Torrin Photography Reviews

58 | Cranford, NJ

58 Reviews for Torrin Photography

58 Torrin Photography Reviews

jill · Married on 12/31/2008

I want to thank Tommy and staff for making my wedding day a wonderful experience.
    From the moment they arrived at my mothers house, Tommy and crew were amazing. So attentive to make sure every little detail, from my dress, to my nails, to the fun we had on the dance floor was captured in my photos for me and my husband to be able to cherish and look back on forever.
    If i had to redo my wedding day all over again i might change a few little things here and there, but one thing i would choose over and over again is Torrin Photography. They have made my day incredible and my memories unforgettable.

Kathy · Married on 07/01/2012

I can not express enough how wonderful and professional
    Tom and his photographers handled the photography at
    my wedding. They were a pleasure, and the photography
    was absolutely amazing....Thank you guys for all the wonderful
    memories.

Wonderful photographers and service! Tom was very easy to work with and made sure to accommodate all of our needs.

Heather · Married on 11/23/2007

Simply amazing. Could not have had more beautiful photos. Would recommend to anyone!

• JD07032

Jannice · Married on 05/14/2011

I wanted to mention to anyone looking to make their special day perfect. Tom at Torrin Photography did that for me. The pictures my husband and I have are amazing, by far the best I've ever seen. And trust me, I looked at more wedding photographers than I could possibly count. Granted, I paid more, but I feel like I really got my money's worth!

Samantha · Married on 11/11/2011

0.5
      3.5
      0.5

I think this company is a complete scam! I only used them because i won a package at a bridal show. After my wedding, there were many phone calls about when my proofs would be ready and i had excuse after excuse "the server crashed" "this happened" "that happened" voice mails wouldnt get returned etc. I prayed there was actual film in their cameras! I FINALLY got my proofs! Than after much to-do I finally saw my proof for my albums. Now, after being told the wedding albums only took 2 months to come in, it has been 6 months, if not more, and they are still not in and Torrin Photography (Bellissimi Photography) never calls me to let me know updates. I have to call them and leave messages. They were paid in full and had no problem processing credit cards, cashing checks etc. However, when it comes time to produce final products, that seems to be an issue. Not to mention, the work on their website, does not resemble the quality of work that i received for my wedding. The work on their website, is much more professional looing than the pictures that were taken the day of my wedding. I was very disappointed with my pictures, however, i was just thankful that there was film in the carmera and I had some pictures of my special day. To further elaborate on the lack of professionalism this company has, i called them before my wedding to express my concerns and the man on the phone yelled to someone he was working with "We have a stressed out bride on the phone". I was shocked that was how he would talk to a customer of theirs. I would never recommend Torrin Photography to anyone EVER! Please do not waste your money. I stand by this review 100%. I am disappointed in myself for trying to save a few dollars and booking them with the package i won. I got married November 2011, and still do nto have any pictures from my wedding.

Sent on 02/01/2013

Torrin Photography's reply:

This review is not truthful, it is a complete misrepresentation of what happened. This client got exactly what she paid for and in a timely fashion.

Jim · Married on 05/13/2017

1.6
      1.5
      1.0

When you visit the Bridgewater Manor or the Torrin Photo studio you will see some gorgeous images of previous weddings. The images show the artistry of the photographer as well as significant photo enhancement skills. I wish I could say that the same artistry and enhancement skills were provided on my images. Everyone hopes for a blue sky day for their wedding but that does not always happen, so outdoor pictures against the Bridgewater Manor’s gardens or fountain were severely limited. This is not anyone’s fault. The assigned photographer, Hubert, made an attempt to capture the outdoor images and use the indoor scenes as best he could.
    Fast forward to 8 weeks later and we were still waiting for preview images to be posted. Multiple emails were sent with the response “this is our busy season, please be patient” . Finally 10 weeks after the wedding preview pictures are posted on the site. I reviewed the pictures and was severely disappointed to see the artistry and photo enhancement skills were barely applied. I am not expecting magic but simple things like removing a lens water spot were not performed. I brought this to the attention of Torrin Photo and was advised additional enhance was still forthcoming and the process takes time, the final images will be available in two weeks. I received the final images and can say even the simplest of image correction was neglected. At best a few images were converted it Black and white and some were cropped. The simplest online photo editing programs offered better results than we received from Torrin. I wish I could give a better review of the services provided but the lack of effort and slow response time leave me disappointed in the services provided.

