Top Shelf Bartending Service Reviews

75 | Lees Summit, MO

75 Reviews for Top Shelf Bartending Service

1 User photo

Lacey · Married on 08/18/2012

Justin and Erin were a total dream to work with! They gave us exactly what we wanted and helped us get it at a reasonable price! My husband and I both had signature drinks, and every guest was raving about them! :) Thanks guys!! We are so thankful for vendors like you! You seriously helped make our wedding perfect!

Sent on 08/22/2012

Great prices and great service! Wouldn't choose anyone else for bartending! Very flexible with my parents and guests requests for various drinks.

Sent on 08/27/2012

Sarah · Married on 07/28/2012

Best bartending service, I could have asked for. I could not be more thankful for someone suggesting Top Shelf to me, thus I am recommending them to others.

Sent on 08/24/2012

Both Justin and Erin were great to work with when planning our wedding reception. They were very professional and the cost was so reasonable.

Sent on 07/23/2012

Working with Top Shelf was great, they were always quick to respond to my questions, easy to work with and on the day of the wedding delivered great service. Top Shelf was always looking out for my our best interest financially and I really appreciated that. During our reception we actually ran out of vodka (a hot summer day and lemonade mixers will do that!) and they quickly fixed the issue without me even knowing! All our guests had a wonderful time and a big part of that has to do with the friendly service of Top Shelf.

Sent on 07/10/2012

Top Shelf Bartending was so easy to work with. They were very flexible and worked very close with us and our budget to make our wedding reception amazing! The bartenders were very professional and on top of the event the entire night! Great vendor to work with!!

Sent on 08/21/2012

Fernando · Married on 06/01/2012

I have DJ'd over 50 receptions where Top Shelf Bartending Services was hired as the alcohol provider and for bartending services. I can personally say that they are far and above the most professional, friendly bartenders in the industry. They treat every bride & groom and their guests very respectfully, and go above and beyond to make sure the bar runs smoothly the entire event. I was so impressed with Justin and Erin that I hired Top Shelf for my own wedding reception this year. They did a great job as expected and I would highly recommend Top Shelf to anyone.

Sent on 06/07/2012

Andrew · Married on 04/14/2012

Justin & Erin from Top Shelf Bartending were the best vendors we had (and we had an amazing team of vendors). From the first contact with them, we received quick personal responses with clear answers to our many questions. Others we reached out to were vague & not helpful - certainly not the case with Top Shelf, who worked with us to make sure we had a wide variety of drink options that would fit within our budget.
    Aside from budget, our biggest worry was about running out of alcohol. So many of our friends told us horror stories about other vendors in KC not bringing enough to the reception causing all sorts of chaos & stress on the couple & family. We expressed our concerns to Justin & Erin, they assured us there would be plenty on hand, and they came through perfectly.
    Everything from choosing the right wine options (we ended up with two levels of reds & two levels of whites, plus a sparkling for toasts), to selecting the type & quantity of kegs (domestics & a local brew), to picking the right quality of liquor (we opted for a moderate level - not the cheap stuff, but no Grey Goose either); Justin & Erin guided us through the process effortlessly.
    As a groom who was heavily involved in several parts of our wedding's vendor management, I can say that I did not find a better team to work with across the various vendors on our team (photog, videog, caterer, event managers, musicians, & others) or even other vendors who we contacted for information. They were 100% professional and understand the business. Like every other part of wedding planning, it is a business, and Justin & Erin have the education & experience to understand that making great relationships and making their customers happy will yield 10x better long-term success to grow an amazing business & reputation for themselves. I have recommended them to all of our engaged friends.

Sent on 07/03/2012

Lindsay · Married on 12/10/2011

Erin and Justin were awesome! We appreciated everything they did for us to make it the most special day. We met with them and figured out what we needed and they had great suggestions that we hadn't even thought about as well. The day of the wedding everything was done as they had said it would be and we enjoyed having them be a part of our special day. Thanks so much! Lindsay and Cole

Sent on 01/26/2012
  • Audrey

Audrey · Married on 10/29/2011

Top Shelf was accomodating to every request, responded within 24 hours to questions, was more than professional and the guests had nothing but good things to say about the service!

