Top Hat Entertainment Reviews

114 | South Burlington, VT

114 Reviews for Top Hat Entertainment

Top Hat did a great job at our reception. Mike was our DJ for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and everything was very smooth. He knew volume was a concern I had for some of our older guests and he even checked in with me during cocktail hour to make sure the volume was good. He played all of our requests (even some more obscure selections) and took requests from our guests and kept the party going until the very end of the night. We also had a photobooth from Top Hat and it was a big hit. They brought along a huge set of props and we have copies of every photo, even my grandma with her grandkids in funny hats - priceless!

Sent on 10/13/2013

Emily · Married on 08/09/2013

Mike was amazing from start to finish. He was accommodating and supportive and happy to share his experience with us when we had questions long before the day of the wedding had actually arrived. On the day, he was early, helpful and most importantly- played great music that had us and all of our guests, from grandparents to college friends, up and dancing all night long!

Sent on 09/02/2013

Cecilia · Married on 07/27/2013

Mike and his crew did such a fantastic job at our wedding! They were so pleasant to work with, worked in the toasts, first dances, and other requests seamlessly, and were super flexible. They really responded to our do-play and don't-play requests, and even helped us sneak in a surprise flash mob. It was so nice to be able to sit back and relax knowing they had the whole reception in control. And the photobooth was fantastic! Everyone really loved it, and it was nice and roomy and produced great pictures. Made for a really fun party!

Sent on 08/23/2013

My wife and I hired Top Hat Entertainment to provide music for the cocktail hour and reception. We were very happy with their results. Mike was attentive and generous with his time when we met to discuss our preferences and brainstorm ideas. During the reception, Tyler played music that appealed to guests of all ages. Several guests remarked that they had a lot of fun and never left the dance floor. I would recommend Mike, Tyler, and Top Hat to any couple.

Sent on 11/16/2013

We had Mark DJ our wedding and he was fantastic! We could not ask for a better DJ for our wedding. He was super attentative and read our crowd perfectly. I had a couple surprises for different people and he helped me get them off without a hitch! We had a few changes that we needed to make last minute and he went along with us. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 09/26/2012

Rebecca · Married on 08/04/2012

We contacted them last minute and they fit us right in. They helped make our anniversary wonderful. He took request, even from the younger kids. Very nice and would recommend them to anyone. Great rates too.

Sent on 08/04/2012

Jaime · Married on 07/21/2012

DJ Nick was awesome! We provided only a short list of songs we wanted and had a 5 minute phone conversation about preferences and he nailed it! Nick kept the party flowing and the beats pumping! He was able to read the crowd and play music appealing to all ages, while keeping the dance floor packed from 8pm-1:30am, which is exactly what we were hoping for! Top Hat exceeded our expectations and we highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/05/2012
  • User2043029 · 2+ years ago

Top Hat was GREAT! We had Nick as our DJ at The West Mountain Inn. Top Hat works with that venue a lot, which means they really know it-- what sort of electrical outlets are where, how big the space is... so you don't really worry that the DJ will have a hard time setting up.

Nick played everything we asked for, stuff we didn't ask for, but loved, and kept everyone dancing. He didn't speak too much or too little. Very fun and tasteful and not cheesy [which was my fear, having been to a lot of family weddings in the 1980s...]

We actually also had karaoke the night before the wedding-- at a BBQ. Nick was a great DJ for that as well.

Really professional and also personable. Totally recommended.

Sent on 07/10/2012

Christi · Married on 06/02/2012

Nick is at the top of his game. Despite the pouring rain and adverse conditions, Nick mic'ed our ceremony and reception flawlessly. His enthusiasm and excitement during the announcements had the crowd of 130 cheering like mad and made us feel like royalty. He kept the night moving along smoothly and on time. Everyone was dancing (we let him pick music) and had a great time. You'll definitely be pleased if you select Top Hat for your event.

Sent on 06/11/2012

John · Married on 05/12/2012

I hired Top Hat to DJ my wedding at the Mountain Top Inn and would gladly recommend them for your event.

The office in South Burlington was very friendly and helpful throughout while Damon, the DJ at the ceremony and reception, excelled at everything we asked him to do. He was sure to play the songs I had provided him (and not play the ones that we did not want) and checked in with me frequently during the reception to make sure my guests and I were enjoying the party.

