Tom Gavin's DJ Delights Reviews

175 | Bel Air, MD

175 Reviews for Tom Gavin's DJ Delights

Tom was fantastic!
    Played music selections exactly how we requested them!!
    Funny and responsive!

Sent on 02/03/2014

Donna · Married on 10/26/2013

Very satisfied with the service. Easy to use website. Great people to work with. Uplighting matched my colors. Music was just perfect. Could not have asked for more.

Sent on 11/16/2013

Lucy · Married on 10/19/2013

DJ Delights did as I asked and they were fun to work with. My husband had some specific music types and they made his list work with the party without sending my guests running for the parking lot. Instead, my guests dance, and are still talking about my wedding.

Sent on 11/17/2013

Our guests have been raving out the music all week. They were able to move the reception along well. Tom did a great job training his guys. Just make sure they are able to pronounce the names of the bridal party. We had a few issues.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Lauren · Married on 09/13/2013

Could not have asked for a better experience. Energetic emcee. Gorgeous up lighting. Music my guests loved. Will use them for my company party.

Sent on 11/26/2013

janicer · Married on 09/05/2013

Great time. Wonderful to deal with. Highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/18/2013

Kim · Married on 06/23/2013

My musician for my ceremony backed out with less than 2 days notice and Tom not only provided the emcee (him) and his dj, but Tom did my ceremony in a courtyard at our hotel. He told me not to worry, had all my music, the mics for the officiant and my readers. Took a load off worry off my mind. The party was the best part. Thank you Tom and Jessie. Will recommend highly.

Sent on 07/04/2013

Kristy · Married on 06/22/2013

I worked with Tom when he was still a radio executive. My DJ cancelled on me the week of my wedding. Since he was a friend of the family he wasn't charging me. My budget was empty and I only had less than 200.00 to spend on music. Tom sent one of his top people and told me to give the dj the money I had left for music. He wanted nothing. That's how long we've known each other and what a true friend and awesome person he is. My party rocked and the guests all remarked what great style DJ Delights was. Tom came to my rescue and wanted nothing in return. He saved my day.

Sent on 07/02/2013

Kristy · Married on 06/22/2013

Tom and I worked in radio when he was just getting started. That's how long I've known him. When I had a major issue with the friend who was doing my wedding as a gift, I called Tom. I had no budget, no money. Tom sent one of his team and simply told me to 'tip the dj'. He wanted nothing. The dj was amazing. Friendly, fun and a life saver. DJ Delights saved my wedding.

Sent on 07/02/2013

Sierra · Married on 06/02/2013

I was late getting my ceremony music into Tom and he got to my venue over 2 hours early to meet one of my bridesmaids and put it all together. Then they set up separate equipment out on the beach. The party after was fantastic. They were great and were very patient dealing with a very frantic bride... me. Would recommend highly.

Sent on 06/28/2013

Ruth · Married on 05/31/2013

The party was amazing. Tom and his assistant provided half the energy and I had over 120 guests. We were at a bed and breakfast resort and had booked all the rooms but still no one wanted to stop dancing. My ceremony on the beach was perfect as well. They brought a second set of equipment and got there early so my 3 soloists could practice before guests arrive. You rocked DJ Delights.

Sent on 06/26/2013

Jae · Married on 05/24/2013

DJ Delights provided the music as well as our beautiful uplighting. Their colors perfectly matched mine and once the dancing started their dance floor lights kicked in and that made their energy, their emcee and the music even hotter. I wanted a party/night club feel the last 2 hours but a classy dinner party style the first 2 hours. I got it from them and then some. Tom lived up to his reputation and then some. Jessie was great at always answering my calls and e mails the same day.

Sent on 06/26/2013

Jen · Married on 05/18/2013

I've used DJ Delights in the past for events at my school, so I was familiar with their way of doing business. They outdid themselves, and my guests noticed. Not only was the music and selection mix perfect, they worked great with my venue. I'd recommend Tom and his staff highly.

Sent on 06/28/2013

litisha · Married on 05/04/2013

Very spirited upbeat and funny dj, professional and friendly, gives great mc'ing w/ great enthusiaum. Just give this man your music selection and watch him go . YAAAAAA Tom

Sent on 05/13/2013

Cindy · Married on 01/06/2013

Hard to say what else could have gone RIGHT. It was a great party, along with a classic wedding ceremony. DJ Delights handled both events for us. They worked my sisters wedding several years ago and I think they've even are more fun now than then. And that wedding was great too. Thank you.

Sent on 01/13/2013
  • F

Fred · Married on 10/19/2012

This was vendor we didn't have to worry about. Customer friendly website. Jessie was always available to answer our questions. The DJ was better than we expected. Great value for the money we spent. Wise choice.

