Towne Transport/Annapolis Trolley Reviews

66 | Annapolis, MD

66 Reviews for Towne Transport/Annapolis Trolley

Megan · Married on 08/01/2015

Elizabeth and Jennifer were a great addition to our wedding vendor team. We used coaches and a trolley for wedding party transportation and for guest transportation. They were always on time, friendly, and flexible as little things changed throughout our wedding day. Jennifer was at the hotel to ensure things went smoothly in loading guests and gave her cell phone number in case there were any emergencies. We changed our contract a few times and Elizabeth and Jennifer were SOOO accommodating ensuring things went smoothly and as we requested. Highly recommended! Also the shuttles make it very easy for guests to get on USNA if that is where your ceremony is being held.

Sent on 08/07/2015

Very flexible. Gave honest advice to meet my needs.

Sent on 06/04/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/01/2011

Towne Transport was easy to work with. They were very flexible when plans changed last minute. It was more expensive than I was expecting, but they were on time and provided an excellent service for our guests.

Sent on 11/06/2011

Devon · Married on 05/16/2015

We hired Towne Transport for our rehearsal dinner shuttle, bridal party shuttle, and guest shuttle buses. Jennifer answered all of my questions, was a joy to work with, and even showed up to our hotel both days to make sure we all got on our shuttle on time. I really felt like things were under control, which I so appreciated. I will likely use Towne Transport again in the future as we had such a great experience!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Brooke · Married on 11/03/2012

3.0

The drives and vehicles were great the day of our wedding! They were professional and on time - got all of our guests to/from the hotels and venue with no problems.

We had some issues with responsiveness during the pre-planning process. Intially, during the contract stage we had great contact and flexiblity. But, come a month out from the wedding, we had difficulty reaching our contact and finalizing details.

In the end, they were a great vendor for the value!

Sent on 01/12/2013

Andrea · Married on 10/02/2010

4.2
      3.0

We had buses to transport everyone to our wedding location and that went very smoothly. The only thing that didn't go according to plan was the limo service. He took us to the wedding (separately), but then immediately had to leave right after the wedding because he had another wedding later on. We had signed a contract saying that we could have the limo for as long as we needed...we had a credit card on file for additional charges, as well. Somewhere things got mixed up! Otherwise, it was a great company!

Sent on 10/23/2010

Towne Transport/Annapolis Trolley's reply:

The Limo company was a separate vendor company from Towne Transport.

Ally · Married on 05/05/2012

3.0

Overall we felt that Towne Transport did a great job. Jennifer was easy to work with and very flexible. The only issue was that we made a schedule change that did not get communicated to the driver for the night of the rehearsal dinner, but the driver was happy to rearrange the plans once we reviewed it with him. Otherwise everything went well, our guests were happy, and everybody made it to their destination safely.

Sent on 05/27/2012
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 07/16/2016

2.0

If you're having a wedding ceremony in Downtown Annapolis, you have GOT to rent a trolley from Towne Transport! Having our trolley was a major convenience that I can't imagine doing without! First it transported the groom, groom's parents, one of our photographers, and all 8 of our groomsmen from the Governor Calvert House to the Naval Academy Chapel. Then it returned and picked up the bride (me), my parents, all 8 bridesmaids, and our second photographer to the chapel. Riding a trolley through historic Annapolis on your wedding day, while listening to "Going to the Chapel" through the stereo was such a fun, exciting, and priceless experience! It will be a memory that will last a lifetime! I am so glad that we made the choice to rent with Towne Transport! Our driver was super nice and very punctual too!
    Now as you'll see from my rating, I gave a lower score when it comes to Responsiveness. Towards the end of my engagement, the wedding contact Elizabeth's responsiveness decreased dramatically. I called on May 5th, and told her I wanted to rent the trolley for 2 more hours than I originally planned. She told me that she would send me a revised contract with an updated invoice. It was never sent, so I emailed her a few times over a few weeks and didn't hear back. I called twice and was told I would get a call back, but never got a call back. In the end I didn't receive an updated contract & invoice until June 21st. Basically for a month and a half, all I had was a verbal agreement that I could rent the trolley for 2 more hours. I had nothing in writing though, which for a bride is very nerve-racking. Also during that time my fiance and I had no idea how much money we still owed them which was pretty frustrating. In the end, the company totally delivered, which is great, but just keep in mind that if you book with this company, your emails/ calls might not get returned for an extended period of time.

