Top of the Town Reviews

Top of the Town 5
Top of the Town 6
Top of the Town 7

Mike · event on 05/26/2011

The staff at Top of the Town were great to work with. They were very flexible with the times we needed as we were trying to work around a funeral at Arlington National Cemetery. The view is incredible, and the venue is very easily accessible with convenient parking. I highly recommend it!

Sent on 02/20/2014

Carley · Married on 05/13/2011

As many of the other reviews have indicated, the most amazing part about this venue is the view over DC. It's just as special for out-of-town guests as people who have lived in/around DC for years. The evening of our event it was fairly cloudy but it cleared away as the lights came on over the city, which was beautiful. As a travel agent, I also thought it was appropriate to see the planes coming in and out of DCA. The outdoor patio/veranda is beautiful and our guests loved having some fresh air even though it got chilly. We had great experiences working with Kate, even making changes such as extending our event time to go an hour later. The entrance is a bit unusual with the one elevator, but we didn't have any problems (partially because our guests arrived at different times since they weren't coming from a ceremony -- we'd gotten married in Jamaica the week before). It's great that the venue has private parking right across the street and it's also only about a 10 minute walk from Rosslyn metro. Great hotel options nearby and it makes a great base area for guests who want to do sightseeing. The venue is very reasonably priced considering the quality of the space and everything that's already included. I have no complaints -- I wouldn't have asked for any more from Top of the Town. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/16/2011

C · Married on 04/17/2011

Top of the Town has it all: a beautiful venue with an amazing view of Washington DC and exceptional staff. I worked with Joan exclusively leading up to the wedding and Allison on the day of the wedding. They both bend over backwards to make sure you get everything you want. I sent so many emails to them trying to get everything coordinated and they always came back with responsive emails with great ideas. They handled the quirks of our event with grace. I can definitely see why it's such a popular venue. I must mention how wonderful Allison is. She is easy going and amazing at her job. I would have been very nervous all day if I didn't have her with me keeping us on track and assuring me that everything was great. She pitched in with everything: setting up decorations, getting beverages, doing make-up. Everyone who was in contact with her had only wonderful things to say. Whatever she's being paid, it should be doubled. If you want an elegant venue with smart, well-trained staff, please choose Top of the Town.

Sent on 04/19/2011

Jennifer · Married on 04/15/2011

The staff at TOTT are amazing professionals. You fall in love with the view and the price is affordable in comparison to other wedding locations without the amazing DC skyline view. We had an evening wedding so we had day light, sun set and then the night time view of the monuments - it was absolutely perfect. We had some issues with our caterer during our event and without the TOTT team it would have been disastrous. Only down side is that there is no kitchen so highly recommend using a caterer who is familiar with the site. We hope to use it for our 50th wedding anniversary :)

Sent on 06/14/2011

Kathleen · Married on 03/26/2011

Top of the Town is an amazing venue for a reception.
    Kate and her team were professional and patient with us (we were planning for our daughter and future son-in-law while they were in Iraq and then back in Georgia). We relayed questions and answers back and forth for about 10 months. They endured a few short-fused requests for us to re-visit the room to sort out some of our questions.
    We had even arranged for some younger friends of the family to leave the wedding ceremony early to set up our "personalized" centerpieces on the tables. When they arrived to do their job, they were surprised that Kate and her team had already done it for them. After the reception, she was right there to help pack them for us so that we could take them home.
    All of our guests felt that Top of the Town was absolutely the perfect spot in the DC area for a reception. They loved looking at the monuments in the daylight, into the dusk and through the evening.
    We have already highly recommended Kate and the rest of the staff to our friends who have children marrying in the near future.

Sent on 06/29/2011

G · Married on 11/12/2010

A guest summed it up nicely: "I have never been to a classier wedding reception - ever." The Top of the Town dresses up any wedding reception. We even showed up two hours early to our reception in order to get some shots on the roof before the sun went down, surprising everyone (and not in a good way!) and the staff managed the rest of the catering and event staff flawlessly- looking after us and ensuring that we were comfortable. Thank you to the staff - we have received so many rave reviews!!!

Sent on 11/16/2010

Laila · Married on 08/20/2010

Everybody we worked with at Top of the Town was amazing! They were so helful and made positive suggestions. It was a delight working with them for the reception. We loved it so much, my brother is using them for his wedding next year!

Sent on 11/14/2010

Marissa · Married on 07/17/2010

Top of the town has a beautiful view; the cost is well worth it; especially if you have out of town guests. They get a gorgeous view of the DC monuments and buildings without having to go anywhere. Joan Voss was very responsive to my emails and everything went smoothly the night of the wedding. Perfect location!

