Tom Wall Photography Reviews

Tom Wall Photography 7
  • Rikki

Rikki Saperstein · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing Photos!

Tom and his team did a fantastic job of capturing our day! We have so many beautiful photos to choose from and he really captured the whole thing from start to finish. It was the hottest day of the year, and you would have no idea by the photos. I couldn't be happier with the photos from my wedding and I am so happy I have them for years to come. Highly recommend Tom and his team!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Tom Wall Photography's reply:

Thanks, Rikki! You and John and families and friends made it a dream day for us. Okay, maybe it didn't have to be 105 degrees! ;)

Jason May · Married on 08/04/2018

Wouldn't Change a Thing!

From the first time my wife and I spoke with Tom we knew that he was the photographer that we were meant to use. Through our first few conversations with him he understood what we were looking for in our photos and was beyond helpful through the entire process. My wife and her family have always went to Lake George and having a photographer who knows his landscape so well helped to pick all of our locations around the venue based on sun light, time of day, etc. As our ceremony ended there was a quick 25 minute rain storm, that brought about a beautiful rainbow to cap off such an amazing day!

If we had to do it over again, we wouldn't change a thing! Working with Tom and his staff was everything that we could have asked for. They were great through the entire process and I would suggest Tom to anyone who asked our opinion!

Sent on 12/06/2018
  • Casey

Casey Meyer · Married on 06/23/2018

Best Wedding Photographer We Could Have Ever Asked For!!!

I’m here to pass along the highest possible recommendation for Tom Wall Photography. Tom and the entire TWP team are completely dialed in and great to work with. They did an incredible job at our wedding, and I strongly encourage you to consider reaching out to discuss your next event with him.

Choosing a photographer for a meaningful event is a big choice, but my wife and I felt comfortable with Tom from the very first conversation we had with him. He and his team have a great eye for capturing all the most important moments in interesting and stunning ways. They also have the technical skill to produce really high quality shots, and their online delivery system makes it super easy to download your photos, share with friends & family, or order prints.

On top of all that, Tom is a really nice guy with a great demeanor to have around during big moments. Your wedding photographer is going to be right there with you throughout the day, and I think it’s extremely useful and important to have someone who’s experienced and professional but also down to earth, someone who’s easy to talk to, someone who’s light-hearted and funny when that’s called for – but who can also be serious and help keep things on track and running smoothly when you’re dealing with the unexpected twists and turns of a wedding day, and someone who seems to truly care about his clients and who puts in the extra effort to capture the personalities and interests of the couples he works with. Tom is all of those things, and you’ll appreciate it both during your event and when you’re seeing the final product.

There are lots of choices for photographers out there and plenty of people you can hire to take great pictures. Tom Wall Photography will get you get you great photos as well, but he’s also a fantastic person to work with and will increase your chances of getting some of those “wow” shots that you’ll cherish forever. Take a look at his work online, give him a call or send him an email and get to know him a little bit, you will not regret it.

-Andy & Casey Meyer

Sent on 12/16/2018
    Tom Wall Photography 8
    Tom Wall Photography 9
    Tom Wall Photography 10
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/02/2018

More than we could have asked for

In short, I couldn't have asked for a better photographer and team for our wedding. Tom's more than a photographer, he's an event planner, friend, and advisor while being a professional through and through. We are genuinely looking forward to another excuse to use Tom's services in the future.

I'll also note our guests liked him so much that they took pictures of Tom and his team and posted them to Facebook along with the rest of their photos from our wedding!

Okay, into details. There were a few key things that drew us to Tom's approach:

1. Tom doesn't just show up day of. He's with you every step of the way and essentially becomes your planner for your event. When we first talked with him he said "you won't have to think about any timing or logistics on the day of". I thought ok sure but I'm type A there's no way that's happening. I maintained that stance even thought the months that followed where Tom helped me put together a full run of day plan including where I needed to be and when, who else needed to be there, vendors that needed to be coordinated, etc. He advised us where we were at a loss for the best way to approach things (from how much time to allot for guest transportation when scheduling events to how to account for wide disparity in heights among our wedding party).

