Top Choice DJ Service Reviews

62 | Stillwater, MN

62 Reviews for Top Choice DJ Service

Anthony · Married on 05/30/2015

My now wife and I had our wedding and were lucky enough to get Kelly as our DJ. The first thing that happened when I contacted Top Choice Dj, I was told I would receive a call from Kelly when he was free. I was contacted almost immediately. Kelly and I talked for almost 45 minutes as he got to know what we wanted for our wedding. He also got a sense of our style by asking all the right questions. My wife and I did NOT use a wedding planner so we were kind of in the dark with what to except, this is where Kelly went above and beyond in my opinion. He provided us with a little timeline sheet that really broke everything down perfectly for our wedding. Kelly kept in contact with me via email. If I had a question he answered immediately. He truly worked with us perfectly. I felt bad always asking him questions but he didn't hesitate or complain at all. He was always willing to help to make our day perfect. The day of the wedding he showed up extremely early to get set up and get any final details sorted out. We had a weird set list of music that he made work. He wasn't annoying on the microphone, he kept people dancing, he was the reason our wedding was so amazing. There were a few small hiccups on our end of the wedding (when aren't there problems at weddings) , but Kelly rolled with it and made it work. Overall I wouldn't have asked for a better DJ.

Pros:
    Affordable
    Trustworthy
    Fast and friendly with responses
    Flexible
    Not annoying on microphone
    Didn't try to be the star of the show ( he spotlighted us)

Cons:
    None!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Kelly from "Top Choice DJ Service" was great!! He was professional, he took time to listen to what our needs were for our wedding, and had a great and easy-to-use system for us to request which songs we wanted played at the wedding. We will definitely go with Kelly for the next time we need a DJ. Our dance floor was packed all night long with family and friends that were dancing their hearts out. A DJ can make or break a party, but Kelly definitely took care of the ambiance.

I should add that he works for 93.3 in Austin, the only radio station (other than NPR) worth listening to.

Sent on 06/09/2015

Sandra · Married on 03/28/2015

There are no words to describe how amazing Jorge did at the wedding! Everyone, from my norteno dancing family to my 80s loving people, was on the dance floor and was in love with the music. I am so glad we got him! He did an amazing job!

Sent on 04/23/2015

Sandra · Married on 03/28/2015

Jorge was amazing! He was able to take a mix crowd of folks (old school rancheros, merengue/cumbia lovers, indie rockers) and get them all on the dance floor for the entire time. The playlist was amazing and couldn't have asked for a better DJ. Not only that, but he was able to make the bilingual crowd feel comfortable as he did all the announcements in Spanish and English.

Jorge was a complete professional and he really impressed me with his preparedness. Even before we had signed the contract, Jorge had already begun investigating/listening to cumbia/merengue music that was popular in El Salvador (my family's home country) to make sure he played the right music. This was about a year before the wedding and that, to me, was amazing. Throughout the planning period, Jorge kept in touched and asked how things were going and if we needed anything. Any changes made, he followed-up with us. A few days before the wedding, Jorge was really active with us and made sure he calmed any nerves and any concerns we had. In addition, he showed up two hours early to set up just to make sure that everything went as planned. He was absolutely great.

Sent on 05/12/2015

Krystal · Married on 03/14/2015

I can not say enough wonderful things about my experience with Top Choice DJ services! Jorge Garza did such an amazing job at our wedding. My husband and I continue to receive compliments on the music played. The variety of songs and styles of music played had everyone on the dance floor, all ages. I would highly recommend Top Choice DJ Services to anyone looking for a highly reliable, professional and all around fantastic DJ for their special event. They made the most important day of our lives unforgettable.

Sent on 04/05/2015

Sasha · Married on 03/07/2015

I hired Kelly due to listening to him on the radio every morning and I just knew he would do a great job. Though out our wedding and the day after the one major comment we recieved from our guest was that our DJ was on point and just kept the party going! My husband and I could not have agrees do more. All songs I wanted were played and anything. Google requested was played. There was never a time during the party that someone wasn't dancing. Recommend Kelly for your wedding if you love to dance and have someone professional and helpful.

