To Have and To Hold Ceremonies Reviews

View more information

3.9

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • User2303267 2+ years ago
    Jennifer was recommended to us from our amazing DJ. When we met with her the first time, we had a very open and honest conversation and we felt very comfortable putting our day in her hands.
    She sent me many examples of various ceremonies that I ended up building our ceremony from. Together we finalized it into a perfect very personalized and unique ceremony.
    She ran through our wedding day during the rehearsal so well that we had no question of what we needed to do when the time came. The day of, she ran the ceremony beautifully. I loved sharing our special day with her.
    Thank you Jennifer for making our ceremony memorable, beautiful and unique.
  • User1982950 2+ years ago
    Jennifer has been wonderful to work with. Not only is she very responsive and professional, but she accommodated mine and my fiance's busy schedules to sit down and meet with us and get to know us. She's such a well-rounded & down to earth person, that I knew almost instantly she was the perfect fit to be our officiant. She helped with ideas, and is making our ceremony perfect for us. Not to mention, the value for what we are getting- probably the best I could find in Phoenix.
  • User2022993 2+ years ago
    She was great!!! I hired her for the basic package and interpreter services. They were both great. They helped me w/ the dress, helped organize and set up for the ceremony. I met with reverend Ashby prior to the ceremony to verify which ceremony and wording I wanted. She was great to work with, prompt responses. I would definitely recommend her! I am thankful for all the help they both provided the day of the ceremony and afterwards as well. Thanks to the both of you!
    Heather Married on 11/15/2014
    Jennifer was wonderful. She's got a heart of gold and went above and beyond to make sure our special day was spectacular. She took on a HUGE task with the wedding she provided for us and it was very much a success. She held up her end of everything she promised us. Her professionalism is outstanding. She promptly answered all questions and made sure we had all info we needed in a timely manner. She is our shining star!!
  • User1959361 2+ years ago
    I recently got married by Ms Jennifer. She was sweet & along with my every step of the way. If i forgot something she was right there to help me check & double check that everything was perfect. I have already recommended her to so many of my friends & i will continue to do so for a LONG TIME
    Krystal Married on 11/15/2014
    Reverend Jennifer Ashby was beyond amazing with everything from communication up until the day of the Ceremony, and even now! I would recommend her to anyone that I know that needs someone so sweet and generous to assist them with their wedding. Jennifer Ashby was not only one of the friendliest, but also most understanding people that I have ever met. I loved the beautiful ceremony that she created for my wife and I and the thirteen other couples that were blessed to have her unite us with the love of our lives! There are not enough words to express our appreciation we have for this amazing woman and all of the other Vendors that were there to make this night so special for all of us! Thank you again! ~Mrs. & Mrs. Zepeda
    Allison Married on 10/12/2014
    Reverend Jennifer Ashby is absolutely wonderful. My Husband and I are so happy that we went with her as our wedding officiant.

Jennifer is extremely responsive, professional, organized, and a fantastic person to work with. My Husband and I were interested in a non-religious ceremony and were so happy to find someone that listened to our wants/needs and translated it all into an extremely memorable ceremony. Jennifer provided great guidance, some ceremony examples, and was extremely flexible in working with us to put together a ceremony that meant so much to us. She was also really instrumental in providing a very easy and great looking layout for the ceremony itself. Having her at rehearsal is super key! I felt so much better after our rehearsal and finally knew how everything was going to down thanks to Jennifer. Not only did she work well with our Day of Coordinator, she also provided great suggestions and put both my parents at ease.

Jennifer also provides a perfectly formatted file after your ceremony so that you can print it out and frame it. She also sends your marriage certificate in for you which is a bit of a lifesaver especially if you are immediately going on your honeymoon.

I loved working with Jennifer and highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a professional who is responsive and really listens to the needs of her clients. Love her!

To Have and To Hold Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you! You both are amazing people and very detailed as well! You made my job a lot easier! Your wedding on the rooftop was just amazing. Your parents were awesome! Your dad is a sweetheart! I'm so glad to hear all the kind words you wrote. Thank you so much for letting me be apart of your day and the rehearsal! I wanted what was best for you both and for it to look right and for you to be comfortable. I wish you both many happy years together! If you need anything please reach out to me!
  • User1858970 2+ years ago
    Jennifer was GREAT! She has a way with words and really understood the type of ceremony the two of us wanted.
    Angelica Married on 09/20/2014
    Reverend Jennifer Ashby was so kind and professional. My only communication with her before the wedding was via email but even then she made me feel comfortable. I appreciated that she would follow up from time to time and she pretty much did all the work. She provided us with a list of ceremony scripts to choose from, we were able to pick parts from each one and create a custome one. The day of the event she arrived early, she spent some time with my wife and was able to make her feel comfortable and at ease. The ceremony was beautiful!

