Top Tier Band & DJ Service Reviews

122 | Nashville, TN

122 Reviews for Top Tier Band & DJ Service

1 User photo

Kate · Married on 07/14/2012

They were awesome! The whole place was dancing, and they played an encore song. They got in with the crowd and our wedding guests, young an old, were dancing from the start! Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/09/2012

Jennifer · Married on 06/23/2012

Top Tier rocked! The band was just wonderful. We had so many positive comments about them from our guests! They sounded great, and they kept the party going until the very end! They are an exceptional band, and we would suggest them to anyone needing a band.

Sent on 07/09/2012

Amber · Married on 06/22/2012

Awesome band. Wonderful communication! If I had to do it over again, would hire them again!

Sent on 06/26/2012

Melissa · Married on 06/09/2012

Top Tier was wonderful! They were extremely accommodating & friendly. Our guests loved them & everyone enjoyed listening to them & dancing! We loved the "Top Tier Cheers", too! Never seen a base guitar used as a limbo stick, but they did it & it was great! They even let me (the bride) get on stage & play along with them! We highly recommend Top Tier if you are looking for a fun & entertaining band for any occasion!

Sent on 06/17/2012

Laura · Married on 05/19/2012

Top Tier was absolutely amazing! They were great to work with and always promptly replied to my emails - even when I sent them in the middle of the night! They played every song I wanted to hear, there was not a single one I didn't want to dance to! They really got the crowd into it and it made for an amazing reception. I'm still getting compliments about the band and how amazing they were.

Sent on 06/04/2012

Kristin · Married on 05/05/2012

Top tier was a delight to work with. Booking was super easy and staying in touch with them via prime source was just as convienient. They were able to learn several signs for us to make our day special but also have an extensive play list to keep everyone on the dance floor. I had no idea how much fun our wedding was going to be and I think we have top tier to thank! Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/13/2012

Jill · Married on 03/17/2012

Top Tier was awesome! They were great to work with, responded quickly to questions, were very flexible. They are wonderful! Such a great band. The music is great, they are fun, and engage the crowd. Many guests said they were the best band they had every heard and were so much fun! I highly recomend them! Jill Butler Hightower- bride on 3/17/12

Sent on 03/29/2012

Lauren · Married on 12/10/2011

Top Tier was so great! JD was the best person to work with, he was truly a breath of fresh air for me when it came to my wedding vendors. He really made me feel like my wedding reception was important to him, and not just another gig. His goal was to make my reception run smoothly and make sure my husband and I and all of our guests had an awesome time, and he did both of those things. The band was so much fun! They interacted with the crowd, and accommodated all of my special requets. Such a great decision!

Sent on 05/16/2012

Carol · Married on 10/02/2011

Top Tier was the band we hired for our wedding at the Belle Meade Plantation in Nashville, TN. They were fantastic and we had so much fun dancing to their music! They kept us all dancing to a variety of music and were immensely enjoyed by all ages! Amy, the lead singer, was wonderful! She interacted with the crowd and had everyone involved. We had many compliments from our guests on behalf of the band. Top Tier is definitely a wonderful choice for a wedding band. They are very organized, respond to emails quickly, have a day of information sheet, so there aren't any surprises. They arrived on time, did a souind check before the guests arrived and were ready to announce the bridal party and rock the night away with all of us after the ceremony.

Sent on 10/24/2011

Lauren · Married on 10/01/2011

Top Tier could not have been more amazing at our huge wedding! They were wonderful, fun, talkative, and really made the wedding a great time. We have received SO many compliments since about how great our band was and have had many of our guests say that the band was the best band they have ever heard at a wedding. My husband and I couldn't have been happier with our choice in Top Tier and would recommend them to anyone. Thank you so much for fulfilling all of our expectations and going above and beyond!!!!!!!

