Tom Gavin's DJ Delights Reviews

175 | Bel Air, MD

175 Reviews for Tom Gavin's DJ Delights

Tom · Married on 10/23/2009

My wife and I were very thankful to have DJ Tom Gavin for our wedding reception at the Governor Calvert House this past October (2009). I contacted quite few DJ’s initially, and Tom was the one who impressed me from the start with his enthusiasm and professionalism. From our first meeting, Dana and I could tell he was someone who really wanted to make sure our wedding reception was one to remember. This completely showed during the reception, and we could not have asked for a better experience! Everyone commented on how great the evening was, and the music was a huge part of that. In fact, many people commented on how much they enjoyed the music throughout the entire evening (from the cocktail hour, through the meal, and especially during the dancing). Tom did an amazing job in reading the crowd throughout the evening, adapting to what would keep everyone moving, all while making sure some special songs we requested were worked into the mix. We greatly appreciate Tom's extraordinary service, and would highly recommend him to DJ any other wedding receptions or other events.

Sent on 02/18/2010

James · Married on 10/11/2009

Tom Gavin's DJ Delights provided a quality of service that will never be surpassed. Several years ago My wife and I were married and brought together two pre existing families. We were fortunate to have Tom Gavin as the Master of ceremonies at our reception. With five children between 7 and 10 years old he made this day as important to them as it was to us. He orchestrated the entire event and made it a calibration. His efforts put my wife and I so much at ease that we were allowed to enjoy the party along with the rest of the guests. Now several years have passed and just last month, Tom again provided his services and made my daughters wedding calibration, an occasion only for my little Cinderella.

Sent on 11/26/2009
  • romeys_bride

Krystal · Married on 07/03/2009

I loved Tom and the DJ he sent out was awesome! I had a sheet of music for ceremony songs and everything went without a hitch! He kept the crowd dancing!

Sent on 07/14/2009

Cathy · Married on 02/14/2009

I booked DJ Delights for my wedding because of Tom's promise of planning AND fun. We wanted to interview the DJ, pick the music, and set the time line for the day. Tom really took the time to show us how allowing his team to have some flexibility with our "must haves" would make for the right mix. He could not have been more accurate! All of our key songs were played among so many other party favs! The dance floor was never empty, and our guests said it was the best time they'd had in a long time! Thanks Tom and our DJ John.

Sent on 03/23/2009

Rebecca · Married on 01/02/2009

Tom Gavin did a great job at my wedding. I gave him a specific list of songs requested by my husband for dinner and he played them and made very different songs sound like they flowed into each other very well.

I told him that I wanted people to dance the whole night and he made that happen. The dance floor was packed from the beginning of the night to the end of the night.

I got a ton of comments from guests that it was the best wedding they had ever been too and that we had a great DJ.

I would definitely recommend Tom Gavin.

Sent on 01/16/2009

Anne · Married on 01/02/2009

I read several reviews about Tom and his staff on this site. Am writing now to say my experience was as close to perfect as I believe possible. Both Tom and his business manager Jessie were objective and I felt honest when I approached them about the flattering and the not so flattering reviews on Wedding Wire about DJ Delights. That impressed me. They didn't play 'the blame game'. They did offer 'the rest of the story' about several hard to believe negative reviews. Based on their handling of the conversation I believed them both and was glad we did. While we did not book them for my Ceremony, Tom's crew was in place in the adjacent ballroom, and when my musician was running late began setting up a portable second sound system to handle my prelude music needs ... then they didn't ask for any money! The party was a smash ... and while I did pick a fair amount of the music (Tom suggested this might be a bad idea) the dj worked his magic and my list throughout the night and my guests until the banquet hall all asked us to leave as we had run overtime.

My lasting impression about these blogs is that they seem to more often than not attract negative, almost mean spirited entries. Yes, there are some positive ones, but I felt strongly enough to let readers know these are good people who stayed in touch with me from my first inquiry through and including a follow up email and phone call one week after my wedding. My wedding day was extra special because of the Over The Top Effort from Tom, Jessie and the staff from Tom Gavin's DJ Delights.

Sent on 02/25/2009

Portia · Married on 11/08/2008

These folks could not have been nicer, or given us more for our money.
    Start to finish they were fun to work with, made my planning easy, answered all my questions with a great attitude ... even helped me find a REAL bakery to create my wedding cake.

