Timmester Photography Reviews

Timmester Photography 5
Timmester Photography 6
Timmester Photography 7

Carley · Married on 10/18/2014

When I first started talking to photographers, Tracy was the only one who took note of the sunset times (we had an outdoor wedding in October). This level of detail is what Tracy is all about. She is the most kind, talented, and helpful person I met during the time spent planning the big day and it was a true honor to have her at our wedding. It really felt like she was just another friend who was a part of our memorable day :)

Tracy was the only vendor who my husband and I trusted completely. We just saw our pictures today - grinning like fools and howling laughing at the fantastic shots she got. Tracy does the most amazing job at capturing all of the precious moments.

If you're looking for a wedding photographer, stop here. Seriously. Tracy is beyond the best and you will not regret working with her.

Sent on 10/31/2014

Kathleen · Married on 10/11/2014

Tracy was professional and fun. Our guests loved her and we now consider her a friend. And her photos are awesome. One of our friends commented "I'm so jealous, that's the quality pictures I wanted at my wedding". Tracy is the best.

Sent on 10/26/2014

Lisa · Married on 10/04/2014

Hiring Tracy was the smartest thing we did for our wedding. She's an amazing, warm, and friendly person who made us feel super comfortable (and we both find having our picture taken a bit awkward!) Our families both loved her too.

Of course, the most important part is that she's a terrific photographer! We were so pleased with our photos, and the entire process. She was super responsive and professional, and we got our photos more quickly than I would have expected. She was generous with allowing us retouching requests and black and whites, and the whole online system makes things super easy. Our album is gorgeous!

The best thing I can say, though, is that I've referred numerous friends to her after our wedding - I wouldn't recommend her if I didn't think she was the best. I know you'll be happy with her too!

Sent on 09/09/2016

Julia · Married on 09/06/2014

I don't even know where to begin, but I should start out by saying if you are considering hiring Tracy, DO IT NOW. Not only is she a fabulous person to work with, but so incredibly talented. Tracy now feels like family to us and our wedding photos are so incredibly gorgeous...Everyone tells us they should be published in a magazine! I am writing this review and do not even have our final wedding album, (just our 5 minute video and sneak peek) and I can say with complete confidence, that hiring Timmester was one of the best decisions we made. Wedding photography is expensive in DC, and I found Tracy to be more than reasonable on all fronts. She is a photo ninja...in the mix at all times, climbing on walls and crouching under aggressive "Hora" dancing. I knew she was with us at all times, but not once did she and her team feel intrusive. She doesn't miss a beat. I feel like she photographed the "in between" moments. The moments where a typical photographer would take a photo, Tracy was able to capture one second before or after those moments and depict a tremendous amount of emotion in her story telling. Several of the women in my bridal party said that they wished they had someone like Tracy photograph their wedding day and a few of our friends want to hire Tracy for their upcoming weddings. We are THRILLED.

Sent on 09/29/2014

We couldn’t agree more with the other reviews (especially that the one bummer is that we don’t get to continue to work with her). Tracy is the absolute BEST! Not only was she (and her team, Artemas & Jen) incredible day-of, but wonderful throughout the entire wedding planning process - she really put us at ease. We could go on and on about how wonderful she is, but here are a few highlights:

She was prompt, organized, supportive, and always positive in EVERY email exchange leading up to the event.

Several people noted throughout the event how seamless she and her team was – taking pictures at important moments but never, ever being in the way.

Family portraits were well-planned and well-executed – most efficient family pictures that we have ever experienced at a wedding. We knocked all the ones we needed without a hitch and, logistically, it couldn’t have worked out better.

She knew all of the most beautiful sites around Hotel Monaco Alexandria – taking us directly to a quaint street for our first look, and several other spots that were absolute hidden gems. The team worked so well together, were never pushy, gave us tons of laughs, and were just a blast to work with!

We have received our “sneak peak” -- which includes her blog post, a slideshow and a facebook post within DAYS of our wedding. She took the most beautiful pictures – both planned and spontaneous.

