Top of the Town Reviews

Top of the Town 5
Top of the Town 6
Top of the Town 7
  • User5506436 · event on 09/11/2015

Top of the Town is an amazing venue. The space is just incredible with its views and outdoor terrace. The staff was very professional and helpful. And the rates were reasonable. I look forward to using them again for future events (personal and corporate).

Sent on 10/08/2015

lori · event on 08/28/2015

Laura, Kate and their team at ToTT provided superb customer service and made the experience of planning our "retirement" event, planned in just 3 weeks, a very seamless process. Not only is ToTT the ultimate million dollar view, the space is pretty and the flexible interiors made this event a great venue and very memorable for the guests. The large room was easy to arrange with a buffet, audiovisual presentation and mixed set up of tables/chairs and loose seating. I would recommend ToTT!!!

Sent on 10/16/2015

Rabeea · Married on 08/07/2015

Top of the Town was the best venue my husband and I could've chosen for our August 7th wedding. The view was absolutely breathtaking, and there were even some fireworks that went off that night by the Washington Monument that made the night even more memorable! The staff was very professional, and an absolute delight to work with, they accommodated us so well, especially with the seating plan. The actual wedding itself was amazing, and our guests had a great time. The outside terrace is beautiful, and you get wonderful pictures with Washington DC in the background. I highly recommend this venue to future brides, they made our wedding day one we will never forget.

Sent on 09/18/2015

Michelle · Married on 08/01/2015

Thank you Top of the Town for making my daughter's wedding a night for everyone to remember. I can not say enough about how perfect the evening was. It was everything the bride and groom hoped for and the guests are still talking about it. Planning a wedding is difficult enough, but doing it from another state was overwhelming. However, you all made it easy and enjoyable. I actually missed not getting to talk with everyone once the wedding was over. The staff was so professional and did everything possible to make the day perfect! I had several unique requests and they made sure everything went off with no problems. The space was amazing and the views cannot be better anywhere. I have to give a special thank you to Joan! She kept me sane through this entire process and personally made sure every detail ( and I had a lot of details!) went off flawlessly. If you are planning a wedding in the DC area, it doesn't get any better than this place! The venue has views that create an ambiance that guests never forget. The staff were so pleasant to work with and genuinely want to help you create your perfect wedding. We just got our wedding video back and watching it made us realize again that we chose the perfect venue. If we could, we would do it all over again, so thank you Top of the Town!

Sent on 01/17/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Joan, Kate and Laura and Top of the Town!! After looking through several city vendors, with a great view being one of our highest requirements, we were thrilled to find Top of the Town and meet the staff. We were fortunate to get a great date. One of the many things that I appreciated the most was how they worked with us like they were our friends, with great suggestions and helpful ways to keep the costs down. It was not like that at all at Top of the Town. By the end of the event planning, we wanted them to attend as guests and not just because it was their job. :-) We had some unique elements to our wedding and they worked with us and accommodated us on everything. My guests are still talking about what a fabulous event it was. It was the best value in the DC area. We will have another event there, it was such a great experience.

Sent on 10/03/2015

Sara · Married on 06/14/2015

My wedding with TOTT in
    June 14/ 2015 was fabulous!
    They were strict with the rules, but it made my wedding fancy and elegant..

The staff are very friendly, they all communicate so well, and they answer almost immediately every time I called or emailed them..
    Thank you Top of The Town for the wonderful experience!!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Cheryl · event on 05/21/2015

We have used Top of the Town twice now for our corporate events and plan to host more at the venue! The staff is so helpful and the view is unbeatable.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Katie · Married on 05/16/2015

I absolutely loved working at Top of the Town for my client's wedding! Their staff were professional, helpful, nice, and a delight to work with. The views from Top of the Town are simply the best, you can see so many major D.C. landmarks from the moment you walk in and the views from the ballroom and deck are breath taking. The ballroom is laid out in a way so you have the best views and the chandeliers provide a great sparkle. Also there is plenty of parking and it is easy to locate, which is so rare for venues in the city. I highly recommend Top of the Town to all my clients!

