Total Entertainment Experts Reviews

88 | Los Angeles, CA

88 Reviews for Total Entertainment Experts

Vivian · Married on 08/31/2013

Gene and his team were very professional and responsive to any needs and concerns. They were very organized and attentive to our wedding needs.

Sent on 09/23/2013

Meylin · Married on 08/30/2013

Our experience with Total Entertainment Experts was amazing! Thank you for all your help.

Sent on 09/24/2013
  • Y

YESENIA · Married on 07/05/2013

Gene and his wife are amazing! They came in handy during my wedding to pump up the crowd and my wedding went so smooth thanks to them. I love how they listened to my vision with music, since I had a live Mexican band playing at the reception they made sure to play other music. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Sent on 07/16/2013

My wife and I used DJ Gene for our wedding in June 2013.
    Before we decided on him, he scheduled a meeting to discuss wedding logistics. Right when we met him and his wife, we felt that they were very friendly and enjoyable people, with a great sense of humor. They have a lot of experience with different types of parties and weddings, and provided a well detailed framework of how the night could be structured. It was very helpful to hear their insights into how to make the wedding reception fun and smoothly-run. He was also very easy to collaborate with regarding the types of traditions and events we wanted to have for our night. In addition, when he heard that we were having difficulty finding a photographer, he very kindly gave his input, recommending two people he has worked with, and emailed us their contact information.
    As far as the services he offered, he provided DJ/Emcee services for the duration of the reception and cocktail hour, up-lighting and a monogramed light with our initials. The pricing was more affordable than other DJs for 6 hours of service.
    On the wedding event, he did a great job of making the night run very smoothly. All our guests received notifications about important events like when to move into the reception hall, when it was open bar hours, and when food was to come. The music he selected was great – all our guests from age 2 to 87 heard and enjoyed the music. It was great to see that during the dances, every guest was on the dance floor. Very importantly, DJ Baca made the night special by always reminding the crowd of the reason for the night, the celebration of our marriage.
    DJ Baca and his wife are two kind, fun people with a lot of experience in event planning and music, and they really helped make our wedding a perfect night. It is interesting to note that even months after our wedding, friends and family still comment about how great the “funny DJ” made the wedding.

Sent on 02/01/2014

Totally professional and experts. We had a blast to the end! Great people to work with!!!!!!

Sent on 05/27/2013

My wife, guests and I had an amazing time. It wouldn't have been possible without Total Entertainment Experts.

Sent on 06/05/2013
  • Daniela

Daniela · Married on 04/20/2013

It’s hard to know where to start, because there are so many wonderful things I have to say about Gene and Mary. When first thinking about Music it never dawns upon you to think that it plays such an important role- having a wedding event with them was truly amazing. There was never a dull moment since the first time we met with this wonderful team- Immediately there was a timeline drafted and in that instant as Gene and Mary were discussing their services I got lost into my wedding world. I imagined the noise the background music the excitement. I will say I was not disappointed. As the bride I recall the excitement as we were introduced into our crowd of guests, it build anticipation it made us comfortable to be who we are and I can say it was all because of Gene’s incorporation to keep everyone alive. It was a great way to bring family and friends together there was not a quiet moment and everyone had fun.
    Several appointments were made to follow up on current information for music choice, responsiveness was immediate and their level of professionalism was truly exceptional.

Received nothing but great compliments of their amazing job!! If you’re looking for the time of your life start here with this astounding duo.
    Thank You both!!!

Sent on 04/26/2013

Shari · Married on 04/13/2013

Total Entertainment Experts did a wonderful job! Stephen was great, he kept us and the guests well informed throughout the event. He was so fun and kept everyone on the dance floor and the energy flowing. Before the wedding he was attentive and made sure all our needs and wants were met before and during the wedding.

Sent on 04/26/2013
  • User3207324 · 2+ years ago

Gene and his assistant were very easy to work with. They showed up on time, kept the guests entertained, and always had people on the dance floor. He was very flexible and great to work with. From the moment we met him, his professionalism and years of experience were quickly apparent. I am trying to think of something bad to say, or something to critique him on but i have nothing. All in all, i am very pleased with his service. Highly recommended

Sent on 06/12/2013

Soraya · Married on 10/20/2012

Gene and his wife were very professional and experienced. From the beginning, they took charge and offered recommendations and tips while still taking our plans into consideration.