She has the best personality – making us feel comfortable no matter where we were!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Patricia · Married on 07/05/2014

THANK YOU TRACEY!!!!! Your professional and enthusiasm during our engagement and wedding photos; ensured perfection to our pictures. Tracey exemplified her passion through the eye of the camera by directing, having fun, and seeing positions differently then what we would see. Her on-time and ready-to-go attitude ensured that we were we maintained our schedule throughout the evening. We truly appreciate her patience during the family photos. We had several pictures to take...with a large family and restricted time to get 25 poses completed; Tracey professionally directed us (the family) with enthusiasm!!!! Overall, I would recommend her to all of my friends and family for future services. She is a wonderful person and a phenomenal photographer!

Sent on 10/04/2014

Tracy is amazing to work with! She is so fun and makes you feel very comfortable right from the start. She is quick to respond and has amazing ideas. Her pictures were amazing and captured our special day perfectly! She really is the best! Thank you for everything, Tracy!!

Sent on 11/23/2014

Jan · Married on 11/09/2013

I don't even have to have seen my daughter's wedding pictures to know they will be spectacular. The engagement session was just what the future bride and groom needed to be relaxed on their wedding day. On the wedding day, Tracy was patient and flexible with a very excited group of girls and managed to get them through all the pictures wanted before the ceremony even began. From getting dressed to the first look to the ceremony and ending with tons of candids, Tracy and her assistant were professional and encouraging.

Sent on 11/15/2013

Ellen · Married on 10/05/2013

There are not enough ways for me to fully explain how much we enjoyed and appreciated working with Tracy on our wedding day. She is professional, prompt, easy to be yourself around, quick on her feet, creative, hard working, and extremely talented. Photography is a pretty big deal on your wedding day and not something that you want to be worried about leading up to it or on the actual day. With Tracy, we felt very confident that she would take beautiful photos, keep on schedule, adjust her/our timing if things got too crunched, and keep us, our family, and wedding party looking happy and natural in the photos. She did all those things and exceeded our expectations. We even had guests say during our reception "your photographer is awesome!" and we couldn't have agreed more! Tracy was also very prompt with following up with a slideshow, edits, and photos soon after our wedding. She did a fantastic job of capturing all the special moments of our wedding; I highly recommend Tracy!

Sent on 03/04/2014

Katie · Married on 09/20/2013

The day before our wedding the photographer we had hired had a family emergency and could no longer shoot our wedding. She sent Tracy as a replacement photographer and my worries were immediately eased after our first correspondence. Tracy did a great job photographing our wedding the way we wanted, and left us with beautiful photos!

Sent on 11/09/2013

Joanna · Married on 09/14/2013

It is hard to truly capture in words just how special it was to have Tracy Timmester photograph our wedding this past September. We could not have imagined someone who was as talented, meticulous, professional, thoughtful, energetic, and incredibly sweet as Tracy!
    From our very first meeting with Tracy, my husband and I both knew she was 'the one'. Communication was wonderful because she responded incredibly quickly to all of our emails. She also has a great system set up online. Everything is very easy and user-friendly. You can pick your package with her and then make payments online. We opted to do an engagement session with her, which we were very glad we did! The session was tons of fun because Tracy is so engaging and put us at ease. She was also extremely generous with the time she spent with us.
    Leading up to the wedding Tracy was great- sent us a very thorough questionnaire, timeline, & scouted both our ceremony & reception locations! Our wedding day went so smoothly & a great deal of that was because of Tracy. She kept perfectly on time and her enthusiastic spirit was infectious. Our families loved her! She was so professional & moved everywhere at lightning speed, ready to catch everything. She loves her job & that passion is so evident. I only wish I had a photo of her dancing with me and my husband at some point of the reception! After the wedding, Tracy was very fast at giving us a preview, slideshow, and then blog full of all the best shots. On our 2 month anniversary, we got a lovely email from her with a link to all rest of our photos. It was great getting to see so many of our photos so soon after the wedding because everything was still so fresh and it kept us so excited.
    We feel so honored that we had Tracy as our photographer. We love all of our photographs. We are so glad we had her with us to capture such a special time in our lives. She has given us such a treasure of memories! Thank you so very much Tracy!!!

Sent on 11/15/2013

samantha · Married on 08/10/2013

There aren't enough stars to describe Tracy and her work - she is amaaaaazing. Tracy photographed my bestie's wedding and the photos were awesome, per her usual. A few months later when I got engaged and started planning I was psyched to have one of the decisions already made. I was not the best at all things bridal and sometimes got a little slow to respond (rude!) but my homegirl Tracy was OK with it and still delivered fantastic service.