Sent on 07/27/2016

Carla · Married on 04/19/2008

3.0

Towne Transport provided busses for our guests to and from our wedding and reception. They were prompt, courteous, and professional. Flexibility was more difficult because we waited longer than we should have to book them, but they did work with us to provide exactly what we needed for our wedding day. Our guests were happy and so were we!

Sent on 05/24/2008

Caryn · Married on 07/09/2016

3.2
      2.5

We used Towne transport for several things: to take our guests from the hotel in Annapolis, across the Bay Bridge, to our wedding venue CBBC and back; to take the wedding party from the chapel to the reception; and to take us (the bride and groom) from the reception back to the hotel in Annapolis.

First of all, the planning process with Towne transport was great, an dJennifer is very easy to work with! However, our day-of experience was less than perfect. The transportation to the reception went of without a hitch. The busses arrived on time to take the wedding party around Annapolis to take pictures and then over to the reception, which was great! It was a very warm day and having the escape of the AC was wonderful, and the bus driver was great! Additionally, the busses that took guests home from the reception were also perfect.

However, we had also paid for a town car for just the bride and groom after the reception. It was meant to arrive at 10:40 (20 minutes before the reception ended). At 10:45, there was no car, so the reception coordinator called the two numbers we had for Towne Transport to see where it was, and could not get in touch with anyone. The car never showed up. The next week we did get in touch with them again and were given a refund for the car that did not make it.

Sent on 08/10/2016
  • Lauri

Lauri · Married on 10/01/2011

3.5

Our experience was very similar to Shannon's post below. We had a Wedding Reception on October 1st, 2011 and much left to be desired from the level of service we were provided by Towne Transport.

First, let me state that Jennifer was absolutely GREAT to work with and eased many of my concerns throughout the entire planning process of our wedding. However, on the day of the reception, things just did not go as planned. I'll blame some of it on a lack of communication between my guests and the drivers, and I'll blame some of it on Towne Transport not having the dedicated people to provide an OVER THE TOP experience for their clients.... which is what I feel is mandatory in this industry... especially when you are dealing with weddings.

Towne Transport was beyond flexible the day of the wedding and even came over to pick up the Groomsmen a little early at my request. However, I paid a hefty price tag to have shuttles running throughout the night from our wedding venue to our hotel and I didn't feel the drivers were providing the level of service that Towne Transport expects them to provide.

I will say that if there was a field above for customer satisfaction, they would receive 5 of 5 stars because they went out of their way to apologize for my unhappiness. A week after my wedding, I spoke with Jennifer, a manager, and the CEO who all were beyond reasonable with their explanations in what happened the evening of October 1st. All I was looking for was an apology and you could tell they genuinely were upset that their company let us down. I would give them another chance and WOULD hire them for my next event.... they have stellar reviews and are thought of as the best in the Annapolis area. I'll chalk up my experience as a rare slip up.

Sent on 11/03/2011

Stephanie · Married on 10/13/2017

2.8
      3.0

We booked this company to provide our wedding party and guests transportation. We booked about 6 months out and were told we could make changes as we got closer. It took us over 3 weeks of calling and emailing to drop a bus and then they said we were too close to the day to make the change. The day of the wedding, the trolley that was picking up the wedding party went to the wrong hotel which caused us to be late for the ceremony. I will say on the positive side the Trolley was fun, great for photos and the driver was great the day of. The school buses we booked for guests worked out fine as well.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Shannon · Married on 09/23/2011

2.2
      1.5
      3.5
      1.5

We worked with Jennifer from Towne Transport regarding our wedding transportation. Jennifer is really sweet and was always responsive to any questions I had. However, the day of our wedding was a different story. We reserved and paid for 2 air-conditioned school buses to take our guests from the hotel to the wedding venue. After speaking with guests that evening, neither bus was air-conditioned. To make things worse, it was pouring rain so people couldn't open any windows. About half-way to the venue, one bus sprung a leak...so bad that guests were literally opening umbrella's at their seats to guard them from spraying water. Additionally, one driver got lost and had to take directions from passengers and the GPS on their phones. Jennifer assured me they had done a wedding there the weekend prior, and knew where they were going.