Sent on 11/03/2011

Alina · Married on 09/17/2011

We are from Ohio and when we were looking for a band for our daughter's wedding in Nashville, we were totally at a loss. So I hired Top Tier totally based on recommendations from other brides- and wow were they right! Top Tier far exceeded any expectations I could have possibly had. They had the crowd on the dance floor from the very first song until the very last! They came unto the floor and interacted with the crowd, and they were the nicest people you could ever have asked for. Their professionalism was over the top. I would hire them for another event without even thinking twice! They absolutely made the reception one people won't forget soon. I can't even tell you how many people came to us during and after the reception to tell us that this was the best band they had ever heard. If anyone is looking for a wonderful dance band for any event that is made up of the nicest people ever, don't even give it any other thought- just book Top Tier. We are so thankful we did!!!BTW, we paid extra to have the saxophone player, and very glad we did. Alina Hurley Ironton, Ohio

Sent on 09/19/2011

Catherine · Married on 06/25/2011

Top Tier was absolutely amazing throughout the entire planning and wedding process! They kept my dance floor full the entire night! They were quick to respond to emails and very accomodating with anything I needed. They even sent encouraging words the days before the wedding. I had not heard of them from anyone but just found them online so it was a gamble to book them but man did it pay off! I was able to tell them the songs I preferred them play and they gave an amazing party! I have had several guests ask for their information to book them for their own parties/ weddings. They also did a great job learning my first dance songs. They had a fantastic stage presence, a perfect mix of performers but still kept it professional and it did not feel like they were putting on a concert- just keeping everyone super happy! They are very talented performers!

Sent on 07/14/2011

Martha · Married on 06/18/2011

This is the band! Professional, easy to communicate with, and most importantly a fantastic sound with a great song selection. Top Tier knew the songs to play and created a fun, happy, everybody dance mood! Everyone at the event remarked about what a great band they were. By the end of the evening, they had become part of our family of friends. They truly love what they do, and the result creates an atmosphere where everyone has a great time, gets up and dances, and becomes part of the celebration! Hiring them was the easiest part of the wedding plans, hire them and forget it because they are dependable and take care of business. Super people, super music, and great entertainers!
    M. Sharp, Athens, AL

Sent on 06/22/2011

Lynn · Married on 06/11/2011

Top Tier was awesome! The guests never left the dance floor and we got so many comments about how good they were. They took requests and played those songs just as well as those they had on the setlist. The band really engaged the crowd and you could see they were having as much fun as we were. I would highly recommend this band if you want to have the best party in town! Five Stars all the way!

Sent on 06/14/2011

Amanda · Married on 10/23/2010

Top Tier was the perfect band for my wedding and did an all-around amazing job! They were so personable and made me feel at ease with all the questions I had leading up to my wedding day. They brought so much fun and excitement to my wedding and had people dancing all night! I'm so lucky to have found Top Tier!

Sent on 11/24/2010

Amit · Married on 00/00/0000

These guys were great! Very easy to communicate with, and their music was fantastic. They were prompt at our wedding and very courteous. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 04/20/2017

Joe · Married on 03/24/2018

These guys are very very musically talented and unbelievable in handling the business and question side. Send an email and get a response usually in minutes. They were prompt, professional and really, really good. The band is great and the videos did not do justice to their live performance. Give the highest recommendation to J D and the whole Top Tier group.

Sent on 03/28/2018

Top Tier Band & DJ Service's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words and wonderful review, Joe! We truly appreciate it! We had a fantastic time playing for Katie and Adam's wedding. Wishing you and the newlyweds all the best!

Melinda · Married on 11/16/2013

JD and Top Tier band were FABULOUS! They absolutely made our wedding reception. We chose them (the 5 piece version) basically sight unseen because they were within our budget and they have an extensive and diverse catalogue of songs. Little did we know we would get more than we paid for in the best way possible. Not only did they have such great energy and level of performance, but they also went above and beyond for us to make sure our wedding truly felt like it was our party: they learned a new song for us, tailored one of their existing songs to fit our desires, and they even let some of our friends get up to sing our first dance. Our guests had an absolute blast, and so did we. I cannot say enough good things about them. I would highly recommend them to anyone who wants to have a rock star band without needing to sell an organ to pay for it. They are the best.

