55 Reviews for Storytelling by Tony + Olya

Multi. Locations (5)
Liability Insurance (2)
Prints (2)
Boudoir Shoot (1)

Tony has a way of capturing moments at THE perfect time. I had the privilege of having both Tony and Olya shoot my engagement and wedding photos. Wherever we were going, I could see Tony eyeing every alley and any area for potential photo ops. While Olya focused on the little details that meant a lot to me, she was mindful in keeping me warm and also taking breaks in between.

It takes a while for my husband to get comfortable with strangers, let alone someone that's pointing a camera at you. At our engagement shoot, he was nervously giggling through it all and you'd never know it! They're both so easy going that throughout the shoot it just got easier and easier. Clearly they've been doing this for a very long time, they don't even need any direction from you, which made my life so much easier. They know exactly where they need to be and when.

It's amazing how I can relive every moment by looking through the photos they have taken. It's true what they say on their website, they're story tellers. Trust them and the direction they lead you... they know what they're doing =)

Profile Picture Esther, 1/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Olya is the most friendly, easy going photographer I have ever met. She genuinely and sincerely loves what she does, and made the whole process for us as an awkward couple so easy. The shots of course, turned out GORGEOUSLY. So much care and effort was put into editing the photographs to make the lighting and the mood even more fairytale-esque. I could not recommend her photography more!!

Profile Picture yasmeen, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I have had great experiences and miserable experiences with vendors. Tony + Olya go in the category of FANTASTIC!! they are easy going and made me feel comfortable. As someone who hates her picture being taken, they reassured me that I would barely know that my picture is being taken. Very true!! We are exceedingly pleased with our engagement pictures and the sneak peak we have gotten thus far, and I have no doubt that the rest of our pictures will be amazing!

They were very flexible with scheduling and took into consideration what we wanted as a couple. Our day was a bit misty and it had rained the night before, so we didn't want to get all wet from the grass during our first look pictures, so Tony + Olya went and scoped out a new location that was not in the grass. I loved it more than the original spot.

In terms of picture turn around, I was eager, so I was probably a pain in the neck, but it's barely 5 months past our wedding and we will have the rest of our pictures! So exciting!

I truly feel they captured who we are as a couple and I wish I could post pictures with the review to show my love for their work.

Profile Picture Sara, 7/9/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

DO IT! They're pretty amazing and the best I know of.

Profile Picture User7228942, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tony was a pleasure to do busIness with for our wedding. He was very quick to respond to emails and questions and made the scheduling process very easy. They really helped make our day even more special. Things were so laid back and smooth, we really appreciated their energy, direction, and creative eye. The photos came out amazing.

Profile Picture Devin, 10/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

Tony has an amazing eye and he was able to capture my children so amazingly.

Profile Picture Joanne, 9/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

The moment I saw Tony's work on his website I knew that I had to have him photograph my wedding. The use of light and the colors in the images on his website made my decision easy.

Tony makes great use of the space available to him and was able to get all the poses I wanted (while managing my wedding party expertly). We had Irish Step Dancers as a surprise during the reception, with the dancers wearing black outfits and black tights, against a darker background. The photos that resulted are phenomenal! You would not guess that the lights were turned down in the hall. I also really loved the candids he was able to capture, they're phenomenal.

Profile Picture User4660470, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

I discovered Tony through my cousin who hired him as both an engagement and wedding photographer. Out of all the vendors I used for my wedding, he is definitely on the top of the list to recommend to others.

As photography hobbyists, my husband and I were very picky about our photographers. Tony fit the bill with his style of photography, ease & price.

He shoots with a journalistic eye and not intrusive at all. He is like a flower on a wall but in a good way. He directs you if needed, but otherwise captures the day as it flows, which is exactly what we wanted. I've seen other photographers bark orders at the bride and groom getting them into position but Tony guides and lets the natural movements of love and joy happen between the bride and groom, family and friends.

Aside from getting great photos of us, he also got great photos of family and friends. Everyone raved about the photo because of the emotion he captured. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Check out his website. You'll totally know what I'm saying when he captures the emotions, mood, and day as it goes. He lets the natural emotions of the day shine.

