Top Tier Cakery Reviews

62 | Traverse City, MI

62 Reviews for Top Tier Cakery

Heather · event on: 01/13/2013

Her cakes are fantastic...not only yummy but beautiful! I was amazed at what she did with the decoration of each cake we had for our company programs. She is very creative and very professional! I would highly recommend Top Tier Cakery for all events!

Sent on 03/09/2013

Gordon · event on: 10/05/2012

We've enjoyed celebrating birthdays, weddings, anniversaries and events with friends literally all over the world and there is simply no one like Nancy Collard at Top Tier Cakery with the passion, artistry and intensity of creativity and commitment to making a cake extraordinary. Nancy has designed, baked and delivered eleven cakes for us over the last five years and we're eagerly looking forward to ordering number twelve! We can't say enough about how remarkable her designs are -- and how delicious the cakes are for the palette as well as the eye! Nancy is truly brilliant and her Top Tier Cakery creations are always memorable favorites!!

Gordon Riddle Pennington
    New York, New York and Owosso, Michigan

Sent on 03/09/2013

Kim · Married on 07/15/2011

Our 7 tier wedding cake was absolutely AMAZING!! As well as the the one of a kind grooms cake. No other bakery could have delivered such artistic perfection, and I'm more than particular! I highly recommend Top Tier Cakery.

Sent on 11/14/2012

Top Tier Cakery's reply:

I absolutely loved collaborating with you in designing your cakes, and they were a joy to make! Still two of my favorites.

Daniel · event on: 07/18/2014

Top Tier made the cake for my father's 70th birthday. I was looking for a custom design that including icing sculptures (camping/fishing scene with both parents and kids represented). We discussed what I wanted via email/phone and they took it from there. They really did a great job even given my poor visualization of the design.

In addition to being creative and beautiful, the cake tasted great.

Opal · Married on 08/18/2017

Top Tier Cakery provided a beautiful and neat cake for my Wedding at Castle Farms. Nancy was friendly, professional and was also very helpful in sharing ideas with me through this entire process to create the beautiful cake that I was hoping for. The cake smelled so pleasantly delicious and my guests were amazed at the detail and designs on the cake. I highly recommend Top Tier Cakery. The pricing was good also.

Sent on 09/01/2017
  • User4698865 · event on: 12/26/2014

The cake was a perfect size and very delicious.

Sent on 01/14/2015

Everything from ordering the cake via email and phone, to delivery, surpassed expectation!

Sent on 01/15/2015

Absolutely incredible! I would definitely recommend Top Tier Cakery for any and all of your special events! Nancy was so easy to work with, and I had a lot of fun designing and planning my wedding cake with her. She was especially patient, and always provided great suggestions and feedback. The cake was delicious and all of our guests loved it!! She truly did make us our dream wedding cake, and we want to thank her from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 02/17/2015

Top Tier Cakery's reply:

Thank you for your review and kind comments. I always want to serve my brides to the very best of my ability and and not only meet but exceed their expectations whenever possible. To that end, please tell me in what way you would have liked me to be more flexible in order to earn five stars from you rather than four.
  • kelly

Kelly · Married on 08/23/2014

Simply exactly what I wanted and we never even met. Everything done over computer and phone. Nancy was a breath of fresh air knowing I didnt have to worry about another thing for the wedding day!

Sent on 01/15/2015

My daughter saw a photo of a cake that she wanted for her wedding, and Top Tier Cakery was able to replicate it perfectly. Email communication was prompt and clear, and the cake was exactly what my daughter wanted, looked and tasted great. It was different from typical wedding cakes ( a S'Mores cake, complete with marshmallows, chunks of chocolate and crumbled graham cracker decorations), and looked fabulous.

• User4698443 · event on: 07/05/2014

Beautiful, delicious cake. My husband loved the fisherman/fishing theme. At the end of the party, not even a crumb was left.

Sent on 01/14/2015

Amanda B. · Married on 08/03/2019

Beautiful and delicious sweet treats

Nancy was a joy to work with, start to finish! We selected a four tier semi-naked cake, and a variety of desserts for a dessert bar. The cake was moist and delicious! Our only complaint was that you could see a bit of cardboard on each tier. Our guests raved about the dessert bar for days. We would definitely recommend Nancy to anyone looking to sweeten up their wedding or special event.

Sent on 08/10/2019