Towards The Moon Reviews

Towards The Moon 6
Towards The Moon 7

Gina Squicciarini · Married on 03/01/2019

A Dream Company!

Averie knows exactly what to do! I trusted her with every [photo] aspect of my big day. A true professional and master of her Craft. She goes above and beyond all expectations.

Averie and Towards the Moon should be a MUST at any milestone event in your life.

Sent on 04/01/2019
    Towards The Moon 8

Kate Mccormick · Married on 01/10/2019

Perfectly captured the day

Averie was a wonderful wedding photographer. My wife and I had a very intimate ceremony and dinner—only 12 people total—and Averie fit right in to the group. Our settings were tricky—on the streets of New York, on the subway, in a public park, and in a private room lit almost entirely by candles. Not only did she seamlessly navigate all the changes in scenery and lighting, she got some shots we never would have even thought of—subtle moments with our family on the cab ride to the dinner and interacting with random strangers on the subway. All in all, we had hundreds of beautiful photos to remember the day by.

She was a complete pleasure to work with—very clear in all communications, kind and considerate with everyone, able to wrangle a lot of different people and situations—and totally worth every penny. She even got us our photos while we were still on our honeymoon—way earlier than we anticipated! If you’re looking for a great photographer who will roll with whatever you throw her way and really capture the spirit of your celebration, look no further.

Sent on 05/23/2019

Alicia Pignataro · Married on 09/15/2018

Averie & team create & capture pure magic

Averie, her associate & her work are as good as it gets, she understood our vibe immediately day of (since we opted out of an engagement shoot-although looking back I wished we did-since we can be awkward) and captured it perfectly. Friends of mine who are also wedding photographers were blown away by our preview photos alone. She is extremely professional, but that doesn't take away from the calming effect she provided all day, especially when taking photos of me & the bridal party getting ready and on the way to the ceremony. There was a street fair in the couple blocks between our AirBNB and the ceremony space that was causing insane traffic. Quick on her feet, she suggested we walk instead of taking an uber & some of my favorite shots from the day are of me and my bridesmaids walking through the street fair. She did an amazing job of capturing our portraits in a way that felt truly candid & not stiff /forced poses. The way the light is hitting us alone is my favorite part of every photo. She also came prepared with colorful confetti and a pink smoke bomb that created some of the more magical photos from the day. All of the photos from the reception, even when it got dark (on a rooftop), were shot & edited is such a cool way that they perfectly portrayed the scene & all of the fun we had. Overall, I completely trusted her to capture every detail & even better than I would have envisioned. Being someone who is an avid photo taker, I didn't once have to ask for a certain shot or be concerned something would be left out. She turned around all edits in a timely manner & provided a pretty robust preview right away. There is so much variation & everything captures the pure love & joy of that day. I can’t stop looking at them over & over and I don't know how we will be able to narrow it down. I honestly could go on & on, but Averie is truly a modern leader of her craft & creates pure magic. With that being said, I highly recommend Averie. Without me bringing it up, my maid of honor was so impressed she is looking to work with her as well for her own wedding next fall.

Sent on 11/20/2018

V. Pichardo · Married on 09/14/2018

She captures the magic of the day!

Working with Averie and her team was a pleasure. I can’t say enough about the quality of her work. Her photos capture the emotion of both candid and posed shots with an authentic beauty- that is the only way I can describe it. I can literally look at our photos all day- you will honestly be blown away.

Sent on 04/17/2019
    Towards The Moon 9

Bianca · Married on 05/27/2018

Averie was an absolute pleasure to work with! My sisters booked her for my bridal shower and we were sooo pleased with the results. She perfectly captured the special day. The candid and raw moments she shot are legit amazing. We’re so happy we found someone who was able to navigate through our event effortlessly and independently and capture all of our favorite parts of the day. I can’t stop looking through the album! She’s super kind, talented and I would definitely work with her again!

