Tom Wall Photography Reviews

70 | Albany, NY

70 Reviews for Tom Wall Photography

Caitlin Colesanti · Getting married on 05/06/2021

Amazing Wedding Photographer

Tom is a fantastic photographer and his team is top-notch. We contracted with him for our wedding and engagement photos. He is professional, detail-oriented and an advanced planner. When preparing for our wedding, we had several discussions with Tom about the type of photographs we wanted and the various shots we wanted to have with our family and friends. He created a detailed timeline of our wedding day (down to the minute) that removed much of the angst and allowed us to enjoy our day without worrying about where we needed to be or who we needed to take a photo with. In addition, he has a great eye for a shot and took beautifully composed and candid shots of us and our family and friends.

We were married at The Sagamore in Bolton Landing, NY, which is a venue Tom and his team are familiar with. He was at ease with the staff and knew the grounds intimately, which allowed us to be efficient with our time and ensure we were able to take photographs at different areas of the resort. Furthermore, Tom had plenty of vendor recommendations for our other wedding needs, many of whom we hired and provided exceptional services.

Tom is easy to get along with and made us feel comfortable whenever we were together. We are exceptionally happy with the photos we have from that day and would recommend Tom to anyone looking for a first-class photographer!

Sent on 12/17/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly Zucchelli · Getting married on 09/09/2020

Absolutely amazing!!!!

Tom and his team were absolutely amazing. Always professional, flexible, and knew their craft. I cannot say enough great things about him. All of our photos were absolutely stunning and I would not hesitate to recommend him for anyone looking for a photographer regardless of the occasion. He is able to capture the moment without making it looked staged and all of our photos were beautiful and flawless. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 12/29/2019

Tina · Married on 10/05/2019

Great Pictures and a Great Guy

Tom Wall's service goes way beyond delivering wonderful pictures (the pictures are awesome). He coordinated picture taking seamlessly with the day's activities to ensure that the bride and groom had a great day. He knew the sunset times so we have wonderful sunset pictures. He made sure that all of the group pictures were taken at times that wouldn't disrupt the flow of the reception and coordinated well with the band. Most importantly, everyone said they felt he was part of the wedding - he always had a smile on his face.

Sent on 01/25/2020

Sarah Lovelett · Married on 09/28/2019

Best Photographer Ever!

Hiring Tom Wall for our September wedding at the Sagamore in Lake George was the best decision that my husband and I made during the wedding planning process. Tom was an absolute pleasure to work with and made things as easy as possible for us. Tom always responded to our questions in a timely manner and with much helpful detail. Tom had also created this wonderful day-of photography schedule which I was able to leverage to create my complete day-of schedule. It was super helpful!
    On the big day, Tom helped to ensure that everything ran smoothly and that we captured all photos per our schedule even though we were running late because of one thing or another. Tom made sure to fit in my last-minute requests for a few special photo set ups that I had dreamed of and I was so thankful for that.
    I really can’t express enough positive feedback in words - Tom and his crew are just the best!!! So friendly, personable, genuine, talented and trustworthy. I truly hope we get to work with Tom again in the future!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Amy Kemmerer · Married on 09/22/2019

Above and Beyond!

Tom Wall and Lauren are first very professional and super talented photographers. We thoroughly enjoyed all the wonderful formal and informal photos and creative shots that Tom and Lauren collaborated on. We have so many more photos than expected and all are top notch quality, we even got a preview of some lovely shots while on our honey moon and the full set within a month. They are so easy to work with and we felt very comfortable with them capturing our moments on this very special day. Tom’s organization up front and detailed schedule kept everyone on the same timeline... family, vendors and venue all knew the timeline, where to be and what to have with them including when flowers should arrive, reminders to bring rings, invitations and the venue knew exactly when we would arrive and what we needed. We didn't know Tom prior to searching for a photographer and couldn’t have made a better decision in selecting Tom Wall Photography. We both give TWP an enthusiastic 5 stars and high recommendation!

