Tom Barrett Disc Jockeys LLC Reviews

52 | West Chester, PA

52 Reviews for Tom Barrett Disc Jockeys LLC

Domenick · Married on 09/18/2010

I have been to many weddings Tom and his group have done and recommended him to brides many times in my wedding photography business. Tom sent his top DJ Bill to us. Bill spoke with us to find out the music we requested and even purchased our first dance song because he did not have it in his files. He was very accommodating to everyone at our wedding.

Sent on 02/15/2012

Lindsay · Married on 08/07/2010

Tom Barrett was recommended by another vendor, but it's a large company and we weren't sure what to expect. We were really pleased. Everyone danced; the cocktail and dinner music was exactly what we had discussed over the phone (jazz not smooth jazz). The DJ who worked the event had not been to the venue, and the room posed some acoustic challenges, but he figured it out. Had he not mentioned having to tinker with speaker placement, we would have never known about the difficulties.

Lastly, you cannot argue with their prices. We saw DJs that were double or triple the cost. Maybe those prices are worth it for more bells and whistles (lights, etc.), but we wanted good music and professionalism, and that's exactly what we got.

Sent on 08/12/2010

Tammy · Married on 08/01/2009

I had heard great reviews about this DJ service which all proved to be true. I was a fairly young bride and did not want to be scammed by a DJ service by not asking the right questions, etc. After much research, the proof made it so that I had to choose Tom Barrett's DJ's. They were so easy to work with and on the day of, our DJ was fantastic. We were running late because of pictures and he helped us to get back on schedule without stressing me or our wedding party out. He was a fantastic M.C. and I had no worries once the ceremony started. He communicated well with the country club staff and I really couldn't have asked for more. My biggest fear was that people would not dance and I chose this company specifically because I heard reviews that they get people on the dance floor. The reviews were correct because literally EVERYONE was on the dance floor. My little cousins, high school aged brothers and sisters, college friends, parents and their friends, and grandparents were all dancing together! It seriously made my day and made me an extremely happy bride!! I could not have asked for more...people overflowed the dance floor and we danced all night! No corny dance songs...but a great variety of songs for all ages! I was extremely happy by the end of the night mainly because of the great DJ service.

Sent on 09/12/2009

Jodee · Married on 03/28/2009

Fantastic. They are easy to work with, kept to all my requests and were a great price. Our dance floor was filled all night!

Sent on 04/14/2009
  • Irina

Irina · Married on 07/25/2008

Tom was by far the most enjoyable to work with - extremely professional, would give you honest feedback on different ideas (e.g. we wanted to have a mike for the outside ceremony - Tom did not hesitate to counsel against that idea), would also give you an honest opinion as to the accoustics of the venue that you are considering. I found it extremely easy to work with him!

The Company has a questionaire to be filled in advance of the wedding day - we wanted a different music for the ceremony which we included on a separate sheet. The execution was flawless! The DJ came to me before the ceremony to confirm the flow and everything came together as if I was operating the DJ station (I am no DJ, but I had imagined it and I had played it a home a gazillion times:).

Definitely - extremely honest, extremely competent, extremely responsive people!

Sent on 10/15/2008

Judith · Married on 06/22/2008

Our DJ was great. His personality was perfect for our guests. He had them on the dance floor all night.

Sent on 10/08/2008

Jeff · Married on 06/22/2008

The DJ kept the music moving throughout the evening. People stayed on the dance floor and that's what we wanted. The music wasn't too loud or overbearing. It was a good mix for all of our guests.

Sent on 03/05/2011

leah · Married on 06/21/2008

Our DJ was great. He kept the dance floor packed all night, we had so much fun! He also did our ceremony music, which was good also. He was very pleasant and professional. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/19/2008

Katrina · Married on 06/07/2008

Tom Barrett DJs were wonderful! When we wanted to book a DJ, we wanted to work with a company that would be low-key and professional. We especially did not want a lot of chatter from the DJ during our reception, so we asked if they were willing to just play music. Unlike other DJs we contacted, Tom Barrett DJs immediately understood what we were talking about, and were more than willing to do our wedding the way we wanted.

