Timmester Photography Reviews

Timmester Photography 6
Timmester Photography 7
  • Christie

Christie · Married on 03/31/2012

I don't even know where to start to describe how much I appreciate Tracy. From the minute we met her for the consult, I knew she was the right fit for us and when we did the engagement shoot, it totally sealed the deal! She is a bundle of positive energy, making Mike smile naturally is not an easy thing to do when a camera is present but Tracy has that way about her. Our wedding photos have captured all those moments that I wanted, the look between Mike and I at the altar, my grandmother dancing, our ring bearer looking up at us. Her work is priceless and I can't thank her enough!

Sent on 04/12/2012

Laura · Married on 11/12/2011

Tracy was remarkable! Between her professionalism, her talent, and her creativity...we could not have found a better photographer. She made the experience fantastic!!! We cannot wait to see the wedding photos. If they are half as good as the engagement photos...I will be in heaven :)

Sent on 11/28/2011

Catherine · Married on 11/05/2011

tracy was recommended to me by a friend and i immediately check out her website and fell in love with her work before i ever sent her an email to set up a consultation. then we met tracy...not only is she extremely talented, she is one of the most genuine adorable people i've ever met...what a rare combination! we could not have asked for a more wonderful experience. we did an engagement session with her and cannot wait to use her again in the future!

Sent on 11/22/2011

Meredith · Married on 10/15/2011

Tracy is AMAZING! For one, she is a really sweet, laid-back person who can make even the most camera shy love taking photos (or at least not feel totally ridiculous in front of the camera). Tracy is also very upbeat and has a positive attitude -- while the weather on our wedding was beautiful, we knew that Tracy would be super positive and creative if we needed to move to a Plan B in rain. Tracy is a lot of fun to work with and makes you feel confident that the photos will turn out great because she is in charge.

We did portraits before the ceremony, and while we had planned for a lot of time, we were rushed in the end, but Tracy didn't skip a beat -- she just kept everyone moving along and made sure that we captured all the photos we wanted of family and friends.

And, the best part about Tracy is that she is constantly on the move taking pictures and yet she never feels obtrusive. She makes you feel like you can enjoy your day and talk to your guests without being pulled away for photos every minute. And, yet, she still gets great candid shots without you noticing!

And, in the end, you have these beautiful photos that are lush with vibrant colors and warmth. She captures amazing images and we have been thrilled with the results of our engagement session and our wedding pictures. I would highly recommend Tracy - and Wale, our second shooter - for your wedding or photography needs.

Sent on 11/12/2011

Sascha · Married on 10/01/2011

I was super lucky and blessed to have an amazing wedding photographer, Tracy. She was consistant from start to finish and I would say that she is a true artist. She is very sweet and comfortable to be around which made it easy for us since neither of us like getting our pictures taken. The quality that she posseses that sets her apart from all of the rest is that she has the ability to truly capture raw emotion and fleeting moments! I HIGHLY reccommend her to you if you want your photographs to tell your love story.

Sent on 10/20/2011

Alexandra · Married on 07/09/2011

Timmester Photography was perfect for what we needed on our big day and all of the days leading up to it. We wanted mostly candid shots of amazing moments that happened throughout the night, and we definitely got it.

We felt a connection with Tracy immediately when we met her for our first meeting. We felt comfortable with her and were able to be very open with exactly what we wanted for our wedding day. Even my husband said after the first meeting that he felt really comfortable with her, which is important because he is not very fond of having his picture taken.

The engagement session was a great way to know her even better and to get used to the types of pictures she takes, we felt prepared for the big day. She is calm and patient which made it very easy.

The wedding day was the same way. We were so happy we did our pictures before the ceremony with her because it really gave us some alone time and calmed both of our nerves.

When we got the pictures back we were all incredibly happy with them. We had decided not to do a video so the pictures were so important to us. We believe that the pictures Tracy and her team took told the story of our wedding day better than a video could. Another really nice thing is that Timmester Photography gives you a CD with all of your photos on it which makes it super easy to share with family and friends. We also made lots of prints that are now all over our house.

Thank you Tracy and Artemas!

