Tom Gavin's DJ Delights Reviews

175 | Bel Air, MD

175 Reviews for Tom Gavin's DJ Delights

Elizabeth · Married on 09/15/2012

My reception was held at my sister's house. DJ Delights sent 2 people. One to 'dj' and the other to act as a co ordinator. That was cool. It also was extremely helpful as the volunteers my sister recruited from the neighborhood, were not very helpful. We danced, partied and they got all the wedding stuff done when they were supposed to. I hardly remember anything but my friends are still talking about what a great party it was.

Sent on 09/26/2012

Sarah · Married on 08/26/2012

The party we had was fabulous. DJ Delights kept every promise and stood by there word of offering a memorable afternoon. My guests danced, stayed, and texted, e mailed and called us the next day. I've always said there were 2 things my guests would remember most. The food and the music. DJ Delights exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 09/08/2012

Leslie · Married on 08/25/2012

Our DJ was probably one of our favorite aspects of the wedding reception. Our wedding coordinator was certain that we wouldn't have many dancers - so glad he was wrong. And it really all had to do with our DJ. We asked that he stay mostly with 80s and 90s music, which our guests loved. The DJ really listened, was professional, and didn't try to insert himself too much into the reception. The online form made the music requests easy and I loved that we got a CD at the end of the night. I have nothing but good things to say about DJ Delights!

Sent on 09/10/2012

Lisa · Married on 08/25/2012

My husband gave Tom a hard time about how many songs he could pick. Tom, who over the life of the planning became a friend more than just another vendor went out of his way to accomadate us. And during the party, when no one was dancing ... to my husbands music choices (Tom told us that might happen) I went to him and told him to save my reception. Within a few minutes my dance floor was full and my friends were smiling.

DJ Delights was one of the easiest people we dealt with. The website, Jessie, Millie and of course Tom. He later joked that my bridesmaids were his 'secret weapon' and made him look good. They were not the cheapest nor the most expensive but I would definitely use them again.

Sent on 09/30/2012

Great DJ, Marvelous time!! Thank you, thank you and thank you...^_^

Sent on 07/26/2012
  • Monica

Monica · Married on 05/18/2012

We worked with Tom Gavin from DJ Delights. He was amazing! He kept everything on the right time line and kept everyone dancing all night long. Everyone had sooo much fun. I plan to use him for future events.

Sent on 05/28/2012

Elise · Married on 03/10/2012

We had a small intimate wedding. Tom was great to work with. His staff helped my fiance and I with some creative ideas as to how to keep less than 100 guests interested and involved. Besides him, his support team and the actual DJ were equals to Tom. They visited us in our home, making it convenient and easy. No one else I called offered. I'd recommend them to anyone. My guests danced much more than I ever imagined.

Sent on 03/19/2012

Heather · Married on 09/10/2011

We loved Tom - he has such a great personality! He was always flexible with meeting us and worked with our late schedules. He definitely helped us throw one helluva party!

Sent on 10/17/2011

Crystal · Married on 09/10/2011

The DJ and music was great!! My guests were on the dance floor all night long!!! Great Sound system!!

Sent on 01/15/2012

Stephanie · Married on 08/26/2011

Tom was amazing. He went above and beyond what any DJ would ever do and made our wedding a blast! We absolutely loved him and would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 03/06/2012

Caroline · Married on 05/07/2011

We had a wedding at a shore home. 180 guests. Planned to get married on the water, with the reception under a large tent. The weather and wet grounds forced us to use the tent for both the ceremony and the reception. Tom Gavin's DJ Delights could not have been nicer! They were flexible, friendly and very understanding of the conditions we were fighting. They're music was fresh, fun and lively. My guests danced, I danced, and their personality everytime they made an announcement made whatever they were annoucing sound fun to my guests. All my songs were played and they worked perfectly with both my planner and caterer. For the money you can get a better value.