Sent on 06/04/2012

Brendon & · Married on 04/08/2012

Top Hat Entertainment did the music for our wedding, cocktail hour and reception, and the did a phenomenal job. Mike was more than happy to work with us on our (ever changing) wedding ceremony. During the reception our guest list ranged in age from 16 mos to 90 years and Mike managed to keep the music playlist relevant to everyone! Multiple guests came up to me over the course of the evening to comment on what a great job he was doing and how impressed they were by the wide range of music so that everyone recognized something! If you're looking for a DJ that is fun, upbeat and truly a pleasure to work with - Top Hat is the place to go.

Sent on 05/04/2012

Lila · Married on 09/04/2011

Top Hat Entertainment was fantastic to work with. Having a good flow for the night and someone to coordinate the various components was very important to me. Daren did an excellent job of matching us with Jim C. Jim was professional, fun and really paid attention to our desires before the wedding. I had some last minute changes with a bridesmaid who couldn't be present and Jim helped us seamlessly move into "Plan B". He was present and pivotal in keeping things going without being overbearing. We had a blast and our guests did, too. More than once, our dance floor was packed and seats empty!

Sent on 10/03/2011

Susan · Married on 08/21/2011

Daren was absolutely fantastic to work with. We were very picky about the music and Daren had to deal with several complex musical cues during a non traditional ceremony which included gospel music, Rick James and confetti bombs. Everything went flawlessly from the ceremony to the reception to dancing. Daren was fun, professional, and hit a home run in every way. We couldn't have had a better experience and highly, highly recommend Top Hat.

Sent on 10/03/2011

Charlotte · Married on 07/23/2011

Drew was the DJ for my daughter's wedding 7/26/09, and he was so fabulous my son also chose him this year on 7/23/11 for his wedding. We were not disappointed, the music flowed along with the crowd until they closed the doors at the Hampton Inn . What I thought was special is the connection Drew has w/ the reception wedding planner at the Hampton . He was asked to set up early, run an ipod thru his system and play special music for the formal dances to go along w/ a video , which was all done beautifully like he had planned it. He was very accomodating, gracious, and professional. He dealt w/ many different age groups and could certainly read the crowd. Once you have been to a wedding where the DJ can't read the crowd, you really, really appreciate one that can. So to you Drew, I thank you for helping to make another Barewicz wedding a success, and if I had another child to marry off,I certainly would choose you. Charlotte and John Barewicz

Sent on 08/09/2011
  • I

Ilona · Married on 07/09/2011

I'm so glad we decided to have Top Hat DJ our wedding! From the first time I contacted the company, Daren has been very helpful and quick to respond. We had the good fortune of having Jeremy Asarese as our DJ for the night, and he exceeded our expectations. He was personable, flexible, and had great taste in music. He got a good sense for what our guests were dancing to, and continued to make strong music selections throughout the event. He and Daren were also very accommodating, as far as me giving them long lists of songs I like. They were both easy and fun to work with!

Sent on 07/14/2011

Jessica · Married on 06/17/2011

Daren was awesome! Fabulous music the whole night that kept everyone, from our little flower girl to our grandmothers, on the dance floor. Can't recommend Top Hat enough!

Sent on 10/17/2011

Julie · Married on 05/29/2011

Top Hat Dj was Awesome for our wedding! Darren was great in the planning stages and always promptly returned my emails and answered all my questions (and I had a lot of questions!) Our DJ for the wedding was Nick and he was terrific! He played all the requested songs and made sure that everythign flowed nicely throughout the whole wedding. I had only one request for Nick and that was to keep the dance floor packed all night.... he totally delivered! The music selections were great and the dance floor stayed packed all night.

We also arranged to karaoke in the pub at our venue after the wedding, it was a blast!!! The party didn't stop after the reception...Nick kept everything moving along nicely with karaoke and it was so much fun! I definitely recommend Top Hat for any DJ needs in Vermont! I would totally use them again for any functions.