Sent on 08/03/2010
  • grace

grace · Married on 06/19/2010

The first word that come to mind when we think of our wedding reception at Top of the Town was "wow"! We honestly cannot think of a better place to have a wedding reception than at Top of the Town. The view was spectacular and we constantly heard from our family and friends how amazed they were at the panoramic view of D.C. It was particularly enjoyable to see the look of amazment on the faces of those who aren't from the immediate area. However, Top of the Town was more than just a great view, the staff was just as amazing. Their professionalism, attention to detail, and flexibility made them a joy to work with. They took it upon themselves to make sure our wedding reception was just perfect. The guests at our wedding still talk about what a great venue it was and really just made our day that much more memorable. If your looking for a place to hold your event that will keep your guests raving, Top of the Town is it!

Sent on 07/15/2010

Top of the Town's reply:

Thank you Grace! You were a joy to work with. Best wishes to you! Joan and Kate

Heather · Married on 05/22/2010

The venue was beautiful and all of the staff were very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this venue for a reception

Sent on 06/23/2010

Top of the Town's reply:

Thank you, thank you Heather! We appriciate the kind words. All the best to you. Kate and Joan

Susanna · Married on 04/19/2009

Top of the Town was perfect for our reception. The view is amazing and is the only decoration needed, but the chandeliers and fixtures add an elegant touch. We were able to negotiate a lower rate by booking a Sunday night and having fewer than 100 guests. Joan was always quick to respond to my emails and phone calls and they had no problem with us dropping off items for the caterer two days in advance of our reception. Highly recommended!

Sent on 04/28/2009

J · Married on 11/08/2008

This was the most amazing view in DC. It was worth the 40 minute drive from Maryland to have our reception here.

Sent on 12/02/2008

Amber · Married on 01/04/2008

I had an engagement party and planned a corporate event at Top Of The Town, in addition to attending multiple events at this BEAUTIFUL facility. Kate and her team always do an exceptional job, whether it's a small intimate event or a big blow-out! The view is unlike any other in the DC area. What more could you ask for?? A beautiful facility, wonderful staff and the best views in town! It's the perfect place for an elegant party or a "down home" July 4 party!
    ~Amber

Sent on 04/28/2008

Michele · Married on 06/02/2007

The staff at Top of the Town (TOTT) were extremely friendly, professional, and provided great quality of service. Although sometimes difficult to get a person on the phone, TOTT provided a great venue for my ceremony and reception. I got so many comments from my guests that I couldn't have chosen a better place. The view was spectacular and the ballroom perfect. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 06/19/2007

Layvette · Married on 08/26/2006

This venue is great for the money, the view the staff and the location is outstanding. The staff was available for questions and was willing to show the venue everytime I needed to show someone and they were knowledgeable about the area and provided helpful do's and don'ts. But I would recommend that if you are interested in this place please put your deposit down ASAP because they can book up to 2 events a day and its first come first serve for the time and cater. I was lucky enough to pay my deposit first, so the wedding party behind me had to use the same cater I did. I wasnt told this during the contract process. I learned about this when I was approached by the other wedding party wedding coordinator who wanted me to switch caters at the last minute. Which was definitely out of the question since there cater was charging 150 a head!

Sent on 02/02/2007

Jessica · Married on 04/28/2017

Top of the Town was the perfect location for our wedding reception. With the city of DC as your backdrop there is very little need for many decorations. The facility management was easy to work with and very responsive to our questions and inquiries. Night of the event, our manager was there to make sure everything ran smoothly and helped to keep us on time. Deposit was returned in a timely manner. I would def. recommend using this venue for any of your party needs.

Sent on 07/24/2017

Monica · Married on 06/12/2015

Top of the Town is the most stunning venue I've ever been to (and I'm not just saying that because we had our wedding there!). The team that we worked with was extremely professional and helpful in every way. They were very flexible when I needed accommodations to be made for vendor drop offs and bent over backwards to make sure everything worked out properly. They even let us construct our own overhead twinkle lights set up out on their patio! If you're going to rent a reception space for a wedding, why not rent one with arguably the best view of DC that you can find? My guests could not stop talking about how beautiful it was and taking pictures in front of the gorgeous skyline. Everything about this venue was incredible and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a venue in the DC area!

Sent on 07/01/2015

Raffaela · Married on 05/03/2015

Our wedding was May 2015, we had an amazing day here, the views our amazing, my family have never been to DC, and when they saw the amazing view, they were shocked. Inside the hall is so pretty, it went beautiful for our Hollywood theme wedding, I just loved this venue.
    The staff were very friendly and very professional, we just loved this place.