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/16/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Tony is not only really talented but he is so easy to work with. I have known Tony for a long time now and had a few reservations about hiring a friend (you know, because you don't want to get all Bridezilla with a friend!). But there is no doubt, Tony knows weddings. You can absolutely trust that you will be in great hands and you will be so happy with the results. I've had a lot of friends tell me that they wish they hired a better photographer for their own weddings but I never had that problem at all. Your wedding photos are the one thing you get to keep after it is all said and done so make sure you choose someone who won't let you down. Thank you Tony for the amazing experience & photos! xo

Profile Picture User2243243, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tony is a photographer's photographer. He is talented and knows how to capture candid moments in a natural way. His wedding photos are unique and artistic, and he has a great eye for colors, details and can work wonderfully with natural light. I hired him because I didn't want to typical cheesy, staged wedding photos that you see every where else. I wanted photos are are modern, full of emotions, movements and life. That was what he delivered!! We had a wedding at the One and Only Ocean Club in the Bahamas and he did a wonderful job for us! He is professional, punctual and patient. Just everything I wanted in a photographer for my big day! I am more than happy with my photos, exceeded my expectations. Thank you Tony!

Profile Picture Alice, 4/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tony is an AMAZING, artistic photographer who truly presented the story of our special day through his beautiful photographs.
The quality of photos were excellent, portraying raw & authentic emotions on our wedding day.
If you want one-of-a-kind photographs for any special occasions, we highly recommend Tony to tell your story.

Profile Picture User5540494, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Prints

Fast response, great price, and most importantly amazing photos!!

Profile Picture Kate, 11/2/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

5 bright stars for Tony because I truly believe he is one of the best photographers around. Tony is not only passionate about his work, he is also extremely talented. From framing to post editing, when Tony is behind the camera, I'm not worried about anything because I know he is getting the best possible shots. I was a very laid-back bride who didn't want to worry or stress over my big day, having Tony there really made me feel comfortable and relaxed. He didn't need any directions and captured all of the important and candid moments I wanted. If you are looking for a photographer for your special occasion, look no further.
Here is why:
1. Excellent service and final product (my engagement and wedding photos are amazing! I recommend Tony to all of my friends and family).
2. Professional and always responsive to emails/calls etc.
3. Fast turnaround time (you don't have to wait months for your wedding photos)
4. Very reasonably priced! Although my husband and I picked Tony because we loved his work, he turned out to be the most well priced photographer (lucky us!)

It would be a pleasure to work with Tony again in the future.

Profile Picture Vivian, 10/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Hi, I booked tony for my boudoir session after much convincing from my bridesmaid to do it as a gift for my future husband :) I thought, my body's only getting older and I am not getting younger so why not capture myself in my prime now? I actually found tony through facebook newsfeed because of all the likes his photos were getting by my friends. After searching for other boudoir photographers, we thought his work was of much better quality and his 10 years of experience shows. His editing also helps a lot as you can see examples of his edited before and after photos on his website. I waited only about a week for the results and boy was I glad I chose tony. I never thought I could look like that ever. He knows how to make you look good telling you how to pose and thinks of different clothing ideas. He definitely made me feel comfortable to be almost naked in front of another man, but no worries he stayed very professional and you kinda forget another man is shooting you in lingerie lol, It was all about connecting with the camera which he helped me easily do. Choose tony for your boudoir pictures and you won't regret it, even as a wedding photographer! If he can make regular imperfect bodies, not models, look good almost naked, he can definitely make you look good in a wedding dress haha. Oh yeah, my photos look awesome even BEFORE editing so I can only imagine what they will look like edited. I can't wait to show them to my fiance on our wedding day, he will be blown away!! All thanks to Tony :) It's worth the price for his work!

Profile Picture User4155425, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I have known Tony for a number of years and have been fortunate to have Tony attend and be part of many chapters in my life. His work exemplifies true art and his passion for photography comes through in every picture. His work is proudly displayed around my home and is always complimented.

I would strongly recommend Tony for his passion of photography, professionalism, flexibility and promptness. You will quickly find out what a true gem he is!

Best,
Kim Root

Profile Picture User4142325, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

loved our wedding photos! Tony has a great eye for catching moments!

Profile Picture Kristin, 3/2/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tony Yang is an amazing photographer. He's polite, professional, talented and knows the perfect shots. Before the wedding, he met with me to discuss everything I wanted, which he fulfilled. He showed up on time, nicely commanded my rowdy bunch to get the shots that mattered, performed the shots I had specifically asked for and worked with me to get me the images I wanted. I can't praise this photographer and his assistant enough to do it justice. One look at his work and you will see how excellent he is!