Sent on 11/08/2011

Erinn · Married on 05/07/2011

Timmester Photography provided us with service that was beyond excellent.

First of all, the photographs are gorgeous. Tracy's masterful camerawork captured everything for us, in brilliant detail. Thanks to her, we have beautiful images of our preparation, wedding ceremony, and reception. She even did an excellent job of capturing moments that might have otherwise been overlooked or forgotten. For every picture Tracy took, we have an instant captured in time, and a memory that will now last forever.

More importantly, Tracy herself was kind, courteous, responsive, and above all, exceptionally professional. No question, call, or message went unanswered. Tracy was more than a photographer for us, she was a friend.

In short, Timmester Photography provides excellent service, excellent results, and an excellent example that all vendors should strive to follow.

Sent on 06/26/2011

Jennifer · Married on 04/30/2011

We absolutely loved Tracy!!! We met her at an open house for R&R Catering, and then read wonderful reviews of her on Wedding Wire, so decided we needed to sit down with her. The #1 thing my then-fiance, now-husband was looking for in a photographer was unobtrusiveness, and that's what all the reviews commented on with Tracy. She was so generous with her time at the first meeting, and I really enjoyed getting to know her as a person as well as a photographer. She is so thoughtful in her work and you can tell that each wedding truly is special and unique to her.

Since our wedding two weeks ago, we have received nothing but very positive comments from our guests saying that Tracy and her second photographer Artemas were so unobtrusive, yet were able to capture every fun, special moment. We barely even knew they were there, and whenever I turned around to ask them to shoot something, they had already done it! We were so pleased with how they photographed the wedding, as were all of our guests. Both of them were so easy to work with as well - such nice, laid-back people.

So far we have received the blog post and it is AMAZING! I cannot stop looking at it! Everyone who has seen it loves it as well. We are so excited to see the rest of the pictures when they are ready, but we are confident that they will be just as incredible. Having a good photographer was one of my main priorities with the wedding, and Tracy has definitely fulfilled my wishes!

Sent on 05/17/2011
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/16/2010

Tracy is an incredible photographer as well as an awesome person! We absolutely LOVED working with her. From our first consultation I just knew that Tracy was going to be the perfect fit to capture my desire for creative, photo journalist photo's, but also the classic more traditional photo's that certain family members wanted. She was very thoughtful from the beginning, after learning that my fiance and I were planning to attend a bridal show the next day (for which she was actually showcasing in) she offered up free tickets!

We had the pleasure of having her photograph our engagement session as well as our wedding. She was so accommodating and helpful because I had a very clear idea of what I wanted, a sexy, dramatic, night engagement session which she captured beautifully! She also talked us into doing a twilight session, just before the sunset which I hadn't thought of, but we are so happy we did it because we also were able to incorporate our fun/playful side with our dog! It was a great experience and we had a blast doing it and getting know each other even more!

As a total side note, I probably rescheduled this session with Tracy at least 4 times due to it being a miserable, rainy, humid August and Tracy was so patient and sweet about it!

My husband and I ended up getting married on her (almost) 1 year wedding anniversary! Her's was the day following our wedding. Tracy has this incredible ability to capture the stolen moments. I cried when I saw the pictures with my Dad, and laughed out loud at the ridiculous dance off moments because on your wedding day, when things go by so quickly, you get caught up in it and aren't able to fully take it all in. I couldn't have been happier with our pictures and our overall experience! I highly recommend Tracy!

Sent on 01/23/2011
  • MF

Mom · Married on 09/18/2010

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!

We are so pleased with the way Tracy documented our special day. She is so incognito during the entire ceremony and reception we were surprised at some of the angles she achieved.

Words cannot express how happy we are with our photos. We know we made the right decision to hire Tracy as our photographer.

