Top Choice DJ Service Reviews

62 | Stillwater, MN

62 Reviews for Top Choice DJ Service

Nancy · Married on 07/18/2009

Jorge (DJ BabyG) was perfect for our wedding. He had a wide selection of music that had everybody dancing all night. In fact, our friends and family still compliment on our fun wedding and we have Jorge to thank because he kept the party going on. He not only played music that kept people dancing and happy but he also played our special requests. If you music is important to you on your wedding day then you will not regret having Jorge (DJ BabyG) at your wedding!

Sent on 07/03/2013

raquel · Married on 10/18/2014

Jorge did an incredible job at organizing all of our music and being a great MC. Our wedding would not have flowed the way it did with out him. He definitely kept our party going!!

Sent on 10/22/2014
  • Monica

Monica · Married on 10/27/2012

It was a pleasure working with Jorge at Top Choice DJ. The service he provided was an excellent value for all he did ... we really relied on him to keep our wedding attendees energized and help with the flow of the whole night, at which he did not disappoint! We had an awesome time without a worry in the world!

Sent on 05/05/2013
  • Jessie

Jessie Trebesch · Getting married on 09/09/2020

Great experience!

We had the pleasure of having Top Choice Sound manage the music for our wedding, and it was such a relief to not stress about the music at all! The website helped us organize our selection, Kelly was a wonderfully personable guide and DJ, and everything went off without a hitch!

Sent on 10/03/2019

Top Choice DJ Service's reply:

Jessie it was a beautiful day. And I was honored to be a part of it. I could tell you and Corey were so happy to have been married that day. And such a fun group of family and friends. Congratulations to you both again.

Andrea · Married on 10/05/2019

Great Experience!

Kelly with TopChoiceSound was awesome! He really kept people on the dance floor all night long and was as excited about the songs as we were. The online portal was extremely easy to use and helped give him a vibe of the songs we were looking for.

Sent on 10/09/2019

Top Choice DJ Service's reply:

Thank you so much Andrea. You and your whole family were great. I always say when I see young people dancing to Polka I know it's going to be a good night. Thank you again, and congratulations to you both!

Deb Klugow · Married on 09/11/2019

Great DJ experience

We had a great experience working with Top Choice DJ service. Both Dan and Kelly were professional in communicating with us, the site was easy to navigate and Kelly (our DJ) contacted us the week of the wedding to check in with us. The dance went well and guests enjoyed the music. We also appreciated Kelly playing the music at our wedding which was held at the same site as the reception. We would definitely recommend Top Choice.

Sent on 12/03/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Leighton · Married on 07/20/2019

Great quality service!

We absolutely loved working with Top Choice Sound and DJ Kelly! He did a great job setting up and providing sound for our ceremony and reception. There were no mistakes and the quality was great. My husband and I love music so we were picky about what was played, Kelly was super flexible and made sure that we had our perfect playlists for the social hour and dance. The dance floor was packed the entire night!

Sent on 08/22/2019
  • Haley

Haley Mccormick · Married on 07/13/2019

Great variety

We enjoyed having Kelly part of our special day! He was outgoing and kept the party alive. I had people from all age groups complement us on our DJ and the music selection. Kelly was a great judge of timing for all music genres as well. Thank you Kelly!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Jeffrey · Married on 02/07/2015

He did a great job and was worth the money.

Sent on 03/19/2015
  • Youa

Youa Vang · Getting married on 04/12/2021

Great Choice!

Top Choice, DJ Kelly did an amazing job at our wedding! He was so flexible and even played our requests for Hmong songs. It was fantastic! Kelly did a great job considering our small group, he made the dance floor lit! We would use Top Choice again, if we ever need a DJ! Thank you for making our day so special!

Sent on 01/10/2020

Top Choice DJ Service's reply:

I will always remember your wedding as the one where I learned that I like some Hmong songs. It was awesome! Thank you so much! - Kelly

Dan Lundean · Getting married on 09/09/2020

Exceptional Professionalism, Understanding the Customer's Needs

My wife and I hired Top Choice Sound for our wedding in September, and were very happy with our experience. DJ Yan put together a fantastic showing and kept our guests dancing all night! As for the "behind-the-scenes" work, both Kelly and Dan did a superb job meeting our needs. Despite us running into a minor miscommunication, Dan made sure we were at ease come wedding day, and wanted to make sure we got their best. Kelly also went the extra mile to ensure we received a DJ to our personal liking (with style and personality). Great job!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Kirsten

Kirsten Dimatteo · Married on 05/10/2019

1.6
      1.0
      1.0

Not "Top" Choice at all

They have a website where you could input specific songs you wanted for the processional, first dance, bouquet toss, etc. They also let you designate songs that "must be played", "should be played if possible", and "songs to not play". There were also questions about our music taste, which I stated as alternative/rock and classic rock. A few days before the wedding I spoke with someone on the phone to finalize my specific songs. The person I spoke with also said they would email me the DJ's contact information but they never did. The day of the wedding, the DJ did not even have a list of the specific songs we wanted. When it came time for our first dance, the DJ did not have our song ready and started to play the wrong song while my new husband and I just stood there awkwardly. For the reception, the very first song that was played was a country song and I did not want any country music played at my wedding. As the songs kept playing, I did not recognize any songs that I had requested. My husband and I wondered if she was even playing from our requests at all. What was worse, if an attendee requested a song, she just said "no". Luckily, she didn't play any songs from my "do not play" list but she only played a few from our "must play" list. The music was not at all what we wanted and I was very disappointed that our requests seemed to be completely ignored. I felt that our wedding reception was completely ruined. Fortunately, our guests said they did enjoy the music and had a fun time dancing. All in all, I was extremely disappointed with Top Choice Sound and if I could do it again I would definitely choose someone else who would actually play the music I wanted.

Sent on 10/16/2019