Their web site is a dream to use. The dj fit right in with our crowd. While we gave Tom a long song list, I heard many of my favorites even though I was consciously entertaining a crowd of 200 guests!

The pricing structure was competitive and while they were not the lowest, they weren't the highest either. For what we received for the service from start to finish, we really felt we got more than we paid for.

If you're shopping for djs in the washington or baltimore area, you're doing yourself a disservice by not calling them.

Sent on 03/18/2009

Brenda · Married on 09/06/2008

Tom Gavin and his staff did a great job! All the guest loved the music and had such a great time. Tom help me pick out a set the mood I wanted for my wedding reception. Thanks for everything!!

Sent on 12/06/2008

Casey · Married on 08/16/2008

We hired Tom Gavin's DJ Delights as they had also done my sister's wedding a number of years ago. Our experience then as it was this time was truly outstanding. My wedding was 6 times the size of my sisters. They were able to handle it ... very very well. This wedding was not in a banquet hall but at my father's home, under a very large tent. Their staff did a splendid job managing the entire evening. Our caterer simply took care of the food service, setting up the tables and chairs, and nothing beyond that. DJ Delights saved this event. They sent 2 people, one to simply manage the reception from my timeline instructions. That lady (can't remember her name) should be a full time wedding planner. She took charge in a very nice way, even to the point of keeping the groomsmen in line when it came to lining up a very rowdy bridal party who all had been drinking.
    The dj, came prepared with 2 sound systems as my ceremony took place next to a pond about 300 yards away from the reception tent. The minister's microphone (something we had not thought of) worked just perfectly allowing the more than 400 guests to all be involved with the ceremony.

My husband and I left the party before it ended totally exhausted from having so much fun. We heard that the bash (it had no become one thanks to the dj's talent) ran more than an hour after we left.

Thank you Tom, Jessie, Millie, and Bossjock RJ as Tom called him (our dj) as this was a night that was as close to perfect as we ever expected greatly due to Tom Gavin's DJ Delights.

Sent on 03/18/2009

Matilda · Married on 07/20/2008

I booked Tom Gavin's DJ Delights for my sister's wedding. The service could not have been better! My sister had a 'destination wedding' and we had organized a surprise wedding reception for her and her husband. They sent 2 dj's ... one to play the music, and the 2nd one to organize and emcee our events. This was probably the life-saver of the party as the hall was no help. My guests arrived early and they started early. They also stayed later than we booked them, and offered to not charge us. The music was perfect. My guests danced, laughed, had fun, and many are still talking about the fun! Planning on using them again.

Sent on 03/08/2009

Jenny · Married on 06/29/2008

Tom himself did our wedding. He came highly recommended by our venue for his ability to work with the unique mansion layout. Tom did not disappoint! He was the perfect blend of talkative and quiet, depending on the moment. When my friends requested a song he wasn't sure we would like, he checked to make sure we didn't mind. He pronounced everyone's names right, which in my family is not easy! I liked the online database to select songs because we could work on it whenever we had time. Tom also recommended our minister to us, which was a wonderful decision because he was great too! The price couldn't be beat.

Sent on 06/30/2008

Alkia · Married on 05/10/2008

I love Tom! He was wonderful and all of my guests had a fantastic time!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/25/2008

Helen · Married on 03/30/2008

Tom was fantastic to work with. He was more than cooperative because he willingly sent me demo CDs of music to try out for my son & daughter to practice with for their solos and bought some music I specifically wanted played during our ceremony at no additional cost to me. He also knew how to work the audience to encourage their participation by selecting the right songs. He was able to incorporate many of the songs I wanted played at the right time. He has a great sense of humor and helped make the day most memorable!

Sent on 04/01/2008

Katrina · Married on 12/28/2007

Tom was our DJ, and he played EVERYTHING I asked and none of what I didn't. His online wedding planning guide was incredibly easy to use, and his fee was more than resonable. He is top-notch!

Sent on 06/13/2008

Lesley · Married on 07/28/2006

He was the perfect DJ...

He was responsive, we negotiated a discount, he gave it to me, we booked, we paid, he showed up AND worked in harmony with the photographer so that certain reception events were synced up and I didn't have to think twice about them.