Sent on 04/22/2018
    Towards The Moon 10
    Towards The Moon 11
    Towards The Moon 12
    Towards The Moon 13
    Towards The Moon 14

Kate · Married on 03/24/2018

Averie is amazing! We had her for both our ceremony and wedding party a few months later - the photos are beautiful! She was able to capture our wedding in the exact way we envisioned and is so talented - we will definitely use her in the future and recommend her to anyone looking for photography at their next event!

Sent on 06/03/2018

Danielle · Married on 11/25/2017

Averie was absolutely wonderful to work with before and during our wedding. Not only was she extremely professional, she made the day of our wedding so fun and stress free. My husband was extremely apprehensive to having a videographer at first, but I insisted on needing it! (Happy wife, happy life--right?!) The day after our wedding, every person in our bridal party talked about how great it was taking all the pictures and working with Averie, including my husband!

Sent on 12/03/2017
  • O

Olivia · Married on 11/18/2017

Averie is so easy to work with and her photos are beyond beautiful!

Sent on 02/05/2018

Jennifer · Married on 10/21/2017

When we were searching for a wedding photographer, we were hoping for someone with a more aristic and candid approach to their photos. We searched for a photographer who's work was the perfect combination of edgy and traditional. When we came across Towards the Moon photopgrahy we knew pretty instantly that Averie was the photographer we needed.

Averie is amazing and so easy to work with. She blended in when she needed to and was readily available when a photo needed to be taken. We couldn't recommend her enough! My wife and I thought we would be very awkward on camera since we don't take pictures of ourselves very often. Averie accommodated our last minute request for an "engagement shoot" that turned out to be a "pre-wedding" shoot. Averie made us look and feel like rock stars. By the time our wedding rolled around, we were so comfortable with her. She was able to capture us and our guests in the moment which will make our pictures timeless. Averie got everyone's good side and her editing skills are incredible. Every picture has such a distinct feel to it and we absolutely adore the work she's sent us.

Sent on 11/25/2017
    Towards The Moon 20
    Towards The Moon 21
    Towards The Moon 22

Teresa · Married on 07/29/2017

Averie was outstanding! I can't say enough great things about her and her talent. Her photos are absolutely stunning and she really captures the moment in such a beautiful and artistic way. I'm so lucky to have found her and even during the wedding she was so helpful and knew exactly what I wanted. She made sure to capture every moment. And I can't Thank her enough for being so talented and wonderful on our wedding day. If you want outstanding and beautiful photos that you can't stop looking at, you must book Towards the Moon!!

Sent on 09/09/2017

Lise · Married on 07/16/2017

Averie Cole is a seriously incredible photographer. She traveled for hours to get to our wedding and not only showed up with a smile, but with a fun and friendly energy that added to the excitement and joy of the day. She captured every special moment that we asked for and had a sharp eye for the ones we forgot to mention. The pictures are absolutely stunning! She has a seriously artistic and spot on eye for photography and is so much fun to have around. She was professional from the first time we skyped for planning to the last second when she said her goodbyes. We got our photos quickly and with beautiful edits. We could not be happier with her work and highly recommend her to any couples looking for a stellar photographer!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Anna · Married on 03/25/2017

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Averie. From the time we contacted her until the end of our wedding day and beyond, she has been so supportive and helpful. Not only is she extremely talented, but she's a delightful person to work with. At the end of the day, all we have are photos and I will treasure them always. She is a true artist. She did our engagement photos, my bridal shoot, and our wedding. She did everything possible to make us feel comfortable since we had never had professional photos done before. She captured every moment of our wedding day. The whole day was a blur to me as it went by so quickly, but she didn't miss a thing! She captured candid moments, facial expressions, the laughter, joy, and tears, the details, everything. We hope to work with Averie in the future since we have now officially made her family photographer! By the way, over 800 photos were back within 3 weeks!

Sent on 04/17/2017

micah · Married on 03/25/2017

WOW!! Averie is photography rockstar!!! Averie was so fun and easy to work with. She captured all of the moments we wanted to see, and added her own style. She knew when to take charge and she was also really good at blending in during candid moments. We wanted to have pictures outside but the weather didn't cooperate, and she found the perfect place in the venue to take pictures.

