Tommy's Tunes Reviews

Tommy's Tunes 2
Tommy's Tunes 3
Tommy's Tunes 4

Lisa · Married on 07/30/2016

They were amazing. We had a DJ & MC. The music selection was great. The MC was so fun and never seemed to stop dancing. We had requested a song to be played for a dance with the immediate family. After a little bit, we wanted the rest of the guests to come up and dance. As the song was not a very well known song, we didn't expect many people to come up and dance. They had chosen a great version of the song that we had never heard before. And the MC had the entire dance floor filled! It meant so much to me. My mother was crying happy tears. It was a highlight of the reception to me.
    We had an amazing time. We can't thank Tommy's Tunes enough!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Jackie · Married on 07/09/2016

Where do I start with Tommy Tunes? They were absolutely amazing! From the time of our first dance together as husband and wife to the last dance of the night, tommy tunes kept us moving.... every single one of us. If you have the opportunity to request an MC please please please choose PJ he is amazing!! His energy alone got everyone out of there seats and onto the dance floor. He and the DJ went over everything with us during cocktail hour including when we would do our first dance, parent dances and cake cutting, etc. The selection of music the DJ played was amazing and I the bride didn't sit down for the entire night. If you need a good DJ pick Tommy Tunes you wont be disappointed.

Sent on 03/08/2017

megan · Married on 07/04/2016

Tommy's Tunes was a great choice for our wedding! Frank made us feel comfortable from the start and they had people on the dance floor from start to finish. Definitely recomend1

Sent on 07/13/2016

Susan · Married on 06/25/2016

After researching DJ's for our wedding we knew we had to go with Tommy's Tunes. We knew how important the music was and that it could make or break the party. Tommy's Tunes played all the songs I picked out and it went perfectly. From the ceremony music, to the guitarist at cocktail hour, to the DJ, MC, and Lighting Specialist at the reception. My biggest fear was my guests wouldn't be dancing. We couldn't get people off the dance floor. They played the perfect mix of old and new songs along with some remixes. I would definitely recommend them to anyone that wants to dance all night long with their guests.

Sent on 06/26/2016

Alyssa · Married on 06/25/2016

We had DJ Mody and MC PJ along with a drummer and saxophone player (Curtis) for our wedding on June 25, 2016. The combination of all the musicians made for an amazing evening. They really know how to get people up and dancing. Since the wedding we have gotten a ton of compliments on the DJ and musicians, especially Curtis. He was out in the crowd the whole night interacting with our guests. We cannot say enough about Tommy's Tunes, DJ Mody, PJ, the drummer, and Curtis. They helped make the reception one to remember!

Sent on 08/20/2016

Jill · Married on 06/24/2016

Thank you to Tommy Tunes and our mc Joe for a wonderful wedding! They played great music and responded to every request! Joe was full of energy and we are so happy with their service!!!

Sent on 06/26/2016

Christina · Married on 06/05/2016

My husband and I chose Tommy’s Tunes as it was one our venue’s preferred venues and because they were well rated. We worked with Steven, who was friendly and easy to work with. We researched on multiple websites to find the top rated DJs at Tommy’s Tunes and then submitted our request for Dominick as our DJ. Luckily, we were assigned Dominick for our wedding. He did a fantastic job. He was able to properly read the crowd and knew what types of songs would get people up and dancing. I provided him a long list of songs, but I told him that I trusted him to choose whichever songs he felt were appropriate. The majority of our guests danced and they danced up until the end of the night! Even the older guests got up and danced! We also had a jazz guitarist for the happy hour. Unfortunately, we weren’t able to attend the happy hour due to photos but heard from many that the jazz guitarist was great. Also, we had a photographer go around and take “zap photos”, which were then displayed on two screens. The zap photos and screens were a nice touch. We would highly recommend Tommy’s Tunes and especially DJ Dominick.

Sent on 06/21/2016

Melissa · Married on 06/04/2016

I had my sweet sixteen last night and I had Tommy's Tunes for my DJ, MC and photographer. The MC was PJ and he was amazing!! All my friends enjoyed his moves that he would show them!! I'm a shy girl and PJ's the one that got me up and dancing. He got all my guest up dancing to. He was always asking if I was ok or if I needed anything. Everyone said that he was good!! The DJ was also great. He played awesome music. They were both very professional. My cousin used Tommy's Tunes for his wedding and now my other cousin is going to use them for her wedding. I would highly recommend Tommy Tunes!

