Toast & Jam Reviews

Toast & Jam 5
Toast & Jam 6
Toast & Jam 7
  • User5198693 · 2+ years ago

Toast & Jam have been phenomenal to work with. The process was easy, fun and fast. I love that our DJ wants to know what we enjoy and provides recommendations.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Nicholas · Married on 04/08/2016

When we were looking for a DJ for our wedding, the name Toast & Jam kept coming up from all of our friends who had been to weddings recently where the DJ had done a great job. After meeting with Kate, we immediately understood why. The whole experience was completely painless - we just filled out a sheet with our musical preferences and added a bunch of information about songs and bands we liked and Kate took care of the rest. Rather than us building a playlist, Kate used our input from the two pre-wedding meetings we had with her and the reaction of the crowd to keep the playlist rocking all night. We had so many people complimenting the music during the wedding that I lost count, and the dance floor was packed all night - the true sign of great wedding music! She also handled the music for our ceremony and did an awesome job coordinating with our officiant and the venue to make sure all of the entrances, speeches, and announcements went smoothly, which made our night a heck of a lot easier. Overall, I can’t recommend Toast & Jam - and specifically Kate - enough.

Sent on 05/14/2016

Jancey · Married on 04/02/2016

Having Kristin Marks as our DJ was the perfect addition to our wedding. We were kind of clueless about wedding planning, and she helped us so much. SHe explained and gave options for what usually happens in terms of ceremony order, toasts, first dances, etc. All that stuff you've seen a million times but don't actually pay attention to until you realize you now have to organize it. Kristin provided the ceremony audio as well as threw us an amazing dance party. Seriously. She kept our dance floor rocking, and she danced the entire night herself from behind the table. SO MANY of our guests were like, "we want to be your DJ's friend". Even though I know she must do a wedding every weekend, she looked like she was having a fabulous time, which helped me have a fabulous time too! We could not have asked for more. We are so happy Kristin was part of our day!

Sent on 04/30/2016

Daniel · Married on 03/26/2016

To put it mildly, I am music snob. When envisioning our wedding, I thought, "music? I'll just make one of my patented playlists and have one of my friends rock the iPad." Boy, am I glad I didn't. Electing to book Toast and Jam as our wedding DJ was one of the best decisions we made through the entire planning process. We were lucky enough to get Karin as our DJ who took not only took my admittedly constrictive suggestions and requests in stride, but expanded the grooves in inventive and utterly captivating ways. She choose songs that paved the pathways of our lives and relationships, and seems to have somehow tapped deep into my conscious or record collection for deep sleeper picks. How did she know my college band used to cover Le Tigre? Or that that one mix of Maple Leaves was always my favorite Le Tigre song? I suspect witchcraft.

Sent on 04/12/2016

Katie · Married on 03/19/2016

Hiring Toast & Jam was a fantastic decision for our wedding! We had DJ Jess and all of our guests commented on how epic she made our dance floor. We were a little random as my husband's family is Russian and you eat multiple courses throughout the evening. Jess helped us create mini dance sets and the dance floor was packed for every single one of them! It was important to us that all of our guests felt like they owned the dance floor. She had our parents rocking out and we had friends who didn't get off of the dance floor until 1:30 in the morning. Jess also really knew how to read the crowd and she just made the evening about us. I'm a dork who likes oldies and my husband likes more EDM, etc. She somehow pulled it off and it was amazing! Also, she helped us create the timeline for the evening that we used for our food and photographer. We would recommend Toast & Jam 100%!

Sent on 05/01/2016

We worked with Caitlin at Toast & Jam. She was wonderful to work with. She took the time to really understand the vibe we wanted for our wedding and was flexible as we made changes to our plan. For the wedding, she created an amazing playlist based on musical tastes as well as what would keep the dance floor going. She kept the floor going up until the last call - it was an amazing night!

Sent on 03/10/2016

Jennifer · Married on 12/12/2015

Perfect! Seriously zero complaints. We were lucky enough to get Rachel and Kate together and people danced nonstop for hours. The ceremony was well timed, the announcements went as planned, but really the playlist was killer. They knew how to get the perfect blend of songs to keep all ages dancing, popular and off the beaten path as well.

Plus the evening ended with Backstreet's Back. Hire them now.

Sent on 01/11/2016

lauren · Married on 12/05/2015

Kate and Rachel from Toast & Jam were AWESOME! They really read the crowd well and kept people dancing all night. The music was a great combination of what we wanted to hear, along with what they felt would keep everyone engaged and entertained.