Sent on 05/21/2015

Top of the Town was the first venue we looked at and even though we toured a few others, we were never able to get past the wonderful views! The staff was extremely helpful through out the entire process and the night of our wedding. Most of our guests were from out of town and we loved that we were able to give them such a great view of a city we love so much.

Sent on 06/26/2015

Jen · Married on 05/09/2015

From the moment we stepped into Top of the Town my fiance' and I knew it would be our wedding venue. The "wow factor" provided by the view is amazing and we had many out of town guests who could not stop talking about it. Our wedding was in May so with great weather and we utilized the terrace for cocktail hour and throughout the night. I highly recommend using the inclusive package of the DJ and food. We had great reviews and everything was taken care of. My wedding day was actually stress free as everything was taken care of. Joan, was great to work with when picking out linens/ table arrangements and all of the details I would not have thought of. I was able to show family the venue ahead of time as well and the view never got old. Perfect staff, perfect location, perfect view!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Judy · event on 04/18/2015

Top of the Town was a beautiful venue with a spectacular view of the Potamac River and Washington Mall. The room was spacious with an outdoor terrace. Our family couldn't have wished for a better space or for better customer service.

Sent on 05/18/2015

The venue itself is pretty, but their view is absolutely spectacular. We pretty much chose TOTT because of their view overlooking all of downtown DC. Some stuff to keep in mind if choosing this place (which I'm sure you'll hear all about if you requests information on the venue) is that they do limit your selection of catering and DJ to a pre-approved list, I believe for everything else you can pretty much choose whoever you want (which was nice). Their pre-approved list isn't stifling, but if for some reason you really had your heart set on something/someone else for those vendors, I believe there is an extra fee to pay to bring someone new in. Thanks to our awesome catering/DJ/officiant, our wedding was every we hoped for and more! The on site/day of managers from TOTT were also pretty amazing. Both Deb Prado and Diane Sundholm were very attentive, grabbed food/drinks for us (probably the only few bites of food I had all day!), helped everyone stick to the timeline and flow, and at the end physically helped us load all the stuff we had personally brought in (which was a lot and heavy!). If you want a beautiful venue with a spectacular view of downtown DC, this place was amazing!

Sent on 10/20/2015

WOW! This place is awesome, beautiful view! The only "bad" thing about this place is that it only has 1 entrance. It's 12 floors up over condos. So during the reception you're not allowed to jump or have line dancing. They will charge/fine you if you play songs that are on there "do not play list".

This place fills up as for making reserving, we were lucky to reserve a spot on Sunday. Everything went smoothly.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Mike · event on 07/27/2014

Our event was a formal dinner banquet for the 30-year reunion of Marine Officers who had attended basic training together in 1984. The dinner itself was catered by Main Event Caterers (one of Top of the Town's more highly recommended caterers). The TOTT facility was the perfect venue for our group, particularly with the view of the Iwo Jima War Memorial. We couldn't have asked for a better location, and the support from the TOTT staff was outstanding. I live in Southern Maryland and was able to do 99% of my coordinating via e-mail and phone.

Sent on 07/28/2014

John · event on 07/06/2014

TOTT was extremely flexible in what we needed for our event. Though listed as a holiday event it was actually a political campaign event tied directly to the 4th of July weekend. Last minute changes were handled with ease and no issues. The staff was very supportive and always available to meet our needs and requirements. The venue itself provided the perfect setting for our event given the vista down The Mall and added greatly to our overall message.

Sent on 07/07/2014

Kristin · Married on 07/05/2014

We LOVE Top of the Town! We held our rehearsal dinner there on July 4, 2014 and it was just about the most amazing venue we could have picked for the fireworks. The staff is fabulous, even bouncing party crashers for us. The view is spectacular, and it gave me shivers every time I went up there. We knew of the location because we had my sister's rehearsal dinner there 8 years earlier, and it was complete perfection. I hope I'm lucky enough to attend another event there in my life time, because it is breathtaking. Thank you TOTT!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Bob · Married on 05/04/2014

The best view in Washington! Joan and Kate provided all inclusive service, and coordinated the music, catering and all of the small details, and did it in a friendly, professional manner. Their suggestions for catering, music and flowers were perfect. Alex and Ruth worked ceaselessly to make every detail perfect during the setup, ceremony and reception. Everyone loved the event, especially the bride and groom. We would not hesitate to do it exactly the same if we had it to do all over. We highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 05/10/2014

Claire · Married on 02/22/2014

I had my wedding at Top of the Town this past May and let me just start by saying it was A-Mazing! The view is incredible and my family and friends could NOT stop raving about it!

