Toulies en Fleur Reviews

Toulies en Fleur 6
Toulies en Fleur 7
  • Mona

Mona · Married on 08/09/2014

Jill was the best decision we made for flowers. Her attention to detail was amazing. She truly has an eye for the most delicate and beautiful arrangements. I wanted a romantic and delicate look to the flowers and centerpieces, and I explained to her the coloring I was looking for, and she delivered the most incredible looking centerpieces. I couldnt have imagined more beautiful looking arrangements myself. She brought my dream to life, but also gave us a great deal, and was able to make it all fit into our budget. She was such a pleasure to work with every step of the way. If you want someone who pays attention to the little details of your wedding and has an eye for elegance and design then Jill is it!!!

Sent on 12/06/2014

Sarah · Married on 06/07/2014

Jill was such a pleasure to work with! She has an unbelievable talent with flowers and sharing her visions with you! I showed her the flowers and style I was going for and she made it happen. Her work is beautiful and she is so attentive to detail. She had some beautiful vases and votives we were able to rent to make our dreams become a reality!

Sent on 06/27/2014
  • User3761964 · 2+ years ago

Jill provided the most amazing flowers and stunning floral arrangements for my wedding. Her creations are classy, gorgeous and breath-taking. All my guests jaws dropped. But it isnt just the beautiful arrangements she does that are out of this world, it is her attention to detail - she even glued on tiny strips of thin blue velvet ribbon on paper cones full of rose petals that the guests were to use to shower on us. She has a sense of style that is unmatched. She found flowers that were my style, even contacting vendors form the southern hemisphere for shipping! Highly recommend using this florist

Sent on 12/29/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 11/02/2013

Jill is AMAZING! We knew we wanted florals to be a huge part of our wedding and I had no doubt from the beginning that she would deliver. She exceeded our expectations and I still am in awe of how beautiful everything she created was. She was recommended to me by my planner after another florist blew our budget out of the water. Jill worked with us and included everything we were envisioning all within our budget. I cannot put into words how perfect it all was. Jill is amazing and will not disappoint!!

Sent on 07/29/2017

Tim · Married on 07/06/2013

The floral arrangements were beautiful. They took our vision and made it happen.

Sent on 07/17/2013

Vicki · Married on 04/27/2013

I met with several florists and only Jill understood what I wanted. She had also done work at the hotel and in the small room that we had reserved. As a result she understood the nuances of the room and was able to offer some great ideas. She used my pins on Pinterest to see what I liked and we were able to really fine tune everything very easily. The final product was just lovely...perfect in size, color and she created the overall effect we were looking to achieve. Everyone raved about the flowers and happily took them all home! Jill was a joy to work with throughout the process. I recommend her highly!

Sent on 05/23/2013
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 04/06/2013

Jill simply did an amazing job on our wedding flowers. She is extremely talented, flexible, and a great listener. When I saw the end product on our wedding day, I felt that she had taken an exact snapshot of what I had in mind and replicated the image perfectly. The blooms were large and fresh, and our guests were simply blown away. Thank you!

Sent on 04/17/2013

Charlie · Married on 09/01/2012

When I saw the flowers, I was brought to tears. They were even more beautiful than I could have imagined. Jane Nudd came up with the concept. The execution was flawless, and when a hurricane interrupted our expected shipment, they still were able to reach out to other vendors, pull together a beautiful presentation and complete the job without any additional stress on my daughter. Great, creative, professional team.

Sent on 09/04/2012

Jill is so professional, so sweet and really made my wedding come to life. I don't know much about flowers, I simply just told her colors and a vague image I had and she blew it out of the water. She truly is beyond talented!

Sent on 08/27/2012

Ghazal · Married on 05/26/2012

Jill's work is simply stunning. Honestly she is beyond talented, beyond sweet, and the best anyone could ask for. I showed her couple of pictures to give her an idea of the colors I was looking for and she started showing me some relevant examples of arrangements and bridal bouquets that were exactly what I was looking for. The flowers were much better as I could have imagined. Well done Jill. Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/24/2012

Kelly · Married on 05/19/2012

Toulies en Fleur did an absolutely beautiful job as my wedding florist. From the very beginning when I first met with Jill to go over my "wedding day vision", I knew I had picked the right florist. During our initial consultation meeting, Jill asked me numerous questions in order to get an exact sense of what I was looking for. She then e-mailed me a "vision board" to show me what ideas she had come up with, in order to assure she was on the right track of what I wanted. We then met at the reception site where she displayed several examples of her arrangements for me, in order to finalize the details.
    Additionally, two days before my wedding, at the last minute, I asked Jill if she could incorporate a personal keepsake in my bouquet. Without hesitation she obtained the piece of jewelry from me and displayed the piece so beautifully within the bridal bouquet. It looked amazing!
    On the day of the wedding, Jill personally delivered the (ladies') bouquets and corsages to my house and then the (mens') boutonnieres to the church.
    Finally, when I walked into the reception hall after the wedding ceremony, the floral centerpieces took my breath away! They were absolutely stunning, and the room was gorgeous! Everything was BEAUTIFUL, right down to the floral petals she cascaded down and around the side of my wedding cake! Everything was a work of perfection!