We've gotten so many compliments on our photos from our friends and family. Averie is clearly insanely talented and we are beyond happy we chose Averie!

Sent on 04/30/2017

Daniel · Married on 11/19/2016

Averie was incredibly accommodating and professional. She arrived early, and got right to business. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who is looking for a wedding photographer. Everything was so seamless from beginning to end, and she provided edited photos in just a few days, all ready to download online. We loved the way the photos came out. 5 out of 5!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Averie is THE BEST, so easy to work with and made everyone feel comfortable. We have amazing photo memories thanks to her! I couldn't believe how good my husband and I looked!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Neha · Married on 10/14/2016

I couldn't be happier with the service and quality I received from towards the moon. Averie was great to work with and the photos from my wedding are spectacular. The pictures capture our wedding day better than I could have imagined and will treasure them forever.

BETSI · Married on 10/01/2016

Towards The Moon captures creative + authentic images, 5 stars!!! Gorgeous work!!!

Luis · Married on 03/12/2016

Averie was great to deal with in the lead up to our wedding day and superb on the actual day - she managed to be everywhere and yet did it in a way where we didn't even notice she was there at times. She made sure she knew the location before the day and found some great spots for our photos.

We were really happy with the final pics, which were delivered promptly and included so many great action shots of our guests having a good time, which is exactly what we had asked for. We would happily recommend Averie

Sent on 11/08/2016

Alana · Married on 02/21/2016

Averie Cole from Towards the Moon is not only wonderful to plan and collaborate with in the lead-up to a wedding, but she has the most amazing eye and produces extraordinary results. We couldn't be happier with our wedding photos and our family and friends constantly tell us they have never seen better! Couldn't recommend Towards the Moon highly enough!

Joanna · Married on 02/06/2016

If you are looking for a photographer with a flair for capturing natural moments of joy on your day, then Averie is a terrific choice. She was fantastic on our day, took up very little of our time and did not dominate the proceedings - exactly what we wanted. We are absolutely delighted with the results and have all the shots we really wanted - all very natural. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Paige · Married on 11/28/2015

Me and my husband were so grateful and happy with the service provided by Averie at Towards the Moon photography. I got in touch with her at very short notice and she was so accommodating to our request. She managed to squeeze us in for a few hours as requested even though she already had another wedding later on in the day. She was full of enthusiasm and had great vision and ideas which resulted in beautiful photographs that we will cherish forever. It was so fun shooting with Averie and she was great to chat too and still kept a level of professionalism. Would recommend Towards the Moon to anyone looking for photography within budget and looking for a bit more creativity. We received so many lovely comments when showing our wedding album to family and friends. Thanks again Averie!

Sent on 11/09/2016

Katelyn · Married on 08/12/2017

I am so glad to have found Towards the Moon. Averie was able to customize a package for exactly what we were looking for, prioritizing the things that we really cared about in order to stay within our budget. I had done a lot of research to find a photographer who was in the artistic style I was hoping for and also within our budget, and was convinced that I was going to have to sacrifice something, until I found Towards the Moon. If this is something you're struggling with, I recommend having a chat with Averie! We also were not planning to hire a videographer in order to stay within our budget, but I loved the highlight films that Towards the Moon produces so much that we decided to include one, and I'm so glad we did. Both the photos and video turned out gorgeous, and Averie's team were amazingly dedicated and great to work with. Averie was also super speedy in sending back an incredible set of around 80 photos just two days after the wedding (!!) as a preview gallery, which was so fast and so fun to be able to share photos with our friends and family almost immediately!

Sent on 12/05/2017
  • Y

Yasmin · Married on 09/11/2016

Wasn't for a wedding shoot, so can't be much help here - sorry!

Sent on 11/05/2016

Andrea · Married on 07/30/2016

My experience was excellent, Averie is an amazing photographer that made me feel comfortable and and special, I will recommend her services to everyone I know and need a photographer, I am very happy I got such beautiful images from my wedding day!