Toshi Tazawa Photography Reviews

Toshi Tazawa Photography 4
Toshi Tazawa Photography 5

Denise Aldrich · Married on 10/04/2019

Great Personnel

Toshi and his team helped us out when our original photographer we booked fell ill week before our event. Within a short time frame, Toshi was able to scout the venue 2 hours away, set all the shoots as we imagined, and made the day so special.

Sent on 10/23/2019

Nancy Tam · Married on 08/23/2019

Happiest Day Ever

Toshi and his team captured beautiful photos for our special day. He made everything go smoothly and we can’t thank him enough. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 10/25/2019

Stephanie Taft · Married on 07/09/2019

Consumate Pro

If you are looking for a helpful photographer willing to take time and extra effort to make your wedding day shine look no further than Toshi to capture your memories! As he promises, he will come back with suggestions after scouting the venue and taken our inspirations. Highlights came within few days and the images were remarkable and certainly were beyond our expectations. Kudos to his assistants and videographers who were all professional and attentive to our needs.

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • SARAH

SARAH · Married on 03/16/2019

Wonderful complement to our day!

Toshi and Sergio were amazing to work with for my wedding day. We had booked them for the whole day and they made sure to arrive early to capture the many intricate and astounding moments of the day. Toshi's passion for staging and perfecting the shot was obvious from the start! During the hair and makeup prep, Toshi had to work in a hotel room bustling with activity and people, including myself, my mom, 5 bridesmaids, and 4 hair and makeup artists! It was a confining setting, but he was nimble and adaptive, and didn't let the commotion get in the way of refining the setting and taking amazing pictures. Toshi made sure to capture all precious moments of the day, while never disrupting the flow and working with our venue. We received the photo highlights a couple of days after the wedding and I haven't been able to stop looking at them! The pictures are beautiful and perfectly encapsulate our joy on this fleeting occasion! I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. I highly recommend Toshi Tazawa Photography for any day you want to relive forever.

Sent on 03/25/2019

Annie · Married on 03/11/2019

Incredible!!

Toshi is an awesome photographer. He covered my SF city hall wedding and exceeded my expectations. He knows the venue in and out and tries to bring out intricate details of the city hall and personalities of the individuals. As soon as I confirmed him, he had a detailed call with me to make me understand location, weather, and other factors. Also, suggested props and things to bring for the photo shoot. He's able to replicate any pose with perfection. He's professional, knowledgeable, and pay attention to every details. He also helped me to pick the locations for after wedding photo shoot. He's full of innovative ideas. If you are photo fanatic and ready to experiment then Toshi is your man and won't disappoint you. I would highly recommend him. Cheers!!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Emily Murillo · Married on 11/14/2018

thankyou for making our wedding so special

My husband and I got married this past August and we were totally in awe by Toshi’s ability to capture some of the most magical moments ever. He has a fantastic eye for light and setting. And all of these charismatic skills shone through the portraits he took. Highly recommended!

Mark Lynch · Married on 11/08/2018

I am impressed with their work

Seeing the incredible cinematography of my wedding day has left me speechless. Toshi has really outdone himself. Through his brilliant work, he helped me relive all those beautiful moments of my big day. It literally brought tears to my eyes :’) Keep up the great work, Toshi!

Cynthia Phifer · Married on 11/07/2018

they are the professionals

I came across Toshi’s portfolio on The Knot and the second I saw some of the wedding portraits, I instantly took a fancy to his work. With brilliant lighting and backdrop, he shot portraits just the way I wanted. Besides that, the stunning wedding cinematography provided us captivating memories of our big day.

• Paul	Walker

Paul Walker · Married on 10/01/2018

It was pleasure working with them

I was very nervous when Toshi announced that we would have to do a portrait photo shoot. Honestly, I don’t like being in front of the camera that much but since it was my big day and portrait wedding photography is an important element, I decided to go ahead with the plan. Our portrait photo shoot turned out incredible. Toshi was able to capture our true emotions with brilliant lighting and poses!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Sadye · Married on 09/16/2018

I am the happiest bride ever! Toshi and Sergio did a fabulous job at my wedding 9/16/18. I cannot thank you enough from the bottom of my heart. Everyone has been asking about who my photographer was and I’m happy to point them in your direction Toshi. Bryant and I are so pleased with how all of the photos came out and we are so happy that you were apart of our big day. I hope to work with you again. Much love from Alaska, -Sadye and Bryant

Toshi Tazawa Photography 6
    Toshi Tazawa Photography 15
    Sent on 09/27/2018

Lu · Married on 07/28/2018

Amazing photographer!

Toshi is truly amazing! We enjoyed working with Toshi tremendously. My husband and I got married this past July and were more than impressed and pleased by Toshi's professionalism and high-quality work. We knew he was the right photographer for our wedding after interviewing several other vendors. Toshi stood out not only because he was super professional but also genuinely cared about his clients and his work. On our wedding day, he not only arrived early, but he also made sure to accommodate all of our requests. We also received wedding preview highlights in less than 24 hours! Exceptionally done! The final pictures took longer than we hoped becauseToshi notified us of an unexpected event. However, the wait was worth it and the pictures were amazing. Toshi made sure to deliver quality work, and we were thrilled to see the final results. We are really lucky to have chosen him to be our wedding photographer, and would be happy to work with him again for future events!