Sent on 10/24/2012

Martin · Married on 10/14/2012

These guys were great. We struggled with getting the ceremony performed on the water due to rain. They set up outside, then tore down when it poured, then set up again once the storm past. We could not have the dancing on the outside deck due to cool temperatures so they brought another sound system into the resort's dining room. And the party was great. My friends are still talking about how great a time we had. DJ Delights
    had a lot to do with it. Thanks to DJ Angelo and of course Tom and his inside team. Great customer service.

Sent on 10/18/2012

Tom · Married on 10/14/2012

Our party ran overtime. About 30 minutes. Tom's DJ stayed. Didn't charge us. Said he was having fun. It certainly looked like he enjoyed what he did for a living. My guests all stayed till the end. Well, except for the old old ones. They kept telling me how great the music was. How it flowed much like a club. DJ Delights website was easy to configure. Other dj's were not. Some didn't even have web sites. I will refer them as we were 'delighted' at the results.

Estelle · Married on 10/12/2012

Our dj cancelled on us. He had made a mistake and overbooked himself. I called my venue in a panic. They called Tom. Received a call back from him in 2 minutes. 2 minutes! He did not dissapoint. He immediately told me he could help me. Even gave me a discount. His dj was fabulous. My guests danced and stayed ... my biggest fear that everyone would leave. DJ Delights relieved a lot of my stress.

Deirdre · Married on 10/11/2012

We got married on a weekday. My venue was cheaper. I was able to invite more guests than I could on a saturday night. DJ Delights has a 'weekday discount' I saved almost a third of their cost. Neither my venue or DJ Delights let me down! We had a great time. Tom and his assistant managed the night. Tom even dressed up with some of my photo booth props and walked through the party promoting the booth in the next room. Dj Delights were great. Very happy couple.

• W

Wendy · Married on 10/07/2012

My guests had an amazing time. Their music was just right. We danced the majority of the night and when my friends were leaving they kept mentioning 'the dj'. DJ Delights filled my expectations and then some. They kept me organized throughout the reception so I could enjoy the party more.

Sent on 10/26/2012

Great evening and extremely accommodating DJ

Sent on 10/12/2012

Tom Gavin's DJ Delights's reply:

We are disappointed with the above review and will take this opportunity to address it respectfully.

In reviewing the contract that Jessica signed with us, and after discussing a previous wedding success that we had in the same location with a similar number of guests, we all agreed on the game plan for what sound requirements would make this day a success.

Additional telephone meetings after our face to face visits prior to and the week of her wedding revealed her count had significantly increased, while our package to her remained as is. In other words, we did not raise her rates.

Instead, it was our suggestion that we run with our original plan that we all agreed on ... again, given our history of success at the venue and make changes and adjustments at the event if we all felt it was necessary.

Once the reception was underway, there was concern from the bride whether all guests could hear all our sound. DJ Delights immediately upgraded the sound package from what was discussed and purchased to an upper level of service to accommodate these concerns. 150 feet of additional speaker line was added, as well as additional speakers to overcome the limitations that the client felt were needed.

This upgrade was done at no additional charge. Efforts to reach Jessica after the event so far have met with no return calls. My suggestion was a 3, 4 way conference call or an in person face to face visit to resolve the matter, even if it mean making an adjustment to settle these differences of opinion and service levels.

We strive for over the top customer service, and will do everything we can before, during and after to achieve a positive outcome for our clients.

Diane · Married on 09/28/2012

The wedding was great. Music was on target. We got what we paid for and then some. The way they ran our reception was smooth and flowed well. Would recommend them again.

Sent on 10/08/2012

Rod · Married on 09/23/2012

My wife and I put this wedding together in a short period of time. Our bed and breakfast venue recommened DJ Delights. They were prompt, helpful and fun to work with. Tom came to our home and helped us with our songs and the planning format. The day of the wedding was just as smooth as 'dj fran' was friendly, knowledgable along with being a talented dj. Would recommend them highly.

Sent on 09/25/2012

Shawna · Married on 09/22/2012

We had a friend booked for this and he called a week before and said we would have to rent him a computer as his wasn't working. WTF! For a wedding? Really? The hotel referred DJ Delights and the same day I called Tom was at my house that night. Amazing response time. Plus my husband is from Boston (Tom is) and they connected before Tom got in my front door.
    Tom's dj was as service oriented as Tom was. He picked the perfect ceremony music as I know nothing about classical. Provided a mike for my minister AND my reader and even got my sisters up to dance at the party ... think the dj's name was Rob. I would strongly recommend DJ Delights ... I was freaking out the week of my wedding. Jessie, Tom and I think Rob (sorry if I'm wrong, too many merlots) were the answer to my prayers. The hotel ... Marriott was great to tell us to call them.

Sent on 09/25/2012