Top Shelf Weddings & Events Reviews

27 | Madison, WI

27 Reviews for Top Shelf Weddings & Events

1 User photo

Nathan · Married on 09/19/2009

Angela was fantastic. She helped us plan our wedding from beggining to end in 4.5 months. Angela was always available to answer questions, provide excellant advise and meet with us personally on a pretty regular basis. Angela has an excellant knowledge of the wedding industry and saved us a ton of time putting us in touch of vendors that were exactly what we were looking for and in the price range that we were looking for. Angela has excellant taste and can plan anything from a small simple wedding to a large elegant wedding. Angela was excellant under pressure and kept us calm and on task throughout the planning process. The one thing that really impressed me about Angela is that she was extremely organized and payed attention to all the details. Even though she was planning other weddings during the time she was helping us she was always on top of our wedding and never confused our details with any of her other weddings. Angela takes great pride in her work and does not just look at it as a job. Angela understands that this is a once in a life time day and she did everything she could to ensure that this day was special and went off with out a hitch. We couldn't have asked for anything more from Angela. She helped us make our wedding perfect and we can't thank her enough.

Sent on 10/11/2009

Brittany · Married on 06/25/2016

0.8
      2.0
      1.0
      0.5

Initially, I chatted with Rachel over the phone and made a verbal agreement for contract, The following day I was told that someone else booked and she would not be able to coordinate my wedding, however, her associate would be able to do it. We had a couple meetings to organize and plan the day, down to the minute, but never met her associate Maggie until our final meeting, a couple weeks prior to the event. I noticed typos in almost every document, and updates I made never got put into the final itinerary which ended up causing us an additional $100 from a vendor after our wedding because he never got the itinerary. The day of the wedding came, the girls arrived on time and got to work setting up the venue. If this was the only job I had hired Top Shelf for it would have been great. They did a great job of putting my diagram into action and making the tent look the way I had envisioned. However, when it came to the execution of coordinating it fell apart. I made a small change to the ceremony to help with the kid problem which never got relayed to the the family's son, my mom was helping direct people and places, my bridesmaids had to deal with things missed in set up, and sorting through my stuff after that day, saw things literally shoved and thrown in boxes, plus a myriad of other things. I am limited in characters for this review or I would go on. I brought my concerns to her after the day and she provided me nothing more than an apology, justifications for poor service, and asked if I had any more questions. I definitely don't have any more questions and I would NEVER recommend this vendor to someone needing coordinating services on their wedding. This was something we sacrificed to invest in and I feel cheated with the money I spent on this.

Sent on 07/15/2016

Top Shelf Weddings & Events's reply:

Hi Brittany,

I am so sorry you had a bad experience with my associates on your wedding day and had frustrations leading up to your wedding. I had no idea – until reading this review -- that you were frustrated with initially booking my services, the itinerary or meeting Maggie. And I definitely had no idea that another vendor didn’t receive the itinerary and it cost you an extra $100. If I had known about any of these frustrations or miscommunications, I would have worked quickly to address and fix them.

Upon receiving your email after the wedding detailing the miscommunication and problems that arose on-site, I immediately spoke with my associates and addressed the issues with them. Based on our last correspondence, I thought I had worked with you to find a satisfactory resolution, but I am always open to further communication, so please don't hesitate to contact me to discuss your concerns.

Again, I sincerely apologize that you had a bad experience with Top Shelf Weddings, and I wish you nothing but the best.