Sent on 11/01/2011

Debbie · Married on 10/01/2011

Excellent service, fair price, insured, law enforcement back ground which provides peace of mind to wedding party and host, very responsive, we ran out of wine and beer early and they had additional beverages delivered within 20 minutes - the guests never knew. They we fun and delightful to work with and worked well with the other vendors. Clean up was spotless.

Sent on 10/06/2011
  • MoreMoore

Angie · Married on 11/04/2017

Top Shelf was absolutely fantastic to work with. While planning our wedding, we really had no idea what hiring a bartender would be like. However, through our entire year of planning, we worked with Bre in the office and adapted or changed our bar menu several times. She was a pleasure to communicate with every single time. She also had great ideas and her professional expertise and advice was very useful. (Trust me - when she makes a suggestion, it is based on experience - you should listen to her!)

The day of the wedding, Tiffany arrived to bartend at our event. I can't explain enough how amazing she was! Everyone just loved her. She kept the lines down and handled everything so efficiently and wonderfully! We truly enjoyed sharing our day with her! Other vendors even commented on her skills.

I cannot recommend Top Shelf enough. Not only is their service Top notch - they charge wholesale prices for alcohol since they also have a liquor store. I simply couldn't believe how affordable they were!

Thank you to Top Shelf, Bre, and Tiffany for making our wedding reception such a wonderful event!!

Sent on 11/15/2017

More than I could have asked for! Kimberly was our server for our big day, she kept my new husband and my interests a priority to make sure it was the best day she could make it. My BIL likes to indulge too much, and she cut him off so he wouldn't make a complete fool of himself and 'crash' my big day. My family has come to expect this kind of behavior from him, so we just deal with it, but she was looking out for us & is much appreciated. Next time I need to get my family and friends drunk, I will be calling on Top Shelf to serve them up!

TIP: Before the event started, she asked if we had any special requests, & I requested my drinks be diluted so I wouldn't be falling over (like my good 'ol BIL), best thing I could have ever done! I was able to keep a drink in my hand all night and to be able to toast & look like I was partying down with everyone else while keeping myself together like a 'proper' woman.

Sent on 04/06/2015

Robert · Married on 10/26/2013

This is the way to go when looking for someone to handle your beverage needs for a wedding. Hotels will charge you an arm and a leg for bottle service and other drinks. The folks at Top Shelf were so amenable that we used them twice for our wedding needs to include the rehearsal dinner. What was left over simply was taken from that night to use the next at the reception and they went out of their way to find wines that our daughter and her soon-to-be husband liked. The bartenders were courteous and seemed pleased to be at our happy occasion and we would gladly give Top Shelf top billing. Bob and Maggie Moore

Sent on 11/06/2013

Allison · Married on 04/07/2017

Top Shelf was very easy to work with. At first I only planned to use them for bartending, but decided to have them provide the alcohol as well. I thought I could save money by getting it myself, but as the day got closer I realized I'd rather have the peace of mind of someone else taking care of everything versus saving a few dollars. I didn't spend much time at the bar, but my guests were very pleased with the service. I'd highly recommend Top Shelf!

Sent on 04/13/2017

Keri · Married on 04/01/2016

Top shelf did the bar for my 50th birthday. They provided all the set up, liquor, license. One stop shop. We're willing to just do the local brews I wanted. Didn't insist I have other wine etc. charged on consumption instead of a fixed price per person which was great since 10 who rsvpd didn't show. Our bartender was very personable - Kimberly and helpful.

Sent on 04/05/2016
  • User4393206 · event on: 08/30/2014

Had the great fortune to have been recommended to Top Shelf Bartending for a very important event I was planning and the whole team was great. They went out of their way to help make my event perfect - from finding linens I needed at the (very) last minute, to the excellent signature drink ( white peach sangria - total hit!), to the fantastic Bartender (Becky), to the quick and easy set-up and take down. I will absolutely use them again and they have my sincere recommendation!

Sent on 09/11/2014

We loved our bartender, Katie, at our reception! She was attentive & made sure I always had my favorite beer in hand. Top Shelf's prices were very reasonable & it was so nice to not have to worry about bringing in my own alcohol. Top Shelf didn't always promptly respond to my emails & I felt their professionalism lacked some. But overall we had a great experience with Top Shelf.