Sent on 06/18/2012

Kelly · Married on 03/17/2012

Jill at Toulies en Fleur was fantastic! I worked in a flower shop when I was in high school, so I've always loved flowers. A friend highly recommended Toulies en Fleur to me, as she had used them for her wedding. Jill immediately responded to my request for information and agreed to meet me right near my office. She had some beautiful pictures of her work and was friendly and receptive to my ideas. I had a small picture to give her an idea of the colors I was looking for and she started showing me some relevant examples of arrangements and bridal bouquets that were exactly what I was looking for. I didn't hesitate to book with Toulies en Fleur and boy am I glad I did! The flowers came out absolutely perfect! Rarely do people comment on the flowers at the weddings I've been to but so many of my family and friends told me how beautiful they thought the flowers were. People are still commenting on them! I was thrilled with everything! And as a bonus, the flowers were much more reasonably priced than I had expected. I would highly, highly recommend Toulies en Fleur!

Sent on 03/27/2012

Kim · Married on 10/08/2011

Jill was by far my best and favorite vendor. She was so easy to work with and offered so many great options to meet my vision while staying within my budget. All of our flowers - bouquets, boutonnieres, altar arrangements and centerpieces were absolutely gorgeous. Even the coordinator at our reception said they were the most beautiful arrangements they have seen yet at their venue. Jill is truly an expert and a talent!

Sent on 11/28/2011

J · Married on 05/29/2011

Jill Medawar's work is simply stunning. The quality of her flowers, her rich and nuanced understanding of color and texture, and her artistry set her apart. She was an absolute delight to work with throughout our entire wedding process and was also incredibly helpful in suggesting other decorating ideas. We would enthusiastically recommend her work to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 07/06/2011

Keri · Married on 11/06/2010

Jill was reccomended to me by a friend who was having a destination wedding and was devistated she would not be able to use her. Well it was the best recomendation I had - she was amazing. I knew the colors I wanted but not the flowers, i wanted the beauty and history of my venue to coordinate with the flowers which she did perfectly. My bridesmaids were amazed that two weeks after the wedding their flowers were still alive. One of the best things Jill did was when she gave me my proposal she included a picture of each of the flowers she was going to use in the boquets and arrangements which helped me with the visual since I was not aware of some of the flowers. Loved her!

Sent on 12/02/2010

Victoria · Married on 09/25/2010

Jill is absolutely incredible! I lacked the creative bride gene, but thankfully I found Jill! I had no idea what I wanted for flowers. All I had was a venue and a bridesmaid's dress swatch. She helped shape the entire look and feel of my wedding. She had fantastically creative ideas that gave my wedding a truly unique look. I've gotten so many compliments on my floral arrangements. I even had other vendors ask for her information! Jill is an wonderfully talented woman and so sweet! She made the whole planning process enjoyable and stress free. Jill is the best!

Sent on 10/12/2010

christine · Married on 06/12/2010

Jill, the genius behind Toulies en Fleur, was--and is--the dream florist. She is, in a word, AMAZING. I met her at the Washington wedding show, and three days later she still remembered me; when we met, she helped put my pretty much jumbled ideas of what I wanted into a concrete proposal that seriously read like she'd read my mind. Jill flies under the radar; she does a lot of big-ticket events in DC, and it shows in the caliber of her work. But more than quality, she's a presence. Jill was really and truly an integral part of my wedding planning team. She coordinated with my venue herself, and single-handedly arranged for my sample linens--linens she helped me to select--to be delivered to my tasting. She designed all of our place-cards, which were PERFECT, and was incredibly generous about finding little flourishes and extra touches that would make the venue look just spectacular, but still stayed in budget. I can't wait for more of my DC-area friends to get engaged; Jill is the first person I'll recommend.

Sent on 08/04/2010

Erica · Married on 04/24/2010

Jill was such a joy to work with and really went above and beyond to carry out our vision. Her knowledge of flowers paired with her creativity and impeccable taste definitely made her stand out from other florists we met. On the day of the event all the floral arrangements were so fresh and gorgeous. Many of our guests commented on how beautiful and unique all the arrangements were- they definitely set the mood for the event! I would highly recommend Toulies en Fleur for their professionalism and beautiful work.