Come day of I had sent the expertly crafted run of day that Tom put together to all the important people so they knew where to be and printed my own version so I could be ready at hand when people were late or to check that I myself was running on time. I never looked at my print out. HIs explanations of where family members needed to be for pictures made it easy for them to follow and his team guided us through the day with ease. We had time for all of our pictures, never feeling rushed, never moving off course, and never missing a fun impromptu photoop!

2. Tom listens. I mentioned before that there were a lot of things we didn't know when planning our wedding. But there were some key things that we knew needed to happen. Certain family members couldn't be in pictures together - he me them early on, remembered their names and navigated that difficult situation with ease. I had a few candid photos I wanted taken, he was there ready and waiting. We did not want a first look but we also wanted to attend our cocktail hour, he advised on the scheduling to make it all work.

3. Tom does not act alone, in fact he doesn't even act with just a partner, he comes to your event with two team members - a second photographer and a logistics/coordinator/assistant/all around fixer and helper. This means you get pictures from multiple angles for any given special moment. It also means that someone is there to think about lighting, film, and keeping everyone on schedule while the other two can focus strictly on the job at hand. I also have to mention the entire team was lovely. We knew Tom was personable and incredibly easy to get along with since we had talked to him so much leading up to the day but I had so much fun with the rest of his team, laughing and joking the whole day.

4. He gets it. Simple as that. He knows how important this day is to his clients and he wants to make it as easy for you as possible. Maybe even more importantly, he knows you're going to want to relive your special event, moment by moment ASAP. We got our first look at our photos while still on honeymoon. He actually sent some early special so I could send to my dad for Father's Day (our wedding was the weekend prior). The rest of our photos quickly followed once we got home. We have now ordered our album through him and he's communicated with us regularly, working together to find the album that matches our style, adding his own thoughts based on his knowledge of us as a couple and what we'd find important.

Talk to him. Understand his approach more. You will not regret it. You won't find anyone better.

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • O

Olivia · Married on 05/19/2018

My father recommended Tom Wall Photography because this guys photos are absolutely breathtaking! We haven't gotten wedding photos from him yet but just by seeing his studio and all the beautiful weddings he has had you can just tell he is amazing at what he does

Sent on 12/16/2017

Gabrielle · Married on 05/12/2018

Where do I even begin with Tom. I have had my eye on him since the moment I was engaged. His work is spectacular & I knew I had to have him as my photographer. The first time my husband & I met him we knew we made the right choice. He is so warm, welcoming, professional, organized & not to mention funny (he had us laughing throughout our entire first meeting). It was as if we knew him forever. Tom made my wedding planning process absolutely stress free. He is extremely professional & organized & the easiest person to work with- I cannot stress this enough. He had our entire wedding day timed out by the minute & this eased my nervous tremendously! (Also, everything went so perfectly on our wedding day because of his timeline I thought I was dreaming). He also answers emails incredibly fast & this was a big thing for me. My husband & I were very nervous about our pictures being taken for our wedding day because we feel as though we can both be awkward in pictures & not the most photogenic. On the day of the wedding, Tom made my husband & I feel BEYOND comfortable & confident. He constantly reminded me how great I looked & how amazing the photos were looking so far. This made me feel so confident & happy. I was able to have so much fun taking pictures all day with my husband instead of feeling nervous, thanks to Tom. His assistant Lauren, who is just as great as he is, made me feel like I was the most beautiful woman on the planet all day. This was absolutely everything to me. She was such a sweetheart and a joy to be around all day. Tom & Lauren are two of the nicest people we could have ever imagined spending our wedding day with. You would be a FOOL not to book Tom for your big day. Most importantly of all, we LOVE every single one of our photos. They are all so beautiful & we will treasure them forever. Thank you Tom & Lauren for being the absolute BEST & making our special day the most magical day we could have ever possibly imagined. We love you guys!

