TKO Entertainment DJs (Cleveland / Akron) Reviews

63 | Richfield, OH

63 Reviews for TKO Entertainment DJs (Cleveland / Akron)

Stacy · Married on 09/25/2010

We were not disappointed. TKO lived up to all of the awesome reviews we had read. Ted was great to work with during the planning phase. Jim and Scott were great the night of the wedding. They kept people on the dance floor without being obnoxious about it.
    We had requested a lot of a certain musician to be played during the cocktail and dinner hour and that's exactly what they did. Then later in the evening we had a special surprise planned for my grandparents, except as we were announcing it, my grandparents were no where to be found. Jim and Scott played it off like it was no big deal, quickly switched to some dance music to distract everyone and tactfully did the whole thing over a few songs later. I am very thankful that we hired TKO as our DJ service and would gladly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 10/01/2010

Bridgette · Married on 05/15/2010

They guys from TKO were just great. They kept the dancefloor packed and the party going all night.

Sent on 08/15/2010

Kelly · Married on 05/11/2012

These guys are awesome! I have been in touch with Ted since about 13 months before the wedding. From the start I felt very comfortable with him! He is very down to earth, friendly, organized and great with getting back to me about anything and everything! He was so patient with me and my fiancé (at the time) and our specific wants! He was willing to have a conversation to put me at ease about what to expect! This really helped me feel better! You could not ask for better DJs! And although they may seem a little pricey they are more than worth it! They are great at entertaining, are wonderful with setting the pace and tone of the reception, and the quality of the music they use is amazing! My brother and best friend used them for their weddings and a family friend used them for her son's bar mitzvah before me, and I was impressed each time! So happy with all they did for me and my husband and our families to make our special day perfect!

Sent on 05/27/2012

ashley · Married on 06/12/2008

TKO was great. Our DJ was really special and had lots of good songs.

Sent on 02/25/2009
  • User6087178 · 1+ year ago

3.5

Ted (the owner) and Ed were great! We had many compliments. Up lighting and ceremony was included in our package which isn't always the case even for TKO. They were worth every penny! They catered to our requests and made our guests get up and dance without having to force them on the dance floor. I highly recommend Ted and his crew at TKO.

Sent on 08/08/2017
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 08/31/2013

3.5

They were very accommodating and even made a complete personalized mix for the big day of all the songs we really wanted. They were thorough and cared about what you liked and what you did not like; I has to fill out detailed forms which we carefully reviewed together. They made me feel reassured about their quality of work and their professionalism (no cheesiness).
    The DJ we had at our reception was excellent. He was extremely nice and took charge when it was time to line the bridal party up to be announced. He remained professional the whole time and even came up to me throughout the night asking me how it was going and was there anything not played that I really wanted to hear. That stood out to me and I really appreciated their efforts and authenticity!

Sent on 09/20/2013

Leigh · Married on 06/19/2009

3.5

Great to work with, put up with my crazy singing Grandpa, and did not think I was crazy for wanting "No Requests". Stuck to the playlist, and I was not disappointed. There were two small snags, the first being when the DJ (not Ted) asked ME for the payment, when I made it clear that the Best Man would be taking care of it. Asking the bride for money is a huge no no in my opinion, and they should be well aware of that. Second, they messed up the timing of our first dance song, which we had taken lessons for, so it was timed to a tee. I told them at exactley what time to start the song, and for some reason it started in the middle of the first verse and almost ruined months worth of lessons. Luckily my husband was determined to pull it off, and we figured out the dance, so it was no big deal. All in all, I would recommend them again, I just wish I would have gotten Ted as my DJ.

Sent on 07/16/2009

Leigh-
    Thank you once again for using us. I am so glad the dance floor was still packed at the end of the night and that everyone had a great time. Your grandfather was so excited about the karaoke songs that we found for him to sing to. It was no problem working with hime and making him happy.
    In regards to the two other small snags; first, our contract clearly states that the balance is due well before the night of the event. Part of the reason is so our DJs are not put in the awkward position of having to ask for payment the night of. We were never told in advance that the best man would have the balance, or we would have asked him for it. Also, the first dance song was cued up to the exact second that we talked about. After some research, I found that there are actually 2 versions of the song - one shorter than the other. I am glad that the dance still worked out. Not sure why you think that I (ted) would have done anything different. I would have had the same exact details that Jordan had that night. Jordan and his assistant actually had their hands full all night with a plethora of guest requests and even acted as bouncers throughout the night trying to keep the dancers from banging into and knocking over our equipement. So kudos to them for going above and beyond in a challenging situation.