Sent on 05/06/2010
  • W

Monesha · Married on 07/25/2009

Jill blew me away with the flowers. Leading up to the wedding I was confident in her skill and assured that she knew what I wanted for the wedding. She was very helpful through the planning process. She listened to my ideas, and to what kind of flowers I liked and was able to suggest similar flowers that were less expensive. The day of the wedding I was more than pleased with the outcome. Everything looked wonderful - better than I could have ever imagined.

Sent on 08/11/2009

Elena · Married on 10/20/2018

Gorgeous Flowers

Jill was wonderful to work with from the beginning. Like many people, I have no experience with this and was only able to give vague descriptions of what I thought I maybe wanted and she truly turned that into beautiful and unique floral arrangements. She is expensive, but even I could notice that she was at a different level than some of the other less expensive florists I met with, and I think her price was well worth it. I do wish I had asked to see my bouquet ahead of time (like you get to see an example of one of the centerpieces) because it wasn’t exactly as I imagined, but I think that was more due to imperfect communication on my part. Now that I have the photos back I can see how gorgeous all the arrangements were and how beautiful she made the ceremony and reception room. On top of all of that she is nice, very pleasant to work with and talk to, and very responsive. I would definitely work with her again and would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 02/21/2019
  • W

Matthew · Married on 07/02/2011

The final product was exquisite, and Jill really made the table decorations look beautiful. The initial meeting was very nice and Jill really listened to what we wanted. She even found fabrics to match our decor. The only issue was at times I felt she was resistant to some of our ideas, either nixing them from the get go or not budging from her decor. Jill was more inclined to pick flowers that she liked or thought would look better and I did not have my favorite flowers in any of my arrangements or even my bouquet. I understood that some flowers had just finished their season, but she had at first suggested getting them from further north, but later did not deliver. So in the end even though the flowers were just beautiful, and everyone loved them, they were just a little off from what I wanted. Her resistance to my ideas was a little surprising as I thought if it was willing to pay and it was my wedding it should be more of what I wanted, not what she wanted. Dont be afraid to go with Jill because you will end up with a beautiful final product that she obviously worked very hard on, but do stick to your guns if it is something you really want.

Sent on 07/10/2011

Christy · Married on 10/16/2015

3.5

I have to say that I was a bit skeptical after we had our consulting meeting. I felt like I had no idea what the florals were going to look like and I also felt like it was out of my hands. We just signed the document a bit blindly trusting our instincts and our planner (who had worked with them before). I can say that I was completely surprised by the outcome. Our florals were GORGEOUS - tables, bouquet, ceremony, etc. I was just blown away by it and was actually thankful that it was one thing I really didn't worry about. It was simply magical and beautiful all at the same time.

Sent on 10/25/2015

Ginly · Married on 07/20/2013

3.0

To put it simply, Jill's flowers for my wedding were absolutely stunning. When I first met her, I printed out a picture of a wedding that was at the country club I was having my wedding at and told her that I loved those centerpieces and décor. It turned out, she was the florist for the wedding. There were a few hiccups along the way. I will be the first to admit that I am impatient and wanted my vendors to respond to my emails and calls ASAP. I first met Jill a week before the holidays and didn't realize that I wouldn't get my quote until after the new year. I panicked a little because I really wanted her for my wedding. She also went on vacation 2 weeks right before my wedding and that was when my balance was due and I wanted to add some flowers. I panicked again for a couple of days when I didn't hear back from her. She told me the day of that she couldn't put out the aisle runner because the fabric is really expensive and couldn't cut it. She didn't realize that our ceremony was being set up in a certain way where the extra fabric couldn't be hidden. I also asked for her to make corsages and boutonnieres for my out of town guests. She ended up making boutonnieres for all of my family guests even though I had asked her to make corsages for the females. But in the end, everything worked out. All the guests raved about the flowers. The bouquets, centerpieces...everything was just beautiful. Jill also put up lanterns over the dance floor and she was able to pull it off despite the fact that I only told her a few days before the wedding that I wanted to add that.

Sent on 08/01/2013

Toulies en Fleur's reply:

Ginly was a delightful bride to work with and we were happy to accommodate her last minute requests. When we arrived to set-up for the ceremony the location and set-up had been moved from what we had previously been told. At that point there were no viable options for us to provide her with an aisle runner. The female attendants were provided with pin corsages which included additional ribbon and berry accents that the male boutonnieres did not have. These corsages were not as elaborate as a traditional corsage because we offered them at a 50% discount to help the bride stay within her original floral budget.