Sent on 06/05/2016

Diana · Married on 05/22/2016

Thank you so much to my emcee, Joe, and all of Tommy's Tunes for the EXCELLENT service they provided for my wedding. If I could give them 10 stars I would! We used Tommy's Tunes for our reception and cocktail hour, used their photobooth service (which was awesome, guests loved it!) and also had a percussionist performing. Everyone thought that was so cool! Tommy's Tunes helped me every step of the way, and knew exactly what they were doing which was great because I didn't! They were patient, professional and courteous, they responded immediately to any question or uncertainty I had with the planning process. These are THE DJs to use! My guests still cannot stop raving about what a great party it was! Thank you guys for making it a dream come true!!!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Brittany · Married on 05/13/2016

Tommys tunes was amazing, everything was made stress free and simple while still be really personal. We had joe as our MC and he was amazing. He was having fun right along with us and he was very funny. I would suggest joe for sure you won't regret it. They played all of our music and everyone was dancing the night away. It's like the DJ knew what additional songs I would like too because a great mix was played, It was perfect. We also got the photobooth and everyone had a blast with that, photo booth is a must have! We got a flash drive of all the photobooth pictures which was great. Pick Tommys tunes for an awesome wedding night! They know what they are doing and won't let you down or have you worry! Plus they were really well priced...can't beat that!

Sent on 05/28/2016

We used Tommy's Tunes for both our Ceremony and Cocktail Hour/Reception and we absolutely loved them!! They were very attentive and responsive to all of our needs. They catered to our specific tastes and played music that all of our guests (spanning several decades in age) could enjoy. When it came to planning they were not obnoxious in terms of pressuring us into a larger package or upgrades which was something we had experienced with other vendors. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a top notch DJ who is willing to give you exactly what you want!

Sent on 05/01/2016

Rebecca · Married on 04/23/2016

Tommy met with us on several occasions and each time, we had great fun in talking with Tommy. He has some great stories, and is such a professional. Upon meeting with Tommy, I instantly knew that his company was going to provide us with a DJ experience that would fit us perfectly. Our wedding was more of an intimate affair and Tommy suggested a DJ/MC instead of a separate MC. Dominic was our DJ/MC and he provided music for our entire wedding. He transitioned perfectly from the ceremony, to the cock-tail hour and finally to the reception. He used every song that we requested and timed them absolutely perfectly. He was able to read the crowd and us and know exactly what to play and when to play it. There were some things that we had to alter and omit from traditional style weddings, but he was able to execute this flawlessly. During the reception, there were a few requests by myself and guests placed, and he had no issue playing them when the timing was right. Just days before the wedding, the maid of honor requests a screen to play a slideshow and a video during the reception. Tommy’s Tunes had absolutely no problem providing this to us. Overall, we could not have asked for a better vendor or a better DJ/MC to provide these services to us on our special day. You will NOT be dissatisfied working with Tommy’s Tunes or any of his DJ’s/MC’s!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Matt · Married on 04/22/2016

Tommy's Tunes did a great job for our engagement party and wedding!! Can't recommend them enough. Charlie chose a perfect selection of songs based on the preferences we had given. Everyone was up dancing the whole night. Frank was an amazing MC and judged the crowd exactly right. Would go with them again for other events in a heartbeat.

Sent on 03/26/2017

Meghan · Married on 03/19/2016

I just got married this past Saturday and we had Tommy Tunes for our DJ and MC. They were absolutely amazing!! P.J. was our MC ,and he was awesome!! He was friendly and got my guest up and dancing. He was always asking if we were ok or if we needed anything. All my guest raved about him. The DJ was also great. He played awesome music. They were both very perfessional. I would highly recommend Tommy Tunes. My father wants to have another party just so we can have P.J. as the MC.

Sent on 03/21/2016

We were referred by another vendor and I don't regret it at all. They were prompt and knew what we generally wanted, very up to date with their music trend and style. They did so well during the reception and had many people partying/dancing til the end. I loved their services and referred them to some friends. They got a good response from the crowd and we all loved it! We were up all night, MC was good and music was awesome!

Sent on 04/14/2016
  • User5121924 · 2+ years ago

So knowledgable and accommodating. Dan is incredible and put us at ease. He knew so much about our venue (Fox Hollow) and even our particular room. He had videos and pictures of our specific room as well. He was sociable and very like able, which was important to us in choosing our DJ. We highly recommended Tommy Tunes and Dan in particular!

Sent on 08/06/2015

We really felt Tommy understood us as a couple, our crowd, and the kind of vibe we wanted to set. We had a relatively small wedding (105) with an older (Gen X and up) crowd and lots of dancers, but also knew it was not going to be a blow-out, over-the-top party scene. Tommy was super relaxed, friendly, professional, and experienced and knew the right DJ (Dominic) to match us up with. Tommy’s managers are very organized and kept us on track in terms of our song selections and even cut and spliced a special salsa song that we danced to. The whole team really went above and beyond to make us happy. Dominic was perfect...kept the crowd dancing with our favorites and similar tunes, and was great about making all of the announcements we requested and keeping the energy high without being too intrusive. Because we had a small-ish party and low-key crowd, we didn’t really feel the need for a separate MC and Tommy was the only vendor we met with who understood this and didn’t try to push us to get both a DJ and MC. He was right...we really didn’t need both and it would have been overkill and not right for our party. Tommy recommended we get his guitar player (Dan) for our cocktail hour and we’re really glad we spent money on this instead. Guests loved the guitar player and he helped to keep the party-vibe going early on. Tommy also had a great recommendation to bring in lounge furniture to our reception. Our guests didn’t really use the furniture that much but we are still glad we got it because it made the room look nice and I think if we had had a longer reception, it would have been used more. Overall, Tommy’s Tunes is a really service-oriented and professional company with a goal towards creating the right party for your crowd as opposed to just selling their thing. Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 08/03/2016