Sent on 06/11/2018
    Tom Wall Photography 11

Kristy · Married on 10/28/2017

Tom and team were organized and very nice to work with on our wedding day! They definitely blended into the background well so as not to disrupt the celebrations but still capturing the great moments. We appreciated Tom's input leading up to the wedding as we planned timelines and went over all the details. We got our photos within a month of the wedding (plus some sneak peek photos the next day, which was so exciting!) and they were totally stunning as expected. Our friends have commented on how beautiful the pictures are and we totally agree!

Sent on 12/11/2017

sara · Married on 10/14/2017

We worked with Tom and his team for our engagement and wedding photos, they were nothing but impressive from start to finish. Tom was thorough, professional but down to earth and very easy to get a long with. We felt that he listened to us and understood exactly what we were looking for in a wedding photographer. My now husband and I are not the most comfortable in front of the camera so we loved looking through Tom's portfolio and seeing so many natural, candid, "captured the moment" shots-- exactly what we were looking for. Tom has a great eye and just seems to know where those awesome shots are. Tom had never shot at our venue before but before the big day he made a trip (an 1.5 hr trip!) up to the venue to check it out! On the big day he already knew the property and where the beautiful backdrops would be. Our meetings with him prior to the wedding were very helpful and honestly helped us plan our own wedding! He asked us questions and helped us plan things we had not even thought about! His experience in the field was invaluable to us! On the day of the wedding, Tom and his team arrived promptly and seemed to fit right in with our crowd! They were flexible with us when our schedule got sightly out of line-- which kept me from stressing! They were professional yet light-hearted and joked with us all day! During the ceremony and reception, while we knew they were somewhere, we didn't notice them at all! They seemed to be in all of the right places at the right times, but in a subtle way! My grandfather and father both complimented Tom and his team's unobtrusive style and sense of humor. Throughout the reception Tom and our DJ worked together to keep the night's schedule on track and flowing seamlessly! We were able to relax and have a great time at our wedding, not worrying about logistics! We received our photos within a month of the wedding and now we cannot decide which ones to frame! Tom was a great choice and we absolutely recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 12/07/2017
    Tom Wall Photography 17
    Tom Wall Photography 18
    Tom Wall Photography 19

Claudia · Married on 10/08/2017

It was a true pleasure to work with Tom. From our very first meeting, we knew he was the right photographer for us! Tom always made us feel valued and that he was truly invested in our wedding day. His stunning work speaks for itself, but I must say that Tom and his assistant Lauren did an amazing job of capturing the abundance of love we felt that day. Thank you, Tom and Lauren!!!! Love, Ben and Claudia

Sent on 11/10/2017
    Tom Wall Photography 24
    Tom Wall Photography 25
    Tom Wall Photography 26

Thomas · Married on 10/07/2017

I wanted an exceptional photographer for my daughter's wedding. Tom Wall and his team exceeded my expectations in every way. Professional, capable, and experienced- his advice and guidance helped make for a great day and excellent photos.

Sent on 10/10/2017

Lindsey · Married on 07/22/2017

Tom and his crew did such a great job for our wedding. He was a lot of fun to be around and to plan with. He made my husband and I feel comfortable the whole time. Our photos turned out better than we could ever have imagined. We would highly recommend Tom and his team to anyone looking for pictures. Thank you Tom!!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Jenna · Married on 06/17/2017

Tom and his assistants were absolutely amazing at our wedding in Lake George, New York! They were incredibly professional and we would recommend him to anyone looking for stunning photos to capture their most important day! Tom knew the grounds of the Inn at Erlowest so well and he was able to capture the perfect photos to reflect our wedding day. He has helped us every step of the way including the planning (he put together a schedule for us the day of the wedding so we could stay on track), throughout the wedding, and even after once the pictures were ready to be viewed and share with our loved ones. He took a lot of the stress out of our wedding day so that we could just enjoy our special day. We are so grateful to have found him!