On the day of the wedding, they were very flexible considering that we extended our mariachi band from the original timeslot.

They were able to get everyone on the dance floor with a clever rendition of "New York, New York."

We highly recommend them and plan to use them in the future..

Sent on 04/07/2013

Nana · Married on 09/23/2012

Gene and Mary are a professional duo. They offered the most reliable services and an entertaining prowess that made our wedding a memorable one. My wife and I were in very capable hands from the moment we signed our agreement withTEExperts. Thanks again Gene.

Sent on 10/03/2012

Jhoanna · Married on 06/23/2012

Gene & Mary are awesome!!! They made our June 23, 2012 wedding a night that all our guest will remember for a long time. From the beginning We were super impressed with Gene and Mary's organization, friendliness, and knowledge about every detail of a wedding. I have a big loud Mexican family and my husband has a more reserved Asian family and I was concerned about making our wedding fun for both our families and I was thrilled that Gene & Mary were able to get everyone on the dance floor. It has been weeks since our weeding and friends and family are still raving about how much they loved the music and how much fun they had at our wedding. Gene was not only a fantastic DJ, but also an amazing MC who kept the party going. Both Gene And Mary made sure that every single detail at our wedding from the grand entrance, father daughter dance, cake cutting, etc. went smoothly and happened on time (I seriously did not have to worry about a thing that night). I can go on and on About how happy I was with Gene and Mary's service and professionalism....I recommended them 100 percent!!!

Thank you Gene & Mary!!!

Sent on 07/11/2012

Sara · Married on 06/02/2012

Gene and Mary were completely professional from the first time we met them to discuss the possibility of hiring them for our wedding. Although we booked them about a year in advance, we felt their commitment to our special day.

Closer to our wedding date we exchanged emails on what we needed to provide them and soon thereafter we met to finalize details. They went completely out of their way to drive about two hours to our neck of the woods during rush hour to help us finalize our 'entertainment itinerary' which is easily described as the reception. They took their time, were patient with us and walked us through every detail, making sure we were happy with the song/music choice. We felt so fulfilled when we finished our meeting, I knew we were in good hands.

The day of our wedding, things could not have been any more smooth. When meeting with Gene and Mary, they had devised a plan to get people on the dance floor through a centerpiece giveaway which we didn't even have to use. Gene had a great presence and really knew how to gauge the guests. He played the music from the list we provided and even music we missed and were to glad to hear at our wedding. They both successfully catered to the musically likes of our guests, which included at least four generations.

We are so thankful for their opinions, thoughts, and overall professionalism. Our wedding was not as easy to plan because it was the first large formal wedding in both our families. Yet, with TEE's help, we were easily able to turn our wedding into a perfect blend of us and our traditions all the while making sure everyone had a blast. We still receive compliments from our guests telling us how much of a good time they had at our wedding.

We're so glad we hired TEE!! Thanks Gene and Mary!!!

Sent on 08/02/2012

Joanna · Married on 02/19/2012

My husband and I used Total Entertainment Experts for our wedding and we are really glad we did. DJ Gene and his wife Mary were wonderful to work with. They were organized, professional, and great at accommodating to our music preference. They kindly worked with us before the wedding to plan for our big day and took special notes toward our music requests. Our wedding reception was amazing!!! It was fun, lively, and everything we had hoped for. Thanks to Gene and Mary our wedding was an unforgettable night complete with dancing and lively vibe!

Sent on 03/13/2012
  • User2022427 · 2+ years ago

I don't like to rate businesses and professional services. When I do, I never give out the maximum number of points allowable - no one is that good. But then I did business with Gene Baca and Total Entertainment Experts and I had to make an exception to my rule.

My Bride and I could spend pages raving about what a magnificent job Gene did at our wedding. Believe it: He does a fantastic job of both providing entertainment and expertly managing a reception. What impressed me most about working with Total Entertainment Experts, however, was the professionalism and attention to detail prior to the wedding and the response of our wedding guests at the reception.

Gene worked with us for most of an afternoon prior to our wedding date mapping out our expectations. That's fine but then he proceeded to follow the Master Sequence of Events List to the minute and keep an even flow to our event. He was funny, engaging, ready with the right tune at the right time, and felt more like a close member of our family that knew us well who was providing the entertainment services.