laura · Married on 11/13/2015

We were absolutely thrilled with Tommy’s Tunes. They played exactly what we had selected and talked about. Tommy was helpful throughout the process and was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 12/07/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 10/23/2015

Our DJ, Joe, had our friends and family dancing the entire night! In our pre-wedding meetings with Steve, we shared our hopes for a dance filled night, and a DJ that would be fun and engaging without being over the top. Joe was amazing, and in telling him our few music choices, he was able to read our tastes and played great, great music. My feet hurt even though I switched to flats, that's how much I danced! Thanks for making our wedding night so much fun!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Tommy's Tunes did an amazing job for our wedding in New York City. They provided music during the ceremony, live music during the cocktail hour and kept everyone on the dance floor during the reception. So many people came up to us during the wedding after party saying how great the music was, the transition from song to song was so smooth and Eric, the DJ, did a great job incorporating some special songs that we had requested. The MC, Frank, was sensational, he was engaging, always moving around, he set the tone of the party and was very accommodating to any request. Eric and Frank made the party extra special and the compliments from our guests reaffirmed our decision to hire Tommy's Tunes. We found Tommy's Tunes by attending a friend's wedding a year before our own and anyone who chooses them will not regret their decision.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Ann · Married on 10/10/2015

Best service EVER!

My husband and I saw Tommy's Tunes do a great job at a few of our other friends weddings. We loved their work but originally hired an MC that could speak Cantonese and English for some of my relatives. However, our previous MC cancelled on us One Month before the wedding. We were pissed. Luckily, we remembered Tommy Tunes and they were great enough to fill in with such short notices. We had MC Joe and he did a great job of introducing everyone. Luckily most of our family and friends were dancers. The DJ had them on the floor all night. He played a great mix and Joe barely had to say anything else the rest of the night. Couldn't have been happier with their service. We also got the open air photo booth with them. It was a great choice because we were able to fit A LOT of people in each shot

Sent on 12/12/2015

Dara · Married on 10/09/2015

We loved Joe he was absolutely friendly and professional and couldn't have asked for a better MC than him and everyone loved I'm as well

Sent on 10/26/2015

Liz · Married on 10/09/2015

Tommy's Tunes was awesome, and our MC Dan did such a great job. Some MC's can be annoying but he was so great and made sure everyone was where they needed to be within our party at all times!

Sent on 11/04/2015

We spent a lot of time talking to our friends and family members about the DJs they had at their weddings and how they went about finding them. We also did hours upon hours of internet research to find good reputations and prices. We concluded one thing: go with what you know. We heard a lot of horror stories about couples that have gone with a DJ company that had a great reputation, but they hated it. The bottom line is that music is a fluid industry; it is constantly changing and everyones taste is different. If you've been to a wedding and loved the DJ, hire them! If you are still looking then look no further than Tommy's Tunes. We first heard Tommy's Tunes when my wife and I attended by brothers wedding years earlier. We loved them and from talking to all our friends and hearing their horror stories, we knew Tommy's Tunes was who we needed. Yes we could have taken a chance on another company, but why would we? We knew Tommy's Tunes was not only carrying a phenomenal reputation but we had heard them and spent a wedding with them. Dominique was our DJ and Joe was our MC. GET THIS TEAM! You have never seen so many people up on their feet dancing so quickly. We danced and partied all night long. We gave the DJ one instruction before the wedding. That instruction was to have an upbeat dance party and make it fun. They nailed it. You'd be crazy to go with any other company. Hire Tommy's Tunes now! Seriously, they book a year in advance. They are that good.

Sent on 11/13/2015

Danielle · Married on 09/11/2015

Tommy's is the best in the business! No need to look elsewhere. We met with Tommy, amazing guy. We booked on our first meeting. No pressure, super down to earth. We requested Joe E as our MC. We have seen him before at other weddings and this guys is the MC of ALLLLLLL MC's. Our family are dancers, but if they werent, there is no way this guy wont get people up and dancing. He has so much energy, he is out there dancing along with you! Never had an issue with this company. I emailed them a song I forgot to add to list when we sat down with Tommy before the wedding and they made sure it played. The music was everything we asked for. Could not have asked for a better experience with a vendor. Save your time meeting with a ton of DJ's and just book with Tommy. You wont be disappointed!

Sent on 10/03/2015