Tonya Malay Photography Reviews

Tonya Malay Photography 5
Tonya Malay Photography 6
Tonya Malay Photography 7

Ruthie · Married on 03/23/2014

Tonya was the first vendor I chose and I couldn't have made a better decision. She was extremely professional and truly amazing to work with. She made my wedding day run smoothly and worked wonders with my groom to get him to smile. Her pictures are breath taking.
    She was everything I could have wanted in a photographer.

Sent on 04/15/2014

Lindsay · Married on 03/22/2014

Tonya is the BEST!! She was the first vendor we chose and she helped us all through out the wedding process! She had great recommendations on vendors and helped make sure our day flowed smoothly! She is professional, timely, and super nice! It was so easy to communicate with her and she knew exactly what pictures we wanted. We recently got our photos back and I love all 745 of them!!!! We could not have asked for a better photographer!! Tonya and her crew are the BEST and I HIGHLY recommend them!!!!

Sent on 05/04/2014

Amanda · Married on 03/15/2014

We knew from the moment we met Tonya that she would be our photographer. She was so organized that we knew we'd never have to worry about anything on the day of our wedding, and her love for what she does was evident throughout all of our conversations. Before our wedding, she met with us at the ceremony site and went around the entire area, choosing the best places for pictures. From that, she developed a timeline, and her confidence made me feel so secure about everything that I knew our special day would be perfect. On the day of our wedding, I had nothing to worry about except getting myself ready to walk down the aisle. Tonya and her crew seamlessly directed when posed pictures were needed and captured candid moments without ever being intrusive. It was completely stress free and everything went more smoothly than I could have ever imagined. It was the happiest day of our lives, and a huge part of that was due to Tonya. She captured every important moment from beginning to end, using different lighting techniques to add unique touches. When planning the photo album, Tonya was incredibly patient and she always responded immediately to our questions and change requests. Her attention to detail was incredible. It could never be matched by any one else because she holds herself to such a high standard. The final result was an amazing album that completely blew us away. Her creativity and colored background choices made our photo album special, and in a word, PERFECT. Hiring Tonya and her crew will be the best decision you ever make. Words can't begin to express how thankful we are to have had her photograph our magical day.

Sent on 02/22/2015

Tory · Married on 03/08/2014

Extremely well organized and professional, we could not have asked for someone better! We love our photos!! :)

Sent on 04/21/2014

Marissa · Married on 03/01/2014

My husband and I recently was married on Captiva Island, Florida. Even though we have not seen our actual wedding photos, she did out engagement photos and we love them! She did such a fantastic job! She is personable, friendly and knowledgeable. She definitely has an eye for photography and we know she will not disappoint! She was a pleasure to work with. Being we did a destination, it was a little scary picking someone that we had never met. She works great with e-mail or phone call and is quick to respond which we appreciate.

We would definitely recommend her for any photography and especially for any special event. If we ever need a photographer in the Florida area we would definitely use her :-)

Sent on 03/18/2014

Sarah · Married on 02/21/2014

I found Tonya photography online then called her on the phone and immediately got a warm and fuzzy. She was very polite, very professional, and very knowledgeable. Toyna made my wedding beautiful in more ways than one. She was such an easy person to talk to and really listened to what I had to say and what I wanted. She wasn't pushy and went out of her way to accommodate my needs. Her prices are very reasonable when you see her body of work... She really has an "eye" for photos and is prepared and planned... Everything went do smoothly!... I would HIGHLY recommend Toyna I have no doubt you won't regret it! Thank you again Toyna!!

Sent on 03/20/2014

Christi · Married on 02/17/2014

Tonya was wonderful! Communication prior to, during, and after the event was prompt and thorough. She completely handled the timeline for me. She captured all of the moments I requested. She was sure to speak with me prior to the event to find out what my vision was and what was most important to me. We had a very small destination wedding and she gave us a rain date for photos, just in case! The photos were available very quickly, as promised. (In less than a month!). She was fun and professional at the event. We are so pleased with our photos. Tonya has a wonderful reputation in southwest Florida, and she lives up to it.