Sent on 03/07/2018

Tom Wall Photography's reply:

Thanks for writing this review, Jenna! I genuinely appreciate you taking the time. You and Justin planned a beautiful wedding and I'm so glad you chose us for the photography. It was a great day, in every way!

Grace · Married on 05/20/2017

We can’t say enough about Tom and his team. The consummate professional and talent. The pictures and art speak for themselves. The man has honed his craft, knows the shots, the angles, how to use the most out of the venue, etc. But with Tom you get so much more. He is a wedding advisor/secondary planner and on the day of your wedding a good time-field general keeping everything moving in the right direction. Leading up to our big day Tom spent so much time with us walking through the day, the timeline our plans, sharing his experience all while working with us to make us feel comfortable and excited. He has a great personality and runs a tight ship helping us corral our parents and relatives and wedding party. A joy to work with, adding to our great memories and we love our photos! Thanks, Tom and team!!

Sent on 01/21/2018
    Tom Wall Photography 27
    Tom Wall Photography 28

Susan · Married on 05/06/2017

We had a great time working with Tom and his team, he was able to accommodate all of our ideas and large families! Tom did a great job capturing the day and focusing on the candid moment which were very important to me. He and his assistant kept us on time and even early to the church which was key because we were planning to do large family photos with all sides and we were on a time crunch at the end of mass.
    Tom was flexible with the package as we were not interested in engagement photos or the some other pieces and we were able to work with him on creating our own package that was a perfect fit for us.
    We did take advantage of his photo booth, making sure that it was in the ballroom (I recommend this if space is available for ALL brides, this way the guests are not outside waiting in another room and missing the dance party). Our guests loved the photo booth and we can't wait to see the pictures from that!
    Thanks for everything Tom.

Sent on 05/19/2017

Martha · Married on 10/22/2016

Tom and his assistant Lauren were amazing during our wedding. They were extremely organized and provided my OCD self with enough info for me to trust them with our wedding day pictures. Even though it ended up raining, the pictures came out amazing and truly breathtaking! Tom was extremely easy to work with and super efficient- we got our family photos done with time to make it to our cocktail hour. We're so happy with the outcome and will definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer !

Sent on 02/12/2017

Dev · Married on 09/24/2016

I cannot recommend Tom and his staff enough! I am extremely detail oriented, and from our initial meeting with Tom a year ago, I knew he was the perfect photographer for us. After our engagement session last fall, I had absolutely no concerns about the quality of our photos for the wedding because everything looked amazing.

During the year leading up to the wedding, he was extremely responsive to my emails and texts and never made me feel obnoxious (even though I totally was). The schedule Tom put together about two months before the wedding was a life saver and set me at ease.

On the day of the wedding, Tom and his two assistants were punctual, dressed professionally, and extremely funny and calm, which put all of us in a great mood. He was great at making sure everything remained on schedule and was able to wrangle our crazy family members into what I'm sure are amazing pictures.

Tom and his staff were my rock during the entire planning process and wedding day, and I cannot wait to see our photos. I would work with him again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Tom and his team were the best! I felt like I had my own personal assistants with me on my wedding day, not just photographers. They were on point with everything, and had a schedule for the day to make sure that we got all of the pictures we wanted, and that everything went smoothly. So happy to have had him capture our day.

Sent on 09/06/2016

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/03/2016

Tom and his team are phenomenal. The pictures speak for themselves-- they are amazing! He captured our day perfectly and we had a great time with him and his team on the day of the wedding. Above and beyond the final product/ease on the day of, Tom was the greatest partner from the day we starting working with him. He worked with us to understand what we wanted for our big day and helped us create a plan that ensured we got all the pictures we wanted, but also enjoyed our day. The schedule he helped us create made our day work out so smoothly. Can't thank Tom and team enough!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Melissa · Married on 05/21/2016

Tom and his team did a great job photographing all the moments throughout our wedding day. From the moment that we contacted Tom, he was extremely professional and prompt with answering all our emails and questions. I met with Tom at the beginning of the planning process and spent most of the time after that planning our wedding long distance. Tom helped us prepare a thorough timeline and offered his professional opinion whenever we had questions, which helped the day run smoothly. The day of the wedding, Tom, Lauren, and Nicole all made us feel comfortable, capturing the details and important moments. Following the wedding, we received our photos quickly and when we look at them we feel as if we are reliving our wedding day. We have been extremely happy working with Tom and his team, and would recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer.