Thank you, JD and Top Tier! Thank you for making our wedding reception fun and memorable.

Sent on 11/25/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 11/17/2012

Top Tier was absolutely fantastic and our crowd danced the whole night. They even brought out a limbo!

They were flexible with songs we wanted - we copied their playlist and highlighted the songs that we'd like to be played and we gave them an ipod with songs to play during breaks. We loved the music and our parents' friends loved the goldie oldies.

The only thing I would make sure to do would be to make sure to coordinate to have some type of music playing in the background when the bridal party was introduced.

Sent on 11/20/2012

Jenna · Married on 06/15/2019

Top Tier Band

JD and Top Tier were by far one of the best vendors I worked with throughout my wedding planning process. Not only were they responsive, professional, and helpful, but they offered assistance in suggesting first dance songs and even learned two songs for us, before the wedding, so we didn’t have to use a track. They made sure to keep our guests entertained and had everyone dancing the entire night. Our reception would not have been the same without them.

Sent on 06/24/2019

Top Tier Band & DJ Service's reply:

Jenna, thank you for the wonderful review! We sure appreciate you hiring Top Tier and taking the time to leave a review. We had a fantastic time playing for your wedding and wish you and Alex all the best!

Angie · Married on 05/21/2017

4.2
      3.5

My planner suggested I use Prime Source to find a wedding band for my destination wedding in Nashville last month. We were provided at least a dozen options, but Top Tier became an early favorite. We shopped around a bit, considered not hiring a typical wedding band, hemmed and hawed, but finally chose Top Tier because my planner had been to a wedding they played at and said they were very good. Plus of course there were all the great online reviews...

Once I decided on Top Tier, I knew I had chosen the right band! JD was so super helpful with creating the song list, choosing specific songs for ceremony and reception, and helping me create a playlist for the dinner seating. He was a dream to work with and his engagement with my questions/concerns/comments leading up to the big day gave me complete confidence that Top Tier would do a good job at the event.

I walked down the aisle to Jimi Hendrix' Little Wing, which was like a dream come true - thank you JD and crew! And the rest was just as perfect. Our guests loved the band, danced a lot, and had a merry old time! The band accommodated even some very unusual requests!!

At first I was disappointed that the front lady in the videos wasn't the female lead singer for our event, but so many of our guests loved the voice of the woman who was singing, that it didn't matter in the slightest.

Everything was perfect, and Top Tier totally delivered! Book Them!

Sent on 06/21/2017
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 04/18/2020

2.0

Great Until I Had to Postpone due to COVID-19

I hired Top Tier Band for my April 2020 wedding, and leading up until mid-March they were great with planning. Unfortunately, I had to postpone my wedding until August due to COVID-19. I was limited with dates for for the postponement, and they were already booked for the date I had to choose. I was not refunded my deposit, or even a portion of it. A global pandemic that was beyond my control forced me to change my wedding (which is extremely emotional), but essentially I "cancelled" on them and lost my whole deposit.

Sent on 03/25/2020

Top Tier Band & DJ Service's reply:

Hi Ashley, we're very sorry about the situation, but there were a few other factors involved. The deposit was for the band and Top Tier Events wedding planning service. That's why there wasn't an additional deposit added to that contract. Carolyn had already been working with you for a month prior, and had the basic timeline already done. We also drove over 4 hours total to meet with you on March 12th, do a walk through, and discuss logistics. We gave you many open date options around the date you ultimately chose. I even passed on booking another client for September 5th since I had that date held for you for a few days. We know it's a very stressful time and the postponement was out of your control. Once again we're very sorry that none of our open dates worked for you. We wish you, Martin, and your wonderful families all the best! It was a pleasure meeting you all!