Tommy's Tunes Reviews

Tommy's Tunes 2
Tommy's Tunes 3
Tommy's Tunes 4

Alex · Married on 09/05/2015

I could not tell you how absolutely beyond satisfied we are with our DJ, Dominick, who really did everything plausible and then some to make our wedding incredibly special. We had retained Tommy's Tunes to provide DJ services for our small wedding of around 70 guests. We are so lucky to have made this choice. We had met with Dominick about a month prior to the wedding and were impressed with how organized he is. He was friendly, and genuinely interested to make our day truly special. There is a form for everything and basically all our requests and specifications are done in writing ahead of time. We are really picky and detail oriented by nature, so by the time our forms were filled out we were concerned that no one would be able to follow them. Dominic did not disappoint, and obviously spent a considerable amount of time preparing so that the night went off without a hitch. He was friendly, likeable, and most of all incredibly capable and organized. The guests loved the music and everything that we wanted was done the way that we wanted down to the final detail. Every song that we wanted was played and everything was seamless. A month after the wedding, we still look back on our DJ as the second best choice we made that day. He played every song that we requested. So detail oriented and incredibly nice.

Sent on 10/06/2015

nicole · Married on 09/05/2015

tommy tunes was great. on time, played everything we asked and then some stuck to what we wanted played. our MC: JASON did such a great job . very personable and got our guests up to dance and kept it alive our entire wedding. right before our ceremony one of our guests had fell ill and needed medical attention JASON was right there for her he is a paramedic. he helped take care of our guest and kept it professional. i as the bride did not know what was going on before hand or what happened, jason kept it low key and i wasnt informed until after we said I DO. thank you so much to everyone at tommy tunes and a special thank you to our MC JASON for such a great job and helping take care of our guest and she thanks you as well.
    sincerelly,
    nicole & joseph ventura

Sent on 10/20/2015
  • Jeff

Jeff · Married on 08/16/2015

Pro's
    Sales Pitch: Asks you what you want for your wedding, doesn't tell you what they will do for you.
    Options: Reasonably priced, no pressure.
    Payment: Fair deposit, don't haggle you for the rest until it's due!
    Attitude: Positive, approachable, realistic.
    Event: They absolutely know how to cater to the crowd, get people on the dance floor, pick their spots, etc.

Cons: ABSOLUTELY NONE.

Tommy's Tunes did a such great job with our wedding last night I had to log in today to write them a great review. Do not pick any other DJ company if you're on Long Island.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Michelle · Married on 08/09/2015

We are so happy we booked Tommy’s Tunes for our wedding! Throughout the whole process they were helpful, professional, and attentive. Our MC, Frank, made sure the music played was tailored to our tastes and he had everyone up and dancing the whole night. One guest told me she wished she could get a list of the songs they played because it was the perfect playlist for a party. You can tell they really know what they are doing and you won’t have to worry about the music - you can leave it all to them. We also had a guitarist, Dan, for our cocktail hour and he was perfect! I would highly recommend Tommy’s Tunes!

Sent on 09/19/2015

Cathy · Married on 08/07/2015

We wanted to personally thank Mr. Dan and his team for the amazing job they did at our wedding! We booked Tommys Tunes based on a recommendation from Reverend Nick. He raved about Tommy's Tunes and Dan personally. Dan's announcing was really fantastic, and the way he ran the party was beyond our expectations. We cant thank you enough for getting everyone up out of their chairs. Even Grandma Aven was cutting it up on the dance floor! Such an amazing night!
    Everyone in your team was fabulous. the DJ kept the party going and the photo booth attendant was such a great guy! My mom commented on how helpful he was!
    You really made our day special!
    Thank you so much!
    Mr. and Mrs. Aven

Sent on 08/10/2015

We were so happy with our MC Frank and the music they played for our wedding! We originally met with Tommy, the owner when first checking them out, and he was so accommodating to our budget and was extremely easy to work with. We had a daytime wedding on a Sunday, and I had had nerves about it being a weird time for a wedding reception and no one wanting to get up and dance - but Frank and the DJ were so amazing and had just about everyone up for the entire time, were never pushy or obnoxious trying to get people motivated and were so good at reading the crowd. We (and everyone else) had a great time at our wedding largely thanks to these guys.