We had an engagement/practice session with our puppy (scene stealer!) and seeing those photos made me a thousand times more confident and prepared for the glamour shoot on the big day. My husband and I are awkward with a capital A but Tracy made us look normal. She is a sorceress! Also, she always sensed when I was starting to get to my breaking point during the photo shoots on the day and let me have a moment. Magic!

Thanks to Tracy we have killer shots from the dance party and the photobooth (highly recommend, especially if you, like us, have guests who like to take their pants off) and looking at them makes me want to shoot off a confetti canon and cry at the same time. Best day. Best photos.

Finally, I have to say that Artemas is the ArteMOST - that ladykiller may have stolen the hearts of 4 of my 5 brides-hoes. True story!

Sent on 11/29/2013

loc · Married on 06/22/2013

There are several talented photographers that will produce great wedding photos, and Tracy Timmester falls into that group. What sets her apart is the peace-of-mind that you'll get when you work with her. This is especially important as you spend several stressful months preparing for your wedding day. The combination of her friendliness, preparedness, and professionalism will put you at ease.

You will immediately notice Tracy's friendly, down-to-earth personality. She takes the time to listen to you and get to know you so she can start crafting a plan for your engagement and wedding pictures. She left us with very little doubt that she would be able to capture our personalities, and we weren't disappointed. The photos were perfect.

Tracy does her homework. She actively scouted out the areas where we wanted to take pictures so when it came time for the shoot, very little time was wasted. This was important before and after the ceremony when we took bridal party and family pictures. In essence, when you hire Timmester, you're paying for a lot more than just the hours she spends taking pictures of you. You're also paying for extensive amount of time she spends to prepare for your wedding and the time after your wedding that she spends selecting the very best pictures and touching them up as needed.

Tracy's professionalism was very noticeable. She was able to coordinate with other vendors to help set up our wedding-day timeline. Our wedding coordinator, who followed us around everywhere, actually did not come with us to the off-site bridal party shoot because she trusted Timmester to take care of us and to make sure that we returned us in time for the ceremony.

If we had to do it all over, would we hire Timmester again? Maybe not. We probably would choose someone else and invite Tracy to be our guest because we like her so much. Otherwise, yes, we would most definitely hire Tracy Timmester. So should you. You won't regret it.

Sent on 06/03/2014

Deanna · Married on 06/15/2013

My husband and I knew the minute we met Tracy that she was the photographer for us! She has such a sweet, down to earth personality, not to mention-- her photos are beyond STUNNING!
    Tracy is absolutely AMAZING to work with! To say I cringe at the thought of getting my picture taken would be an understatement, but Tracy and her assistant were able to make my husband and I feel so at ease during our engagement session and we hardly even noticed she was there during the wedding and reception. Tracy has such a kind, calming presence and she makes you feel like you are the most special couple she has ever photographed! When she arrived as I was starting to get ready on the wedding day I was so genuinely happy just to see her—like an old friend!
    Tracy is extremely professional, organized, responsive and was also very flexible scheduling our engagement session—and the photos turned out better than I could have ever imagined! Tracy created the most beautiful guest book with such special photos for our wedding on June 15th!
    We just received a slideshow of our “sneak peek” wedding photos and it brought tears to both my husband’s and my eyes! Tracy is so incredibly talented! She absolutely captured the emotions of the day, which was all such a blur to us! I can’t stop looking at the amazing photos-- we will cherish them for a lifetime! I simply cannot say enough good things about Tracy! We are so grateful we found her and have gotten so many rave reviews from family and friends about her and her work!

Sent on 07/08/2013
  • User2919841 · 2+ years ago

This was my favorite vendor by far. She was incredible--and really really sweet. We are not big on getting our pictures taken but she made the entire process fun, and the pictures are amazing. She did the requisite amount of still shots/photos but the other pictures are the best part--capturing the moments that don't wait around to say cheese. The price is also more than fair for the DC area. If Tracy is available and you a fun person...you should hire her =)

Sent on 10/23/2013

Kate · Married on 04/20/2013

It really is hard to capture how amazing Tracy's work is and how great she is to work with, which is why it has taken me almost 7 months to write this review. Every time I sat down to write it I felt like I wasn't doing her justice and I still probably won't. From start to finish working with Tracy was a dream and it shows in our engagement and wedding photos. In fact, when she sent our initial set of wedding photos and the slideshow, I sat at my desk laugh, crying, and feeling like I was right back in the excitement of the day. She managed to not just capture the moments throughout the day but also the energy and emotion.