Sent on 05/25/2015
  • User4862495 · event on 03/06/2015

Engineers without Borders- DC hosted their first charity gala at Top of the Town and it was a great success thanks to the hospitality of everyone at Top of the Town. Everyone was very helpful during the planning phases since I had never put an event like this together before. And they were very accommodating when our linens were on backorder matching the price we were going to pay using Amazon. Combined with the view the space offers, our guests had a great time and I would highly recommend hosting any form of event here.

Sent on 04/02/2015

We had our reception at Top of the Town. The family that owns the venue was professional and helpful through the whole process. The view speaks for itself - having a about half our family and friends from out of town, this venue allowed us to show all our favorite people the city at a glance!

Sent on 01/24/2015

Samantha · Married on 07/20/2014

We had an afternoon reception at TOTT on Sunday and it did not disappoint. We searched high and low for an affordable venue (real affordable, not "DC" affordable) that didn't require expensive add-ons but still had a WOW factor and TOTT knocked it out of the park. We did a lot of DIY which required a little more coordination for the day-of deliveries but Joan was very accommodating throughout the process (especially when our DJ waited until the last minute to get his approval). Our guests were blown away by the views of DC and we were fortunate to have great weather so the outside terrace was a bonus! I highly recommend TOTT and their staff. Thank you for making our day memorable!

Sent on 07/22/2014

Barbara · event on 02/09/2014

I held my husband's memorial service here and my guests all commented that it was the perfect venue. Not only was the room elegant and the view superb, but the staff did everything I asked for. The caterer I chose from their list was excellent and also very cooperative and flexible.

Sent on 02/12/2014

evie · Married on 03/31/2012

ToTT is a perfect venue for a DC wedding. The view is gorgeous. ToTT will impress your guests - both the visitors and the locals. Kate Markham and Joan Voss gave us great suggestions - and helped us find perfect vendors who really knew ToTT. It is invaluable to select vendors who know the venue - strengths and limitations. ToTT's restrictions were very consistent with our wants. We didn't want jumping or rice throwing - and we appreciated ToTT provided lists of approved vendors. Definitely helped with our vendor selections. AND the large parking for our guests was an unexpected PLUS.

Both the ceremony and the reception were held at ToTT - made for a gorgeous evening as the sun set during the cocktail hour. We saw DC's skyline of monuments in sun, dusk, and evening light. We loved the chairs, dance floor, balcony, and amazing wall of windows. We fell in love with ToTT from the 1st time we saw the venue. We're still in love. Both our children are married - we now need to find another celebratory occasion so we can party there again.

Kate, Joan, and their staff shared a beautiful venue for the evening ... the wedding ceremony and reception were glorious. THANKS!

Sent on 04/12/2012

Kelly · Married on 03/17/2012

Top of the Town was fantastic! It has to be the most incredible view in the entire DC area! My husband and I had always loved the area right around Iwo Jima and the Netherlands Carillon so when we found Top of the Town we were pretty certain that's where we wanted to get married. One look at the view from Top of the Town and we were hooked. We booked the space right away for both our ceremony and our reception. The costs were much more reasonable than the other places we looked at in the area. Kate and Joan were very friendly and helpful in planning the details of the venue with us. The only tough part is that they do have specific lists of preferred vendors for certain things, but that list actually made my decisions easier (less choice) and I loved every single one of the vendors we used. So, no complaints here! We lucked out with the most gorgeous day in March and the view was phenomenal. Everything was set up beautifully. We were worried the space might be a bit tight (we had 150 guests) but it was really perfect. It didn't feel cramped to me at all. With the beautiful weather, we were able to put our bar on the outside terrace and use the terrace for the cocktail hour. Boy was that fantastic! People could not stop raving about the view (and still e-mail me about it)! Let me take a moment to also review our day-of vendor managers - Allison McCrae and Deb Prado. Wow, they were AMAZING! They always had smiles on their faces and helped make everything go so smoothly for our day. My family is still talking about how friendly and helpful they were! I highly recommend Top of the Town!

Sent on 03/27/2012

Jamie · Married on 08/05/2011

I absolutely loved Top of the Town for my wedding! Kate and Joan were very nice and very professional; they always made me feel that I could do whatever I wanted for my wedding. The day of my wedding, Allison actually was the floor manager, who I met the day of my rehearsal. She was very outgoing and fit my personality even better than Kate and Joan.

The venue is beautiful, perfect for someone who doesn't want to spend a lot on decorations. My guests all loved the view and spent the majority of the time on the patio when they weren't on the dance floor.

The only reason I marked down responsiveness is because I have not received my deposit back yet, but any time I needed anything before the wedding, Kate emailed me back immediately.

Sent on 08/23/2011