Sent on 09/06/2015

Tommy Tunes was fantastic. Everyone was up and dancing the entire night. Throughout the entire planning process, everyone was so helpful and accommodating, especially with having to make a lot of last minute changes. All of the guests have had nothing but amazing things to say about the music and entire night. Thank You Tommy Tunes!!

Sent on 08/08/2015

Michael · Married on 07/25/2015

Dan and Izzy did a great job and were instrumental with everyone having a great time at our daughters wedding. Would highly recommend using their services.

Sent on 07/28/2015

Joanna · Married on 07/19/2015

Tommy's Tunes was recommended to us by our venue, and we couldn't have been happier!

MC Dan was a perfect fit for our event, he made sure to play songs that we enjoyed (during dinner, since they weren't appropriate for dancing) and keep everyone dancing and happy during the event. He really listened to what we wanted. He also pronounced everyone's name correctly.

We also hired our ceremony musicians from Tommy's Tunes and the music was beautiful.

We added on a photo booth from them and received a flash drive of all the photos, which was awesome.

They are true professionals and are experts in their field.

Sent on 07/30/2015

Nicole · Married on 07/18/2015

Dan the MC and Mike the DJ were amazing with a tough crowd. Got everyone on their feet. Very mature and professional as well. Great job.

Sent on 07/23/2015

Cara · Married on 07/12/2015

My husband and I recently got married and used Tommy's Tunes for our July 2015 wedding at the Venetian Yacht Club. Steve, our DJ, did a great job with the music all night long, and Dan was a stellar MC! All of our friends and family raved about their work. My college friends (from upstate NY) asked me if Dan was a famous NYC radio DJ because he was so amazing! They both made our wedding day absolutely perfect in every way. They were extremely personable, entertaining, and attune to what all of our guests wanted throughout the night. We couldn't have asked for a better MC and DJ! We highly recommend Tommy's Tunes to all!

Sent on 08/19/2015

kristi · Married on 07/11/2015

I highly recommend Tommy Tunes! After my cousin's wedding they were an absolute MUST for my wedding! Boy was it worth it! At one point there was only 20/225 guests still in their seats! Their professionalism is amazing! Every email you send them or phone call, you get an immediate response. The percussionist added an extra flare to every song. The DJ and MC quickly got a feel of the crowd and the bride/groom and got everyone dancing! Everyone raved about the wedding and our fabulous DJ. I am truly thankful for Tommy Tunes! I highly suggest Tommy Tunes and will continue to spread the good word about their company! Thank you Tommy, Espo, DJ Dwayne, Percussionist Pat!! You made my wedding memorable!

Sent on 08/07/2015

Jillian · Married on 07/10/2015

We loved Tommy's Tunes at my cousins wedding and we knew we had to book them for ours!!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Ashley · Married on 07/10/2015

Dan, our MC, was great through the planning and on our wedding day. He was funny, charismatic and knew how to create an enjoyable atmosphere for our guests. He listened to our requests and needs and then delivered! I highly recommend Tommy's Tunes. We also used TT for a string trio for our ceremony and a steel drum for our cocktail hour- we were really happy with our choices!

Sent on 07/24/2015

Lauren · Married on 07/03/2015

I am so happy we decided to use Tommy's tunes! I keep getting comments from all of my guests about how amazing the music was. People were dancing all night! I was so nervous about the ceremony music but everything went off flawlessly! These people really know what they are doing. The MC Frank was so great and addressed any needs that I had throughout the night. IWll definitely use them for all of my music needs!

Sent on 07/09/2015

billy · Married on 06/28/2015

Tommy tunes provided music at my wedding at the Larkfield Manor and they were outstanding. I have already recommended their services to several friends who are having upcoming session g. Top notch service, they are excellent!