To Have and To Hold Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much! I enjoyed working with both of you. You 2 are amazing beautiful people! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful. I could tell she was extremely nervous and was filled with emotion, i knew my job was to keep her calm, breathing and standing! I'm so glad to hear that you both enjoyed the ceremony. I only wish we had been able to meet prior to the ceremony. But it did work out! I am so glad I was able to meet both of you and help make your dreams come true. You have amazing family and friends beside you. You are both truly blessed! If there is ever anything you need in the future please call me!
    Bridget Married on 09/06/2014
    It was such a pleasure having Jennifer officiate the wedding. I had no idea what steps were needed in the vows or even what a sand ceremony was. Jennifer explained everything and took any stress out of our special day! I would love it if she were available when we decide to renew our vows years down the road. She was so compassionate and really helpful as well as professional! I as a bride highly recommend Jennifer to anyone wanting to get married! My first wedding was not what every girl dreams of. Thanks to Jennifer I was able to have my dream wedding!

To Have and To Hold Ceremonies's reply:

Your wedding was so beautiful! Even with the dust storm included! I really wanted to make your dream wedding a reality. I wanted to make sure every aspect was covered and to not leave anything out. I am so glad you chose me to be there for your special day. I will definitely be there when you want to renew your vows! Or even for the kids as they get older! Thank you again for all the great memories and laughs I got to share with you! Congratulations!
    Bridget A. Married on 09/06/2014
    Jennifer made our special beautiful! She was extremely professional and added all the special touches that made it perfect! As a second marriage for us both, she made it a dream wedding that none whom attended will forget! If you're looking for a compassionate and professional person to make your day the best it can be, Jennifer is the person for you!!!!

To Have and To Hold Ceremonies's reply:

I am truly so blessed to have been part of your day. It really was a day of so many memories that will last a lifetime for us all that attended! You 2 are amazing and so strong. Im so happy I made your dreams a reality! Congratulations again!
  • User1755518 2+ years ago
    Words cannot start to express how wonderful Jennifer was!! We found her last minute and she was wonderful. She wrote our ceremony after talking to me for 3 hours, and it was exactly about us and who we are. She will always be a special part of our wedding memories.

To Have and To Hold Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you! You're wedding was absolutely beautiful and I'm so glad I got to be apart of your day! Thank you for choosing me to officiate for you!
  • User1796760 2+ years ago
    Reverend Ashby is truly awesome!. She took time with us to create a ceremony that was perfect for us. She was very professional, reliable and funny! We are so glad we chose her to officiate our wedding. She went above and beyond our expectations, she attended our rehearsal and made sure we all felt comfortable. She wrote a memorable ceremony that our friends and family just loved. If you want a personal modern touch to your wedding, shes the one to go with!

To Have and To Hold Ceremonies's reply:

It was a pleasure being part of your special day! Thank you for allowing me to make your memories come true! Your wedding was beautiful! Congratulations again!
    Tommy Married on 11/05/2016
    The ONE PERSON who had the ONE JOB to officiate the ceremony, strolled in late and immediately began complaining that the microphone wouldn’t work with her dress. Had she actually had an ounce of professionalism to show up on time, perhaps her issues could have been addressed sooner—or perhaps it could have been addressed at the rehearsal she felt was so unimportant that she charges extra for her attendance.

Luckily the microphone was muted at the beginning because as she entered she grumbled, “guess it’s show time” or something equally unprofessional, disrespectful and condescending.

The rest of the ceremony would be great though, right? Nope. We didn’t even see her eyes because they were buried in her cell phone, reading every word of the program as if this was the first time she had ever seen or heard it.

On to the bride’s vows—which were identical to the groom’s she had just read (from her phone). Easy, right? Nope, not with this vendor. At this moment—the moment where the bride is about to state her vows to forever hold this man, we were told by the officiant to “Wait.” to “Hold on a minute, my phone isn’t responding.” It was only 2 sentences and half of it is literally her business name!