Sent on 12/28/2019

Emily Keppler · Married on 08/17/2019

The absolute best!

Tom was incredible in every way! Not only is his photography gorgeous but he is a wonderful person and was a tremendous resource for us throughout the process. He also made the day of flow seamlessly. We are so grateful we had him as our photographer. We cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 12/31/2019
  • Rikki

Rikki Saperstein · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing Photos!

Tom and his team did a fantastic job of capturing our day! We have so many beautiful photos to choose from and he really captured the whole thing from start to finish. It was the hottest day of the year, and you would have no idea by the photos. I couldn't be happier with the photos from my wedding and I am so happy I have them for years to come. Highly recommend Tom and his team!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Tom Wall Photography's reply:

Thanks, Rikki! You and John and families and friends made it a dream day for us. Okay, maybe it didn't have to be 105 degrees! ;)
  • Amanda

Amanda Harnden · Married on 05/25/2019

Wonderful Planning, Amazing Day

I can not say enough great things about Tom and his assistant Lauren. I love to plan and know all the details, so it was so helpful that Tom provided a very detailed timeline outlining our entire day. It helped planning out the day so much and communicating with all the vendors. We worked together to make it perfect. I hadn’t even met Tom before our wedding since we don’t live in-state, but he made the process so easy. He was always so easy to contact, and worked with us to make the day wonderful. Even though the weather did turn out great, he was helpful in planning backup plans, when the forecast said it might not be nice. I’d seen his work and knew immediately I wanted Tom at our wedding. He even scoped the venue multiple times to make sure he was familiar with the location! I can not recommend him enough!

Sent on 12/16/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Fish · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing - hire Tom!

Tom made our wedding day! From our first meeting he was very organized and professional. He made the whole day so easy and fun and we never worried about anything. He makes a complete timeline of events that we sent to all our other vendors and he made sure everything was on time! The pictures were amazing and 6 months later still look at them all the time. Our wedding would not have been the same without him and can't recommend him and his team enough!

Sent on 12/26/2019

Tom Wall Photography's reply:

Thanks, Amanda--much appreciated! We loved working with you--what an amazing day you put together! I hope you and Mark have an awesome 2020!
  • Samantha

Samantha Farcher · Married on 02/08/2019

Simply wonderful, in every way!!

If you don’t read anything else- here you go- BOOK TOM WALL!!

When looking for and choosing you wedding photographer, it can be very intimidating and stressful! This is the person who will capture your happily ever after- At the end of it all, those photographs are what you look back on for the rest of your lives! From the very first meeting with Tom Wall, we knew we HAD to hire him! His kind, easy-going personality put me and my husband at ease and made us feel like old friend, fast! He was thorough and organized, as well as obviously talented. His photo gallery and work spoke for itself online, but in person sealed the deal for us. He was so professional and truly seemed to “get us!” He took out all the stress and put us at ease immediately.

We truly felt like we found a friend in Tom, which made our day and photos completely relaxed and genuine. My husband and I can be quite shy- especially my husband. He never really like photos of himself, but WOW did Tom blow us away! Literally every picture brings a smile to my face and allows us to relive that perfect day over and over! He was able to capture exactly who we are as a couple because we were so comfortable with him and his team from the start! If we were to do it all over again, we wouldn’t change thing! Tom and his team were simply the best and have given us absolutely stunning photos we will treasure for the rest of our lives! In short, any photographer can take pictures- but it takes someone special to capture moments! Tom, from the bottom of our hearts, we thank you!

Tom really gets it! This is the biggest day of your life and he genuinely wants it to be perfect for you both! We knew we wanted a first look, but also wanted rooftop after-party pictures. Tom was super respectful of our budget and squeaked out every minute he could with us and captured every moment perfectly. He brings a second photographer, who he has worked with for al one time. They are a flawless team who had us laughing the whole day! They were able to capture all different angles, groups, and moments because there were two of them. When toying with the idea of a wedding planner, Tom quickly assured us that his precise timeline would prevent us from needing one and boy was he right! Not only was he impeccable with timelines on our big day, but he never made us feel rushed. We even had some wiggle room on the big day because he had created such a perfect schedule!