Brittany · Married on 07/21/2007

4.2
      3.0

Overall, TKO was a god choice of DJ. They could have played better music at the beginning but overall a good choice..and affordable too!

Sent on 02/06/2008

TKO Entertainment DJs (Cleveland / Akron)'s reply:

Sorry you didn't like the music at the beginning of the night, we always try to please the older adults at the start and then play the newer music as the night goes on! Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks again, Ted

TKO kept the dance floor filled. that is what my husband and I wanted - all our family and friends out on the dance floor having an amazing time.

Sent on 09/20/2012

Rachel · Married on 11/21/2009

3.0

They came highly recommended.

Sent on 03/15/2010

Ashley · Married on 12/22/2007

3.0

TKO was great. They have you set up a playlist before the wedding, with a list of DO NOT PLAYS!! This was very important to my husband and I, because we are very picky about our music. They were a lot of fun, and even stayed an extra hour for us to keep the party going!!

Sent on 04/14/2008

2.5
      1.0
      0.0
      0.0

Review by father of the Bride

TKO arrived approximately 1-1/2 hours prior to the reception. I informed the two DJ's that a party tray is provided for them and the other vendors and whenever they would like to eat before they get started, I will have the staff serve them.

I was told by TKO that "we don't eat party trays" I was also told that "we get served hot meals and eat when you eat"

My comment to TKO was "there is a party tray for you and the other vendors and you are welcome to eat whenever you want".

Shortly after our conversation, my two son's (groomsmen) came to me and said my daughter (the Bride) was very upset because TKO came on the limo bus and gave her crap about not getting a hot meal and she (the Bride) was in fear that TKO was angry and would ruin her wedding.

In an effort to calm my daughter’s fears, I ordered hot meals for TKO. I then informed TKO that they will get there hot meals and if they have any other complaints, concerns or request, they are to come to me or the father of the Groom.

This behavior was unprofessional, arrogant and rude.

When you calculate the cost to hire TKO, make sure you include them in your head count, the same way you count your guest.

Sent on 10/16/2014

TKO Entertainment DJs (Cleveland / Akron)'s reply:

This was a complete misunderstanding.

First off, It was such a pleasure being a part of Steve and Chrissy's big night last Saturday at St Vladimir's. Seeing a full dance floor all evening and 80 guests still on the dance floor during the last song of the night was incredible.

FOOD: We hole-heartedly appreciate the kind gesture of making sure food was provided for us. We were just a little perplexed when you mentioned the hall had a "deli tray" set up for us. We tried explaining to you how the facility staff told us we would be fed the food they prepared, as it was family-style and they had plenty more. They told us they would never serve us cold cuts. Over the last 20 years, they've always taken good care of all the vendors. Apparently there may have been some miscommunication.

Again, we did not know you went through the trouble of bringing a party tray into the party center! So we apologize is you felt disrespected.

BUS: When the bride and groom arrived on the bus, we came over to say congratulations and wanted to make sure they were aware of the timing and upcoming events. As an afterthought, we just mentioned that we were going to ask the facility if they had food for us. That's all we asked and the couple seemed in total agreement (we had also discussed all of these details prior to the wedding). I did not feel we acted inappropriately.

Lastly, we've made a huge investment and work tirelessly to provide our clients with a first-class, amazing, stress-free event. We are there to work hard and take pride in the positive impact we have on every event we are a part of. We go above and beyond and do not disappoint. Our reputation in the industry is flawless, just look at all our customer reviews and feedback. We take our job seriously!! We do appreciate it immensely when we are fed and want to thank you again for your efforts in making sure that happened last Saturday.

All the best to the new couple!
    Sincerely,