Sent on 03/12/2014

Tonya and her team are amazing. On the day of our wedding, they went above and beyond to make sure that everything was perfect. They had a detailed schedule of the day, and followed it very closely...not one shot was left out! Tonya did such a great job of pinpointing exactly how I envisioned my wedding photos to be, and absolutely delivered with the final product. I LOVE how all of my photos look so natural, not posed...and I LOVE the candids! One of the best parts was that I got my photos earlier then expected, and there was sooo many to choose from!! Tonya is such an awesome person to work with; she is professional, passionate about what she does, and is SO fun! I ordered the cd/album package and haven't ordered my album yet because it is so hard for my husband and I to agree on which photos we like the best, haha! I cannot express how happy I am with how the day went, and how stunning the final photos were when revealed! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 03/11/2014

Ryan & Jessica · Married on 01/11/2014

My wife and I were looking for over a month for a photographer that looked to have the capability of taking the quality of shots we were hoping for. We read tons and tons of good reviews, the country club that we belong to even recommended them. So we decided to go with Tonya, even when we booked our wedding officiant she asked who our photographer was going to be. We said Tonya Malay and the officiant said nothing but great things about her, which just made us feel like we made a good choice, and put our mind at ease. She was easy to get a hold of, and provided all the information and a structured outline for how the day of photos would go, she had ideas for us and everything. On the wedding day, the true test... she was beyond what we could have imagined, she noticed every detail. I mean, if a leaf was on the ground she would pick it up and move it out of the shot, hairs, dress, suit, shadows, angles, wind, clouds, anything that could possibly affect the shot, she was on top of. It was kind of cool to see and watch someone work as professional as she was. They made us feel very comfortable, they were really nice and easy to work with. So to anyone who reads this, you can't go wrong with Tonya!

Sent on 02/25/2014

Stacey · Married on 01/05/2014

If you have a wedding in Southwest Florida, Tonya is your girl!!! Her work is amazing and you won't be disappointed!!

I knew from the 1st meeting with her that she was perfect for the job! She's fun and outgoing, but very professional! She's organized and detailed, which I loved, and as I bride I didn't have to worry about anything. Several local magazines are using her work to feature our wedding, and they all have commented on how beautiful our pictures are.

I liked that her assistant was able to be with my husband and his family prior to the wedding, while Tonya was in the room with me. It's saved time and we didn't have to see each other ahead of time.

My husband and I recently received our pictures recently and they are stunning! You won't be disappointed at all with her work!!! We have beautiful memories for a lifetime!

Thank you Tonya!!

Sent on 02/26/2014

Jenni and Andrew · Married on 12/19/2013

We can not recommend Tonya Malay Photography enough! She is wonderful!!
    Planning a wedding over 1,000 miles away is not easy, but Tonya really put our minds at ease. She was consistently professional, reliable, and personable. She really listened to what I wanted, and also had a lot of great ideas.
    Her and her husband were kind enough to share their anniversary date with us! Which we are so gracious for!!
    We love all of our pictures and couldn't ask for better quality!
    Highly recommended! If she's not available, change your date- it will be worth it!!

Sent on 02/03/2014

Leslie · Married on 12/17/2013

AMAZING! That is all I can say about this photographer. If you are looking for the BEST of the BEST, you have found it. Tonya is a true professional and artist. She made us feel like movie stars on our special day. She knew the venue well and was able to shoot all the shots we wanted and more. If you are looking to have the best wedding memories with the finest quality, you will not be disappointed if you choose to use Tonya Malay and her team.

Sent on 02/19/2014

Abbey · Married on 12/06/2013

I would absolutely recommend Tonya Malay! Her incredible work truly captured the best day of my life. I have her to thank for being able to look back years from now and remember it exactly how it was...perfect. Very professional and charismatic throughout. Couldn't be happier all around. Thanks again, Abbey and Jake Alford.