Sent on 11/15/2006

Elanna · Married on 05/28/2006

Tom Gavin was an awesome dj. He played all the songs we wanted, stayed away from the ones we didn't, was extremely professional, and all the guests had a great time.

Sent on 03/25/2007

Valerie · Married on 01/13/2006

Tom and his staff were very professional and easy to work with. I would recommend them again.
    (we actually just used them again for our high school reunion)

Sent on 08/23/2008

Amy · Married on 05/28/2016

From the first time we contacted Tom, it was evident that he was a true professional. He came out to our home to discuss wedding details, gave us advice when we asked for it, and even created a few smash up songs that we wanted to do to throw some fun into the traditional dances. We asked him to keep the party going non stop and he most certainly delivered. The photo booth was nice, although the frames snapped really quickly so all the photos look the same He even did the shoe game for us! I had at least 10 different people tell me that it was the best party they had been to. My husband and I had a great time, and so did our family and friends.

Sent on 06/14/2016
  • Z

Zachariah · Married on 04/09/2016

Tom Gavin is a legitimate DJ interested in providing you with the music and experience YOU want. We've all been to weddings where the DJ didn't have a song you wanted played, or refused to play some music. This is not the case with Tom, he took the time to speak with me over the year lead up to my wedding so that he would have the music my wife and I wanted played. His day of professionalism was superb! He was ready to go when we arrived at the venue and played great dance music start to finish, as well he did a great job as an MC directing our guests as the venue hosted everything from our ceremony through to the reception. I would heartily recommend Tom and his DJ team to any couples that want an amazing evening with the music and pace that you want not what the DJ thinks is best. I would lastly like to note that his price was well below any of the other vendors I got quotes from for a lot more. His package included the audio for all the event (had our string quartet mic'd & our officiant, plus the dance floor), up lighting and he was willing to stay until our time at the venue ended which was slightly beyond what would have fit in his basic contract. Tom was a pure professional and executed everything we asked for to a high level.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Barbara · Married on 08/24/2013

Tom played the kind of music that had everyone on the dance floor for the whole evening. He was very responsive to special requests.

Sent on 09/16/2013

We gave the DJ a list of songs and they did fabulous! Kicking party with people on the dance floor all night long!

Sent on 07/08/2013

Brianna · Married on 01/12/2013

Please don't misread this review. DJ Delights were great! Professionalism??? Yes and NO. "No" meaning THEY WERE FUN. Not stuffy. Upbeat. Great to work with. My guests stayed longer because of their 'Upbeat Attitude'. We kidded Tom all night because he grew up a Patriots fan. And the Ravens were winning early in the night when our reception was just starting. My guests ARE talking about our wedding the next day (and night) ... today! Thank you Tom, Jessie and DJ Delights

Sent on 01/13/2013

Burke · Married on 11/16/2012

We were very pleased with DJ Delights. Jessie was our first contact and she walked me through how to use the website. She then arranged for Tom to meet us in our home. Periodically throughout the year that I planned this I would hear from Jessie by e mail and Tom from several real thank you notes. No other vendor we used went to these levels to make us feel so mentally comfortable. Their rate was one of the higher ones we we quoted, though Tom kept emphasizing that the 300.00 more they were they were able to add some extras. They added lighting. 2 DJ's were at my reception and they both stayed through the cake/garter time. Then 1 hosted the reception the rest of the night. Their music was perfect. It flowed in sets just as Jessie said it would. Tom's silly personality at times (he did not play the event, though he was there) kept my stress level low and I always knew both Jessie and Tom would be great sounding boards should I need them, which I did. More than just 'djs' as Tom always said. DJ Delights was the diamond in the rough vendor that I needed at times. Would strongly recommend them.

Sent on 11/22/2012

Veronic · Married on 11/03/2012

The wedding was great. Both our ceremony and party were smooth and flowed well. The guests danced, DJ Delights was very involved with the planning before my date as well as managing my party well. Would use them again for sure.

Sent on 11/11/2012

Dawn · Married on 10/12/2012

Great party. The venue we used had staff issues but Tom's dj helped a great deal. Tom was even there to get us introduced and stayed through dinner. His voice made my bridesmaids feel very important. Music was great. We'll use them again as my parents are having an anniversary party.

Sent on 10/15/2012