This is not the level of service we would expect from any wedding vendor, not to mention one that is so important. We had about 95 guests take the transportation, and it was an unpleasant experience for them. Luckily, they were family and friends and were great sports about everything. We did end up extending our reception time that evening. Jennifer came onsite to our wedding, and worked things out with us to have the drivers stay an additional 45 minutes at no expense. We appreciated that very much, yet the overall experience of the day of was a disaster. We didn't get what we paid for, and that's the bottom line. We would most certainly NOT recommend this company to any couples in the area looking for transportation needs.

Sent on 10/19/2011

Jennifer Heilman · Married on 12/14/2019

1.0

Cannot even get a response for a quote

I wish I could even begin to comment on their pricing or service, but despite four attempts at contacting them for a price quote, I can't even get a response! About three weeks ago I filled out the wedding form as well as the regular contact form on their website. After a week with no response, I followed up with an email to general email. After that last week, a call. While I got someone on the phone, he referred me to yet another person's direct email. It's now been almost five days and still no response from her either.

Sent on 02/26/2019

Clare · Married on 07/15/2017

1.0

We have tried to contact Towne Transport online and by phone (both numerous times) and have gotten no response. Even when we have left a message with the receptionist, and they promised to call us right back, we never got the call. We are disappointed in their lack of interest and will not be pursuing them any further.

Sent on 03/28/2017

Katie · Married on 10/02/2015

1.0

I had rented a trolley for my wedding to shuttle guests from the Bladen St Garage to my venue, the Gov. Calvert House. I was told by Towne Transport and my venue, brides do this all the time and it would be no problem. The day of my wedding, it was pouring, windy, and freezing - so thank goodness we had the shuttle service. EXCEPT, the shuttle refused to come around State Cir. because it "would not fit", yet one driver was wiling to drive around the circle, where as another wouldn't. The closest they would get my guests to the venue was north st. - halfway around the circle, in the wind, rain and 50 degree weather. Not to mention, we wanted bridal party pictures on the trolley, and they wanted myself and my bridal party to walk in the wind and rain. Not once was I told that the trolley would not fit around the circle, and they could not provide door to door service like requested. We did not find this out until the day of, 2 hours before the ceremony, when there was no trolley at the front of the venue for pictures, and guests were arriving soaking wet because they just walked around the circle. If the trolley is unable to make it around the circle, you should inform the client prior to booking. Or if just a select few of your drivers are willing to drive the circle, then be sure they are the one driving for that wedding. It was ridiculous to make the bridal party and guests walk in the rain, wind, and cold! I would've never booked this company if I was told up front they could not drop off at the door.
    Also, this company is not very responsive via email or phone once you have booked with them. I tried for weeks prior to my wedding to get in touch with them to ask a few questions and make my final payment, and it took repeated emails and phone calls to finally talk to someone to have my questions answered and pay them. You think they would return phone calls when I'm trying to pay them.
    Poor customer service and misleading contracts!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Towne Transport/Annapolis Trolley's reply:

ALL contracts clearly indicate the pick up and drop off locations, including this customer's contract. Everyone that has a venue that has a potential issue where a vehicle cannot physically fit IS notified in writing. We, however, cannot control the weather and on a day that has wind and rain, it is indeed unfortunate that a large commercial vehicle cannot fit around State Circle but our drivers make the decision about safety first. Annapolis is a wonderful town and our company has provided service to hundreds of happy customers. It is unfortunate that this customer sent an email thanking the representative and then chose to write a negative review.