Sent on 03/09/2015

Michelle · Married on 12/20/2014

Kelly ROCKED our wedding! Seriously, he made sure fun was had! Not only was he extremely professional, but you can tell he loves what he does. When our wedding coordinator came to me (while I was shakin' it on the dance floor) and said it was time for the bouquet & garter toss, I asked that we please skip it because everyone was having so much fun dancing. Hats off to Kelly for making sure our wedding was a night to remember. Even the grandmas enjoyed themselves on the dance floor! We would definitely recommend Kelly to DJ any event if you want to ensure that your guests have a great time!

Sent on 12/28/2014

Rene · Married on 11/15/2014

My wife and I hired Kelly for our wedding reception and I could not have been happier. We had our reception at the rooftop of the W Hotel and the weather and rain were not cooperating with us the day of the event. We had to call Kelly to come an hour earlier in the cold to help set up. He was not only understanding, he helped provide more lighting so that the place really shined nicely. Kelly kept the guests comfortable with the music selection and everyone commented on how much fun they had. At the end of the night, Kelly was quick and courteous in helping to break down all of his equipment. He even stayed a little later as the guests just weren't ready to leave because they were having such a great time. I couldn't have been happier with his service and professionalism. I would recommend anyone use him for any event they are having. His ability to go above and beyond really make him stand out head and shoulders above anyone else I've ever hired to DJ an event. I cannot thank him enough!

Sent on 12/26/2014

Kelly with Top Choice DJ did a great job for my wedding at the Four Seasons. He was the only DJ in town that worked with me on a price for uplighting. He quoted me a really great price and did a fantastic job setting them up on the day of. He also worked really closely with my other video projector vendors to coordinate speakers/setup so that the presentations played smoothly. He responds to emails very quickly and I never felt rushed or pressured during our phone conversations. The week of my wedding, we spoke in detail about the style of songs I wanted and he delivered all. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Achala · Married on 10/25/2014

Jorge performed beyond expectation with every facet of his job. His announcing skills were especially amazing since my last name was very hard to pronounce. Yet, he wrote down the pronunciation phonetically and practiced it all the way up to the wedding day. This alone shows his dedication and level of customer service. My wife and I met with some other DJs that didn't even bother to write down my name. He was very professional from the very first meeting, from writing down every little detail to asking us everything he needed to know to do the job perfectly!

The day of the event, he showed up early and set up everything himself and was ready to go with plenty of time left. His DJ skills were outstanding and read the crowd perfectly. Everyone who attended the wedding said that was one of the funnest weddings they've ever been to. Everyone was dancing - even the older crowd!

I would highly recommend Jorge to anyone. He is a must have at an party or wedding!

Sent on 01/09/2015

Melissa · Married on 10/18/2014

Jorge was awesome!! He listened to everything we requested. I could not imagine the night without him. Thank You for making my sister's wedding the best party ever!!!!!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Kelly did a phenomenal job as a DJ for our wedding. He played beautiful music for the ceremony, and knew the perfect music to play at the reception to keep everybody "shaking it." His experience made the planning process a breeze, and we felt like we were in good hands. Never before have I been to a wedding with such a highly skilled DJ...my feet hurt the next day because I never wanted to quit dancing. Kelly was awesome, and I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 09/23/2014

Amy · Married on 07/18/2014

Kelly and Top Choice DJ were phenomenal. They exceeded all my expectations. We actually got married in the Bahamas in July and had an August reception at Max’s Underground with around 200 guests. We did not have a wedding planner in Austin and Kelly did a fantastic job of creating a timeline to make sure we were able to do first dances, cake cutting, and everything else we needed to make the night perfect. Kelly was great at reading the crowd and kept everyone happy from Mamaw to high school aged kids. He had everyone on the dance floor and the night flew by. Top Choice is very professional and they have a great music selection. My guests were very complimentary. I would hire him again and recommend them to others!

Sent on 09/18/2014

Christine · Married on 07/04/2014

Jorge was our DJ for our wedding. We could not be happier with how our reception went. He rolled with the punches as all of my bridesmaids made multiple requests. He kept us on time so we could fit in all of the traditional things and all of the things we wanted to do. I will 100% use them again for our next event.

Sent on 08/08/2014

Thelma · Married on 05/31/2014

Jorge did a fantastic job as DJ at my daughter's wedding. We're so glad we used Top Choice DJ Service.