Sent on 10/18/2018
  • Irene

Irene Issa · Married on 07/05/2018

Thankyou Soooo!!!!

My wedding album came today and everyone couldn’t just stop gushing about how beautiful all the portraits are. Seriously, all the credit goes to the amazing photography of Toshi! He made me feel really relaxed and comfortable during the wedding photo shoot. If it weren’t for him, I wouldn’t look half as good as I do in the photos! Thanks so much!

Natalie Ogrady · Married on 07/04/2018

good work guys

We booked Toshi Tazawa photography for our backyard wedding and honestly, I was a bit nervous, wondering how the photographer would turn out to be. But Toshi was nothing but the best! He took some great candid portraits, full of depth and emotions. The best thing of all - we got the entire collection quite promptly! Highly impressed!

Kim · Married on 10/01/2017

Toshi was the best investment we made for our wedding. Close to a year after our wedding what we do every day is to look at the wonderful portraits he'd taken of us and re-experience the joyous celebration we with our family and friends. Toshi had worked with the photographer who shot my mother's wedding so this was a full circle for my mother and me. Thank you and your staff for capturing these emotions forever!

Sent on 12/24/2017

Clare · Married on 08/06/2017

Toshi was so perfect for us and our wedding. He was really thorough and focused on making sure to capture photos we would want forever. We appreciated his awareness of what would look good since we're the type of people who were rather clueless. Toshi is easy to talk to in the planning period and very responsive. The day of was perfect because he knew exactly what to do and maintained a very independent-diligent, yet perfectly calm and approachable vibe throughout the day. Our families loved him and was so happy to have him there.

Toshi Tazawa Photography 16
    Toshi Tazawa Photography 17
    Sent on 10/25/2017

Eileen · Married on 03/18/2017

Simply put, Toshi is a steal at any price. I parted ways with my very pricey but non-responsive wedding photography studio due to misgivings and took a chance on an offer that just seemed too good to be true. Finished images were gorgeous and he delivered it all within 2 months with a separate set of color treatments! I don't know how he does it knowing what he does. My sister finally received her album and files 8 months after the ceremony. How can two services be so different? We are more than ecstatic with the results. His work and professionalism scored over and above his replacement. Highly recommended.

Sent on 12/24/2017

Christina · Married on 03/08/2017

Toshi captured some great moments for us at our wedding. I requested several detail shots (shoes, dress, food, cake, etc) and he made the effort to get all of them. He also got pictures of my husband and I with all our guests. Our wedding was small, less than 50 people, so we were able to take pictures by family.

We had our wedding on Memorial Day at the Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay so it was a very sunny day, which we all know can be a nightmare for cast shadows! Toshi brought his flash gear to help reduce the cast shadows and make the lighting work. We didn’t get a package with two photographers so Toshi was the only person there that day and he still made it work — we had a very ambitious and aggressive timeline for our wedding schedule. It was also a very hot day, but Toshi didn’t let that discourage him. He was hustling all day to get photos for us.

Prior to the big day, Toshi met with us so we could get comfy with him and scoped out the site to see the ceremony site, reception, and places to take romantics. He was on time for our prewedding meeting and on the actual day of the wedding. Overall, happy with his services. He is very personable and easy to get along with!!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Pin · Married on 12/22/2016

If you are looking for a Photographer to capture your once in a lifetime moment, without having to worry about a single thing, Toshi is the guy for you! We have been constantly communicating from the time that I hired him. We talked almost everyday. He replied almost instantly. He made sure he answered all my questions and addressed any uncertainties that I have had. By the time my wedding day arrived, I felt that Toshi is more than just my Wedding Photographer. He is very professional, respectful and truly, a man of his words. Toshi will amaze you on the kind and the number of ideas that he has to offer, not to mention the extra things that he did for us just to make our weding day extra special. Toshi also strikes me as someone who is in the photography industry not just to generate business. He does it to express his artistry & passion. He is a perfectionist and to put it simply, no amount of time or money will limit him from producing a sky high quality of work. He takes so much pride in his work and he cares a lot about his clients. I may not be able to express in full details on what transpired during my wedding day and this review will definitely not do him justice. One thing is for sure though, I can genuinely say that I am very satisfied with the work that he has done for me and my wife. I highly recommend Toshi. Trust me, you won't regret it!

Toshi, we can't thank you enough for our Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful and Amazing wedding pictures (that's now trending in Facebook!)! We appreciate you very much. Til our next dinner and photoshoot session! All the best!

Pin & Gly

Sent on 02/16/2017

Cheryl · Married on 07/09/2016

Toshi was fantastic at shooting my bridal portraits. He and his assistant met me in the wee early hours of the morning in Palo Alto and produced beautiful photos. He was patient, pleasant, professional, and had great ideas of how to pose and where to take photos. He edited them in less than a few weeks- fastest turnaround time ever! I want to reach out to him again for future photo opps (family photos, newborns?)

Sent on 01/29/2017