Sent on 11/24/2010

Marina · Married on 09/05/2010

I don't know what else I can add to these reviews, than to reiterate that Tracy is an amazing photographer and a pleasure to work with. Tracy is the first vendor we booked based of recommendations, and we are so thrilled that we did so. We worked with her on the engagement and wedding photos. She is very easy to work with, and makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera. She was nice, fun, responsive, and extremely professional. We loved our engagement shoot and photos and knew we had made the right choose for the wedding. And we were not disappointed. When we got a few of the pictures back, my husband and I were literally grinning from ear to ear looking at them. They were beautiful, and really captured the spirit of the wedding. Tracy was by far our favorite vendor - we couldn't recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 10/19/2010

Karli · Married on 09/04/2010

Tracy is AMAZING! She was one of the first vendors that we booked for our wedding and we are so happy that we did! We did an engagement photo shoot in Old Town Alexandria and she was so laid back that she even made my husband comfortable posing for pictures (it's torture for him). The images came out beautifully and it reassured us that we made the right choice in a wedding photographer. We were expecting our wedding photos to be equally as good, but she ended up blowing us away! I can't express how happy I was when I received our first blog post with our wedding photos! I spent the entire day staring at them because I loved them so much! Not only does she have an awesome talent and a very creative eye, but shes incredibly friendly and kind. We received so many compliments from our wedding guests about how great she was and how they couldn't wait to see her photos. She was everywhere during the wedding and on top of everything, but very hidden and out of the way at the same time. I barely remember seeing her during the ceremony, and she got some awesome shots. I can't express enough how happy I am that we chose Tracy as our photographer! Thank you :)

Sent on 09/24/2010

Lynn · Married on 07/17/2010

I cannot say enough good things about Tracy! From the very beginning I felt comfortable with her. She is extremely flexible with what and where to shoot, and is very good at giving directions and taking photos quickly so you can get back to the big day. We didn't want to many posed ones, but when we decided mid-night that we did want some, she jumped right on it. She makes everyone feel at ease and is completely un-obtrusive. And her photos are amazing! She does such a great job capturing emotion and colors and the mood. We can't stop looking at our photos. Feel more than free to contact me with questions because I would absolutely do anything to convince you that she is the right decision.

Sent on 08/09/2010

Monika · Married on 05/16/2010

We were so pleased by the outstanding job that Tracy did for both our engagement and wedding photos! She was open to our ideas for the engagement session and made us feel at ease. For the wedding, she did an incredible job capturing the joy and beauty of the place and people on that day. So many of our guests were really wow-ed by how well she captured the emotions and fun from that day. And the portraits that she took of us were exquisite. She brings a rare seriousness and professionalism to her craft that truly turns her work into art. At the same time, she is a real joy to work with. We highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/24/2010

Katie · Married on 05/08/2010

Tracy Timmester is INCREDIBLE! I originally booked Tracy because I loved her portfolio, personality, and her passion for what she does. From the day I booked her, she was extremely responsive and helpful. Tracy really goes the extra mile and she scouted out gorgeous locations at our venues to do portraits; the results were amazing. Tracy was very calming the entire day while still being direct enough to make sure that everything was organized and ran smoothly. Tracy is an amazing artist and the photos that she captured were more then anything I could have ever imagined. I never realized that someone could capture the spirit and emotion of people and their interactions in photographs, but that's exactly what she did. She was just able to capture the little moments, laughs, and looks of all the guests. I would highly highly highly recommend Timmester Photography to all brides!

Sent on 05/18/2010

Bobbi · Married on 05/01/2010

Tracy is a wonderful photographer and I would recommend her to anyone. She truly knows how to capture those sacred moments. Not only are her pictures wonderful but she is a great person to be around. When your photographer spends most of your wedding day with you, having someone you enjoy being around is so valuable.

Sent on 07/30/2010
  • I

Irene · Married on 04/10/2010

Tracy is simply the best. We could not be happier with our choice of wedding photographer. We worked with her for both our engagement and wedding photos. What we loved about her were her energy, creativity, and obviously the photos. She made us feel very comfortable during the posed pictures, and for the candids, we barely noticed she was there. And yet the results are amazing. Even though we haven't received the complete wedding album, based on the engagement photos and the few wedding pictures she placed on her blog, we have no doubt we will love the wedding album. She offers a variety of photo packages and products. For any future photo needs, we will definitely call her first.