When we first met with Tracy, my now husband and I hadn't even left her front walkway before we agreed that she was the photographer for us. We just felt like she got us and what we wanted for our day. From there, we canceled all of the other consultations we set-up and never once did we regret the decision. She was always very responsive over email, answered all of our questions in a thoughtful, yet honest, way, and was eager to give suggestions while not being pushy at all. Most of all, she may be the most patient person I have ever met.

Fast forward to our wedding day and we could not have asked for more. Based off of our engagement session, we knew we were in great hands. Both Tracy and her second shooter, Laurie, were everywhere and nowhere all at the same time. They worked non-stop to capture amazing moments and details through-out the day without every being overbearing or demanding. We were THRILLED with the outcome. We can't wait to order our album and find another reason to work with her!!

We would recommend her a thousand times over!

Sent on 12/10/2013

Christine · Married on 04/06/2013

Tracy was by far the best of all of our vendors (which is saying a lot since our wedding went off without a hitch)! From our first meeting with Tracy it was clear she was extremely organized and loves what she does. She helped us with the day-of timeline and was very knowledgable about the timing of the day's events. Tracy was able to make us both feel very comfortable and open up quickly even though we are both shy people, and she was also great with gathering our huge family for portraits. Throughout the planning process, Tracy was always very quick to reply to any communication and was prompt on the wedding day (and she even helped us stay on time getting ready!). We can not say enough about how much we LOVED the photos she took for our wedding and engagement session!!! We received so many compliments about the pictures and how great she was to work with! We highly recommend Tracy! In fact, one of our friends is now using her for their wedding after a recommendation from our bridal party! Thanks Tracy for everything!!!

Sent on 11/02/2013

Andrea · Married on 11/03/2012

This review is severely overdue, but better late than never, right?

Do yourself a favor and stop looking for a photographer now. Tracy is, without a doubt, the best in the area. Not only does she produced a fabulous final product--sure, many wedding photographers can take beautiful photos--but what sets her apart is her cool and fun attitude (before, during, and after the wedding!); her amazing eye for special and candid moments; her knowledge and experience that allow her to adapt to any situation you may have and answer any question you may have, and her confident and easygoing nature the day of your wedding.

I've been to and in many weddings since my own, and each one just makes me appreciate Tracy even more! What many wedding photographers lack is being able to give clear directions to you and your family/wedding party for photos--many times people are confused about where to be/what to do, they finally get wrangled in for a few staged photos, and off they go..but Tracy manages to do all of this expertly and without being bossy, so the photos you want get taken, everyone has fun doing it, and she stays on schedule. So many times the photos are rushed and not enjoyable but not with Tracy! I I could do a photo shoot with her every day, I would--it's that much fun!

Also her 2nd shooter, Artemas, was amazing!! He is an incredibly talented photographer, and also super kind and easygoing. He even let me borrow his coat in between shots since it was 40 degrees and I was freezing!

I just adore Tracy, & so do all my friends and family-my mom STILL talks about her! I've recommended her to anyone who will listen. She takes her time with you, sends thoughtful responses to your questions/requests (and I had many!!), and never makes you feel like a crazy bride.It's SO important to have someone who trust, feel comfortable with, and have fun with on your wedding day---not to mention someone who will capture priceless moments for you.

Look no further--Tracy is your girl!!

Sent on 09/27/2014

Kellye · Married on 09/22/2012

Tracy was awesome to work with! Very organized, detailed, and SO talented. The planning process was seamless, making payments was easy, and the photos were better than we could have ever imagined. Tracy and Artemas captured our special day and we will cherish the photos forever. She provided a quick turnaround with sneak peeks as well as a full blog post and slideshow. We are so excited to receive the full library of photos in a few weeks! I would definitely recommend her to future brides, in fact, I have already passed along her info to a few interested friends. Happy planning!