Sent on 02/19/2016

Kathryn · Married on 11/22/2015

DJ Rachel did a phenomenal job at our wedding! We live abroad and Rachel was very accommodating and did all our consultations via Skype in the weeks before the wedding. Hiring Toast and Jam was a last minute decision, since we had originally planned on doing our own music for the reception. But knowing a talented professional was in charge of the music/mics/gear made our evening so much more fun and stress free! We'd highly recommend them!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Emily was our DJ for our wedding in November 2015! She is the best! Toast & Jam was actually first recommended to us by our photographer, who said she had seen them often and, if we wanted a great DJ and lots of people dancing, this was the place to check out first! We wanted to book them almost immediately after looking at their website and seeing their no play list (we loved this) and fantastic reviews. We DID book them immediately after having our initial Skype call with our DJ, Emily, who was super friendly, very professional, and clearly knew her stuff! We had total faith in her and knew everything would be great. Even so, at our reception, Emily exceeded our expectations! We had some family and friends tease us before the wedding when we mentioned songs like the Chicken Dance and Cha Cha Slide wouldn't be played. They were convinced no one would dance. Not only did people dance at our wedding, but people NEVER LEFT THE DANCE FLOOR! It was always packed, even bouncing at one point, and every single person we talked to - no matter their age was, or what their taste in music was - LOVED the DJ.

We also cannot say enough great things about Emily's organization, professionalism, and expertise. We really appreciated her advise and help in planning the night out - when introductions, speeches, dinner courses, etc. would take place. She also was very quick to respond to any emails! Then the night of the wedding, she kept everything running smoothly, and it was no problem when we took things out of the schedule, changed things up, or needed her to make an extra announcement.

She was absolutely the best! We would HIGHLY recommend Toast & Jam if you want your guests to have the most fun at your wedding and keep dancing all night long!

Sent on 12/16/2015

Toast and Jam was AWESOME!! Caitlin was our DJ and she created an incredible dance party! From the moment dancing started, the dance floor was packed until the very end. Even our older relatives and family friends were dancing all night long. Caitlin, and the rest of the Toast and Jam staff, were excellent to work with. We enjoyed all of our planning meetings, she really took the time to get to know us and our musical tastes. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ.

Sent on 12/17/2015

Meghan & Venita · Married on 11/07/2015

Alli was very organized, well prepared and flexible. She met with us twice before the wedding and heard exactly what we wanted and didn’t want. She helped keep things on track during the night and handled toasts, dances, and announcements. It was a great time, Alli played a great mix of songs and we received loads of compliments on the variety and music choices.

Sent on 02/26/2016

Krista · Married on 10/17/2015

Picking our DJ was our big splurge for our October wedding since we are such big music lovers! I actually picked this vendor out before we even had our venue, just by visiting the website. How refreshing for a DJ to actually play music you like! Nothing cheesy, and all ages were dancing all night. Kate and Rachel looked like they were really enjoying themselves, as well! The first song to get people dancing was "Cecilia" by Simon and Garfunkel. WHAT. How cool!

Toast & Jam is a well-oiled machine. We worked with them at our meeting beforehand to pick the right song for me to walk down the aisle to, as well as getting all pronunciations correct. We also gave them a list of songs to play during our cocktail hour and dinner, which was nostalgic and perfect!

Make the right decision. Get a DJ with good taste!! Thanks, Kate and Rachel!

Sent on 03/17/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/16/2015

First off who says girls can't be DJs? Not Toast and Jam as thy are known for female DJs which I loved. I am a bit of a feminist at heart and love to dance so it was a no brainer for me to select Toast and Jam. Rachel was very knowledgeable about many genres of music. And was able to offer many suggestions in which was very helpful when it came to what music I was going to walk down the aisle and our introduction.

Nothing cheesy here as you don't have to waste your breathe crossing out the chicken dance. They already have a do not play list which saves the couples time. Their rates are very reasonable. And they played the most beautiful version of the tarantella as I was complimented by my Italian family. The dance floor was rarely empty as Rachel knew what songs to play. And she was accommodating to my husband and I who thought it would be cute to surprise me with the first dance song. She kept it top secret until the day of. BTW it was Billy Joel She's Got a Way.

Book them earlier you won't regret it!

Sent on 02/11/2017

My husband and I and our guests loved our DJ, Rebecca. At our consultations, we told her that we trusted her judgment and she did not disappoint. She was also on time and asked us throughout the night if she could play certain songs and if we were ready to do the bouquet/garter toss.

Sent on 10/13/2015

Lindsay · Married on 10/10/2015

I am a Wedding Planner with Storybook Weddings and Events here in Chicago, and I had the pleasure of working with Shannon on a wedding back in November. The wedding was a the Peninsula Hotel, and Shannon did a great job keeping the event classy but also very fun! She was very easy to work with and I hope to work with her again sooner than later. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 05/02/2017

We used Toast & Jam for our wedding on 10/3/2015. Carrie was our DJ and was amazing. She made sure to play all types of music in the beginning to get everyone on the dance floor. Then when some of older people were leaving or we wanted to turn the party up more, she played more of today's music. She listened to what we liked and didn't. She was so easy to work with throughout the whole process. Everything went so smoothly throughout the whole night. I highly recommend using Carrie for your wedding.