Sent on 01/21/2014

Michelle · Married on 11/29/2013

Look no more!! If you've found Tonya Malay you have found the best photographer in town! Words can not even begin to explain how thrilled we are with all of our photographs, they are more than we could have ever dreamed of. Many thanks to Tonya and her team.

Sent on 01/12/2014

Cedric · Married on 11/02/2013

Where to begin! We were a out of state couple looking to do a destination wedding event. We searched and searched for a photographer and finally found Tonya Malay. Tonya and her team are the absolute best! They are highly skilled and professional. They go the extra mile an most importantly they are creative so if your not, no worries. The team even set up a schedule to help us stay on track during the event to make sure we captured the sunset in our pictures and had plenty of time for candid shots and other goals. The best part is our pictures were retouched and ready to review in less then a month after the wedding. If your in the market for someone to do an outstanding job and make your great event even better choose Tonya and staff to make it happen!

Sent on 12/23/2013

Erin · Married on 10/20/2013

There are not enough words for us to express how happy my husband and I were with Tonya Malay and her group. She did an amazing job and her enthuthiasm and professionalism were awesome. She took the time to get to know us and figure out which pictures we wanted to have and she even went above and beyond to make sure she knew all of our guests to make sure the right people were in the right photos. We actually live out of state and this was a destination wedding and we had no problems communicating with Tonya throughout the year of planning. She was very quick to get back to us via phone or email. The day of the wedding she was very professional and everything ran smoothly. Before we even saw our pictures, our guests were commenting on how great the team was. After seeing our pictures, we knew we made the best choice when we chose her. Her work was beautiful and she captured our day exactly the way we wanted. Just looking over the pictures brought us right back to that day and we could remember what we were thinking in those moments. We couldn't be happier with our pictures and it is going to be tough trying to figure out which ones to have in the album as they are all great! We would recommend Tonya and her team in a heartbeat....she truly exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 11/24/2013

Carmelo&Jessica · Married on 10/13/2013

If you want an experienced photographer Tonya Malay is your answer!!! No need to look else where. We had a destination wedding in Florida and never met Tonya. We talked on the phone and thru email. (I was worried that we never met) not a problem! Tonya and her team were unbelievable. I've never seen a team work so hard capturing every right shot. She had a game plan and an organized schedule for the entire day. One great thing about Tonya and her team was that they were really fun to work with the day of the wedding. We got our full wedding pictures in 5 week. The pictures are unbelievable! So beautiful. Beyond our expectations!!! Can't go wrong with this team. Thank you for everything and a day we will never forget!! Love you guys.

Sent on 11/18/2013

We recommend Tonya Malay as a photographer to anyone. She is very professional and a wonderful person.
    The pictures she took of our wedding are simply beautiful, we will always be thankful for the great job she did.

Sent on 11/24/2013

Stacey · Married on 07/09/2013

We were married in July at the Marco Island Marriott - This was a destination wedding and all of my planning was done online without visiting the area. I chose Tonya based on the very positive reviews that I found. I contacted her for pricing info and she got back to me right away. She sent a link to photos that she recently took of a wedding at the Marriott. This made my decision easy. After comparing her photos with another vendor that we were considering, we both decided that Tonya's photos seemed warm and captured genuine moments rather than over-posed pictures. Her prices were very reasonable. She contacted me when I needed to leave the deposit and was very helpful in providing names of other vendors that I had not yet secured. I took some of her recommendations and was more than pleased with the service I received. We had a phone conversation a week or two before the wedding at which time she went over her timeline and asked if there were any specific photos that I wanted her to capture. She got everything that I requested from a group photo of all of my guests (approx. 50 people) to individual photos with our friends and family. She was professional and efficient. Her assistant Emma was also wonderful. They were never intrusive and kept right on schedule so that we were able to enjoy our day and our guests. The sunset photos that she captured were amazing. I could not be more pleased. I would highly recommend Tonya Malay Photography.