Sent on 08/21/2017

Torrin Photography's reply:

It's funny that with all that Jim stated he failed to say it was raining that day and still he chose to be photographed in the gardens while under an umbrella which we did not recommend, but he still chose the outdoors. The water spots he is speaking of is from the rain hitting the lens as well as in the foreground of the images photographed outdoors. We are not speaking of one or two water spots we are speaking of several as you know this is totally out of our control an we forewarned Jim of this situation but he still chose to go out doors. Removing these water spots is considered artwork not enhancement, and for artwork there is a charge as it's very time consuming although we did remove some very conspicuous ones in order to help the image look better and that's what took some extra time. Jim's photography package was the lessor expensive packages that we offer and did not Include artwork or albums and he was well informed of the time frame and what he was to receive. I'm very disappointed in Jims review as we always go above and beyond for our clients as you will see by all the positive reviews that we've received over the years, anyone else would have called us with their concern first and see what it would take to correct and if it can be corrected in stead of posting such negativity for something that he chose to do and was out of our control.

Sue · Married on 09/22/2013

1.2
      0.0
      1.0

Our experience with Torrin photography and Tom was a hassle during every phase of our wedding; before, during and after. I would love to tell you the full story of how miserable the entire process was, but I am limited in characters for this review. I am writing this review in January 2015 and my wedding was in September 2013, and we just received our complete order LAST WEEK. That is pathetic and unacceptable.

Before the wedding we spoke over the phone with Tom who quoted us $1,200 for the photo package, but after signing the contract we realized that in the fine print we were on the hook for $4,200. In what was surely a bait and switch by Tom he eventually agreed to give us a few "free portraits" with our order but when you are paying literally triple what you think a wedding package should cost, you are hardly getting a deal. Very deceptive by Tom and he knows it.

On the day of the wedding the photographer showed up 1.5 hours late (car trouble) but no one picked up the phone to tell us this. We had to have the manager of the venue contact someone at Torrin by personal cell phone to find out what was going on since no one was answering the business line. Eventually two photographers showed up for some reason, and granted they were very professional and easy to work with, but the delay meant we were taking photos outside when the guests started to arrive ruining the surprise of them seeing me in my wedding dress.

Two weeks after the wedding, when we returned from our honeymoon, there had been no contact made by Torrin apologizing for the fact that they were almost 2 hours late and DID NOT CALL US. Tom was extremely defensive saying such nonsense as, "most people don't listen to us when we ask them to arrive at noon", as an excuse for their poor communication. To make a very long story short, it took OVER A YEAR to receive our order as Tom and his terrible staff bungled our order every chance they could, losing packages and using the wrong address.

Sent on 01/27/2015

Torrin Photography's reply:

NOT TRUE ! She purchased a service contract that has a required minimum order. 1,200 for the service with a 3,000 minimum order. Totaling 4,200. The contract CLEARLY states all the terms and conditions and when payments are to be made. She never even took the time to visit our studio to discuss her needs or to view our work. She requested I mail the contract because she had no time to visit. I found that to be odd. It seemed she had no time to read the contract either, as she held onto it for over a week and mailed it back with the required deposit. It wasn't until two weeks AFTER the wedding when she called and asked how to move forward to view her images and place an order. When I explained the process and payment schedule as stated in the contract she seemed to be shocked and told me she will call back at another time. From that time on I never spoke to her again. Her husband took control at that point and all transactions were discussed via email as well as phone. Their order was produced in a timely fashion.Their entire wedding was held at the venue. Our crew arrived 2 1/2 hours before the actual ceremony which was more than enough time . She was running late NOT US she is lying. If she spent as much time reading the contract as she did fabricating this deceitful and bogus review none of this would have transpired. She would have moved on to a photographer who she could afford and we could have accommodated another client who would have appreciated our services as well as the product we deliver . This was pure neglect and laziness on her part. and has no one to blame but herself. She is not a truthful person !