He would write back within hours, always making us feel like his only Bride and Groom! We really mean that!! I don’t know how he did it! Tom not only answered any photography questions we may have had, but also helped us organize all parts of our day in a way that matched exactly what we wanted. He was my (other) right-hand man! Our day was simply perfect, down to every detail and a huge part of that was Tom’s attention to detail, guidance, and precision.

Tom knew our families members names ahead of time, because he truly listens. On the day of, he learned all the names of our huge wedding party and was able to wrangle them in! Not to mention extended family photos in the church! We were so worried we were going to miss some of cocktail hour trying to get four family photos after the ceremony but he executed them with precision. Tom helped guide our timeline with our other vendors, including transportation and venue to make the day seamless! We enjoyed every minute of our day thanks to his thoughtful planning!

Do yourself a favor, reach out to Tom. Look at his work, talk with him, and if you can, meet in person! Get to know him, let him get to know you! You will clearly see, that this is a passion for him and you a people first-not clients. Then-book him! Trust us, you won’t regret it! Thank you, Tom for everything!

-Samantha & Tom Mundy

Sent on 12/17/2019

Jason May · Married on 08/04/2018

Wouldn't Change a Thing!

From the first time my wife and I spoke with Tom we knew that he was the photographer that we were meant to use. Through our first few conversations with him he understood what we were looking for in our photos and was beyond helpful through the entire process. My wife and her family have always went to Lake George and having a photographer who knows his landscape so well helped to pick all of our locations around the venue based on sun light, time of day, etc. As our ceremony ended there was a quick 25 minute rain storm, that brought about a beautiful rainbow to cap off such an amazing day!

If we had to do it over again, we wouldn't change a thing! Working with Tom and his staff was everything that we could have asked for. They were great through the entire process and I would suggest Tom to anyone who asked our opinion!

Sent on 12/06/2018
  • Casey

Casey Meyer · Married on 06/23/2018

Best Wedding Photographer We Could Have Ever Asked For!!!

I’m here to pass along the highest possible recommendation for Tom Wall Photography. Tom and the entire TWP team are completely dialed in and great to work with. They did an incredible job at our wedding, and I strongly encourage you to consider reaching out to discuss your next event with him.

Choosing a photographer for a meaningful event is a big choice, but my wife and I felt comfortable with Tom from the very first conversation we had with him. He and his team have a great eye for capturing all the most important moments in interesting and stunning ways. They also have the technical skill to produce really high quality shots, and their online delivery system makes it super easy to download your photos, share with friends & family, or order prints.

On top of all that, Tom is a really nice guy with a great demeanor to have around during big moments. Your wedding photographer is going to be right there with you throughout the day, and I think it’s extremely useful and important to have someone who’s experienced and professional but also down to earth, someone who’s easy to talk to, someone who’s light-hearted and funny when that’s called for – but who can also be serious and help keep things on track and running smoothly when you’re dealing with the unexpected twists and turns of a wedding day, and someone who seems to truly care about his clients and who puts in the extra effort to capture the personalities and interests of the couples he works with. Tom is all of those things, and you’ll appreciate it both during your event and when you’re seeing the final product.

There are lots of choices for photographers out there and plenty of people you can hire to take great pictures. Tom Wall Photography will get you get you great photos as well, but he’s also a fantastic person to work with and will increase your chances of getting some of those “wow” shots that you’ll cherish forever. Take a look at his work online, give him a call or send him an email and get to know him a little bit, you will not regret it.

-Andy & Casey Meyer

Sent on 12/16/2018
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/02/2018

More than we could have asked for

In short, I couldn't have asked for a better photographer and team for our wedding. Tom's more than a photographer, he's an event planner, friend, and advisor while being a professional through and through. We are genuinely looking forward to another excuse to use Tom's services in the future.