Sent on 01/21/2014

Top Shelf Bartending Service's reply:

We're sorry you felt we lacked professionalism. I wish you had expanded more on this and it says this was from "annonymous" so I don't even know who you are or how to respond to that. There are certain times of the year, the holidays (engagement season) where our e-mail inbox explodes and we can't always answer right away. However, we are glad you were very happy with Katie as she is an awesome member of our team! Thanks for using our services!

Becky · Married on 04/27/2013

Justin and Erin are awesome to work with. We had a wonderful visit to their facility to discuss all the details (wine / beer options, glassware, timing, signature cocktails, costs, ect.). They were very open and practiced good communication. I would recommend them to anyone needing bartending and alcohol service.

Thank you for the outstanding service!

Sent on 05/09/2013

Melissa · Married on 05/12/2012

Top Shelf was great to work with. Very flexible with our special requests, and they kept our guests' glasses full and happy!

Sent on 05/31/2012

Kara · Married on 06/15/2013

3.0

Our signature drinks turned out great and the bartenders did a great job and they kept the lines going so everyone got their drink quickly.

Sent on 08/20/2013
  • W

Wesley · Married on 04/14/2018

4.2

Thank you so much to Top Shelf's management and bartending staff for their service, professionalism, and flexibility in our event planning and execution. We had a large contingent of children and expecting mothers at our reception, so the flexibility in developing a list of "mocktails" with us to accompany the planned cocktail menu was especially accommodating to us and our situation. Both the management in planning, and the serving staff at the event, were extremely pleasant and patient with the large crowds and vast drink menus. Cheers!

Sent on 04/19/2018

dennis · Married on 10/07/2017

4.2

We used Top Shelf for my daughter's wedding. I looked at all competitors and options and came back to Top Shelf. We did a cash bar but provided beer and wine. Top Shelf did an excellent job setting up, bartenders were very professional, and they took care of everything on the clean up end. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 10/19/2017

2.4
      2.0
      3.0
      2.0

Very displeased with the service, we specially asked for water to be provided as our catering company did not provide water, Top Shelf said no problem. Day of they only showed up with one pitcher for water for 135 people, I had to call the store and they wanted to charge me $50 service fee to come back out and for the bottles of water. How is 1 pitcher of water acceptable for 135 people when we specially asked for water to be provided? The associate at top shelf (Erin) that we spoke with was very rude. We also attended a friend's wedding using Top Shelf and saw the bartender drinking while serving guest very unprofessional.

Sent on 07/22/2015

Top Shelf Bartending Service's reply:

It's very unfortunate that you felt the need to leave such a negative review. I think it’s clear by our other multiple 5 star reviews that this is not the norm for our company and there was clearly a miscommunication on the "water". To provide the type of water service you were expecting there would have been an additional fee of which you had seen the invoice prior to paying and did not mention there being no “water service” included. We always bring a pitcher of water and do complimentary water service from the bar at no cost. In regards to one of our staff drinking on the job I can assure you that is not allowed and will not be tolerated. They are allowed to have a Sprite or a Coke while working so I am assuming that is what you witnessed.
  • User3217108 · event on: 04/20/2013

0.6
      0.5
      0.0

I hired Top Shelf Bartending for my reception because I was referred to them. I have had nothing but problems with them from the start. The communication is horrible, they over charge on their invoices so make sure you review it closely, they show up in jeans to a upscale wedding reception and there is some hidden costs they forget to tell you about. My specialty drinks were not what I ordered and they use the cheapest liquor.

I would never recommend them to anyone. The owners wife needs an attitude adjustment.

0 stars

Sent on 04/24/2013

Top Shelf Bartending Service's reply:

Wow, this makes me laugh. I would assume this was written by our competition because we have NEVER shown up to a wedding reception in jeans. I know that for a fact! We are nothing but professional. I'm guessing this isn't a real client since you weren't brave enough to put your name or your wedding date. We have never had anyone this unhappy or they would have talked to us through e-mail or phone. We don't use cheap liquor unless the client approves it. WHy would anyone even do that? Our signatures drinks have always received rave reviews! It's pretty sad that someone is so jealous of our success that they have stooped to this level. Nice try though!