The night of the wedding could not have been better. A week before, we had decided to mic the ceremony, and the DJ showed up early and was able to set up the sound equipment in the ceremony location and then move it to the reception tent with no trouble. The music was fun, appropriate, and kept all of our guests dancing all night - despite 95 degree heat!

Sent on 07/13/2008

Rachael · Married on 05/25/2008

We had asked that they play a mix of songs from the 60s, 70s, 80s and traditional Indian music. This did not faze our DJ. He played a mix of exactly what we asked for. He was nice and very funny. I highly recommend.

Sent on 06/03/2008

Aubrey · Married on 07/27/2007

Absolutely top-notch in every way. Tom Barrett Disc Jockeys has been in business for decades, and based on your music requests, they match the DJ to your own tastes. There are no "surprise" add-on charges - what you pay for is what you get. Highly professional, a pleasure to work with, and did everything just right. They definitely kept the music pleasant and enjoyable during dinner and then catered to the guests to keep everyone dancing to the very last minute of the reception. I highly recommend!

Sent on 09/21/2008

Jaime · Married on 06/02/2007

Great DJ, played all requests, was not overbarring, literally every single person was dancing (we had people from 2-102 years old out on the floor)

Sent on 01/23/2008

Ryan · Married on 03/11/2007

Our DJ was awesome. He kept our guests entertained, he respected our opinion on what to play and not play, and best of all, he pronounced everyones name correct. He did a fantastic job!!!

Sent on 07/08/2008

Denise · Married on 10/12/2002

They were not showy, but very professional. Their music selection was top notch and were very flexible with letting us give them music not on their list!

Sent on 10/30/2007

Katelyn · Married on 09/02/2017

Ken was a great DJ! He kept people on the dance floor the entire night. Tom Barrett also helped me create a mix for me and my dad to dance to.

Sent on 10/21/2017
  • W

William · Married on 05/27/2017

Setting thing everything up with Tom Barrett DJ was easy and hassle-free, this was especially important as we were planning the wedding from a distance. The only recommendation I can make here is for an improved online/electronic presence as they required shipping their material to my APO which was a little slow. They were very flexible leading up to the ceremony and reception with some last minute changes we made to our script and song requests. Once on-site, John, got right to work setting everything up and talking to us about any last minute updates and made sure he had everyone's names correct. We had a long list of song requests that they were able to get to some of in between guest requests, and their equipment setup wasn't obtrusive or gaudy like some other DJ's I've seen. It was subtle and well-suited to our style, and John did a good job of keeping the party going. I think it is an artefact of the loudspeakers used for the reception, but the audio during dinner music sounded a bit off. Overall we were very pleased with John and Tom Barretty DJ's, and would definitely recommend them to anyone getting married looking for a professional and experienced team!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Lori · Married on 11/04/2016

Our venue had their own sound system so we wanted someone that frequented the venue often- although we had never been to an event with Tom Barrett DJs, I felt comfortable booking them after looking at online reviews, and I am so happy we did! The company's slogan is "your wedding, your way" and this is so true. We were able to submit song requests and do not play request, which as a dance teacher and music lover was important to me. One big request we had was that our first song was not played from a cd or a digital file but rather on a vinyl record that was from my mother's collection. My husband and I love pur vinyl collection. My mother past a few years ago and it was importanot to me to have little touches of her in our big day. I was so worried with this being pulled off smoothly, but Tom put me at ease right away. Our Dj John helped arrange having the record player on display where all our guest could see. The second I heard our first song play, I had tears in my eyes- it was by far one of my favorite moments of the day. Thank you DJ John for not only making our first dance perfect but keeping our reciption a big dance party which is exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 01/24/2017

Abigail · Married on 10/31/2015

Tom Barrett was more than reasonably priced. The DJ they provided was perfect for my reception, friendly and professional. He also played the CD I'd sent in for the reception, despite me sending it after the deadline. Can't complain about the service at all!