Sent on 10/07/2015

Lizzy · Married on 10/03/2015

FUN is the first word that comes to mind about working with Toast & Jam! Our DJ, Karin, was so incredibly delightful to work with. Even though we never met in person until the wedding day, every phone call we had with her was like talking to a friend. Their set lists are huge and there is so much to choose from. We did not have too many "do not plays" and really let her do her thing and be creative. She read the room really well and played all the right songs. One friend referred to our wedding as a "Dance Party Wedding," which is 100% correct. I also appreciated that her focus was on the music and not on emceeing the event. She barely made any announcements, so it really felt like our own. Karin was awesome!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Alex · Married on 10/02/2015

Hiring Toast and Jam was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding in October. We were placed with DJ Ruby, and she was amazing! I have been to so many weddings where I thought the DJ was awkward, either trying too many mashups or attempting to show off their mixing skills or simply just not reading the dance floor. DJ Ruby did NONE of those things. She worked with me and my husband to really understand what we like/don't like musically. The end result was really great. I don't think she played one song that I didn't absolutely love. I was dancing literally the whole night (along with all of my guests who also loved the song selections). On top of that, she was a really nice, fun, and professional vendor. I would definitely recommend Toast and Jam and DJ Ruby to anyone. FANTASTIC!!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Rachel and Kate killed it at out wedding. From the first meeting we had we felt comfortable and knew that our reception was in good hands. They listened to what we liked, gave suggestions and were great with to communicate with. At our reception from the time the dance floor opened it was never empty. People kept saying how much fun they had and was the most they'd ever dance. You will not be disappointed I promise!!!

Sent on 12/10/2015

Allison · Married on 09/06/2015

If you want to have a party, you need Toast & Jam! Booking T+J was one of the first things we did when we started planning. We were attracted to them originally because of their "do not play" list and fun vibe and it was easily one of the best decisions we made. Our DJ, Rebecca, was genuinely concerned about providing our guests with an awesome dance party! Our dance floor was full all night and everyone commented about how great the music was. She didn't play anything stuffy and she provided recommendations for things when we needed them. She even followed up afterwards to tell us how much fun she had! Toast & Jam is seriously the best! Thank you, Rebecca, for giving our guests the best party ever!

Sent on 09/23/2015

Michael · Married on 09/05/2015

Caitlin killed it at our reception. They're on top of the music selection and help you make sure that the whole night goes off. She moved along the speeches, toasts, etc and the dance party was amazing. Awesome night and would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 09/16/2015

Melanie · Married on 08/22/2015

DJ Jess was insanely amazing!! She made our dance floor absolute perfection! She did exactly what we had asked for and kept everyone on the dance floor all night. I would 100% recommend her! Thanks Toast & Jam (Jess LeMaster) for making our night killer!!!

Sent on 09/30/2015

My husband's most important mission during the wedding day was to find a great DJ who wasn't cheesy, wouldn't play typical wedding songs like "Love Shack" and "The Electric Slide" and who would keep our guests on the dance floor all night long. We found this through Toast and Jam. A friend recommended them and we couldn't have been happier. Our DJ, Shannon, was friendly, prompt, and spot on with her music choices based on our taste (and the list of must plays my husband sent her). She spent the night grooving in her booth -just watching her put a smile on our face. She was having as much fun as anyone! We can't recommend Shannon and Toast and Jam enough. Truly, there was never a moment where our dance floor wasn't packed with party!

Sent on 11/02/2015

I admit that I originally selected Toast & Jam because I loved the name (so clever!). What can I say, marketing works on me. But I'm so glad that it did because upon meeting with DJ Leslie we knew that she was the right DJ for us. Not only is she super cool and knows her sh*t when it comes to music, but her taste in music aligned perfectly with ours. It made our lives so much easier because we could be super general - "uh, we like 90s hiphop" and she would take it from there.
    We had two meetings with her prior to wedding and some email communication. She was totally cool when we found out a few weeks prior to the wedding that we'd need her to play the ceremony recessional and was also cool when we found out the day before the wedding that we would also need her to play the processional. She rolled with the changes like a champ and even made some suggestions to help it all go more smoothly.
    When it came to the reception I was originally worried that people wouldn't dance. Leading up to the wedding I had nightmares of an empty dance floor and everyone just staring at each other uncomfortably (like the dance out of Footloose), but I should've had more faith in DJ Leslie. Our dance floor was packed nonstop. I saw guests on the dance floor that I'd never seen dance before. Everyone was having such an amazing time that we had to ask her if she'd be willing to extend the party by an hour! And because DJ Leslie is an amazingly awesome person, she totally agreed. We paid her with her handy square app on the spot and the party went on.
    After the wedding so many guests told us how great the music was, how much fun they had, and even asked for copies of the playlists! Our wedding exceeded every hope that I had and that wouldn't have been possible without DJ Leslie. She's the best!

Sent on 09/14/2015