, caterer, cake artist, and rentals company.

2) Tracy is very organized (as any excellent planner should be). Each of our planning sessions were productive and to the point. I felt at ease knowing we had combed through the details together and she would ensure there was nothing I was forgetting.

3) As part of her package, Tracy's team managed the venue decor set up and take down. They did an AMAZING job. I have been to many weddings when the family is tasked with cleaning up after the event ends - not a fan. My family was able to enjoy the full wedding as Tracy's team had it covered.

A few items to note:
    1) Tracy's services are best suited for a bride with an expansive budget. I spent a little over $40,000 on my wedding and was regularly reminded that I was a 'budget bride'. I did not take this personally, I know Tracy was only trying to help me make good choices with my budget, but this is an important point when choosing a planner.

2) Tracy has in house vendors to choose from - very affordable but less information up front about their skills/background. We chose our DJ through Tracy and he was very well priced, but mediocre at best. This is nothing against Tracy personally - she offers these options to brides when they want to allocate more dollars to other things.

Bottom line: Tracy and her team and wonderful. I would absolutely recommend her again. There is something tremendous to be said for a planner whose reputation surp

Sent on 10/22/2016
  • Shalece

Shalece G. · Married on 06/27/2019

Professionalism

My husband and I had our destination wedding in Punta Cana, DR. Words can not express how fantastic Tracy French and The French Connection team are. Tracy is very detail oriented, thorough and professional. During the process of our wedding planning, from the beginning to the end, we had some in between minor issues with some of the vendors from the resort. Tracy was on top of it right away, making sure all issues were resolved in a reasonable time manner. Tracy paid attention to every detail I desired. She is very knowledgeable and experienced with the work she does. Tracy offered wonderful suggestions, listening to my ideas and providing ideas for me and my husband as well. Tracy made sure my wedding was everything I ever wanted....my dream wedding come true!
    Thank you again for all your hard work Tracy French!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Tracy French ~ Destination Wedding Specialist's reply:

I very much enjoyed working with you and Roy!! You both were great to work with. I will miss our calls.

Adam · Married on 04/21/2017

Tracy & her team (Christina, etc.) were lovely to work with and patient during bridezilla moments, and assertive with other vendors when they needed to be. They went above & beyond at numerous pivotal points, and on top of it all, they were just lovely and funny and a pleasure to be working with, throughout. Only regret is crossing paths w/them too late in the planning process -- if I could do over, I'd hire them for a full Planner scope, not just Day-Of.

Sent on 04/25/2017

Tracy French ~ Destination Wedding Specialist's reply:

Thank you Adam and Branden! We had a wonderful time working with you both!!

Leah · Married on 07/23/2016

Great recommendation by our Destination Wedding Planner in Mexico. Couldn't be happier! It made all of the transportation and booking extremely easy for all my guests. You'd being doing a disservice to yourself by NOT using The French Connections Event and TFC Travel.

Sent on 08/03/2016

Tracy French ~ Destination Wedding Specialist's reply:

Ahhhh Thank you Leah and TJ!! Let's go back!!!

Hana · Married on 04/30/2016

3.5

The French Connection Events were great to work with, they were very flexible and accommodating to our schedule, though do only work on the weekdays in regards to face to face meetings. They were very professional as well and very responsive, usually by email. The aesthetic of the wedding was exactly how I imagined it. She recommended a great photographer, venue and caterer. However, there were some details that could have been better taken care of, for example, our out of country invitations were returned to us as they did not have enough postage. There was a wedding custom that we did not know about that she did not mention to us (probably because she assumed we knew to invite the wedding priest to our reception but we did not know this and ended up inviting him last minute--she did have our guest list and seating arrangement though and should have seen that he was not on it). And finally, during the wedding reception, our families were not all present for the cake cutting ceremony --I personally think that it should have been her responsibility (she also had several helpers with her during our reception) to make sure that they were there before that happened. She did help us out in a pinch at the reception by getting more alcohol for us as we thought we were running low, so that was great.

Sent on 10/22/2016

Tracy French ~ Destination Wedding Specialist's reply:

Thank you Hana for your review. And thank you to Charles for his sweet recognition of our hard work during the toast!! Your wedding was absolutely gorgeous, you had the perfect weather and all things at the wedding went off perfectly for your outdoor reception. The priest being invited is a personal choice of the bride and groom. The post office did tell us the postage and hate that we are just now learning a couple of invites were returned. All guests were lead inside to the dance room at the same time for the toast and cake cutting but we are sorry if some didn't go in with the others. Thank you again as we value your feedback.

Stacy · Married on 04/05/2014

Tracy was very helpful in answering all of my questions and responding to my emails very quickly. The wedding invitations were truly beautiful and exactly what I wanted. They were also finished within a tight deadline that I requested.

Sent on 02/17/2014

Tracy French ~ Destination Wedding Specialist's reply:

Thank you so much Stacy! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your gorgeous invitations!!!

Tracy did a great job bringing the vision of our wedding to life. She recommended the best vendors who would be able to execute our vision as well. She also took care of the disasters that occurred the day of and allowed the two of us to enjoy our day. She was always willing to stick around a little later to wrap up our monthly meetings at her office. We would definitely recommend Tracy for our friends special events in the future.

Sent on 06/01/2014

Tracy French ~ Destination Wedding Specialist's reply:

Thank you so much guys! It was a pleasure working with you both!!

Arch · Married on 05/25/2014

The planning and execution of all logistics was excellent. Always upbeat and ready with solutions to every challenge. The reason I gave four stars is that in my opinion nobody is perfect. Tracy is close.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Tracy French ~ Destination Wedding Specialist's reply:

Well thank you so very much for your review Arch! I had a great time planning your daughter's wedding!!