Sent on 01/26/2016

Jen · Married on 10/23/2010

We were very impressed with Tom Barrett Disc Jockeys. We had a destination wedding out of state in my home town and Tom worked with us and made the music planning from a distance very easy.

Our DJ John was dressed in a tux and was very professional. We didn't have as many people dancing as we hoped due to shy people and a lot of people mingling outside the tent, but there were still a lot of dancers and John kept us dancers all very happy. If we were able to I would ask for John again as a DJ. He was quick to play songs requested and was very personable and friendly.

I would definitely use Tom Barret DJ services again for another event.

I should add that the only reason we gave a 4.5 out of 5 for the service quality was because some of the music at important points and one or two announcements were a tad bit quiet and some guests were a little confused at what was going on. Nothing horrible but just a little on the quiet side.

Sent on 10/27/2010

Katie · Married on 11/07/2009

We had Kevin from Tom Barrett DJ's, and he was great. He read the crowd, and kept people on the dance floor all night. He did a good job as MC, although we asked him to acknowlege some friends that recently got married, and I think he forgot, but other than that, he was great. I was a little worried about not meeting him before the wedding, but there was no need to. I would highly recommend using Tom Barrett.

Sent on 11/25/2009
  • Natalie62

Natalie · Married on 10/08/2016

3.0

Tom is a great guy; albeit old school but he's solid. Tom's DJ service came recommended by a family member to me. He had been used for their reception and they were very happy with him. At first, I was a little taken aback by his snail mail correspondence. As our wedding approached, he called me directly from his cell phone to assure me that everything would be fine. My venue layout was different than others, so I wasn't sure how the sound would be wired. Tom did let me know that our sound needs would be accommodated. On the day of our wedding, Tom sent Kevin. Kevin was great; he was professional and even complimented our playlist. I didn't get to converse with him so much, but everyone kept complimenting the choices in music. I even heard he handled a challenging family member with grace! Thank you Tom and Kevin -- I am completely impressed with the outcome! I definitely recommend Tom Barrett Disc Jockeys.

Sent on 10/19/2016

amie · Married on 09/20/2009

Nice guys. Our DJ played the wrong version of our first dance song but otherwise was pretty great.

Sent on 02/19/2010

Rebecca · Married on 05/24/2015

4.2

They were great! The music was all-around appropriate, and he listened to what we asked for.

Sent on 06/26/2015

Emily · Married on 09/02/2006

2.0
      3.0

My sister and my sister in law also used this company. Overall great result. Great DJ-ing! Kept people on the floor and dancing.

My only gripe- they say the DJ working your even will call sometime right before your big day. I called and asked if we could do this prior- they said no. The day before my wedding day, he still had not called. Do they not realize you are going to be incredibly busy they day before your wedding!!!!!!! I was not happy. I called and finally got a call back during my rehearsal dinner. For the record- I was not bridezilla, I am a very laid back person, but that pushed the limits. The responsiveness from Tom Barrett prior to all of this was fine.

Sent on 11/29/2007

Lisa · Married on 04/25/2009

3.8
      3.0

The DJ for my wedding did a great job as far as what his job entails: setting up on time, playing music, acting professionally, and doing the announcements, etc. However, I thought the music was ordinary and generic wedding music. To put it simply, it was just BLAH.

I wanted to give the DJ a playlist where I had chosen pretty much all of the songs that would be played, however Tom Barrett himself talked me out of it because he said it wouldn't really allow the DJ to do his job. So, I trusted his judgement and only suggested a few songs. To my disappointment, the music was ok at best. I wanted a fun dance party at the reception, which is what we would have had if I had just gone with my music selections.

If you like generic wedding music (ie: "Last Dance" played for the....yes, last dance) -- that made me cringe by the way --- then I suggest this company because they did do a good job. But if you want current, dance music then this is not the place for you.

Sent on 05/12/2010