Sent on 10/12/2012

Patti · Married on 09/15/2012

Awesome! That ways it all! Tracy and Artemis who photographed my daughter's wedding were wonderful to work with and captured the evening beautifully. I was particularly impressed with their relaxed and joyous manner. It is evident that they enjoy what they do and it helps relax everyone! Wonderful!

Sent on 09/29/2012

allison · Married on 08/11/2012

Tracy and Artemus were professional, responsive, amazingly fun to work with, and provided us with fantastic, gorgeous pictures. My husband and I are far from models, and they made us feel right at home in front of the camera - in fact, I would say we're laughing in 75% of the pictures! They had the best attitudes, were completely flexible if things didn't quite go as planned and provided us with the greatest memories from our wedding day. I've already recommended Tracy to three friends, and can't wait to work with them again as our family starts to grow.

Sent on 10/10/2012

Lauren · Married on 05/19/2012

We loved working with Tracy! From the first time we met with her, Tracy has been amazingly knowledgeable, professional, laid back, and organized. Tracy is always so on top of everything, and made the planning process incredibly easy. We loved our engagement session with her, and we knew then that we could expect phenomenal wedding photos (not like we ever had a doubt). On the day of our wedding, Tracy and Artemas were so much fun to work with, and they made sure to get all of the shots that we had wanted. My husband and I are not always the most comfortable in the front of the camera, but Tracy knew exactly how to put us at ease and make sure that the photos looked natural and flattering. Tracy and Artemas stayed flexible the entire evening when dealing with our crazy family portraits, large wedding parties, kids, etc. and even allowed us to add an extra hour onto our package at the last minute. The resulting wedding photos are so gorgeous, and we absolutely could not be happier. Our friends and families have given us so many compliments on how fantastic the pictures are, and we will cherish them forever. Tracy and Artemas are so talented, and I would recommend them to absolutely anyone. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Tracy! You are the best!

Sent on 10/13/2012

Jessie · Married on 05/12/2012

Working with Tracy was wonderful! In addition to taking BEAUTIFUL photographs, she was professional, responsive, and completely on top of everything. Working with her on the day of the wedding was relaxing and fun---my husband and I felt completely comfortable and had a great time during our photo session. Throughout the ceremony and reception, Tracy captured great shots while remaining totally unobtrusive.

After looking at our wedding day schedule, Tracy suggested an after-reception photo shoot, rather than trying to squeeze everything in after the ceremony. That approach was fantastic for us and we would never have even thought of it if she hadn't proactively presented it to us as an option. We really appreciated the personal attention and thought she put into planning the photography for our wedding day.

The day of the wedding, Tracy did a great job of adjusting to whatever was needed in the moment -- whether it was accommodating my extended family's spontaneous requests for portraits or getting down on the ground to catch the perfect shot of our dog.

The pictures she took are absolutely beautiful! I could go on about how much I love them, but all you need to do is take a look at her website/blog to see her work for yourself! The whole experience was positive---I have already recommended her to multiple friends and will definitely be reaching out to her for family/child photos in the future!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Elezabeth · Married on 04/21/2012

Tracy was amazing every step of the way. Wedding planning is very stressful and she helped us alleviate a lot of that stress. I would highly recommend Tracy for every wedding. She was amazing to work with and is extremely talented. The quality of her work speaks for itself but if that's not enough her professionalism is second to none.

Sent on 02/26/2013
  • Z

Z · Married on 04/15/2012

Tracy is definitely over 5 stars!! We had her for our engagement session as well as our wedding. We absolutely love her work. There is no doubt that she is excellent and very talented in photographing. Besides that, we were impressed by her professionalism. She was so devoted to her job and tried her best to capture all the memorable moments. I knew she would be great from our first consultation. I spoke to many photographers before her. Most were just trying to sell their experience during the consultation. After I described briefly about our wedding plan to Tracy, she started thinking and giving me great suggestions on where to take pictures on the wedding day. Yes, she is the photographer who would think for you the best. Before the wedding day, she went to the venue and searched for good spots for pictures. She was very patient in gathering all of our family members for portraits. It was not an easy job. Many of our family members left good comments about her. Overall, excellent experience!

Sent on 05/21/2012