The lists they provided for catering and music vendors were absolutely awesome. I found exactly the caterer who fit what I needed and I felt like it gave me a wide range of flexibility on food and costs. Also, it was absolutely imperative that I had an open bar and TOTT let me bring in ALL my alcohol (and my place cards/favors) the day before which was soo helpful.

There were a few rules about the dancing -- we weren't allowed to jump which I was a little worried about but it ended up not being a problem at all because I realized that A. I didn't want people "Cotton-Eyed-Joe"ing all over the place, B. "Jump Around" went out of style in the 90's, and C. I think "Congo Lines" are tacky :) Plus, once I asked out it, I realized they are located over condos and that it's really nice of them to be thinking about their neighbors enough to care whether their pictures are vibrating or not.

Everything turned out better than I had even imagined - Kate and Joan were super friendly and helpful and my event managers really went out of their way to make sure we had a great night - they even had the caterer bring up some apps and drinks to the TOTT office while we waited to be introduced!

I love love love this place and I ABSOLUTELY reccomend it! If nothing else, take a tour, you can't miss this view!

Sent on 08/23/2010

Top of the Town's reply:

We love you too! Kate and Joan

K · event on 01/09/2014

Top of the Town provides their clients with a fabulous venue, excellent attentive assistance and tons of connections to help make your event the best it can be. They have helped me find caterers, DJ's, provided linens and other items. Their staff is polite and respectful to all the guests. They are easy to work with and very accommodating.

Sent on 02/20/2014

Nadine · event on 01/06/2014

The Top of the Town is the best venue in the DC area with its stunning panoramic view!! From the first meeting to the evening of the event, the staff was professional, so helpful and responsive providing their expertise and guidance that resulted in a very special and memorable celebration. For a special event in the DC area, the Top of the Town is unequivocally the TOP choice!

Sent on 01/28/2014

Laurie · Married on 12/30/2013

Absolutely exquisite in every way. I enjoyed working with Kate and Joan. The venue staff on the night of the venue were perfect. Our guests absolutely loved it. The view is nothing short of spectacular. Best decision ever.

Sent on 01/07/2014

Perfect for our November wedding. Half of our guests were from Boston and I knew everyone would be psyched about the view but even our DC guests were blown away - "where did we find this incredible place!" We had both our ceremony and reception there. To assuage some concerns for others (as I had this concern myself!) we had 123 guests and a 5-piece blues/rock/soul band and there was more than enough space. The day-of staff were fantastic - they totally kept everyone on schedule and made it so my husband and I didn't have to think at ALL about when the cake would be cut, when our first dance would occur, what if we left items behind, etc. This was the best decision we've made in the last 18 months. Definitely would do it all over again at TOTT.

Sent on 11/21/2013

Stacy · Married on 10/13/2013

Excellent choice for our daughters' wedding reception! The décor had been updated just in time for our event, which made the occasion even more pleasing. The views are exceptional and this proved to be the perfect venue for our many out of town guests. Staff could not have been more helpful with details for our event.

Sent on 12/02/2013

Rusty · event on 10/10/2013

The Top of the Town venue is an amazing space to hold a Corporate Event. The view is to die for, the staff are attentive, organized and extremely helpful. We operate this event as a fundraiser for our non-profit and our supporters continue to rave about the space and demonstrate that by returning every year.

Sent on 02/21/2014

Leslie · event on 10/09/2013

I have held an annual corporate fundraising event for the last 6 years at Top of the Town. The view is spectacular and working with the team at Top of the Town is always a pleasure. Their professionalism and support is fabulous. Can't wait for the next event!

Sent on 02/22/2014