Sent on 07/01/2015

Rebecca · Married on 06/28/2015

We had Dan as our one-man DJ/MC and he was amazing!! We spoke with him on the phone for more than an hour about all of our music choices and he really helped us through the process. We also wanted specific cultural music played, and he said it was no problem so we provided him the music and he played it! His timing was perfect and he was great to work with. We told him we wanted a non-stop dance party, and that's what he gave us. When we had a small change in the scheduling, we responded quickly and said it was no problem. Thanks, Dan!!

Sent on 07/08/2015
  • Catie

Catie · Married on 06/27/2015

Frank. Was. Awesome. As bummed as I was that it was pouring outside, Frank made it sunshine and rainbows and some pumping beats all night on the dance floor, no one noticed the weather. People have come up to me and said it was the best DJ they've ever heard at a wedding. The dance floor was literally packed the entire night - what I loved about how Frank organized it was from cocktail hour to the reception - after the first dances and introductions, he went straight into some "get up and dance" songs that prevented that after cocktail dinner full "lull" you usually get. There were some last minute changes that I didn't get to inform Frank until the day of, and he handled it with professionalism and smoothed everything over. We gave Frank a song list of about 50 or so songs that we wanted to hear if possible, knowing that we couldn't hear them all, and I swear he hit almost all of them. We also booked our ceremony music through TT - the father/son guitar/cello players were absolutely fantastic and had all of our songs perfected without even meeting them.

We were absolutely blown away by Tommy's Tunes and would recommend them to any one who's looking to have an amazing time at their wedding.

Sent on 07/12/2015

Loren · Married on 06/27/2015

Tommy Tunes did not disappoint! All my husband and I wanted was a packed dance floor and smiling faces. Tommy Tunes kept the music flowing and the crowd happy. The gaged the type of couple we are from our must play list and they ran with it. We also opted to book the photo booth through Tommy Tunes and people LOVED it! We received the extra photos and they were hilarious. My sister used Tommy Tunes, I used Tommy Tunes and I recommend all brides who want a professional DJ and MC who know what they are doing to book Tommy Tunes. You will not be upset you did!

Sent on 08/10/2015

Shannen · Married on 06/12/2015

We had such a great time at our wedding. Dan was very professional and was such a great MC! He made sure everyone was up and dancing the whole night. I highly recommend Dan and Tommy Tunes!

Sent on 06/29/2015

AWESOME. We heard great things about Tommy's Tunes and the moment we sat down with Steve, we were confident in our decision to hire them. We started off with a steel drummer at our cocktail hour, which was such a nice touch and set the mood for the rest of the night. Our DJ Steven played all the music we wanted and kept the party going on. Joe, our MC, was full of energy from the very start and fit in with our family and friends perfectly. He led a version of Meatloaf's Paradise By The Dashboard light that was nothing short of epic. The drummer that played alongside the DJ was a great answer to the "DJ vs band" question and took the party to a whole other level. If you want a FUN wedding, Tommy's will be your best bet!

Sent on 02/05/2016

Laura · Married on 05/09/2015

Tommy's tunes was amazing!! They were recommended to me from a coworker and I'm so glad I listened to him!! Dan was the best MC and absolutely knew what he was doing. He had all my guests up all night dancing. Our wedding was two weeks ago and people are still raving about the music!

Sent on 05/23/2015

Beth · Married on 04/25/2015

Tommy's Tunes was one of the best vendors we worked with. They were a complete joy to work with from the first meeting, to the appointment with our MC to pick our songs. They are personable, professional, and most importantly, amazing at what they do. Our dance floor was never empty, the song choices were perfect and made our day absolutely perfect. We could not be happier with their work, Joe E was an absolute rockstar as our MC.

Sent on 07/20/2015

steven · Married on 04/24/2015

Amazing Dj Everyone loved the music. Knew exactly what to do in every situation. Would highly recommend this DJ!!!!

Sent on 05/14/2015

Michael · Married on 04/24/2015

Tommy Tunes was great. Our DJ Dominic was fantastic. Their owner Tommy was great. These guys were as good as it gets. FANTASTIC.

Sent on 06/02/2015