Sent on 06/09/2014

Alison · Married on 05/03/2014

Kelly was AWESOME! We were thinking about just using an iPad for the music at our reception. At the last minute we decided we wanted a DJ instead, so we called these guys. Kelly was able to get all of our special songs, and was able to get everyone on the dance floor all night. Even the music he played during dinner was getting compliments from my family. It's like he knew what everyone wanted to hear. He was professional, polite, and very courteous. I am SO happy we didn't just use an MP3 player. There is no way it would have given us the memories that Kelly did. I would definitely recommend Top Choice DJ to anyone who asked.

Sent on 05/27/2014

Michelle · Married on 04/19/2014

Kelly and Jorge are awesome! The DJ I originally hired cancelled on me, and I am so glad he did! We had a bilingual wedding, with some obscure song requests, and they did an amazing job. They were professional, courteous, and they kept the party rockin' all night long! All of our guests kept commenting on how awesome the music was. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 04/24/2014

Nicolas · Married on 03/15/2014

Hire these guys NOW! My wife and I got married in March and Jorge and Kelly were incredibly helpful in the months and weeks leading up our wedding. They gave us a rough timeline to start with and were EXTREMELY attentive to our needs. Sometimes I gave very vague requests and others I requested a specific recording for a specific album.

They kept the dance floor packed! After some tasteful music during dinner, they took our requests (and do not plays) and kept the energy up for almost 3 hours. They made announcements, gave directions, and helped everyone have a good time.

They know the classics, they know the top 40 hits, and they know how to stay behind the scenes during the reception but still keep the party going.

I cannot recommend TopChoiceDJ enough.

Sent on 04/04/2014

Jen · Married on 11/01/2013

Top Choice DJ did everything we asked for and more at our wedding reception. They got the energy up when needed and completely set the tone for our special night. We gave them a short time to set up (bc of our short reception) and they delivered beautifully. I've heard countless guests say how great our DJ was and I will recommend them to anyone and everyone in need!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Jen · Married on 11/01/2013

Kelly and his crew hit a home run at our wedding. We were pressed for time at our venue and they were very prompt and had everything set up on time for our guests to arrive. We had a small wedding (about 50 people) and he read the crowd perfectly and got the energy up. I would recommend Kelly's crew to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 05/28/2014

tania · Married on 10/26/2013

The music was exactly what I asked for! He read the crowd and when they seems to not like the music he responded and keep the dancing going all night. He mixed songs so they blended well together and was so helpful in choosing all the songs for first dance, dinner, cake cutting, etc. He had a very professional set up as well! The online system that allows you to choose the must have and the must not have playlist was awesome! Five star DJ!

Sent on 11/04/2013
  • I

Ingrid · Married on 09/01/2013

Jorge DJ my wedding and thanks to him it was a success. We had a the best time of our life at the reception and couldn't of asked for a better more professional DJ. He played everything from Country, Salsa, Merengue, Punta (I am from Honduras and is our native music), to hip hop, R&B, to name a few. We asked for all genres to be played as we had such a diverse guest list and everyone had a blast and still to this day raves about how much fun it was!! Thank you so much for making our special day so perfect and fun. We definitely recommend Top Choice DJ and if you don't book them you are missing out on the best party/ DJ in town!!

Sent on 10/25/2013

Dawn · Married on 05/10/2013

Top Choice DJ was absolutely fantastic! Jorge is very professional - from asking us what was important, to giving us an online tool to use to pick songs. He even met with us at our venue to make sure everything was ready to go. I can't say enough great things about them - they made our night very special

Sent on 05/20/2013

Sarah · Married on 11/19/2011

We are lucky and thankful to have found Top Choice DJ. The music was outstanding and both sides of our families had such great things to say. Half of our wedding party spoke only Spanish and the other half only English, so finding a happy medium COULD have been hard, but not for this DJ. A wide range of music was played and everyone spent the night dancing...Some even asked for the soundtrack!

We will always recommend Top Choice DJ!!

Sent on 05/03/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 06/15/2011

Top Choice DJ was amazing! Jorge has a great music selection to choose from. He was very helpful especially with the timeline and working with our coordinator. He is flexible and courteous and really made our wedding day special. Our guests loved him and we highly recommend Top Choice DJ to everyone.

Sent on 05/26/2013