Sent on 04/26/2010

Shannon · Married on 10/25/2009

Tracy was a blast to work with and had great ideas. From the engagement session to the wedding, her eye for detail is incredible. I was thrilled with the engagement pictures and can't wait to see the final wedding pictures. She was so unobtrusive throughout the reception, that I didn't even know she was there and it made it so much more comfortable, yet when it came time for posed pictures, she gave great direction and made everyone feel beautiful and handsome. She is also one of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Sent on 10/31/2009
  • SCourtney

Shaun · Married on 10/24/2009

We worked with Tracy for both our engagement and wedding photos. Tracy was a delight to work with. She is professional and approachable. Her work is consistently of a great quality and she delivers it in a timely manner. We were married on Saturday and by the time we'd arrived to our honeymoon destination on Monday, she'd posted a few of our photos and our slide show, I couldn't believe it, but somehow she managed to do it! It made for a great start to our honeymoon!

As a photographer Tracy made us feel comfortable in front of the camera and captured some great candid moments. Tracy is great about making you laugh and getting you to take a chance with a quirky shot or two, which always wind up being the most fun images of the group. I have my own memories of the wedding, but thanks to Tracy I get to see a lot of moments I missed- lots of friends and family dancing away, or the look on my husband's face when I started my walk down the aisle. I would recommend Tracy to anyone who is looking for a talented, personable and reliable photographer!

Sent on 01/19/2010

Danielle · Married on 08/15/2009

Tracy is an incredibly talented, wonderful, hardworking woman! We loved working with her. Her journalistic style is very unique and a hard act to follow. She was able to capture all of the emotions surrounding our engagement/wedding with the most amazing photographs. My husband and I have very busy schedules and she was more than flexible jumping in her car at the last minute to drive over an hour to take our engagements photos. She is willing to work for those unique shots that make the most amazing photos capturing true emotion.

Sent on 10/06/2009
  • raya_esca

rhea · Married on 08/08/2009

My hubby, my pup Einy, and I love Tracy! We did both our engagement and wedding with her. She was beyond accomodating and always pleasant. Her artistic style was exactly what we were looking for. Its not boring traditional posed shots. She captures moments in time. We are so happy with our pictures and received many compliments! She definitely thinks outside the box- her creativity is outta this world! Her prices are very reasonable as well. she is fantastic to work with. You must book Tracy. You wont regret it.

Sent on 08/26/2009

Kelly · Married on 08/01/2009

Tracy Timmester (now Tracy Selinsky!) is an incredible photographer, not to mention a big sweetheart. She will astound you with her remarkable take on your big day. She captures not only the most important events, but the teeny tiny details that make your heart melt to relive. When you return from your honeymoon getaway, your jaw will drop at her thoughtfulness to post a blog on your big day. Then when she mails you your photos (after taking all the time in the world to make a billion copies in black and white), you will smile just as big as you did when you were there saying those vows, watching the many people who were there for you, and having the time of your life with the person you were meant to be with. If you select Tracy to be your photographer, there is no doubt in this world that you will be as amazed, thankful, and happy as we were with her presence and her work.

Sent on 01/04/2010

Michelle · Married on 05/16/2009

Tracy was great to work with. She had the right amount of spunk to keep us posing! Great work Tracy!

Sent on 08/31/2009

Adrienne · Married on 04/04/2009

Tracy was recommended by my now sister - in - law who had been to a previous wedding that Tracy photographed. I checked out her website and her blog and loved her work. She was only the second photographer I looked into but as soon as I got the first e-mail back from her I knew I wanted her as our photographer. She was very professional yet fun and full of energy! And she was AMAZING with mine and my husbands ever changing school and military schedule. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 05/24/2009

Sarah · Married on 01/10/2009

Hiring Timmester Photography for our wedding was by far one of the best decisions we made. Tracy's photography is exceptionally beautiful and artistic. She has a unique ability to capture the essence of a moment with a picture. Her professionalism and flexibility were also extremely impressive; within a week or two of contacting her we were meeting to set up contracts and timelines. Also, very important to us, her out-going and energetic personality made it very easy for us to feel comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera. We have recommended Timmester Photography to all of our family and friends and will not think twice to hire them again in the future!

Sent on 02/12/2009