So we waited. We waited while she searched through her phone for the words she just spoke to the groom seconds earlier that for whatever reason required wifi signal to access. Then she was back—only to say, “Oh wait. It’s my Google, not my phone. My Google crashed. Hold on.” So we held on, for her, on the one most important day of our (little sister/daughter/best friend/fiancee)’s life, to hear the list of excuses—during the ceremony—for why this was not her fault and that this “never happened before.”

It was a disgrace. I’ve seen better public speaking from students at a kindergarten graduation. The ceremony ended with her saying, “Well, I’m just gonna wing it—you’re married now, there!“ It was the most unprofessional thing I have ever seen in my life.
  • Jenn
    Jenn Married on 11/05/2016
    Do NOT book with this vendor. A year ago when we booked her, she was pretty responsive. When the time came to start putting the details together for the big day, it was next to impossible to get a response from her. We emailed her numerous times, called & texted with no response. It took us saying that we were considering firing her to actually get a response from her. We ended up essentially writing our entire ceremony (using wording from several ceremony examples she emailed many months prior when we booked her) & she only added a sentence or two to the final draft. We had not intended to write our own vows/ceremony but due to her lack of response & assistance, we did. On the wedding day, she apparently arrived 20 minutes prior to the ceremony but did not show up to the ceremony site until 5 minutes before the ceremony was to begin. The venue was not large; the ceremony site was very easy to find & she had been given all the details prior to that day. Upon her arrival at the ceremony site, all she did was complain about the mic our DJ gave her. She was supposed to announce that our ceremony was "unplugged" - something that was very important to us - she did not. Ironically, the way that she performed the ceremony was to read it off her phone. Herein lies the most incredibly frustrating & infuriating detail of the entire day: her phone crashed during the ceremony as we were exchanging rings. We all waited there as she clicked around on her phone trying to figure our where our ceremony went. She ended up "winging it" & cut out the end of our ceremony & pretty much just said ok you're married. What professional officiant performs a ceremony from an electronic device without having some form of backup whether it be a PDF document or an old fashioned paper version of the ceremony?! It is your job to perform the ceremony. Come prepared for the unexpected & don't blame YOUR lack of preparation on technology failing. Not sure why we paid her when we did most the work.
    Dan Married on 10/15/2016
    So she was non-responsive through the entire process. Got to the ceremony and everything seemed to be ok, other than a few slip ups. (called my wife to be "Him" or "His" a few times. Everyone got a laugh out of it. The worst part though, was that after waiting six weeks, and prepaying for out marriage license at the court house, turns out she never mailed it in. This is in her contract and she actually charges for it if you don't have it done ahead of time. Now we are still waiting for her response to my email and my voicemail. Will probably have to go to the courthouse and do it myself and take time off work.
  • User1859065 2+ years ago
    After much communication with her about the event, she pulled a no show at the last minute. In the end, we had to delay our entire ceremony until another officiant could come. Since our wedding was supposed to be at sunset, we instead were not able to even get any after ceremony pictures since the ceremony was now in pitch black.

When we contacted her, she blamed us that we sent the wrong date, until we sent screenshots of all correct. She then blamed it on some software. Would highly not recommend to anyone.

To Have and To Hold Ceremonies's reply:

You are correct, There was much communication all the way to the day of. It was programmed into the calendar for the wrong date.There was only 1 discussion of the date on the service that was used to send you the quote. After review of the emails we had since June, The date was never discussed, only location time. I will take full responsibility of this because there should have been a date confirmation email sent to verify the information. This was by no means intentional for me to be a no show. I take full responsibility for this. This has never happened in the many years I have been doing ceremonies. It was a complete honest mistake. I also offered to reimburse for the fee the fee that you had to pay to the officiant who took my place. I know there is no amount of apology that can be given to you to correct this. I am taking this experience and applying and implementing new procedures to ensure something like this never happens again. My deepest apologies to you and your family. I was very much looking forward to your wedding and being apart of your ceremony and meeting your family. I spent so much work and detail into your ceremony wording. Also after hearing about your dad, this would be the last thing I would put you through. I took more time and went and found a gift to present to your family in remembrance of your father. Please understand this was never ever my intention. This is my first mistake and I will do everything in my power to make sure this never happens again.