I'll also note our guests liked him so much that they took pictures of Tom and his team and posted them to Facebook along with the rest of their photos from our wedding!

Okay, into details. There were a few key things that drew us to Tom's approach:

1. Tom doesn't just show up day of. He's with you every step of the way and essentially becomes your planner for your event. When we first talked with him he said "you won't have to think about any timing or logistics on the day of". I thought ok sure but I'm type A there's no way that's happening. I maintained that stance even thought the months that followed where Tom helped me put together a full run of day plan including where I needed to be and when, who else needed to be there, vendors that needed to be coordinated, etc. He advised us where we were at a loss for the best way to approach things (from how much time to allot for guest transportation when scheduling events to how to account for wide disparity in heights among our wedding party).

Come day of I had sent the expertly crafted run of day that Tom put together to all the important people so they knew where to be and printed my own version so I could be ready at hand when people were late or to check that I myself was running on time. I never looked at my print out. HIs explanations of where family members needed to be for pictures made it easy for them to follow and his team guided us through the day with ease. We had time for all of our pictures, never feeling rushed, never moving off course, and never missing a fun impromptu photoop!

2. Tom listens. I mentioned before that there were a lot of things we didn't know when planning our wedding. But there were some key things that we knew needed to happen. Certain family members couldn't be in pictures together - he me them early on, remembered their names and navigated that difficult situation with ease. I had a few candid photos I wanted taken, he was there ready and waiting. We did not want a first look but we also wanted to attend our cocktail hour, he advised on the scheduling to make it all work.

3. Tom does not act alone, in fact he doesn't even act with just a partner, he comes to your event with two team members - a second photographer and a logistics/coordinator/assistant/all around fixer and helper. This means you get pictures from multiple angles for any given special moment. It also means that someone is there to think about lighting, film, and keeping everyone on schedule while the other two can focus strictly on the job at hand. I also have to mention the entire team was lovely. We knew Tom was personable and incredibly easy to get along with since we had talked to him so much leading up to the day but I had so much fun with the rest of his team, laughing and joking the whole day.

4. He gets it. Simple as that. He knows how important this day is to his clients and he wants to make it as easy for you as possible. Maybe even more importantly, he knows you're going to want to relive your special event, moment by moment ASAP. We got our first look at our photos while still on honeymoon. He actually sent some early special so I could send to my dad for Father's Day (our wedding was the weekend prior). The rest of our photos quickly followed once we got home. We have now ordered our album through him and he's communicated with us regularly, working together to find the album that matches our style, adding his own thoughts based on his knowledge of us as a couple and what we'd find important.

Talk to him. Understand his approach more. You will not regret it. You won't find anyone better.

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • O

Olivia · Married on 05/19/2018

My father recommended Tom Wall Photography because this guys photos are absolutely breathtaking! We haven't gotten wedding photos from him yet but just by seeing his studio and all the beautiful weddings he has had you can just tell he is amazing at what he does

Sent on 12/16/2017

Gabrielle · Married on 05/12/2018

Where do I even begin with Tom. I have had my eye on him since the moment I was engaged. His work is spectacular & I knew I had to have him as my photographer. The first time my husband & I met him we knew we made the right choice. He is so warm, welcoming, professional, organized & not to mention funny (he had us laughing throughout our entire first meeting). It was as if we knew him forever. Tom made my wedding planning process absolutely stress free. He is extremely professional & organized & the easiest person to work with- I cannot stress this enough. He had our entire wedding day timed out by the minute & this eased my nervous tremendously! (Also, everything went so perfectly on our wedding day because of his timeline I thought I was dreaming). He also answers emails incredibly fast & this was a big thing for me. My husband & I were very nervous about our pictures being taken for our wedding day because we feel as though we can both be awkward in pictures & not the most photogenic. On the day of the wedding, Tom made my husband & I feel BEYOND comfortable & confident. He constantly reminded me how great I looked & how amazing the photos were looking so far. This made me feel so confident & happy. I was able to have so much fun taking pictures all day with my husband instead of feeling nervous, thanks to Tom. His assistant Lauren, who is just as great as he is, made me feel like I was the most beautiful woman on the planet all day. This was absolutely everything to me. She was such a sweetheart and a joy to be around all day. Tom & Lauren are two of the nicest people we could have ever imagined spending our wedding day with. You would be a FOOL not to book Tom for your big day. Most importantly of all, we LOVE every single one of our photos. They are all so beautiful & we will treasure them forever. Thank you Tom & Lauren for being the absolute BEST & making our special day the most magical day we could have ever possibly imagined. We love you guys!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Kristy · Married on 10/28/2017