Sent on 05/15/2011
  • LaKisha

LaKisha · Married on 12/24/2010

Tom was Awesome. He was very puctual and made sure the crowd had a Great time. In addition, he was fun and very outgoing.

Sent on 02/22/2011

Danielle · Married on 12/19/2010

OMG! Did my guests dance! Tom's team (he brought 2 dj's with him) had my party so off the hook we had guests from an ipod wedding in the next ballroom asking if they could dance in our's. In fact, it was Tom who first spotted the 'Wedding Crashers' and asked me if it was ok to let them in. He wanted to do a 'bit' on my video by showing how memorable my wedding was that strangers wanted to come! He was great! At first I was worried that DJ Delights was a few hundred dollars more than a friend of mine from work that offered to do it ... but once the wedding was over, so many of my guests called to say what a great time they had. How can you put a dollar price on that? Before the day Tom and his support staff helped me navigate through their website as I was all thumbs. DJ DELIGHTS made the difference! IF you are concerned what your guests are thinking when they leave, hire DJ DELIGHTS ... MINE didn't want to go home! Thank you Tom!

Sent on 01/14/2011

Patricia · Married on 12/12/2010

We used Tom Gavin and DJ Delights as a result of being at a friends wedding. Tom and his support staff were the most efficient of any of my vendors. In fact, Tom went out of his way to recommend 2 photographers. One, I actually did choose. The music 'balance' as Tom kept calling it was perfect. The emcee he provided was exceptional and my guests called for days after telling my parents what a wonderful time they had. Our end result with them was My Guests Had a Blast.

Sent on 02/13/2011

Tabitha · Married on 12/11/2010

My guests loved the music. My parents loved the professionalism. I loved the excitement DJ Delights brought to the party. My wedding was as close to perfect as one could hope for. Tom and his staff were in their zone at my wedding and I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 01/07/2011

Pete · Married on 11/13/2010

Tom handled my daughter's Wedding Reception on Nov. 13th, Tom was great to work with always quick to get back to us, and threw a great party he had everyone dancing and wasn't afraid to handle requests. If I had another daughter we would have Tom DJ again. Great value, tons of music you name it Tom has it. Way over the TOP! Tom will deliver. Regards, Pete Rohde

Sent on 11/15/2010

Jackie · Married on 10/30/2010

Saw DJ Delights at a Bridal Show in DC in the spring. Tom was one of the only vendors in the whole show who actually said something interesting when we walked by the booth. We hired them. Great decision! While Tom was booked that day he personally selected another dj from his team (also named Tom) and this guy rocked our crowd! Tom (Tom Gavin) met with us twice, helped us select our music and gave us not one but TWO confirmation calls the week of the wedding. As I said the day of the event, this reception went as close to perfect as one could ever dream. Extra Touch that they surprised us with! Our cocktail hour was actually out in a patio are. Without telling us DJ Delights set up a small, separate sound system for cocktail music and the best part was ASKED FOR NOTHING in return! Wonderful organization and I would highly recommend them. Jacqui

Sent on 11/24/2010
  • Yolanda

Yolanda · Married on 10/09/2010

My wedding dj was good. They provided music for our ceremony and reception. We were contacted about 3 weeks prior our event as a friendly reminder that we still hadn't completed our playlist. I found them to be easy to deal with...Both my husband and I work ALOT so our free time was minimal. We knew what we had to do and knew what kind of day we wanted. Our music list was submitted in time. Our wedding day was great! We had no issues! We wanted a fun wedding with good music, and that's what we received. Our guests had a good time and the dance floor wasn't empty for long. Thanks DJ Delights!