Sent on 06/22/2016

Nicole · Married on 01/16/2016

Tom was amazing from the very first email inquiry I sent him. Unlike some other photographers we were considering, he responded incredibly promptly and always made us feel important--even before we signed our contract. Tom was very thorough about his process and services, and also very open and flexible to our wants and needs.

Like most couples, we had a specific budget. We had a small, simple wedding and our photography expectations were simple as well. Our off-season wedding date helped in this area, and Tom worked with us to build a contract that made sense for our needs. What really stood out to us is that he didn't cut corners, even for a budget that may have been on the smaller side for weddings he typically does. All of the other quotes we received cut out the assistance/help they would have on our wedding day. To them, a "smaller" budget meant one photographer on the job rather than the 2+ they may normally have. Tom kept a usual staff on the job and we cut in other areas on things we weren't even expecting anyway. Having more than one photographer was incredibly important because we all know that one single person can't possibly catch all the wonderful moments that might arise at an event capturing 75+ people and it meant so much that Tom truly understood that as part of his business model.

After the wedding, Tom was very quick getting us photos and has never pressured us for more services/albums/prints, etc., although we fully intend to purchase through him once we've finally settled in to married life.

In the end, we met a great guy who isn't just our wedding photographer, but now our friend. We can't thank Tom enough for capturing such beautiful memories on our special day and for the absolute humanity, humility, and professionalism he brought to the table during the entire process. Had we known him sooner, he would have been invited to our wedding regardless.

Sent on 06/02/2016

Jessica · Married on 11/13/2015

I cannot even put into words how happy my husband and I are with our wedding photos. I knew from the beginning that Tom would be a good match... he worked with us on our budget and was very professional yet easy going during our first couple of meetings. Tom created an amazing photo schedule which we revised throughout the months leading up to the wedding as different things changed. Once the schedule was finalized, Tom instructed me to pass out the schedule to all involved family members and friends and to highlight the sections that applied to them. This worked perfectly on the day of our wedding because everyone knew where they needed to be and at what time. We followed the schedule down to the minute, which was great because we never stood around wondering what was going on. Tom brought an assistant who assisted with my dress, holding the flowers, and keeping everything running smoothly. This really made a difference and kept the whole process moving along nicely. Tom knew exactly where to shoot in downtown Albany to give us fantastic photos. He also worked well with my family and friends to ensure everyone involved knew exactly what to do, how to stand and where to look. During our photos it had started to rain, and in less than a minute Tom and his crew had umbrellas out for the entire wedding party. We honestly could not have asked for a better photographer and I am still shocked at how reasonable his prices were. If you want fabulous, professional photos, I highly recommend you use Tom Wall Photography. I am so thankful that I got the pleasure of working with Tom and his crew, especially when I look and see how beautiful our special wedding memories were captured by him so that we can enjoy that moment for years to come.

Sent on 12/11/2015

Tom is amazing! His personality, organization and professionalism made the engagement photo session and wedding day a blast! I would recommend Tom to anyone looking for amazing photos!

Sent on 05/27/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 10/16/2015

Tom and his crew are an incredible team. Tom is extremely professional but also personal and fun to work with. He coordinated so wonderfully making it easy for he and his team to capture all the moments that made our wedding so fabulous.

On the day of our wedding things ran so smoothly that we finished our session early and were able to catch a majority of our cocktail hour which was incredible! The pictures from that day are breathtakingly beautiful and captured from multiple angles thanks to his second photographer.

I can't thank Tom Wall and his team enough, they are truly a worthwhile investment for your day.

Sent on 11/08/2015

Emily · Married on 10/11/2015

Tom was very professional and fun to work with! Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/27/2016