Sent on 12/18/2013

Anthony & Kristen · Married on 06/28/2013

It was a pleasure to work with Tonya as our wedding photographer. She is highly professional, makes sure to get the shots she wants, and she captures each moment on such a huge occasion. We couldn't be happier with her product!!!
    Anthony & Kristen Santilli

Sent on 12/12/2013

Kate · Married on 06/25/2013

We traveled in from out of state for our wedding and were looking for a photographer based on online reviews and word of mouth. Tonya came highly recommended by our hotel, and she was very professional, organized, and efficient. Our wedding was outside, and we encountered some adverse weather. Tonya handled the situation well and was able to maneuver through it, producing fabulous photos.

Sent on 11/29/2013

Carrie · Married on 05/11/2013

Tonya was really great! She was super organized and very talented. Her professionalism was impressive from the time we met throughout our entire experience. We were so happy we booked her!! We had a minor catastrophe when she arrived as the back of my gown had not been steamed (like we paid the local dry cleaner to do) and was VERY wrinkled. Of course, this was only realized once Tonys arrived and it was time to put it on. She was so patient and calming. As a bride, I couldn't believe what was happening! Tonya, my mother, and some friends put their heads together were able to fix (mostly and as best they could) the disaster! She was great through the whole adventure! I would definitely recommend Tonya Malay to photograph any special event!!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Tracey · Married on 04/28/2013

Tonya Malay and her team of Emma and Mike, were in short amazing. I had my wedding at Casa Ybel and Tonya was listed as one of the preferred vendors. The moment that I spoke to her I knew that this was the person who I wanted to photograph the most important event of my life. Tonya was so helpful and genuine and this was just over the phone. I immediately told my fiance that we had to use Tonya's services (of course he agreed).

We met Tonya and Mike in January of 2013 to do our engagement photo session. Tonya was so professional and easy to work with. She had the best ideas about how to pose, smile and actually have fun while doing the photo shoot. Mike was great as well and helped out not only Tonya but my fiance and I too. We got to sit down with Tonya to go over the details of the wedding and I felt like I had known her for forever.

I was so happy to see Tonya on my wedding day and was even more excitedd to meet her assistant Emma. We decided to do all of the obligatory photos before the wedding, and Tonya handled this like an absolute pro. Tonya, Emma and Mike all worked so well with the families and our friends. Even my mother, who is honestly not impressed by much, was impressed by Tonya and her team.

There are not enough words to express my gratitude and appreciation for all that Tonya, Emma and Mike did. I would highly recommend Tonya's services to anyone and would talk their ear off about how fantastic they all are.

Sent on 02/17/2014

Anne · Married on 04/25/2013

We were thrilled with the quality of service we received from Tonya Malay Photography. We had a small, intimate wedding and were concerned we would have trouble finding a photographer that would want to do it. Tonya was professional, fun to work with, and the quality of her product was beyond our expectations. She was able to capture every moment for lasting memories. We would highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Kristin · Married on 04/11/2013

If I had to use one word to describe our wedding photos and our overall experience working with Tonya… Incredible. My husband and I were planning a very small, intimate beach ceremony in Naples, and we were doing it all from Colorado! I found Tonya online and immediately loved her work; however, I was still a bit nervous, because I knew no one in Naples. Well, as soon I spoke with her, I felt completely at ease and knew we had found the perfect photographer. Her professionalism, experience, and talent far exceeded anything I could have hoped for. She even helped by referring us to a florist and a place to get my hair done! On the day of the wedding, Tonya had a way to help everyone feel relaxed and comfortable in front of the camera. She also has a natural, creative eye that can spot the best shots from a mile away! Even though we had a very small ceremony, Tonya made us feel just as important and special as she might for one of her larger, formal weddings. It was our dream wedding and we have beautiful photos to treasure forever! We would love to return to Naples someday, and have Tonya do a family photo session with us!
    Kristin and David Cramer