Sent on 10/18/2010

Nadine · Married on 09/04/2010

DJ Delights provided the entertainment at our wedding. They lived up to their slogan ... we deliver fun. They were! My guests loved their emcee. Eric. Great dj, and also a great communicator. My uncle (who doesn't like anybody) found Eric interesting and very musically educated. The timeline ran perfectly and my guests danced as if it was the last party they were ever going to. Tom Gavin personally handled the details months prior to the wedding including 2 housecalls. He came to us! omg! No one else does that. Tom even showed up the night of the wedding to help Eric line up the bridal party and stayed through dinner. I know people that read this may find this hard to believe from a wedding vendor. Although DJ Delights was one of the more expensive for their category, my husband family and I feel in the end we got MORE THAN WE PAID FOR. Thank you Tom. We will certainly refer you. Nadine.

Sent on 12/04/2010

Barbara · Married on 08/28/2010

My mother had used Tom Gavin's DJ Delights for her 2nd wedding so I had already had seen what they could do both at the wedding and behind the scenes. They were even better the 2nd time my family hired them. Tom came to the house and then answered each and every call I made to his office within minutes of placing it. I cannot say that about my other vendors. The music 'balance' as Tom calls it was perfect ... except and Tom warned us in advance ... except for the last hour ... when all hell broke loose with the fun! The party was off the charts and as Tom describes it ... DJ Delights was chasing our crowd, instead of our crowd chasing DJ Delights. The hotel even was impressed as they did nothing beyond the food and beverage plans. Tom and his team managed, emceed, and provided everything possible for an experience that my guests have gone home and told 5 of their friends what a memorable time they had. Very pleased with the outcome start to finish with DJ Delights. Thank you Tom!

Sent on 11/27/2010

Mary · Married on 06/25/2010

We did an exhaustive search to find the right combination for the entertainment at our wedding. DJ DELIGHTS more than delivered on their promises. 2 DJ's 2 sound systems ... 1 for our ceremony in the courtyard complete with wireless mics for my minister and my husband and I. The reception was AWESOME as Tom kept telling me it would be. Tom supplied 2 dj's plus HE emceed the major portion of our reception. His energy and great voice made my party literally come alive with the FUN that his ads and voicemails talk about. We're just now getting around to writing these reviews and my guests are STILL calling me telling me what a great time they had at our wedding. You have no idea how great a feeling that is. DJ DELIGHTS. Great name for a great group of talented peopler.

Sent on 12/06/2010

Sara · Married on 05/22/2010

Tom Gavin's DJ Delights exceeded my expectations. They took my guests requests and played a variety of genres. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/06/2010

Corrine · Married on 04/30/2010

We cannot begin to thank Tom Gavin enough for the services provided for our wedding. I spoke with Tom about a month or so prior to our wedding to be sure he would have our "First Dance" song ("When You Got a Good Thing" by Lady Antebellum - or Lady Pepto Bismol as he called it!) and each time we were in contact, he knew exactly what we had discussed previously and would even mention things I had forgotten about. We even had to call a day before the wedding to be sure something would be taken care of for my entrance song and he had already thought about the same thing and assured us that he had it under control. By all means, if you are having a Martins event, you will not go wrong with utilizing Tom's services for either your ceremony music and/or reception music. Tom was awesome and he always seemed so peppy on the phone! :-)

Sent on 05/05/2010

John · Married on 03/27/2010

Tom is an extraordinary artist and DJ. His style is professional and engaging and worked closely with us on our music selection. We chose to have Tom play music before the ceremony, during the cocktail hour and dinner as well as for the dancing part of the event. He played a mix of jazz, R&B, classics, and contemporary dance music and it was a big HIT. Have no doubts, go with Tom Gavin and DJ Delights, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 04/04/2010

bonnie · Married on 12/05/2009

We were very pleased with Tom Gavin's DJ Delights. Tom helped us with choosing the right songs that fit our wedding and the price was worth it all. Tom was very professional in his work and it showed. He really made the people feel welcomed during the reception and he interact with the guests. We highly recommend Tom Gavin's DJ Delights to anyone that is looking for a DJ for parties, weddings, etc.. Tom, thank you for everything and being a part of the wedding of the year of 2009. God bless!!
    Darrell and Bonnie Jackson