Tom and team were organized and very nice to work with on our wedding day! They definitely blended into the background well so as not to disrupt the celebrations but still capturing the great moments. We appreciated Tom's input leading up to the wedding as we planned timelines and went over all the details. We got our photos within a month of the wedding (plus some sneak peek photos the next day, which was so exciting!) and they were totally stunning as expected. Our friends have commented on how beautiful the pictures are and we totally agree!

Sent on 12/11/2017

sara · Married on 10/14/2017

We worked with Tom and his team for our engagement and wedding photos, they were nothing but impressive from start to finish. Tom was thorough, professional but down to earth and very easy to get a long with. We felt that he listened to us and understood exactly what we were looking for in a wedding photographer. My now husband and I are not the most comfortable in front of the camera so we loved looking through Tom's portfolio and seeing so many natural, candid, "captured the moment" shots-- exactly what we were looking for. Tom has a great eye and just seems to know where those awesome shots are. Tom had never shot at our venue before but before the big day he made a trip (an 1.5 hr trip!) up to the venue to check it out! On the big day he already knew the property and where the beautiful backdrops would be. Our meetings with him prior to the wedding were very helpful and honestly helped us plan our own wedding! He asked us questions and helped us plan things we had not even thought about! His experience in the field was invaluable to us! On the day of the wedding, Tom and his team arrived promptly and seemed to fit right in with our crowd! They were flexible with us when our schedule got sightly out of line-- which kept me from stressing! They were professional yet light-hearted and joked with us all day! During the ceremony and reception, while we knew they were somewhere, we didn't notice them at all! They seemed to be in all of the right places at the right times, but in a subtle way! My grandfather and father both complimented Tom and his team's unobtrusive style and sense of humor. Throughout the reception Tom and our DJ worked together to keep the night's schedule on track and flowing seamlessly! We were able to relax and have a great time at our wedding, not worrying about logistics! We received our photos within a month of the wedding and now we cannot decide which ones to frame! Tom was a great choice and we absolutely recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Claudia · Married on 10/08/2017

It was a true pleasure to work with Tom. From our very first meeting, we knew he was the right photographer for us! Tom always made us feel valued and that he was truly invested in our wedding day. His stunning work speaks for itself, but I must say that Tom and his assistant Lauren did an amazing job of capturing the abundance of love we felt that day. Thank you, Tom and Lauren!!!! Love, Ben and Claudia

Sent on 11/10/2017

Thomas · Married on 10/07/2017

I wanted an exceptional photographer for my daughter's wedding. Tom Wall and his team exceeded my expectations in every way. Professional, capable, and experienced- his advice and guidance helped make for a great day and excellent photos.

Sent on 10/10/2017

Lindsey · Married on 07/22/2017

Tom and his crew did such a great job for our wedding. He was a lot of fun to be around and to plan with. He made my husband and I feel comfortable the whole time. Our photos turned out better than we could ever have imagined. We would highly recommend Tom and his team to anyone looking for pictures. Thank you Tom!!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Jenna · Married on 06/17/2017

Tom and his assistants were absolutely amazing at our wedding in Lake George, New York! They were incredibly professional and we would recommend him to anyone looking for stunning photos to capture their most important day! Tom knew the grounds of the Inn at Erlowest so well and he was able to capture the perfect photos to reflect our wedding day. He has helped us every step of the way including the planning (he put together a schedule for us the day of the wedding so we could stay on track), throughout the wedding, and even after once the pictures were ready to be viewed and share with our loved ones. He took a lot of the stress out of our wedding day so that we could just enjoy our special day. We are so grateful to have found him!