Sent on 06/08/2011

Tamara · Married on 05/28/2011

Top hat was the absolute best! Darren was prompt and friendly with emails and for me that was excellent customer service because you want a quick answer when planning a wedding. We had a few people recommend Mark for our DJ so we did and it was the best decision we could have ever made. Not only was Darren great with the backround info but Mark was awesome when we met with him and for our wedding. We didnt give him a list of music because we had so many different ages and music styles so we asked him to use his best judgement on the music and his choices were spot on, the dancefloor was never empty not even at the end of the night and he was prompt with getting the "special dances" done so we could have fun the rest of the night because after all that planning we just wanted to party. We couldnt have asked for a better wedding and we owe most of that to Mark, i have nothing but excellent things to say about this company, if we ever need a DJ for any reason Top Hat is who we are going to! I have dropped their name to everyone so if people were smart they would listen :)

Sent on 06/09/2011

Kimmie · Married on 05/21/2011

We hired Top Hat Entertainment for our wedding after receiving a recommendation for them, and we could not be happier with their services! Our DJ, Daren, was friendly, professional, and incredibly easy to work with! He, and the highly competent staff at Top Hat, were very easy to work with throughout the entire planning process, and after submitting our preferences, put together a fantastic set list that kept the dance floor packed all night, with guests of all ages! Daren was very attentive to both myself and my husband all throughout the event, from our ceremony music right through to closing out the evening. He handled all the scheduling for the evening, so we never had to worry one bit about speeches, announcements, or first dances. I am VERY HAPPY that we used their services, and I am confident in saying that you won't find another DJ service in the area that provides the same bang for your buck that you will receive here!

Sent on 06/04/2011

Vanessa · Married on 05/21/2011

Our dj Nick was great! Not only was the music really fun, without us giving him much instruction, and was he able to keep people on the dance floor, but he also added to the reception with his great ideas. He moved everyone to the front yard for an incredible first dance in the sunset. It was so fun!

Sent on 06/12/2011

Valerie · Married on 05/07/2011

Amazing! That's the simplest description of all. Top Hat provided the music for our ceremony and reception, all at one location. They even helped make emergency floral alterations when the vases of flowers kept being knocked over by the wind! We have received overwhelming compliments on the music for the whole night. We picked Top Hat based on seeing them around the area, and we like how the DJ knows when to talk to the crowd, and when to just keep playing music. We happened to prefer keeping the music going, where others may have asked for more interaction (you let them know this ahead of time). They follow what you ask for very well. We are incrediably happy with the professional job they did for us!

Sent on 05/21/2011

Meghan · Married on 01/08/2011

Top Hat Entertainment provided us with the best DJ we could have ever hoped for! Rob Jones was dressed to impress, receptive to our requests as well as requests made by our guests, he was great on the mic, and he really helped keep the party going! I highly recommend this professional, fun loving entertainment company and would definitely use Top Hat/Rob for any other future events . Thanks Top Hat!!!

-Meghan & Anthony Sorrentino

Sent on 01/17/2011

Catherine · Married on 12/29/2010

Rob was an *awesome* DJ and made the reception a party! He handled requests with ease, mixing everything from the four-year-old flower girl's favorite Hannah Montana song to a grandmother's jitterbug request, with all the bride and groom's choices in-between. Everybody danced for hours and everybody was happy. On top of that, he was flexible about start and end times, and overall just a very nice guy. We could not have possibly been happier with our choice of Top Hat (and Rob) for a DJ.

Sent on 01/05/2011

Ali · Married on 12/29/2010

Our DJ completely made our night. He picked the perfect songs to keep the crowd interested, and the party going all night! The dance floor was never empty, even my older relatives got out onto the dance floor! He played a perfect mix for our range of ages (2-93!)

Sent on 01/10/2011

Karriann · Married on 12/04/2010

All I can say is Top Hat went above and beyond..We had the pleasure of seeing our DJ at my friends wedding last year and knew we had to hire him, (Mark Thon) Not only did he meet us in person weeks before our wedding but even call the week of to make sure we had no changes. The day of the wedding Mark made sure to introduce himself to my parents and my new husbands parents which meant the world to both of them, when it came to our reception Mark was spot on. Thank you very much for making our dream wedding come true....

Sent on 03/11/2011