Profile Picture taryn, 10/13/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

Tony is extremely talented, an expert at his craft, and an absolute professional. He is committed to excellence with his extensive range of camera equipment and post-production editing techniques. He was a pleasure to work with, and we're very satisfied with our wedding photos.

Profile Picture Ernie, 9/14/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tony is highly professional and responsible. He is very much paid attention to details. He is willing to stay longer for additional help and offer to make accommodation.
Everyone enjoyed him being there and quietly taking the beautiful shots. One of the best vendors I have worked with. I strongly recommend him to others.

Profile Picture christine, 9/8/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tony was extremely professional yet flexible at the same time. As anyone can imagine, wedding planning is not easy when both bride and groom are working. Yet Tony was very patient with our schedules and always responded to our inquiries in a timely manner (email and phone). We hired Tony for both engagement and wedding photos.

For engagement photos, Tony helped us feel comfortable and gave us a good variety of different photos (scenery, poses, etc.). I personally don't like taking photos and am the type to "want to get it over with" but I actually never felt that way during the session. He was familiar with many areas in the tri-state so he knew exactly where to take us and there was no time wasted on anyone's part.

On the day of the wedding, Tony helped us plan which pictures he would take when and where. He worked with my wife's preparation schedule and maximized everyone's time and made sure to collaborate with the venue coordinator. Tony and his assistant were very punctual, kept to our schedule and never rushed us during the day. During the ceremony, we couldn't even tell he was there yet he was able to get great photos of ourselves, the wedding party and the guests. The end result of photos were spectacular and best of all, it didn't take that long for us to receive the final pictures (unlike other horror stories where I heard it can take up to a year!). No cheesy artificial photos; everything looked candid and you could easily tell how the day went - fun and casual wedding. I would highly recommend Tony Yang to anyone!

Profile Picture Daniel, 8/10/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tony is one of the best photographers I have had the fortune to know. His portfolio alone speaks for itself, but getting to see him in action for my wedding made me realize why he is the best of the best. I would have rescheduled my entire wedding just to have him photograph my wedding.

He practically disappears during your wedding, allowing people to move naturally and thereby allowing him to capture the most precious, candid moments without you even knowing that he is there. He not only takes beautiful photos, but he edits them to perfection and creates a beautiful set of prints for you to have.

He captured our wedding wonderfully, and I am so grateful. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone.

Profile Picture Grace, 6/8/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

I've had a camera in my hand since I was 5 and was pretty selective when it came to a wedding photographer. Tony captured a picture of my boyfriend (now husband) and I dancing many years ago at a friend's wedding and I was just mesmerized by the photos on his web site. I am completely in love with the photos he took at our wedding. His photos of the venue alone spoke volumes of the place - so much more than the photos I saw on their site too. I plan to show them to the venue too! All my friends also said the pictures came out SO good!

Profile Picture User3021239, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Tony pictures are amazing. He captured so many off-the-cuff, subtle moments between my husband and I and our wedding guests. I knew Tony's style was spontaneous as opposed to structured (e.g. not a series of typical wedding poses) but what we ended up getting back was an album full of pictures with so much LIFE in them. The pictures are simultaneously beautifully composed/artistic but also witty, silly, authentic and genuine. Most of all, I felt like his photography revealed the lighthearted nature of our relationship and how much fun we had just goofing off with Tony and his assistant Fern during our photoshoot that day. Looking at Tony's photos' is like reliving all the emotions of that day - even ones that I forgot after the fact. You won't regret hiring him.

Profile Picture G, 8/25/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Tony has been our favorite photographer for many many years. He has documented many aspects of our lifes that includes some of the most intimate, memorable, and important moments. He was there to document our 10 year anniversary and went all over NYC to photograph us in a variety of different locations in the blazing August humidity. Tony was also there to take pictures of our son when he was just a few months old and created some of the cutest photos of him we have to date. Tony is a creative artist and has the utmost professional attitude. He has an eye for what works with his subjects and the environment chosen. We are constantly impressed by him and very much look forward to having him photograph future events that are important to us!

Nancy & Steve