Our guests repeated stated at the wedding and in subsequent post event discussions what a magnificent job Gene did. Nothing makes a couple beam more than hearing their guests comment on success during an event that could be prone to slip ups.

I was stunned by the quote I was given for the DJ services in the beginning. This was primarily because by the time we met Gene I was shell shocked from all the "thousand dollar bills" that needed to be doled out to pull off the wedding. In hindsight not only was Total Entertainment Experts well worth the money but the value of their service is immeasurable. Knowing what I know now I can honestly say that I would have paid twice his contract price to ensure the type of smooth event our wedding day was.

Before you talk to anyone else, spend 15 minutes on the phone with Gene Baca. A true professional and a damn nice guy (this was the first but not the last time we've met) he and his wife Mary were the margin of difference in making a good wedding great.

Sent on 11/21/2011

Ashley · Married on 10/16/2011

Gene and his wife... were very attentive from the beginning. i love that they were so into having us pick our music as informative on how things should go and great in assisting us on finding great songs. Thank you!!

Sent on 11/28/2011
  • W

Wini · Married on 10/01/2011

We were very pleased with Total Entertainment's services. We would higly recommend them for any event. Very professional and friendly and they even asssisted us with planning our wedding.

Sent on 11/28/2011

Kristy · Married on 09/03/2011

Gene and Mary are awesome!!! They are the dynamic duo!!!! Not only have I never heard them play before, but I was very hesitant b/c I know the DJ can make or break your wedding! Not only did they do everythinig I asked, they kept us on time and we and our guests had a BLAST!!!! They were very responsive at all times and not only did they meet with us 1 time but 2 times. They are very helpful in the timeline and picking song process! They are fun to work with and I thank them so much for making our wedding a 10!!!!

Sent on 09/26/2011

Catherine · Married on 06/12/2011

Total Entertainment Experts are amazing!!!! Gene and his wife, Mary, really knows how to rock a party!! Everybody in our wedding told us they had a blast. Both my husband and I really had the time of our lives because of them!! They're very easy and fun to work with. We called them so many time during the planning and they were always very responsive and helpful. I've been to a lot of wedding and I can surely say Gene is the best DJ I've seen so far!!

Sent on 06/23/2011

Robert · Married on 04/03/2011

Top notch and professional entertainment! The wedding service and reception entertainment went smoothly from beginning to end. I would definitely hire Total Entertainment Experts and Gene Baca again, and would recommend anyone in need of TEE's service to do the same.

Sent on 04/17/2011

Gervaise · Married on 03/19/2011

My husband, Michael and I, had a beautiful wedding on March 19, 2011 at the Los Angeles River Center and Gardens. We hired Gene Baca with Total Entertainment all day. Working with DJ Gene was fun, easy, affordable, and memorably entertaining. He was also our Master of Ceremonies. He was organized, caring, and happy to serve us. Our guests really enjoyed him; they felt very entertained. We were extrememly thrilled with his performance. We highly recommend Gene and Tota lEntertainment Experts for your event!

Sent on 04/07/2011

Alex · Married on 03/05/2011

We are so very grateful to have you as our DJ. Not only did you rock the party, but the way you managed the introductions kept our wedding running like a well oiled machine. I would recommend you to anybody looking for a great MC & even better DJ!

Sent on 04/20/2011

Jeffrey · Married on 11/12/2010

Really enjoyed his professionalism from beginning to end he was very helpful in sharing with us his many years of experience which helped us make better decisions and showed us how are wedding will be more enjoyable and stand out above other wedding while making sure we and all guet have a great and fun, memorable time.

Sent on 04/18/2011

Lorraine · Married on 09/10/2010

Gene @Total Entertainment Experts was DJ/MC at our wedding. Could not have chosen a better person. I had many guests asking me, who our dj/mc was. Fun, Fun, Fun!!!! Can't wait to use them again.

Sent on 04/20/2011

Luisa · Married on 03/05/2016

I could not have been more pleased! I am so glad that we went with Total Entertainment, they made sure that everyone had a good time at our wedding. We received so many compliments about how engaged and attentive they were. I will be sure to recommend them, they are GREAT at what they do!

Sent on 03/09/2016