Sent on 03/07/2018

Tom Wall Photography's reply:

Thanks for writing this review, Jenna! I genuinely appreciate you taking the time. You and Justin planned a beautiful wedding and I'm so glad you chose us for the photography. It was a great day, in every way!

Grace · Married on 05/20/2017

We can’t say enough about Tom and his team. The consummate professional and talent. The pictures and art speak for themselves. The man has honed his craft, knows the shots, the angles, how to use the most out of the venue, etc. But with Tom you get so much more. He is a wedding advisor/secondary planner and on the day of your wedding a good time-field general keeping everything moving in the right direction. Leading up to our big day Tom spent so much time with us walking through the day, the timeline our plans, sharing his experience all while working with us to make us feel comfortable and excited. He has a great personality and runs a tight ship helping us corral our parents and relatives and wedding party. A joy to work with, adding to our great memories and we love our photos! Thanks, Tom and team!!

Sent on 01/21/2018

Susan · Married on 05/06/2017

We had a great time working with Tom and his team, he was able to accommodate all of our ideas and large families! Tom did a great job capturing the day and focusing on the candid moment which were very important to me. He and his assistant kept us on time and even early to the church which was key because we were planning to do large family photos with all sides and we were on a time crunch at the end of mass.
    Tom was flexible with the package as we were not interested in engagement photos or the some other pieces and we were able to work with him on creating our own package that was a perfect fit for us.
    We did take advantage of his photo booth, making sure that it was in the ballroom (I recommend this if space is available for ALL brides, this way the guests are not outside waiting in another room and missing the dance party). Our guests loved the photo booth and we can't wait to see the pictures from that!
    Thanks for everything Tom.

Sent on 05/19/2017

Martha · Married on 10/22/2016

Tom and his assistant Lauren were amazing during our wedding. They were extremely organized and provided my OCD self with enough info for me to trust them with our wedding day pictures. Even though it ended up raining, the pictures came out amazing and truly breathtaking! Tom was extremely easy to work with and super efficient- we got our family photos done with time to make it to our cocktail hour. We're so happy with the outcome and will definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer !

Sent on 02/12/2017

Marisa · Married on 10/07/2016

Aside from my husband, Tom Wall may have been my wedding's knight in shining armor. After we lost thousands of dollars hiring and firing a crooked area photographer, I thought I might never get quality photos of my wedding. My mom called up Tom, who was always a favorite of ours, and he agreed to step in last minute and save the day! I'm so glad he accommodated our wedding, because he is a true professional. I never met Tom in person until the morning of my wedding, but I felt like I knew him all my life. My entire family and bridal party loved him - he was cracking jokes all day and made us all really comfortable. There were never those awkward "now look lovingly into your husband's eyes..." type directions. He just let us be ourselves (with some guidance, of course - we did have to sit "naturally" on a rock!). Granted, the backdrop was pretty spectacular and we got a picture-perfect day, but Tom and his team were organized and had such a great eye for detail.

Prior to the wedding, Tom took a lot of time to write down the photos we knew we wanted and from there, he created an itinerary to help keep us organized. As someone who is obsessed with Run of Shows, I used his to create itineraries for all VIPs, so everyone knew where they needed to be and when - because of that, I think we successfully kept to our schedule and never fell behind! Tom also had some great recommendations for various shots - we got married at The Inn at Erlowest in Lake George and he recommended we rent the Miss Erlowest (boat) to take our bridal party for a spin of the lake. I haven't seen the photos yet, but we all had so much fun and it was one of the most memorable experiences of the day.

Without having seen one photo he shot, I already know I'm going to be crying when we start scrolling through. My wedding was the best day of my life and I'm so glad his team was there to capture it.

Sent on 10/12/2016